Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UW will take the Pac-12!
one can hope ..............
Maryland takes the Big 10 :nod:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully UW. :p

:nod:

b9991379z.1_20130905121139_000_gu82bkjj.1-0.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Popping in to say hellerrrrr to all

Reactions: 2 users
How's school going for you CyberMaxx?

Hey! School is going, that's for sure. I'm coming up on my first block test (hence hanging out on SDN instead of actually doing something productive like learning embryology :p).

I know it sounds kind of stupid but I'm actually surprised by how difficult school is. I spent so much time worrying about getting in and where I was going to go I never really though about how much I was going to have to learn in a short amount of time! Right now I'm just working on finding a good way to study which lets me learn everything I need to know without wasting time. I want more free time!!! ;)

How is your experience so far? Did you end up at Vanderbilt or Cornell?

Hey! School is going, that's for sure. I'm coming up on my first block test (hence hanging out on SDN instead of actually doing something productive like learning embryology :p).

I know it sounds kind of stupid but I'm actually surprised by how difficult school is. I spent so much time worrying about getting in and where I was going to go I never really though about how much I was going to have to learn in a short amount of time! Right now I'm just working on finding a good way to study which lets me learn everything I need to know without wasting time. I want more free time!!! ;)

How is your experience so far? Did you end up at Vanderbilt or Cornell?

Lol I've been spending a little too much time on SDN too these days instead of studying (namely for anatomy). For me, all the work is somewhat overwhelming (at least it was for the first week), but it is becoming slightly (emphasis on the slightly) more manageable. I also want some more free time! Next semester should be better though since anatomy will be over, and classes will be from 8-1 again.

I'm at Cornell! I really like it here. I like everyone in our class (everyone is super nice), and it's nice to have the city right in your grasp. Anatomy is killing us, but I'm sure that's the same regardless of the school lol. We also have weekly quizzes on Mondays, which have been pretty straightfoward (at least the averages have been really high), so we mostly party on Monday nights. :p

Good luck on your first test!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a friendly reminder that Anatomy sucks, I hate it.

Just a friendly reminder that Anatomy sucks, I hate it.

Have you encountered any anatomy gunners at your program? Everyone that I've met in my class is nice and friendly... except when you throw some of them into anatomy lab, then they start throwing elbows and answering questions posed to others o_O

Have you encountered any anatomy gunners at your program? Everyone that I've met in my class is nice and friendly... except when you throw some of them into anatomy lab, then they start throwing elbows and answering questions posed to others o_O

No, my classmates are actually very collaborative and supportive. Its just that anatomy sucks and I hate it.

Anatomy lab make me miserable too plumazula! I'm already one of those walker people Mtui makes fun of. :confused:

Yeah, it smells weird and we have to learn crazy amounts of information for some super stressful exams, but our perspectives on the human body will never be the same again. And that's pretty darn cool :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, it smells weird and we have to learn crazy amounts of information for some super stressful exams, but our perspectives on the human body will never be the same again. And that's pretty darn cool :thumbup:

Dissecting the lungs was definitely so cool... My lab partners wanted to take pictures, but of course, we can't. Plus, the bone boxes smell like anatomy lab. :yuck:

Dissecting the lungs was definitely so cool... My lab partners wanted to take pictures, but of course, we can't. Plus, the bone boxes smell like anatomy lab. :yuck:
I did think dissecting the lungs and heart was cool. Then I remembered I had to know all the crappy upper limb stuff and was promptly reminded why anatomy sucks and I hate it :yuck:

My bone box is located in the back seat of my car. I had it in my room for a while, but it was kinda weird seeing as its real bones and not plastic. I probably should use it more.

How was your first exam?

