Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for being so late to reply (lots of exams lately). I don't remember the number they gave in orientation I want to say about a 1/3 of the class, but don't quote me on that. I do know that the pass rate was 100% though (for 2018 class). There is dedicated time to prep for boards as well and this past year they added an additional prep between 1st and 2nd years to help with knowledge retention over the summer. It's not something you have to be around for, so you can still do all the fun summer things you want with your last free summer. Hope that helped!

Thanks! That answers my board prep question too. Do you know if they also provide access to like a prep class or online study resources?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted and I'm from California. Although CUSOM is "in the middle of no where," I liked it a lot. The facilities are good and people there are amazing. You should definitely give it a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks, and congratulations! After doing more research, I really like this medical school!!! I hope I get at least an interview. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that got accepted place their deposit? If so, is that how you get the links for the other "to do" items(i.e., when you deposit then they send the links)?

Has anyone who interviewed on Tuesday (September 6th) received a phone call or e-mail? Thanks for replying!

Rejection via email 5 pm on Friday, so if you don't get a call by 4 you should be waiting for the email I'm assuming. Two of my interviews went really well but one of my interviewers was condescending and rude from the start, so I didn't give her the time of day and stopped trying from the start. Oh well, I have other offers anyway in places not located in a ghost town.

Rejection via email 5 pm on Friday, so if you don't get a call by 4 you should be waiting for the email I'm assuming. Two of my interviews went really well but one of my interviewers was condescending and rude from the start, so I didn't give her the time of day and stopped trying from the start. Oh well, I have other offers anyway in places not located in a ghost town.

Sorry to hear about the decision and your experience.

But it's good you have more IIs.

Best of luck!

Some interviewers deliberately do this in order to measure an applicant's reaction to stressful/adverse encounters. FYI

Reactions: 1 users
Hi I'm new to DO forum but I thought to add this school since I've been hearing a lot of good things from people on forum. Does anyone know how this medical school would look upon people oos? I understand that it is already having loads of applicants.

One more thing: Because DO programs operate under a lengthened application cycle, would it hurt me if I were to submit my application in September? I'm kind of adding more schools based on finances. I see that some of you guys already have an acceptance so I'm just a bit apprehensive how fast the seats are being filed.
Like how fast is the turnaround time? Say you are qualified, how soon would you hear from this school regarding IIs.

Hi I'm new to DO forum but I thought to add this school since I've been hearing a lot of good things from people on forum. Does anyone know how this medical school would look upon people oos? I understand that it is already having loads of applicants.

One more thing: Because DO programs operate under a lengthened application cycle, would it hurt me if I were to submit my application in September? I'm kind of adding more schools based on finances. I see that some of you guys already have an acceptance so I'm just a bit apprehensive how fast the seats are being filed.
Like how fast is the turnaround time? Say you are qualified, how soon would you hear from this school regarding IIs.
Hey! So I do know of people who applied much later and seem to have gotten in, but I have seen them screen pretty harshly academically this year. If you have like 3.5 and mcat 27 or 502 plus, you probably have a chance. This school seems really great so if you can, I'd definitely apply. It's getting late in the cycle though ( I'm a re applicant, I applied later last year, and got rejected from all of them, this yr I applied super early and have been blessed ) don't make the same mistake I did, if any schools interest you apply now!! Best of luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me a rough timeline of how long it took for your application to be marked complete? So far, I have only received the confirmation email.

I got a ii with a 24 mcat and 3.5gpa but I also have a postbacc which may have put me over the edge. Point being you can get a ii with some substandard scores if you can make up for it

Hey! So I do know of people who applied much later and seem to have gotten in, but I have seen them screen pretty harshly academically this year. If you have like 3.5 and mcat 27 or 502 plus, you probably have a chance. This school seems really great so if you can, I'd definitely apply. It's getting late in the cycle though ( I'm a re applicant, I applied later last year, and got rejected from all of them, this yr I applied super early and have been blessed ) don't make the same mistake I did, if any schools interest you apply now!! Best of luck !
when did you apply/get completed last year? Just wondering since I see people with acceptances already.

I was complete 3 weeks ago, and they said to give them up to 3 weeks to review application for interview invite. Have not received anything as of now. Anyone on the same boat?

For those who have been accepted, did you guys get the scholarship application?

I am in the same boat. After the acceptance email that allows you to make a CUSOM account, I have gotten nothing.

when did you apply/get completed last year? Just wondering since I see people with acceptances already.
Yeah, so last year I was complete at most schools around October-decemberish in the DO world (MD I applied super early) anyways, I got nothing but rejection emails.i did however take my MCAT again and did better but overall, the only things that changed were being complete earlier and a higher MCAT. GPA stayed about the same as well as most of my extra curriculars, etc... . Anyways I've been blessed this year. Don't make the same mistake I did ! For the best possible chance make sure you apply early ! Osteopathic medical school is getting incredibly more competitive. Best of luck!

Still waiting for CUSOM to send me a matriculation link for the background check and stuff.

Hey guys I interview here on the 10th of October. Ive only interviewed one other place and was rejected so I'm hoping I have better luck here. Seems like a lot have been accepted so far too which is good and with quick turn around time as well. Is my interview late or more middle of the pack?
I am interviewing on the 10th too. Where r u coming from?

Thanks guys. If I hear anything, I'll let you guys know. I hope we all can get scholarships

Reactions: 1 user
Current MS1 here. Congratulations to those accepted already! You are going to love it here.

Current MS1 here. Congratulations to those accepted already! You are going to love it here.
Thanks! I went to CUSOM for my interview with no real intention of going there, but left my interview day absolutely stoked about the possibility of going there. I am proud to say I have accepted my offer of admission. Go Camels 2021!

Reactions: 4 users
Someone should make a Facebook page for the class of 2021!!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck to everyone who interviewed on Tuesday (Sept 13th)! Now I'm neurotically waiting for a phone call/email...

Complete email today. Really like what I am seeing and hearing about this school. I volunteer in an ER where a student is currently rotating.

Complete email today. Really like what I am seeing and hearing about this school. I volunteer in an ER where a student is currently rotating.

When did you submit your secondary? I'm still waiting for the complete email.

Thanks! I went to CUSOM for my interview with no real intention of going there, but left my interview day absolutely stoked about the possibility of going there. I am proud to say I have accepted my offer of admission. Go Camels 2021!

Is the electronic signature good enough for signing the academic bulletin, acceptance, etc, or do you have to print and send a physical copy?

Someone should make a Facebook page for the class of 2021!!! :)

I am working on a Facebook group for the class of 2021. Search for "CUSOM Class of 2021." I have it on the "closed" setting for a little more privacy for participants. This group is meant for students that have been accepted at CUSOM (It's okay if at some later point you decide to attend another school - just withdraw from the group at that time.)

I am working on a Facebook group for the class of 2021. Search for "CUSOM Class of 2021." I have it on the "closed" setting for a little more privacy for participants. This group is meant for students that have been accepted at CUSOM (It's okay if at some later point you decide to attend another school - just withdraw from the group at that time.)
I've searched Google and Facebook, no luck finding it... :(

I requested to join the FB page too! :) Thanks for starting it up!