Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Belated congrats on Vandy! Hope I can bump into any one of the whole slew of people here that will be interviewing there (I think we have turayza, person, penguin, and... my mind is blanking on me, but I know we have more). You should sign up for October 3rd, coughcough.

I am signed up for the third!! Does that mean I get to meet the legendary nutella?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
That drawing is still epic. And I really wish I could meet y'all I'm real life. My next interview isn't until that dreaded 10/15 at Mizzou...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WOT. :eek: YES! We have nutella in our avatars, so I'm expecting we'll be instant bosom buddies.

Perfect! You'll easily recognize me, I'll be the one with yellowish skin and one eye. Also might have a nutella/cracker snack thing in my toolbelt.

Reposting this for awesomeness! Drawn by Hella Amazing;)

Challenging @hellanutella & @sunflower18 to draw another one, this time with all of our new members (and @moop @Cyberdyne 101 too)!

5Lhu1LL.jpg
YAYYYYYYY I GET TO BE INCLUDED :3

Oh gosh. I have no idea how to draw most peoples avatars.... Nor do I have a full list of our regulars! Ahh! There are so many of us!

Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 185458
Woof. This is what $1800 worth of flights looks like... well, $750 when free miles are factored in. Funny enough, all my flights came pretty cheap except for that blasted DC to CHO one... the shortest flight, but it was $400 on its own :lame:

My heart goes out to all those knee-deep in credit card statements and loans. This is an extremely unfair process for the financially disadvantaged. :( The only reason I can do this is thanks to parents willing to let me live rent-free in their home, an accommodating/well-paying job, and no undergrad debt. I can't believe I got off so lucky.

On that sobering note, sending lots of positive thoughts out to you guys. Y'all are II machines! Hope more IIs makes their way to those who are currently empty-handed and I hope interviews have been going swimmingly for all those on the trail! :luck:

@sunflower18 I love your optimism and positivity! Never change!

@BengaliBrat calls those planes puddlejumpers. I loved that phrase.

And "Pittsburgh had better crepes"... I died when I read that confession!!! UVA and Charlottesville sound really charming! I regret not applying there now because I am such a sucker for small town country (considering I sorta kinda live in an area like that and certainly grew up in small town rural country)... but your comment on cost of UVA OOS has helped quell my regrets. Got to be financially conscious yup yup

And I completely second your comments on how unfair the cost is to those who are already in poor financial shape! What a sure way to turn away bright, dedicated and passionate people who aren't able to cop up the funds to simply apply to medical school... much less study at one! Sadly this divide is generally being cemented across generations and the ultimate result is less mobility across the ladder. Not to get political, but IMO this is such a slap to the American dream... where hard work and opportunity always went hand in hand, and now less so...

Perfect! You'll easily recognize me, I'll be the one with yellowish skin and one eye. Also might have a nutella/cracker snack thing in my toolbelt.

Man you guys are hilarious!!! And the drawing is super cool :)

Ouch! You must be unfazed by those small propellor planes, though. ;) By the time my return flight came along, I actually started to enjoy the turbulence. I don't think the prices are usually that high (correct?), but because I had to come in on a specific day/time the ticket wasn't so pretty.

Are you coming back to Hooville, or hitting up more interviews? Glad you enjoyed CO! I had to google that children's hospital – the pictures look amazing.
You guys are having so much fun. I love it! And most of my flights are around $400 round trip. Not great but not awful either. And no I'm actually currently in New Orleans now prepping to view Tulane! I'm bummed I probably won't get to meet a lot of you (Except for @sunflower18 Albany woot!). You all make me so excited to be part of this class. :) It's nice that we share a sense of humor.

So I'm assuming your avatar was the photo you sent out on secondaries?

@BengaliBrat calls those planes puddlejumpers. I loved that phrase.

