Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The food was enough to bump Tulane in front of CU. Slightly. But enough ;) I also had tacos that literally melt in my mouth. And the school provided red beans and rice for lunch. Can't beat it!

Now that sounds sooo good! Schools, take heed! The way to our hearts is undoubtedly through our stomachs! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing like emailing your boss to ask if you can take another few weeks off work. :dead: This is probably the most sensitively-crafted email known to man.

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing like emailing your boss to ask if you can take another few weeks off work. :dead: This is probably the most sensitively-crafted email known to man.

Ah good luck!! Hopefully they'll be understanding.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any half-reasonable human being will understand how important this is. If anything, they should feel honored to have someone like you work there.

Any half-reasonable human being will understand how important this is. If anything, they should feel honored to have someone like you work there.
Thank you! :shy: I'm salaried, so I feel really guilty for taking time off and still getting pay (yeah, yeah, cry me a river).

To make up for all my lost time I've been trying to work weekends... med schools just do not make it easy on us poor underlings. Really glad I'm doing this while not in school, though. I think my studies would have tanked. :bag:

Reactions: 5 users
Preachin' to the choir... :bang:

Hang on Wolverine! :( Seriously, you, Sunflower, and Penguin are machines! Kudos to you senior year applicants.

If it's any consolation, I'm sure you're going to be flooded with acceptances in a matter of weeks. You're in a very very good position. Once you get the first acceptance, you can coast from here on out... ;)

Really glad I'm doing this while not in school, though. I think my studies would have tanked. :bag:
Preachin' to the choir... :bang:
I am already getting worried as I have 4 Interviews within a month from now, hoping these 400 level math courses show me some mercy. Oh and working 20+ hrs a week..that too. I need to find a way to let them know I'm applying to medical school without getting me fired (not sure if they would do that though as I hold big responsibilities in the firm lmao but still).

I managed to only miss 3 classes despite having 4 interviews in the last 8 days. Definitely costed a lot more though...

Missing school is definitely rough. I'm hoping that I can land an early acceptance and then stay really focused on school through the rest of the semester. I have five more interviews before October 15, though.

I managed to only miss 3 classes despite having 4 interviews in the last 8 days. Definitely costed a lot more though...
Yeah I tried to schedule my interviews closer interviews for Fridays as I have no classes, but I suffer by missing a full day of work (my poor bank account), however I scheduled my further ones for Mondays so I can drive down on a Sunday with minimal traffic, and that way I miss 1 class. But missing a day of this class can really take a hit so hopefully I can bounce back.

Missing school is definitely rough. I'm hoping that I can land an early acceptance and then stay really focused on school through the rest of the semester. I have five more interviews before October 15, though.
That must be fun though! But yeah I don't hear from my top choice until December and my interview is this Friday -___- soooo my semester is practically gone haha

That must be fun though! But yeah I don't hear from my top choice until December and my interview is this Friday -___- soooo my semester is practically gone haha

It is fun and cool to see new places!!! But ~12 hour travel days are a bit taxing.

I hear you -- I am incredibly unlikely to hear from my top choice this semester, and my other top choice doesn't release decisions until December. My aforementioned hope may be a bit of a pipe dream but hey, it gets me through my jet lagged stupor :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It is fun and cool to see new places!!! But ~12 hour travel days are a bit taxing.

I hear you -- I am incredibly unlikely to hear from my top choice this semester, and my other top choice doesn't release decisions until December. My aforementioned hope may be a bit of a pipe dream but hey, it gets me through my jet lagged stupor :)
I'm in a similar boat. I have 3 before the 15th and another 4 after that. It is so much fun though :)

More genotpying this week ... booo ...

And does anybody play fantasy football? Worst week ever. Lost Jamaal Charles, AJ Green, Knowshon Moreno and Desean Jackson. In one week ......... gg.

And does anybody play fantasy football? Worst week ever. Lost Jamaal Charles, AJ Green, Knowshon Moreno and Desean Jackson. In one week ......... gg.
That's karma for taunting the superior team ;)

What are the odds of my getting a II at tulane if I send the secondary now.

Those pictures just threw me over the edge!

Thank you! :shy: I'm salaried, so I feel really guilty for taking time off and still getting pay (yeah, yeah, cry me a river).

To make up for all my lost time I've been trying to work weekends... med schools just do not make it easy on us poor underlings. Really glad I'm doing this while not in school, though. I think my studies would have tanked. :bag:

You have vacation time so you can use it. Don't fall into that american trap of being too important to take vacation. This might hurt when you really need a break later, but it's your time to do with as you please.

My friend's friend has so many early interviews (all at top schools too) that he will only be in class for 1 day in September. All the rest are interview days or travel days. And everyone knows how tough WUSTL classes are. How would y'all handle this situation lol?

