Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've found anatomy content to be awesome, but I absolutely hate studying for it. it sucks having to rote memorize tons of names of structures rather than being able to understand and apply it. I'm over the lab too haha, the honeymoon phase passed. I'm actually looking forward to it ending, just one more month to go (for histology/cell bio also).

congrats on the bike though! what kind did you get?

Yeah, studying in general sucks, but I feel like this is so much more of why I was interested in medicine than biochem. I'm honestly happy to be done with biochem. I'll learn the parts necessary for practice when it comes to that, but it's going to have very little utility for the things I'm hopefully going to do. I think it's interesting and I like learning about it...but it just doesn't 'move' me. I think it's cool, then I move on to things that capture my imagination more readily.

I bought a suzuki sv650. It's got more than enough power for a noob like me and I'm planning on doing a ton of stuff to it over the winter. I have a feeling the bike is going to be moved to my garage in the next month for a good long while. Going to be swapping to a gsxr front end and rear wheel. I honestly want something bigger already, but I'd rather learn to ride properly first so I don't end up as a statistic. I got the bike at a pretty great price and have put over a thousand miles on it already. Visited a friend at UVM med a few weeks ago. I want to do another trip over the long weekend, but we have a big exam right after.

The first thing I bought, even before the bike came home was armor.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, studying in general sucks, but I feel like this is so much more of why I was interested in medicine than biochem. I'm honestly happy to be done with biochem. I'll learn the parts necessary for practice when it comes to that, but it's going to have very little utility for the things I'm hopefully going to do. I think it's interesting and I like learning about it...but it just doesn't 'move' me. I think it's cool, then I move on to things that capture my imagination more readily.

I bought a suzuki sv650. It's got more than enough power for a noob like me and I'm planning on doing a ton of stuff to it over the winter. I have a feeling the bike is going to be moved to my garage in the next month for a good long while. Going to be swapping to a gsxr front end and rear wheel. I honestly want something bigger already, but I'd rather learn to ride properly first so I don't end up as a statistic. I got the bike at a pretty great price and have put over a thousand miles on it already. Visited a friend at UVM med a few weeks ago. I want to do another trip over the long weekend, but we have a big exam right after.

The first thing I bought, even before the bike came home was armor.

glad to hear you're handling the bike maturely and the right way. that's the way to do it. I definitely want one when I'm someday getting paychecks again lol

Haha yeah. I live with 2 MS1's and one of them rides as well. We end up going out quite a bit together, but he doesn't want to ride as much as I do so I end up going out by myself a bunch.

I'm starting to get back into cycling as well. Trying to get the fitness stuff together since that's what keeps me happy, sane, and able to concentrate and study.

Also, @DoctorLacrosse , you need to join our FB group brah!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got placed with a really great neurologist for my preceptorship!!! So excited to get in clinic and in a field I am interested in! Makes metabolism worth it!

Reactions: 6 users
Haha yeah. I live with 2 MS1's and one of them rides as well. We end up going out quite a bit together, but he doesn't want to ride as much as I do so I end up going out by myself a bunch.

I'm starting to get back into cycling as well. Trying to get the fitness stuff together since that's what keeps me happy, sane, and able to concentrate and study.

Also, @DoctorLacrosse , you need to join our FB group brah!

I've been telling him to join as well! Lol

I just got placed with a really great neurologist for my preceptorship!!! So excited to get in clinic and in a field I am interested in! Makes metabolism worth it!

Oh man, lucky you! Our preceptorship options are pretty sparse in terms of fields, so we didn't even get neuro as an option. Have fun!

Omg block exams are terrifying. How did we learn so much (and yet I feel I retained so little!) I am sure I am underestimating my ability right now and I was really quite calm until yesterday. Now I feel overwhelmed by review documents! Off to pretend I am fine and study with friends!

Reactions: 1 users
Omg block exams are terrifying. How did we learn so much (and yet I feel I retained so little!) I am sure I am underestimating my ability right now and I was really quite calm until yesterday. Now I feel overwhelmed by review documents! Off to pretend I am fine and study with friends!

You've got this!!! How long until your exam?

I hear this. I have the worst few weeks of my life coming up lol

You've got this!!! How long until your exam?
Thanks, 1 of 3 down! Tomorrow and the next day we have more. I am feeling better now that part of it is done. Friday is the hard one for me. I will make it through but it is definitely exhausting! And we ARE all going to be great doctors!!

Rooting for you! I'm glad to hear you take exams on different days!

I survived! Already in the next block. Life moves too fast!! How is everyone?

I survived! Already in the next block. Life moves too fast!! How is everyone?

congrats! I just finished anatomy and histology and it feels great lol. already onto biochem and physiology, and I can already tell this is going to be much different

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! I just finished anatomy and histology and it feels great lol. already onto biochem and physiology, and I can already tell this is going to be much different
Wait I thought you started anatomy and histo the same time I did. I finished those 5 weeks ago...and completed another module.