And "Pittsburgh had better crepes"... I died when I read that confession!!! UVA and Charlottesville sound really charming! I regret not applying there now because I am such a sucker for small town country (considering I sorta kinda live in an area like that and certainly grew up in small town rural country)... but your comment on cost of UVA OOS has helped quell my regrets. Got to be financially conscious yup yup

And I completely second your comments on how unfair the cost is to those who are already in poor financial shape! What a sure way to turn away bright, dedicated and passionate people who aren't able to cop up the funds to simply apply to medical school... much less study at one! Sadly this divide is generally being cemented across generations and the ultimate result is less mobility across the ladder. Not to get political, but IMO this is such a slap to the American dream... where hard work and opportunity always went hand in hand, and now less so...

Man you guys are hilarious!!! And the drawing is super cool :)

Puddlejumpers? You can bet I'm stealing that name. UVA was an awesome school and Charlottesville was so lush and green! Definitely glad I decided to apply, though I don't think they'll like me back. :( My interviews there were definitely lacking. If I get accepted to med school, I expect whatever institution I attend will have beastly tuition. It's just the nature of the game.

+1 concur on your statement. The medical school app process is a huge financial hurdle, which I expect significantly reduces the number of students from less affluent backgrounds applying (even with financial assistance programs). It's a real shame, since I believe socioeconomic diversity can be a great way of enriching the future body of American physicians.

The Pittsburgh crepes were incredible. In the unlikely event I get an acceptance there, you can bet I'm going back to that place. And if you find yourself in the Burgh again (hmmm... like second look? ;)) be sure to check it out.

You guys are having so much fun. I love it! And most of my flights are around $400 round trip. Not great but not awful either. And no I'm actually currently in New Orleans now prepping to view Tulane! I'm bummed I probably won't get to meet a lot of you (Except for @sunflower18 Albany woot!). You all make me so excited to be part of this class. :) It's nice that we share a sense of humor.

Oh my god, that is awesome! Hope you get some time to live it up in NOLA! Let us all know how you like Tulane. :D

And I think we can all agree that this thread is the crown jewel of sdn. As someone without any friends in the app process, it's great to have other people to relate/vent/celebrate with. Love all the support here!

Reactions: 7 users
How do you not have any friends in real life who are also going thru this process? I have a lot of premed friends who I can talk to. Maybe that's just the nature of my undergrad, where you typically have a lot of premed and nonpremed friends.

Reactions: 1 user
How do you not have any friends in real life who are also going thru this process? I have a lot of premed friends who I can talk to. Maybe that's just the nature of my undergrad, where you typically have a lot of premed and nonpremed friends.

I have friends who are also going through this process, but they are applying "late" with low-30s MCAT scores and so I can't brag to them about my IIs.

I know exactly one person currently applying. We are the only students from my undergrad applying. I don't go to a top tier school that churns out quality med school applicants :/ so you guys are my only support system.

I have friends who are also going through this process, but they are applying "late" with low-30s MCAT scores and so I can't brag to them about my IIs.

Whoa. Us low 30s scorers ain't so bad! :p when we apply early, anyway.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most other applicants that I know are only applying to our state schools or regionally, and my closest friends are on different career paths. Still, my classes this year are full of application nerves and chatter, so there's definitely many applying around me!

I know exactly one person currently applying. We are the only students from my undergrad applying. I don't go to a top tier school that churns out quality med school applicants :/ so you guys are my only support system.
Kinda the same. My undergrad churns out a lot of premeds.. but being a non science major I feel really out of the loop with people applying this cycle. Everyone on SDN and this little virtual support system it offers is so, so incredible to me.

Reactions: 5 users
:highfive:
So I'm assuming your avatar was the photo you sent out on secondaries?

Puddlejumpers? You can bet I'm stealing that name. UVA was an awesome school and Charlottesville was so lush and green! Definitely glad I decided to apply, though I don't think they'll like me back. :( My interviews there were definitely lacking. If I get accepted to med school, I expect whatever institution I attend will have beastly tuition. It's just the nature of the game.

+1 concur on your statement. The medical school app process is a huge financial hurdle, which I expect significantly reduces the number of students from less affluent backgrounds applying (even with financial assistance programs). It's a real shame, since I believe socioeconomic diversity can be a great way of enriching the future body of American physicians.