My friend's friend has so many early interviews (all at top schools too) that he will only be in class for 1 day in September. All the rest are interview days or travel days. And everyone knows how tough WUSTL classes are. How would y'all handle this situation lol?
I wouldn't!

Non-rolling and semi-rolling schools make the waiting that much worse :(.

Last edited:
That moment when you withdraw from one of your top schools by mistake because you clicked the link while looking for something else and it just changes your status without asking for confirmation.

I called them and they told me to email. Just did that. I just hope it won't throw me back in the queue... THAT WOULD SUCK!

They were probably getting to my app right about now per the thread.

The person I talked to on the phone was not amused. I would have found it funny if I was on their end, but who the heck doesn't have a confirmation after something like that!

I have a team. And I can't name more than 3 players on my roster-lol. I came in 2nd last year (the Peyton Manning magic!), but it looks like I'm going to suck this year. I missed the draft due to work obligations, so I'm not really into it this time around.

And of course, there's also my polarized feelings for football in general after learning about CTE (read League in Denial and/or watch the documentary), not to mention the overall culture of violence, etc...

I would actually be the worst team doctor for an NFL franchise. I'd do a PowerPoint for the players demonstrating slides of CTE mangled brains and convince them to try out for the NBA and/or MLB. Ah, my fantasies...

I called them and they told me to email. Just did that. I just hope it won't throw me back in the queue... THAT WOULD SUCK!

They were probably getting to my app right about now per the thread.

The person I talked to on the phone was not amused. I would have found it funny if I was on their end, but who the heck doesn't have a confirmation after something like that!
I mean who doesn't accidentally click on stuff?! That's just horrible...

Heading to my Penn and Columbia interviews this week! Will post photos (of awesome food) in the spirit of this thread. First interview jitters :( And yet, I'm incredibly excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Heading to my Penn and Columbia interviews this week! Will post photos (of awesome food) in the spirit of this thread. First interview jitters :( And yet, I'm incredibly excited!
One of my classmates recently interviewed at Columbia, and he said the overall experience was very laid back.
Anyway, I know you'll do well at both places!

That moment when you withdraw from one of your top schools by mistake because you clicked the link while looking for something else and it just changes your status without asking for confirmation.
This is happened many times before and people haven't had a problem correcting it. Whether the school will mind or not for a silly error is another story, though.

ughhh I'm still waiting for the columbia calendar to move... so I can schedule my interview... preferably in november (It's non rolling, right?)

Every interview – without fail – someone has to ask: "How many students per cadaver?"

Auuuuuuaaaggggghhhhh.

Why is this a bad thing?

Just very odd when someone does it at EVERY interview. :shrug: It's such a minor aspect of your overall education... I thought people would be more concerned about mandatory attendance/grading policies/clerkship quality/ability to explore subspecialties/etc.

Just very odd when someone does it at EVERY interview. :shrug: It's such a minor aspect of your overall education... I thought people would be more concerned about mandatory attendance/grading policies/clerkship quality/ability to explore subspecialties/etc.
So this is really why ppl study like crazy for years and rack up the EC's :laugh:

Whoa, @hellanutella, not a single person has asked that at any of my 4 interviews haha that's so funny!

Reactions: 4 users
Whoa, @hellanutella, not a single person has asked that at any of my 4 interviews haha that's so funny!

Whew! Glad it wasn't a universal thing. That's random sampling for you! I'm curious to see if my next few interviews lead to the same question.

Whew! Glad it wasn't a universal thing. That's random sampling for you! I'm curious to see if my next few interviews lead to the same question.
I LOLED because it happened at all of mine.

they actually told us ratio without anyone asking today haha! guess they've already anticipated the question

they actually told us ratio without anyone asking today haha! guess they've already anticipated the question
So it seems that a good med student: cadaver ratio is a legitimate way to recruit rock star applicants. Fascinating... and hilarious...
Btw, how was UCSF?!
Edit: so what was the ratio?!

So it seems that a good med student: cadaver ratio is a legitimate way to recruit rock star applicants. Fascinating... and hilarious...
Btw, how was UCSF?!
Edit: so what was the ratio?!

ucsD was awesome, as expected! the lecture hall was amazing - the wall clocks were actual ipads that were just displaying time... O_O

ratio was like 4-5 per cadaver

I will be visiting Philly in a few days and took an early flight so I have a chance to sight see a little before I settle into interview mode. Most of you are clearly better traveled and better foodies than I am, so do you have any suggestions for cool places to visit and/or foods to eat in the Center City/University City area? You'll have my stomach's thanks. :D

I will be visiting Philly in a few days and took an early flight so I have a chance to sight see a little before I settle into interview mode. Most of you are clearly better traveled and better foodies than I am, so do you have any suggestions for cool places to visit and/or foods to eat in the Center City/University City area? You'll have my stomach's thanks. :D

OOOOOO I used to live in Philly.

Get a cheesesteak.