Wait I thought you started anatomy and histo the same time I did. I finished those 5 weeks ago...and completed another module.

we started in August. anatomy, embryo, histo, and cell bio, just finished last week. every curriculum is different i guess lol

2 weeks into ANS/Endocrine/Repro. I actually really like this stuff

unit exams start monday, so much for enjoying thanksgiving break! hope everyone else has a good one though!

I guess everyone is on the same boat! I have a block exam in 1.5 weeks. I hate micro...AAhhhh!

Good luck all.

I guess everyone is on the same boat! I have a block exam in 1.5 weeks. I hate micro...AAhhhh!

Good luck all.
We're in micro as well. With only 1.5 weeks left it might not be helpful for you, but I wanted to give a shout-out to SketchyMicro for making all the bugs a billion times easier.

unit exams start monday, so much for enjoying thanksgiving break! hope everyone else has a good one though!

this isn't right. I'm very happy with how my school schedules exams. we had 3 the day before break, so we can actually relax on break. best of luck though, go kill those exams!

Same boat as you all! Have my anatomy practical in about 2 weeks, and my block exam and OSCE in 3 weeks! I'm looking forward to Christmas break, is it too soon? Lol

this isn't right. I'm very happy with how my school schedules exams. we had 3 the day before break, so we can actually relax on break. best of luck though, go kill those exams!

we only have exams every 8 weeks, so its just unfortunate when they fell =\ BUT I've been relaxing regardless, taking advantage the pass/fail curriculum for this round of exams haha

Well, you know what they say: 50% of graduating doctors were in the bottom half of their class, amirite? ;)

Last edited:
Ok. Here it goes. I know that most 2019ers haven't even started undergrad yet, but it's never too early to get started, right?

Mods, if you think this is inappropriate, please feel free to lock it. SDN community, if you think it's too early, please let it die.

And best of luck to all the 2019ers starting school in a couple of weeks.

WTF was I thinking back then?

Reactions: 2 users
... and you didn't even make the class :p

epic idea: donate to SDN, delete thread, instantly remove 300+ pages of "content", AND this does not come back to haunt you
NO THERE IS TOO MUCH NOSTALGIA NONONONONONONO

Reactions: 3 users
From all of the pathology I've been forced to learn about the female reproductive system, I've decided to not be either an OBGYN or a pathologist. Ever. Ever.

Reactions: 2 users
From all of the pathology I've been forced to learn about the female reproductive system, I've decided to not be either an OBGYN or a pathologist. Ever. Ever.

biochem is the death of me.

Got hit with my first bad head cold of med school. :( I thought I was going to die. I actually asked to move a test. The thing they don't explain (you can't really) is the unrelenting nature. You take a second for yourself, you get behind! I am just glad it happened during a time when we are starting a new block (that I am more familiar with...) Anyways, how are you all doing after the wonderful holiday break?

Guys!!! You're awesome ️ hope you're doing well!

Ok. Here it goes. I know that most 2019ers haven't even started undergrad yet, but it's never too early to get started, right?

Mods, if you think this is inappropriate, please feel free to lock it. SDN community, if you think it's too early, please let it die.

And best of luck to all the 2019ers starting school in a couple of weeks.

Digging this up for what it's worth - Got into one of my top choice schools (even though I missed the class of 2019), and can't believe how much time has gone by since I posted the above....

Reactions: 12 users
Everyone still upright? This time of year brings big lows and sad students! Watch your Vit D my study happy friends!

Everyone still upright? This time of year brings big lows and sad students! Watch your Vit D my study happy friends!
We had our pinning ceremony (my school's version of the white coat ceremony) yesterday, and the weather is (almost) always sunny in Miami. No need to worry about getting enough vitamin D here!

Says the person in a sunny enough state ;) be sure to say hi to @swimfishy! He is a really cool guy.

Wow I haven't been on SDN since application season and then I come on here randomly and get a nice mention from you! Hope you're enjoying your "300 days of sunshine!" It rains everyday for us haha.

We just started our microbio and immunology block. Looking forward to this after anatomy tbh.

We are in the cardiopulmonary and renal block and it is a huge kick in the pants! This is the normal physiology, great moving on here are all the disease states, alright thanks for coming, next lecture! (you can learn all those things on first pass right?) repeat for all aspects. I thought they were moving fast for anatomy... I love internal stuff but it is finally abundantly clear that this is an accelerated curriculum. 3 weeks for cardio, 4 for pulm, 4 for renal and then a wrap up week for CHF since it is all three systems. Personally I love the integration but it has been intense lately.

Wow I haven't been on SDN since application season and then I come on here randomly and get a nice mention from you! Hope you're enjoying your "300 days of sunshine!" It rains everyday for us haha.
Rain everyday, but look at those blooms! Already into daffodils, cherry blossoms and magnolias! Hello spring. :) just think of it as liquid sun.

Finishing up our 13+ week unit with a week of exams next week on head and neck anatomy, immunology, microbiology, rheumatology, white blood cell disorders (leukemias, lymphomas, etc), and all things associated with those topics.

Med school is fun!....