The Pittsburgh crepes were incredible. In the unlikely event I get an acceptance there, you can bet I'm going back to that place. And if you find yourself in the Burgh again (hmmm... like second look? ;)) be sure to check it out.

Oh my god, that is awesome! Hope you get some time to live it up in NOLA! Let us all know how you like Tulane. :D

And I think we can all agree that this thread is the crown jewel of sdn. As someone without any friends in the app process, it's great to have other people to relate/vent/celebrate with. Love all the support here!

Goodness @hellanutella, you are so humble! And funny. And talented. And awesome. And rocking this app cycle! I'm so confident you will be choosing between many schools come next year March!!! And with scholarships ;) Don't be so discouraged by your rough UVA interviews, I think if you read nemo123's MDApps page you will not only get a laugh but some inspiration. I LOL'd but could totally relate with her blurb about her Cornell interview... it reminded me of a fantastic NPR segment on people's favorite superpowers and the personalities associated with choosing flying vs being invisible as the desired superpower. (Note: to choose flying = noble, whereas choosing to be invisible = not so much)...

And I will be checking out that crepe place for sure IF I ever get to go to Pitt again. I heard about Pamela's and I went to these two Mediterranean places and they were both awesome, but that crepe sounds really *divine*. Maybe I will see you at second look, who knows! :highfive:

I forget what it's like to be in undergrad now since I'm kind of removed from that experience ;) So yea, like for many of you guys, you all are my only source of support, guidance and news throughout this process. And I'm so happy to have found such a golden, mature and warm set of folks to rely on here!:love:

I sympathize with you @sunflower18! I am so happy to have you here. Oh, and you must be a shining star at your UG doing so well so far with your applications!!! :clap:

Last edited:
I'm starting to come around to liking this thread. Have a feeling I'll hang out on this thread and on the non trad forum.

The rest of this place drives me up a wall sometimes and I have too much damn work to do for that.

Reactions: 8 users
I worked full-time while in undergrad, so I didn't get to meet lots of people outside of the workplace. :( All my long-time friends are either in business, film, art, or viticulture... so they're decidedly non-medical. My UG ain't known for its premeds, either.
:highfive:

Goodness @hellanutella, you are so humble! And funny. And talented. And awesome. And rocking this app cycle! I'm so confident you will be choosing between many schools come next year March!!! And with scholarships ;) Don't be so discouraged by your rough UVA interviews, I think if you read nemo123's MDApps page you will not only get a laugh but some inspiration. I LOL'd but could totally relate with her blurb about her Cornell interview... it reminded me of a fantastic NPR segment on people's favorite superpowers and the personalities associated with choosing flying vs being invisible as the desired superpower. (Note: to choose flying = noble, whereas choosing to be invisible = not so much)...

And I will be checking out that crepe place for sure IF I ever get to go to Pitt again. I heard about Pamela's and I went to these two Mediterranean places and they were both awesome, but that crepe sounds really *divine*. Maybe I will see you at second look, who knows! :highfive:

I forget what it's like to be in undergrad now since I'm kind of removed from that experience ;) So yea, like for many of you guys, you all are my only source of support, guidance and news throughout this process. And I'm so happy to have found such a golden, mature and warm set of folks to rely on here!:love:

I sympathize with you @sunflower18! I am so happy to have you here. Oh, and you must be a shining star at your UG doing so well so far with your applications!!! :clap:

You are so sweet! I'm sure you're going to be a top pick for many of your schools... and I'd love to meet up with you for crepes. If only, if only. Pamela's was closed the evening I had free (I think they're breakfast/brunch), so I never got to sample any of their hotcakes!
I loved nemo's recaps as well. A bit let down I never got the superpower question, though. Definitely would spring for teleportation (for both noble and selfish reasons ;)).

Whoooo love our mini support group. :love: This just fills me with all sorts of warm fuzzies and makes me excited to meet potential classmates.

I'm starting to come around to liking this thread. Have a feeling I'll hang out on this thread and on the non trad forum.

