Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just read that Emory surgeons were able to complete a successful kidney transplant from Wake Forrest baseball coach to one of his players. kinda insane.
that kid must be able to crush the ball

Members don't see this ad.

Hahahaah Julie YES; I get the nurse thing all of the time, too.

I try not to be too offended, because I love nurses, but geeeez.....do ovaries automatically equal nurse? So annoying.

I was reading a feminist paper from the 70s about women in health care...I think I'm going to pull out some tasty nuggets and post them someday. It was pretty funny because a lot of it doesn't apply anymore.... yet also...a lot of it is still sadly true:(

I understand your frustration. Patients tend to refer to the male nurses as "doctor" or "doc" constantly.

Yes. Because a doctor would really put you on and take you off the bedpan.

:laugh:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a nurse, it's a great profession. It's just the inability to grasp that a female could *gasp* be a doctor that drives me crazy. Meh.

And that bit about the kidney transplant: wow! Now anytime that player effs up the coach can really hold it over his head. "I gave you my kidney d*mmit, now go run a lap!"

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish that were a real school. I would go to Bob's Medical School.

Semirelated, but I keep meeting people (usually old ladies at the hospital where I volunteer or at the Y where I work) who either don't know what medical school is, or don't believe that I could possibly be going there in the fall. Like, I'll say "I'll be starting medical school in the fall" and they say "oh that's nice, are you going to be a nurse?" or "medical school... so what are you going to major in?"

Have you guys ever gotten someone who responded, "Oh, my friend is going to school for that too, she's doing billing and coding!" ? I think that is honestly the only one that got under my skin. ;)

Have you guys ever gotten someone who responded, "Oh, my friend is going to school for that too, she's doing billing and coding!" ? I think that is honestly the only one that got under my skin. ;)
Wait till you have patients argue what they read on health.com versus what you are telling them. total head desk moments.

Last week...

Doctor: "Why did you come to see me if you already know everything because you read it on the internet?"

Patient: "I just wanted a 2nd recommendation. You, know, to see if you agreed.

Doctor: "I don't"

Patient: "Well the article was blogged by someone who experienced this same problem."

Doctor: "I still don't agree"

Patient: "Do you know a doctor who would?"

:lame:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a nurse, it's a great profession. It's just the inability to grasp that a female could *gasp* be a doctor that drives me crazy. Meh.

Let me preface this... I totally agree. Nurses are awesome, and there are awesome nurses - some who do their job better than doctors. Often nurses are underappreciated which is a travesty. That being said, doesn't it irk the hell out of you when nurses have a total attitude about them. Like male nurses who don't correct their patients when they do call them doc, or just how sometimes nurses have this thing like "I could have been a doctor with only two more years of schooling - they're nothing special." I mean, yes, there are doctors that are total douches that are nothing special. But it just gets under my skin when they are completely disrespectful of the profession. It reminds me of freshman who were pre-med for the first semester of college and then switched to communications only to tell people for the rest of their life that they were going to be a doctor but they changed their mind.

whatever dude. i was gonna be in the nba, but i stopped growing.

"You don't understand! I coulda had class, I coulda been a contender...I coulda been somebody..."

Hi everyone!

Not much GC, just working. I haven't been around much lately because of family health and wedding drama. Why oh why did the BF and I think tying the knot before med school starts? We're not doing it up big, just a judge and a party, but still there was drama. Blah.

Hi everyone!

Not much GC, just working. I haven't been around much lately because of family health and wedding drama. Why oh why did the BF and I think tying the knot before med school starts? We're not doing it up big, just a judge and a party, but still there was drama. Blah.

That's the way to do it, IMO. I wish our wedding had been smaller and cheaper, and we only had a little under 100 guests. Planning a wedding is so stressful, though. Ugh.

I am in such a stabby mood today. I think I'm hijacking Mr. Geek's rental of Assassin's Creed II tonight to sate my bloodlust.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's the way to do it, IMO. I wish our wedding had been smaller and cheaper, and we only had a little under 100 guests. Planning a wedding is so stressful, though. Ugh.

I am in such a stabby mood today. I think I'm hijacking Mr. Geek's rental of Assassin's Creed II tonight to sate my bloodlust.
And this is why we are not planning. Que sera sera, I refuse to be stressed out by this. We basically know who's being invited - the party is just friends, family we'll do a picnic for.

I'm sure the Assassin's Creed will relieve the stabbiness! I have decided that I need to take any and all bad moods to the gym, killing multiple birds with one stone.

Hi, mindthegap! Open bar :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I'm wedding-averse. I'll probably do a civil ceremony and a party too if/when that day comes.

Speaking of wedding drama, has anyone seen or heard of that show Bridalplasty? It's terrifying.

No, I haven't, but it does sound like the kind of trainwreck I can't look away from. People having plastic surgery before weddings, I'm guessing?