It went really well actually. It was ~ 210 written questions and 30 anatomy lab practical questions. It was funny because I really thought I was just barely going to pass (if that) because it seemed like all of my friends knew so much more than me. Then about 2/3 of the way through the test I realized "I actually know all of this stuff :eek:." Guess it goes to show that you should always study with people smarter than you, keeps you on your toes! :p

I got my raw score back right away but I'm curious to see how I performed against the class average. My goal is to be in the top 25th percentile so :xf:

It went really well actually. It was ~ 210 written questions and 30 anatomy lab practical questions. It was funny because I really thought I was just barely going to pass (if that) because it seemed like all of my friends knew so much more than me. Then about 2/3 of the way through the test I realized "I actually know all of this stuff :eek:." Guess it goes to show that you should always study with people smarter than you, keeps you on your toes! :p

I got my raw score back right away but I'm curious to see how I performed against the class average. My goal is to be in the top 25th percentile so :xf:

That's soooo many questions.... And anatomy also on the same exam? I would have died lol.

Considering our class averages have been ~90 for the last three quizzes and our anatomy practical, I don't know how anyone in our class is going to be in the top quartile lol.

Checking back in after my first block of med school to find this thread looking like a ghost town:

tumbleweed.jpg

@Lawper, where are you?

Wait, you guys are already done with your first block? My school's not done til December. Those finals are gonna suck so hard

Also 2 week bump

Reactions: 1 user
That's the complete opposite of us. We wrapped up biochem block and are now on anatomy and physiology.

Interesting. Is your school organ-based?

We take physiology next semester.

That's the complete opposite of us. We wrapped up biochem block and are now on anatomy and physiology.
We're still in anatomy, and physiology, and biochem, and histo -____________________-

Me :(

But yeah, we're still in anatomy. Test in two weeks on upper limb + lower limb + pelvis/perineum.

The upper limb, AND the Pelvis? I'm pretty sure torture is illegal in America

We're still in anatomy, and physiology, and biochem, and histo -____________________-

At least you're done with the brachial plexus.

Me :(

But yeah, we're still in anatomy. Test in two weeks on upper limb + lower limb + pelvis/perineum.

How could I forget the one and only Amba?

I thought the upper and lower limbs was a fun section. The pelvis and perineum, not so much.

In college football news, I'm updating my playoff prediction. I think Florida State, Oregon, and the top 2 teams from the SEC West make it. Most likely Ole Miss and 'Bama.

Also, have any of you used Anki as your primary method to study? I've used it off and on, and it helps. It just takes a good while to make cards, and was wondering if any regular users had tips.

Also, have any of you used Anki as your primary method to study? I've used it off and on, and it helps. It just takes a good while to make cards, and was wondering if any regular users had tips.
I have anki, but it just seems like too much work to make use of it. Lots of my classmates use it though, and sometimes I just use their cards. I'm still trying to figure out a system that works best for me.

Lolol brachial plexus. I didn't realize how horrifying that was until I saw it for the 1st time a few weeks ago, and then when we were tested on it this past week. So happy to be done with it!!

My school started really early (1st week of August), so we've already finished one big class (our combo of biochem/genetics/cell bio), one little class (psych/socio), and had our first anatomy test this week (hand to shoulder + back + neck + face + skull + cranial nerves).

Gotta say, I thought our biochem tests were hard, but anatomy blew them all out of the water (esp the cranial nerves yuck). :/ Literally have not come out of a test that crushed me so hard in a really long time. Ecstatic when I managed to scrape a pass; trying to change my study habits for the next one.

damn, that's a lot of stuff to cover on one anatomy exam. We're just getting into the cranial nerves right now in our anatomy class. We've already done upper limb, back, thorax, abdomen, and pelvis/perineum. The cranial nerves do suck, and we have to know all their branches and what they innervate too (insert disgusted bun pic here)

Yup, we wrapped up anatomy and are now in biochemistry. It's different, but things are going well so far. Are you guys still in anatomy?

