Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I used to use those, but then I realized I'm that my browser is open 24/7 anyway, and it's just simpler to use the tab.

You have that on your computer? Or just your phone
Lol, I wait for the ding from my phone to check the tab on my browser. I used to have a notification on my browser but gave it up because my phone is always on me, so the dings would be duplicated, which was unhelpful.

The notification sound on my phone is the same for emails and texts. Now I get really paranoid whenever it goes off. I should probably change it now that I think about it
Lol, I have a different sound for:
Email
Work email
Med app emails
Text
Notifications
Group chat with my sports team.

Members don't see this ad.

I used to use those, but then I realized I'm that my browser is open 24/7 anyway, and it's just simpler to use the tab.
That's like Stone Age stuff, using the actual tab haha :cigar:

Members don't see this ad :)
That's like Stone Age stuff, using the actual tab haha :cigar:
1. It keeps my email AND texts (I use Android so they're all Hangouts) in one place
2. With the add-ons, my inbox is setup so I can see all three of my main folders and everything in them
3. There is a delay with email clients (try having both open; the tab gets it first)
4. I don't have to change programs
5. I don't like it when the IMAP folders get all discombobulated with the email client folders. I want ALL of my Sent/Draft/Trash to sync perfectly, and a lot of clients get that wrong, even the popular ones
6. I use the gmail app on my phone, so this looks identical.
7. Less work
8. When I change computers or borrow a friends', my email looks the same everywhere!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, you use Gmail. Therein lies your problem! :p
Secure email servers/clients ftw

Psh, Gmail is wonderful.

Then again, I've sold a lot of my soul to Google (use most of their services, have an Android phone...), so take what I say with a grain of salt ;)

Psh, Gmail is wonderful.

Then again, I've sold a lot of my soul to Google (use most of their services, have an Android phone...), so take what I say with a grain of salt ;)
Eh, they're okay. I just look at it from a IP perspective; Google doesn't want you to really ever own anything and in my book that is a total no-go. I think people should put more thought into the corporate missions they are implicitly supporting by massive usage of a company's services. I don't use anything but emails hosted on institutional servers so I maintain control over my data. I don't use any cloud service that doesn't have a sync service so I always have a local hard copy. etc. etc.

Eh, they're okay. I just look at it from a IP perspective; Google doesn't want you to really ever own anything and in my book that is a total no-go. I think people should put more thought into the corporate missions they are implicitly supporting by massive usage of a company's services. I don't use anything but emails hosted on institutional servers so I maintain control over my data. I don't use any cloud service that doesn't have a sync service so I always have a local hard copy. etc. etc.

So Dropbox is fine, I assume? And yeah, I understand what you're talking about. I mean, I use some Apple devices and I think Apple is worse than Google on that front, but I guess you just have to accept the potential risks that come with using these services.

So Dropbox is fine, I assume? And yeah, I understand what you're talking about. I mean, I use some Apple devices and I think Apple is worse than Google on that front, but I guess you just have to accept the potential risks that come with using these services.
Apple can be bad with some apps, but its OS and general products just need to be tinkered a bit to ensure good data access and security. Dropbox is ok but it has terrible business support so most places I've been at use Microsoft OneDrive. OD is still ****, but it's the least **** of everything that's out there

Members don't see this ad :)
I welcome our benevolent overlords at Google. I honestly don't care if they take over the whole damn world...I like at least the superficial image of Google and have no issue with supporting that. Yeah, maybe it's all PR, but how they choose to present/sell themselves still says something about a company.

I do use, but absolutely hate OneDrive. I only use it because it's one of the default save locations on my computer, but I think it's honestly the stinking, rotting corpse of what used to be a steaming pile of excrement.

Dropbox is...fine. It's a bit clunky.

I like Google Drive because it syncs to all of my computers nicely, and I can share individual folders to people at my work, or other groups I am a part of.

Other than that, I really don't know what you mean...all of the services I use from Google are free, and don't involve anything that I would have owned in the first place. I can download everything I put on Google, including emails. I've actually had MORE trouble with institutional servers because when you leave the institution, well...you'd better think of everything before your retrieval window closes.

So this is pretty off-topic, but does anyone here play super smash brothers melee competitively? Or am I just weird and alone here?

So this is pretty off-topic, but does anyone here play super smash brothers melee competitively? Or am I just weird and alone here?

I could never play SSB competitively, but I played Brawl waaaay too much with friends this past year.

I played MarioKart competitively in college. My specialty was the Wii version (Bowser Jr/Mach or Rosalina/Flame Runner), next best was GCN one

I played MarioKart competitively in college. My specialty was the Wii version (Bowser Jr/Mach or Rosalina/Flame Runner), next best was GCN one

I can't remember the last time I played Mario Kart without drinking.

I may be taking this pokemon theme thing a bit far.

hAGxI5Y.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

MARIO KART WII OMG
That was another game my friends and I played a bit too often...

I only really like the n64 version of SSB, so...:whistle:

Reactions: 1 users
Meh, I've had pictures of me on this site before, on my other account that I can't access anymore :/ hence my username.

Reactions: 3 users
Well hey, they're at least friendly factions. The Suits group got me back into watching the show, even if my avvie won't change over!
...We were supposed to be friendly? ...Is it too late to take back the terrible terrible PM's I sent to the non-Pokefactions?

You reminded me! So for schools that ask for a photo, are you uh, supposed to have a headshot or something or can you just get a friend to take a cell phone photo of you? >_> I am onto my first secondary that asks for one and I did not know to expect such a thing.

You reminded me! So for schools that ask for a photo, are you uh, supposed to have a headshot or something or can you just get a friend to take a cell phone photo of you? >_> I am onto my first secondary that asks for one and I did not know to expect such a thing.
It should probably look somewhat professional. I just took this one from my lab so...

I would recommend wearing formal attire, and getting a decent quality photo done. It doesn't have to be professional, but if you have a friend with a nice camera, now would be a good time to call in a favor.

I would recommend wearing formal attire, and getting a decent quality photo done. It doesn't have to be professional, but if you have a friend with a nice camera, now would be a good time to call in a favor.
Gaaah. I am an exceptionally un-photogenic person, I dread things like this.

Maybe my UMichigan fun fact should've been "can ruin any photo."