The rest of this place drives me up a wall sometimes and I have too much damn work to do for that.

You can split your time between both! :) The nontrad and URM forums seem super supportive as well! It's just the rampant insensitivity/bigotry/misogyny/unchecked neuroticism on the pre-allo general threads that give this site a bad rap. :( I try and stay well away from those. It's like reading the public comments section at the end of a news article... :yuck:

Reactions: 6 users
My two weeks of travel begins now!!! :) except it's not one trip, it's three... hahaha yay!! But I'm really excited despite the inevitable exhaustion. Plus, once my whirlwind fortnight is over, it'll be October with only two weeks until D-Day :O :O this cycle feels like it's flying by, oh my goodness.

I attend a pretty massive university (check my username), and I will say that talking about anything pre-med related with pre-med friends is pretty taboo here. Since we churn out so darn many pre-med kids, the atmosphere (at least in my classes) gets pretty intense and competitive. Therefore, discussing gpa, mcat, target schools, specialties, shadowing, even EC's is kinda a no-no. So even though I know a lot of people applying this cycle, nobody talks to each other about these things.

My two weeks of travel begins now!!! :) except it's not one trip, it's three... hahaha yay!! But I'm really excited despite the inevitable exhaustion. Plus, once my whirlwind fortnight is over, it'll be October with only two weeks until D-Day :O :O this cycle feels like it's flying by, oh my goodness.
Ahhh so exciting! You'll rock it!

New orleans!? wow you must have had one of the coveted early interview spots... I waited a day to register my interview and the earliest spot left was december!

Unfortunately I do not have many premed friends who I can talk to about the process, mostly because they are, similar to @onceawolverine and @Bovary's friends, either applying late with low scores, or super stressed about the process and I don't want to stress them out more.

New orleans!? wow you must have had one of the coveted early interview spots... I waited a day to register my interview and the earliest spot left was december!

Unfortunately I do not have many premed friends who I can talk to about the process, mostly because they are, similar to @onceawolverine and @Bovary's friends, either applying late with low scores, or super stressed about the process and I don't want to stress them out more.
Yup I'm in the same boat. Those who I know are stressed so I don't bring it up. But yeah I think this is the first day of interviews here. I guess I got lucky! And it may be early, but I love the city. I had beignets for breakfast and have a 3 course meal for lunch! Plus the weather is gorgeous!

We're going to need a Mayo recap stat once you hit up MN. Good luck and enjoy your trip! You're going to be fantastic.
Sadly, you come back once I embark on my 2-week extravaganza. :( Wish we had some interview overlap!

Yup I'm in the same boat. Those who I know are stressed so I don't bring it up. But yeah I think this is the first day of interviews here. I guess I got lucky! And it may be early, but I love the city. I had beignets for breakfast and have a 3 course meal for lunch! Plus the weather is gorgeous!

Oh oh oh oh oh... you're making me regret not applying to Tulane. Beignets? Three course meals? Sign me up.
Hope you have a brilliant time!

This thread is so refreshing after reading some of the drivel on SDN :) This is like concentrated hope and happiness to combat the ever-prevalent negativity and nastiness (Illegal Immigrants taking American Medical School Spots...an interesting read if one is bored!).

HUGE amount of premed chatter at school right now (12-15% of each class applies to med school) and between reading about all the successes on this page and hearing about people missing MAJOR AMOUNTS OF CLASS (omg I can't imagine senior year like that running around like a mad man o__o) makes oh so anxious to want to jump on the bandwagon and start applying already...but then I remember how great it is to not have that anxiety over me and I'm like

Woohoo.gif

This thread is so refreshing after reading some of the drivel on SDN :) This is like concentrated hope and happiness to combat the ever-prevalent negativity and nastiness (Illegal Immigrants taking American Medical School Spots...an interesting read if one is bored!).
I'm in that category. And I've been in the US longer than many ppl on this forum have been alive. It sucks, because ppl treat you like a plague... It's like having a horrible pre-existing condition.

