Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Totally agree with @Cyberdyne 101 and @sunflower18 here. Do NOT bring up any perceived weaknesses unless your interviewer specifically asks about them. Just be confident (but not arrogant) and show them you're a kind human being. I'm looking forward to both of my interviews tomorrow at UNC. My goal is not just to get through the interviews but to also try having a wonderful conversation or discussion with my interviewers. I wish everyone the best of luck this week!

Yes, good luck there! I have family in Raleigh and anxiously still await a secondary at UNC (assuming it's because I am OOS). Love their school, the tuition can't go wrong and have you heard of the UNC Advocates for MD-PhD Women in Science??? I just love their school!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, good luck there! I have family in Raleigh and anxiously still await a secondary at UNC (assuming it's because I am OOS). Love their school, the tuition can't go wrong and have you heard of the UNC Advocates for MD-PhD Women in Science??? I just love their school!

I was about to ask, "oh are you applying md phd???" And then I realized that was a dumb question because you are very unlikely to want to be Research IsMyMiddleName, MD, PhD, PhD. Heh :)

Reactions: 1 user
@hellanutella how was Pitt???

Sorry I'm posting like crazy... Hahaha I'm on a layover and super bored, so I'm just refreshing SDN. So lame, I know.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry I'm posting like crazy... Hahaha I'm on a layover and super bored, so I'm just refreshing SDN. So lame, I know.

Not lame. Supportive! :) We all appreciate your kind words and genuine interest in our outcomes!

Ahhhh trying to catch up with messages! I really liked it! Pleasantly surprised by the Burgh. Will put my ramble-babble summary up in the next 5 mins.

Are you heading home now or doing more interviews? I'm going home on Friday and it's crazy to think that I spent two weeks interviewing 0___o and then I get to do this all over again the first week of October...

Reactions: 1 users
Not lame. Supportive! :) We all appreciate your kind words and genuine interest in our outcomes!

Oh good :) I really am invested in all y'all and love to hear about your cycles!!!

Ahhhh trying to catch up with messages! I really liked it! Pleasantly surprised by the Burgh. Will put my ramble-babble summary up in the next 5 mins.

Are you heading home now or doing more interviews? I'm going home on Friday and it's crazy to think that I spent two weeks interviewing 0___o and then I get to do this all over again the first week of October...

Oh good!! I can't wait to read it!!

Going home now. Two interviews next week, two the week after that, then a week long break, then two the following week. And then some more trickled from mid oct to mid nov. It's gonna be a busy time in sunflower land heh. But exciting!!

Are you glad to have your first spurt almost done? Do you have any others this trip?

Oh good!! I can't wait to read it!!

Going home now. Two interviews next week, two the week after that, then a week long break, then two the following week. And then some more trickled from mid oct to mid nov. It's gonna be a busy time in sunflower land heh. But exciting!!

Are you glad to have your first spurt almost done? Do you have any others this trip?

Oh my goodness! All the power to you! Be sure to enroll in a frequent flyer program. What month are you going to Mayo?

I just have UVA, and then I'm back home for USC (finally a school where I don't have to get a hotel/flight for). Funny enough, but my boss was on international business for the past two weeks and totally forgot I was gone until I emailed him some NYC photos...

Pitt is up! I'm going to lay in bed eating delivery Cville cookies and reading your NYU summary because I am just exhausted. Why do I always try to be cheap and buy red eye flights? :hungover:

Reactions: 2 users
Oh my goodness! All the power to you! Be sure to enroll in a frequent flyer program. What month are you going to Mayo?

I just have UVA, and then I'm back home for USC (finally a school where I don't have to get a hotel/flight for). Funny enough, but my boss was on international business for the past two weeks and totally forgot I was gone until I emailed him some NYC photos...

Pitt is up! I'm going to lay in bed eating delivery Cville cookies and reading your NYU summary because I am just exhausted. Why do I always try to be cheap and buy red eye flights? :hungover:

Yes no kidding! I have an account and am racking up miles. Unfortunately, I'm not taking the same airline everywhere :( oh well. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Mayo is in less than two weeks! BEYOND STOKED oh man. Enjoy UVA and USC!!! Both are great schools!!! Nice that you can drive to USC. Funny about your boss!! Oops!

I read Pitt!! Very good assessment!! I love your descriptions. Warning, my NYU summary is like 5x too long hahaha but I was far too lazy to cut it back much. Sorry!!

Oh no :( I'm sorry you're so tired!! My first red eye is next month, ahh. The nice thing about flying from east to west coast though is that you gain extra time. I use it for homework, wooo!

Question for you about your crazy travel schedule. How are you dry cleaning your suit and shells and such? Just local places? Or are you not dry cleaning at all?