Calling @Oso, @terp720, @plumazul, @Ace-Co-A, @bakedbeans18, @joonage , and whoever else I forgot.
I was never in anatomy .... cause I was never in med school ........................................ :(

hahaha :p hope med school's going well for all you guys! :)

damn, that's a lot of stuff to cover on one anatomy exam. We're just getting into the cranial nerves right now in our anatomy class. We've already done upper limb, back, thorax, abdomen, and pelvis/perineum. The cranial nerves do suck, and we have to know all their branches and what they innervate too (insert disgusted bun pic here)

Yeah, I thought the cranial nerves/face was a bit overboard to add to stuff already on our exam (we had to know what they innervate/where they are in the skull/face). :/ We're now kinda going into more detail as we cover the larynx, orbit, pharynx, etc (covering all the cranial nerves as we do the nearby structures).

Have you had a test yet? That seems like a lot of material if you haven't had a test yet! We'll be on abdomen & thorax within a week, I think.

@joonage: Thanks! :) Getting through moderately okay. How are things going with you?

Yeah, I thought the cranial nerves/face was a bit overboard to add to stuff already on our exam (we had to know what they innervate/where they are in the skull/face). :/ We're now kinda going into more detail as we cover the larynx, orbit, pharynx, etc (covering all the cranial nerves as we do the nearby structures).

Have you had a test yet? That seems like a lot of material if you haven't had a test yet! We'll be on abdomen & thorax within a week, I think.

@joonage: Thanks! :) Getting through moderately okay. How are things going with you?

We have biweekly quizzes and we've had 2 lab practicals already and our 3rd is a week from Friday :dead::depressed::dead:

Yup, we wrapped up anatomy and are now in biochemistry. It's different, but things are going well so far. Are you guys still in anatomy?

Calling @Oso, @terp720, @plumazul, @Ace-Co-A, @bakedbeans18, @joonage , and whoever else I forgot.

@terp720 ...

We finished a module on biochem/cell biology and one on cancer/other random stuff. We start microbio /immun on Mon. Anatomy looms in January.

As a wise man once said, so far so pass...

I was never in anatomy .... cause I was never in med school ........................................ :(

hahaha :p hope med school's going well for all you guys! :)

I didn't mean to leave you out, joon. Are you reapplying this cycle? If so, fingers crossed for good news.:xf:

We have biweekly quizzes and we've had 2 lab practicals already and our 3rd is a week from Friday :dead::depressed::dead:

Quizzes before most lecture, and a test about every other week.

@terp720 ...

We finished a module on biochem/cell biology and one on cancer/other random stuff. We start microbio /immun on Mon. Anatomy looms in January.

As a wise man once said, so far so pass...

So far so pass, here too. I'm just surviving and advancing, but I am starting to feel some burn-out. Only a few more weeks left until Thanksgiving, though.

Big college football game this weekend between Miss. St. and 'Bama. Any predictions?

We have weekly quizzes, and most of them are straightforward, but some of them have been hard. @plumazul can confirm how bad our biochem one was. :p

I didn't mean to leave you out, joon. Are you reapplying this cycle? If so, fingers crossed for good news.:xf:

Quizzes before most lecture, and a test about every other week.

So far so pass, here too. I'm just surviving and advancing, but I am starting to feel some burn-out. Only a few more weeks left until Thanksgiving, though.

Big college football game this weekend between Miss. St. and 'Bama. Any predictions?

I can't wait until Thanksgiving as well. But... I'll have to study anatomy then. :(

I can't wait until Thanksgiving as well. But... I'll have to study anatomy then. :(

Nemo returns! Now, if we could only find @Lawper.

Nemo, do you have an exam right after Thanksgiving, or are you saying that you guys start anatomy after Turkey Day?

Nemo returns! Now, if we could only find @Lawper.

Nemo, do you have an exam right after Thanksgiving, or are you saying that you guys start anatomy after Turkey Day?

We have our anatomy exam about 2 weeks after... We started anatomy at the beginning of the semester, and we'll be done by mid-December. But I don't want to start cramming for it the week before. We dissected the neck yesterday, and it was :eek: and:dead: at the same time.