At the very least, someone like me (who's been stuck in pre-med purgatory for ages) can find positivity and inspiration in this thread.

I'm a few years removed from undergrad, so I similarly don't have anyone going through this process with me (except all of the amazing class of 2019 folks here! :)) All of my pre-med friends from undergrad fall into one of three categories:

1) already in med school (at least I get that perspective)
2) applied, didn't get in and switched career goals
3) decided not to apply at all

it's great talking to friends who are currently M1s and M2s, but it's not the same as talking with folks who are actually in the thick of it with you. I'm so thankful for all of you guys here! :)

Oh god, you actually read thru that entire thread? I regret having ever commented in there...

I'm in that category. And I've been in the US longer than many ppl on this forum have been alive. It sucks, because ppl treat you like a plague... It's like having a horrible pre-existing condition.

At the very least, someone like me (who's been stuck in pre-med purgatory for ages) can find positivity and inspiration in this thread.

I am so sorry! I just noticed your activity on that thread...it seems like the OP is somewhat "hurt" over his application cycle, but your responses are appropriate and probably much more informed than his.

Oh god, you actually read thru that entire thread? I regret having ever commented in there...

I stopped after I realized that the OP was bordering on crazed pre-med/butthurt status. His "Disadvantaged white people we get no love!" thread is equally cringe-worthy.

I stopped after I realized that the OP was bordering on crazed pre-med/butthurt status. His "Disadvantaged white people we get no love!" thread is equally cringe-worthy.
Good job for stopping early. At least you didn't have to be insulted by condescending people.

That thread made me :bang: It was like repeatedly poking yourself in the eye just to see if it would still hurt.

I found it surprising that most people were staunchly against undocumented immigrant admission. :( As a "legal" immigrant who came to the US as a child, I often wonder what it would be like if I came via illegal means. Some of the DREAM-ers I met at my undergrad were a helluva lot more American than I am... even though I have naturalisation papers to "prove" it. There will be people who will scream and scream for deportation, but plenty of the DREAM students did not speak their native country's language, had ever visited their native country, and/or didn't even know about their undocumented status until they went to apply for college. It's horrible to think that they're relegated to some sort of limbo because of a decision they did not make. IMHO, this country needs a better legal avenue for such individuals.

As is, the current legal immigration process is horrendous... and I'm speaking from experience. I can't imagine what a fiasco it must be for undocumented individuals. :cryi: Hats off to those daring enough to press for change.

Just my $0.02.

That thread made me :bang: It was like repeatedly poking yourself in the eye just to see if it would still hurt.

I found it surprising that most people were staunchly against undocumented immigrant admission. :( As a "legal" immigrant who came to the US as a child, I often wonder what it would be like if I came via illegal means. Some of the DREAM-ers I met at my undergrad were a helluva lot more American than I am... even though I have naturalisation papers to "prove" it. There will be people who will scream and scream for deportation, but plenty of the DREAM students did not speak their native country's language, had ever visited their native country, and/or didn't even know about their undocumented status until they went to apply for college. It's horrible to think that they're relegated to some sort of limbo because of a decision they did not make. IMHO, this country needs a better legal avenue for such individuals.

As is, the current legal immigration process is horrendous... and I'm speaking from experience. I can't imagine what a fiasco it must be for undocumented individuals. :cryi: Hats off to those daring enough to press for change.

Just my $0.02.
Knowing that you, @Ace Khalifa, @sunflower18, and others here, will soon be doctors, makes me feel better about this world.

Reactions: 4 users

Omg beignets!!!! Did you go to Cafe du Monde? There's more powdered sugar than dough :laugh: and yummy daquiris everywhere hehe

I attend a pretty massive university (check my username), and I will say that talking about anything pre-med related with pre-med friends is pretty taboo here. Since we churn out so darn many pre-med kids, the atmosphere (at least in my classes) gets pretty intense and competitive. Therefore, discussing gpa, mcat, target schools, specialties, shadowing, even EC's is kinda a no-no. So even though I know a lot of people applying this cycle, nobody talks to each other about these things.