Aaaaaalso I want to congratulate @No Limits on continued domination of this cycle! UCSF and University of Florida this week -- and it's only Tuesday! I want to be like No Limits when I grow up ;) So proud :)
smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif
Haha, you're something else. The support you guys give... i'm just so grateful. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)

You have UVA this week when I'm not there???? :eek:
I feel ya though. I'm in my 4 interviews in 8 days segment. I'm already exhausted and I'm only heading to number two now!

I seriously love you guys. I don't know any of you but your kind words mean a lot more than you think right now. I've honestly been re-amped up for this (I get in these down ion the dumps moments and within that same day soar up to a new high. I've been told I have nerves of steel) and about to show them who I actually am. It's funny because before even applying, after I got my score, all I wanted is for schools to give me a chance at an interview to show them that they're getting WAY more than that MCAT score when they see me (I swear I'm not arrogant, just controllably confident when times call for it). I really appreciate the support y'all and your successes really further motivate me as well as have me genuinely happy and proud of everyone!!! :)

Reactions: 7 users

Wait.... you have Keck coming up........?????

Just landed in NYC.... so excited :X3:

We're all going to do great! Let's gooo :D

Reactions: 6 users
I've been gone for so long I feel like I've missed out on so much! :) But alas, I am back! (the stress of moving has finally settled down a bit)

I just spent some time stalking y'all on MDapps. Holy moly I am so, so, so impressed and happy for everyone thus far. Good luck to everyone on the interview trail this week!

I'm gonna be totally lame here and ask that you post a pic of Keck (even if it's the freaking parking lot) when you have your interview. Just please include at least 1 palm tree :laugh: (if possible).

Congrats on your amazing cycle! You're definitely inspiring quite a few of us!!

Wait.... you have Keck coming up........?????
Yessir... early next week. Will you be there? :eek:

I'm gonna be totally lame here and ask that you post a pic of Keck (even if it's the freaking parking lot) when you have your interview. Just please include at least 1 palm tree :laugh: (if possible).

Congrats on your amazing cycle! You're definitely inspiring quite a few of us!!

Haha not many palm trees and LA glamour in the Keck region, but you should see the awesome little hipster towns most of the Keck students live in. I'll definitely report back with photos. ;)

You have UVA this week when I'm not there???? :eek:
I feel ya though. I'm in my 4 interviews in 8 days segment. I'm already exhausted and I'm only heading to number two now!

You're going to do brilliantly! Be sure to take lots of down time to avoid burnout. It's tempting to explore the heck out of each city, but some nights you really need to stay in and get some r&r. (I learned that the hard way with NYC).

But I toured Cville and UVA yesterday. Oh my god, the Lawn rooms are incredible... everyone gets their own fireplace and rocking chair to sit outside and lounge about in. As a northerner, this just struck me as so stereotypically Southern. I love it.

Just landed in NYC.... so excited :X3:

We're all going to do great! Let's gooo :D

You are going to fall in love with Sinai! And it was such a low-stress interview... just relax and soak in the sights. Also check out the sushi bar in the hospital cafeteria. ;)

Aww thanks guyyysss!! :D

Ace, you got this! You'll make your home state proud!

omg noooo. I interview there later this week :(

Boooo. :( I couldn't do this week due to my OOS interviews.

Have a brilliant time! Enjoy the LA sunshine while you're out there. Are you staying the weekend to poke around the city?

I've been gone for so long I feel like I've missed out on so much! :) But alas, I am back! (the stress of moving has finally settled down a bit)

I just spent some time stalking y'all on MDapps. Holy moly I am so, so, so impressed and happy for everyone thus far. Good luck to everyone on the interview trail this week!
:hello:Welcome back!! May I interest you in a bag of haribo's sugar free gummy bears?
mr-burns-evil-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif

upload_2014-9-10_8-36-53.jpeg

For those who don't know: http://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelrusch/haribo-gummy-bear-reviews-on-amazon-are-the-most-insane-thin

Attachments

• IMG_5122 copy.jpg
    IMG_5122 copy.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 36
Boooo. :( I couldn't do this week due to my OOS interviews.

Have a brilliant time! Enjoy the LA sunshine while you're out there. Are you staying the weekend to poke around the city?
I created a nightmare for myself. I have an OOS Interview tomorrow on the east coast, then I'm flying to Cali (taking advantage of the three hour time zone differential/gain) that night to interview at USC the next day. I'll have the afternoon and evening to visit the city, but then I come back home early over the weekend. If I'm still alive next Monday, then my mission will have been accomplished.

Just went to Indiana! They were nice but they were no Einstein ;) Also @hellanutella I'm so excited for you! I also have a fireplace in my room but no rocking chair (alas). I hope you have an amazing time!

Just went to Indiana! They were nice but they were no Einstein ;) Also @hellanutella I'm so excited for you! I also have a fireplace in my room but no rocking chair (alas). I hope you have an amazing time!

@claduva94, when did your interview day at Einstein end? My first interview is coming up in a couple of days! So nervous, but excited.