I'm wedding-averse. I'll probably do a civil ceremony and a party too if/when that day comes.
same. my dad has actually promised me a large sum of money if I do civil ceremony/elopement. and I'm a pretty money grubby girl.
:poke: What's going on 2015?
skype interview today. never done one of these before. :confused:

Going to the gym would be the better idea, but we don't have a gym membership and I will never get one again. I am telling myself I'm going to be a good girl and utilize the facilities at school.

Going to the gym would be the better idea, but we don't have a gym membership and I will never get one again. I am telling myself I'm going to be a good girl and utilize the facilities at school.
My school gym is far better than any of the gyms around my town. The only drawback is the limited hours. And some gyms (like YMCA) have daycare.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I didn't know you were getting married, congrats! Sorry about the drama though :(.

Speaking of wedding drama, has anyone seen or heard of that show Bridalplasty? It's terrifying.

Yeah, I've never seen it but I've seen the commercials for it. What a horrible idea. That's just how I want my future husband to see me on our wedding day: looking like someone else. WTF

same. my dad has actually promised me a large sum of money if I do civil ceremony/elopement. and I'm a pretty money grubby girl.

I didn't know schools did skype interviews... how weird.

As to all this wedding talk... part of me would really love to have a big lavish affair, but on the other hand I can't really see myself putting so much time and $ into the planning. Plus I doubt I could handle all the drama. Realistically, I'm thinking we'll end up having something small and simple. (Not that I'm engaged yet or anything... but maybe soonish? :))

haha, I'm loving "I want to be where the PBR." :thumbup:

I think I committed to an ending date at work. I won't lie, that kind of felt good.

I got two snail-mail rejections today. (Both from extreme reach schools, so no worries.) But it still just makes me chuckle at some of the euphemisms they use instead of just saying "Sorry, you've been rejected."

But in good news, today is my older sister's birthday, so my parents are taking our whole family (plus boyfriends) out to a nice fancy dinner. I think tonight is gonna be full of win. :D

I got two snail-mail rejections today. (Both from extreme reach schools, so no worries.) But it still just makes me chuckle at some of the euphemisms they use instead of just saying "Sorry, you've been rejected."

But in good news, today is my older sister's birthday, so my parents are taking our whole family (plus boyfriends) out to a nice fancy dinner. I think tonight is gonna be full of win. :D
:( I got one too, from my tippy-top reach school. Can't say I wasn't expecting it though :shrug:

You should not wear pants.

:( I got one too, from my tippy-top reach school. Can't say I wasn't expecting it though :shrug:
This week I've been rejected via snail mail by three schools. I guess it is that point in the cycle.

Underwear.....on hangers?? Gilt?? huh??

Also...rejected from a school via email today.

And....so sick, even my tongue hurts.

A lot of that going around these days (or at least in my experience as well.) Glad(?) to know not alone.

This week I've been rejected via snail mail by three schools. I guess it is that point in the cycle.

The underwear I ordered from the gilt group just arrived...on hangers. lolwut

Underwear.....on hangers?? Gilt?? huh??

Also...rejected from a school via email today.

And....so sick, even my tongue hurts.

Underwaer on hangers isn't the strangest thing, at least for me..possibly because I used to work at Target...they have some articles on hangers there.

Cougs, I'm also sorry to hear you're sick! :( Feel better SOOOONN!!

Dear AMCAS,

Please stop sending me Letter Notification emails. They are pointless and freak me out a little until I realize they're pointless.

Thanks,
Cougs

Wow, cool game! PS. 232 best score so far. Also, Robot Unicorn is the penultimate online game.

Also,

This sing is lulz

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mH5epMSp4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Last edited:
heyyy this is for you ladies,
when you see ur girlfriend hitting it off with some dude, can u plz not assume hes a total jerk and be a major cock block. especially when your friend is super hot.
thanksssssssss :D

Dear California,

Just read the article on that Tiger that shot to death at the San Fran area zoo over those three complete losers back in 2007.

I cant believe the state of Cali gave that family 900K. That's what Cali is blowing their money on? Good work California. Hopefully Mexico swallows you whole and you no longer have to be a part of the US.

You suck California,

Love Wyoming.

Dear California,

Just read the article on that Tiger that shot to death at the San Fran area zoo over those three complete losers back in 2007.

I cant believe the state of Cali gave that family 900K. That's what Cali is blowing their money on? Good work California. Hopefully Mexico swallows you whole and you no longer have to be a part of the US.

You suck California,

Love Wyoming.

U mad?

U proud?

deadtiger.jpg

yep.

animals >>>>> dumb ass humans.

they gave that family 900k for that kids death when the tiger was so distressed that he left claw marks in concrete. And after the father of the dead boy admitted that the boys were drunk and antaganozing the tiger.

You's smart Cali. :thumbup:

U proud?
O_RLY__Y_SO_SRS__by_Areyu.jpg