It's the same at my ugrad.. lots of pressure/comparing even if you try to avoid it, so the best way is to keep quiet about the whole thing and pretend you just went on a crazy vacation spree :rolleyes:

So since I'm going to be posting on here more I figured I'd introduce myself.

Graduates in 2010 from a LAC. Worked in a hospital doing education and research since then minus a year gap in my resume due to injuries.

I applied to 45 schools and was offered 42 secondaries. Complete in mid August when my panel letter came out. LizzyM is right around 69.

Wishing everyone the best of luck for this cycle. It'll be cool to keep in the loop. I don't want to get into it with people I know because they're stressed and still doing secondaries and I'm done trying to convince them to hurry up. Hahaha.

Just my $0.02.

I can see both sides of it, in that some states shoulder most of the illegal immigrants, but I think illinois and Loyola have the right idea. Especially if people care about decreasing costs in system.

I'm also a legal immigrant, but the process was insanely long, complicated, and expensive.

Graduates in 2010 from a LAC. Worked in a hospital doing education and research since then minus a year gap in my resume due to injuries.

I applied to 45 schools and was offered 42 secondaries. Complete in mid August when my panel letter came out. LizzyM is right around 69.

Wishing everyone the best of luck for this cycle. It'll be cool to keep in the loop. I don't want to get into it with people I know because they're stressed and still doing secondaries and I'm done trying to convince them to hurry up. Hahaha.

I just want to say--wow. Kudos. 42 secondaries :eek:
Welcome to our home haha. And good luck to you too!

I can see both sides of it, in that some states shoulder most of the illegal immigrants, but I think illinois and Loyola have the right idea. Especially if people care about decreasing costs in system.

I'm also a legal immigrant, but the process was insanely long, complicated, and expensive.
I believe there are about 40 million immigrants living in the US. About 11 million are undocumented. The ones that fall in the category of childhood arrivals, especially those that have been educated at the college level and fully assimilated into American life/culture, are even fewer in number. I understand that immigration is a complex and multi-faceted issue. Although, according to conservative estimates, passing the Dream Act lowers the deficit because it moves capable ppl into higher income/tax brackets. Essentially, someone like me (who arrived as a toddler) can either make less than 25k a year (and have a minimal economic impact) or can make more than 150k a year and actually contribute a lot more. Also, I am definitely willing to work with immigrants and underserved populations as a physician.

Well, I'm glad I can share this here!
And I'm still jealous that you get to work with those rock star ortho surgeons!

Last edited:
Oh oh oh oh oh... you're making me regret not applying to Tulane. Beignets? Three course meals? Sign me up.
Hope you have a brilliant time!
I'll be sure to bring you some! I'm sure they go great with Nutella ;) And the food really is divine
Omg beignets!!!! Did you go to Cafe du Monde? There's more powdered sugar than dough :laugh: and yummy daquiris everywhere hehe
That is exactly where I went! Such lines. Very delicious. Much New Orleans. Wow. But totally worth it for all that powdered sugar ;)

Last edited:
I just want to say--wow. Kudos. 42 secondaries :eek:
Welcome to our home haha. And good luck to you too!

Haha, it wasn't bad. I'm on fap, so it didn't cost much but I used up a week of vacation and was miserable while doing it. Glad it's over and I can concentrate on getting more research done.

I believe there are about 40 million immigrants living in the US. About 11 million are undocumented. The ones that fall in the category of childhood arrivals, especially those that have been educated at the college level and fully assimilated into American life/culture, number are even fewer in number. I understand that immigration is a complex and multi-faceted issue. Although, according to conservative estimates, passing the Dream Act lowers the deficit because it moves capable ppl into higher income/tax brackets. Essentially, someone like me (who arrived as a toddler) can either make less than 25k a year (and have a minimal economic impact) or can make more than 150k a year and actually contribute a lot more. Also, I am definitely willing to work with immigrants and underserved populations as a physician.

Well, I'm glad I can share this here!
And I'm still jealous that you get to work with those rock star ortho surgeons!