@claduva94, when did your interview day at Einstein end? My first interview is coming up in a couple of days! So nervous, but excited.
I had a morning interview so it ended at around 2 o'clock. But that included an optional lunch and tour! I'm sure you will do great. It was a super easy interview.

I had a morning interview so it ended at around 2 o'clock. But that included an optional lunch and tour! I'm sure you will do great. It was a super easy interview.

Hmm, I have an afternoon interview. Hopefully, I'll still be able to do a tour.

Hmm, I have an afternoon interview. Hopefully, I'll still be able to do a tour.
What time? On my day a lot of people with afternoon interviews went to the majority of the tour and then broke off for their interview. But those were at 1:30 or so. If yours is later I'm sure you won't have a problem.

I just had the stringiest, most disgusting chicken kabob outside of the Met. Finally looked at it seriously through the BBQ sauce and realized it was definitely not cooked.... Hope I don't get sick :depressed:

I just had the stringiest, most disgusting chicken kabob outside of the Met. Finally looked at it seriously through the BBQ sauce and realized it was definitely not cooked.... Hope I don't get sick :depressed:
Sorry you went through that. I'm always careful. A lot of times, I have to put those food vendors in their place. I feel like some of them assume that ppl have vulture stomachs. Anyway, I hope the rest of your time here is pleasant!

*Insert mandatory sentence about how awesome my UNC interview experience was.*

Reactions: 5 users

Southern hospitality is a real thing! The admissions staff were so warm and the students seemed to be the friendliest yet! UVA better get on its game and give a fellow Hoo some well-deserved love. So you have a Lawn room?!

However, I did get grilled by both my interviewers. @___@ Everyone else who had them came out going "ah, I had such an awesome time with Dr X and Y!" so I guess I must have caught them at a bad time? Ah, well. C'est la vie. I got lucky with my first four, so it was bound to happen eventually.

Southern hospitality is a real thing! The admissions staff were so warm and the students seemed to be the friendliest yet! UVA better get on its game and give a fellow Hoo some well-deserved love. So you have a Lawn room?!

However, I did get grilled by both my interviewers. @___@ Everyone else who had them came out going "ah, I had such an awesome time with Dr X and Y!" so I guess I must have caught them at a bad time? Ah, well. C'est la vie. I got lucky with my first four, so it was bound to happen eventually.
I appreciate the kind words! I just sent them an update so hopefully that brings good news. I don't have a lawn room but I live on the hill where James Monroe used to live (how cool is that?). Those rooms just happen to also have fireplaces.

And I think they just grilled you because they knew you could handle it ;) I'm sure you did great! And yep, that is why I went there for undergrad. It is just such a happy place. And maybe I will pass you tonight when I am flying in!

Oh hey! I was just at UVA!

Guys I screwed up. I'm staying in a hotel thats really close to the Admissions Office for my interview tomorrow, but I didn't check to see just how fancy it was beforehand.

So basically I'm sitting in this incredible in-hotel restaurant, buried in the corner in my college t-shirt and jeans feverishly doing homework on my computer (cause its the only place I can get internet access, for some reason) while all of these incredibly well-dressed business men and women order fancy cocktails and strip steak.

I feel like a penguin at the north pole, i.e. very out of place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Guys I screwed up. I'm staying in a hotel thats really close to the Admissions Office for my interview tomorrow, but I didn't check to see just how fancy it was beforehand.

So basically I'm sitting in this incredible in-hotel restaurant, buried in the corner in my college t-shirt and jeans feverishly doing homework on my computer (cause its the only place I can get internet access, for some reason) while all of these incredibly well-dressed business men and women order fancy cocktails and strip steak.

It beats staying at a place where you're out of place for the opposite reason!

Only the CEO's can get away with rocking jeans and a T while everyone else is dressed up ;)

I think we were one day off! I was there on Monday!

In other news, sdn is currently ONLY working on safari for me :(

So close but so far...

It's like finding out a celebrity was just eating at the same restaurant you were at, but left an hour before you arrived. :( (That actually happened with David Beckham and I. Though I was not nearly as heartbroken as I am missing Penguin by a day.)

So close but so far...

It's like finding out a celebrity was just eating at the same restaurant you were at, but left an hour before you arrived. :( (That actually happened with David Beckham and I. Though I was not nearly as heartbroken as I am missing Penguin by a day.)
I missed her by like 5 minutes one day last year...
taylor-swift-in-food-network-magazine-july-august-2014-issue_1.jpg

I still haven't forgiven myself for taking the long way to meet up my friends that day (it was at a Park Ave bar). She's probably enjoying Nutella spread here :laugh:

I hope that's sarcasm :lol:
Nope it's not. Apple tries really hard to make its own products very streamlined with OS X. Just being able to view on my phone what open tabs are on my laptop is worth it. There are a lot of features that just outstrip Chrome's add-ons and whatever else.