I'm with you. I think it's especially helpful if you make loans tied to working for the underserved available.

The surgeons are great, but they're wondering why my research has slowed down. I've helped prepare 4 manuscripts so far and hoping to have 4-6 more done before I leave. I'll be happy if even half get accepted somewhere.

I'll be sure to bring you some! I'm sure they go great with Nutella ;) And the food really is divine

That is exactly where I went! Such lines. But totally worth it for all that powdered sugar ;)

I R disappoint that you didn't go full out doge there.

On a side note: has anyone here ever done boxing or something along those lines?

A gym here has a groupon and I think it'd be a cool way to do cardio over the winter. I've been trying to gain some weight and it might help there as well.

Haha, it wasn't bad. I'm on fap, so it didn't cost much but I used up a week of vacation and was miserable while doing it. Glad it's over and I can concentrate on getting more research done.

I'm with you. I think it's especially helpful if you make loans tied to working for the underserved available.

The surgeons are great, but they're wondering why my research has slowed down. I've helped prepare 4 manuscripts so far and hoping to have 4-6 more done before I leave. I'll be happy if even half get accepted somewhere.

I R disappoint that you didn't go full out doge there.

I surely hope those surgeons appreciate what you've done there and I have no doubt that you'll be accepted somewhere soon!

On a side note: has anyone here ever done boxing or something along those lines?

A gym here has a groupon and I think it'd be a cool way to do cardio over the winter. I've been trying to gain some weight and it might help there as well.

Like...hitting each other boxing? Or kickboxing? If the latter, it's a great workout and quite fun. If the first, I hope you come out with all parts of your face intact. :confused:

Yassssss!

I surely hope those surgeons appreciate what you've done there and I have no doubt that you'll be accepted somewhere soon!

They're really great! One then actually operated on me haha. One of the first things I did at work was take myself out of a study.

Like...hitting each other boxing? Or kickboxing? If the latter, it's a great workout and quite fun. If the first, I hope you come out with all parts of your face intact. :confused:

Haha there'd be some sparring, but it's a lot of awesome conditioning stuff as well. My face has already been broken once so I wouldn't be new to the experience!

I'm also bringing my bike up home from my parents place right now, so that'll be fun too.

I stopped in New York and ate from a halal cart. Still awesome!

Yassssss!

They're really great! One then actually operated on me haha. One of the first things I did at work was take myself out of a study.

Haha there'd be some sparring, but it's a lot of awesome conditioning stuff as well. My face has already been broken once so I wouldn't be new to the experience!

I'm also bringing my bike up home from my parents place right now, so that'll be fun too.

You can spar with this guy!
image.jpg

(He's guarding the men's bathroom at Bloomingdales). I really don't shop here, but it's great to know which places have the cleanest bathrooms in Manhattan :laugh:

I've been thinking about joining a boxing gym too.. let me know how you like it if you end up joining? I'm currently torn between that or trying out powerlifting again. I feel like I need some relatively tame badass-ness in my life. :rolleyes:

ugh, halal carts. can't wait to finally be in NY just for that experience. (err.. and of course my interview :p)

ugh, halal carts. can't wait to finally be in NY just for that experience. (err.. and of course my interview :p)

I have seen a lot about NY here and places to eat, Halal is good but it is very heavy and if you have a sensitive stomach you will pay for it later. The place in NYC I will say you must go to, it is my first stop every time I am in the city is Golden Steamer. It is in Chinatown, and it may not look like much but go in and get a few pumpkin buns and your life will be changed. I crave these everyday and have even had my friend who lives in NYC send me some.
Also one of the best things I have experienced in NYC is Village Vanguard on a Monday night for their Big Band. If you have the chance to be in the city on a monday night, buy the ticket online, its only $25 (which is dirt cheap compared to most jazz clubs) this will also ensure you have a seat, and enjoy one of the most memorable experiences in NYC. Even if you are not a huge jazz fan it is amazing to experience the live music by so many talented musicians in such an intimate setting.