CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also a lover of genetics. But Mendellian stuff, none of that molecular genetics crap :laugh:

But the Mendelian trends only happen because of the molecular events!

Members don't see this ad.

But the RESULT, which I think is where your question is leading, is that yes, the ability to break down lactose is indeed a fairly recent mutation in humans and that means all of you who are lactose tolerant are genetic freaks. :smuggrin:

Every morning when I have my milk and cereal now, I will add an extra pour of milk in honor of my genetic freakiness!

Oooh. Thanks for that article. Just skimmed it quickly first but looks rather interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else pour over the Nordstrom fall catalogue, picking out overpriced clothing for that day they can afford it all the while pretending they didn't just make a terrible financial decision (eg. vet school)???

No that's just me?

Damn.

Maybe I should go buy a textbook or a rectal thermometer or something.

Anyone else pour over the Nordstrom fall catalogue, picking out overpriced clothing for that day they can afford it all the while pretending they didn't just make a terrible financial decision (eg. vet school)???

No that's just me?

Damn.

Maybe I should go buy a textbook or a rectal thermometer or something.

omg i totally do this every time i get the nordstrom's catalog in the mail. i LOVE LOVE LOVE their stuff :love::love:

then i remember how dirt poor i am and how i can buy everything on sale these days :laugh:

btw, haven't bought ANY textbooks yet :smuggrin:

omg i totally do this every time i get the nordstrom's catalog in the mail. i LOVE LOVE LOVE their stuff :love::love:

then i remember how dirt poor i am and how i can buy everything on sale these days :laugh:

btw, haven't bought ANY textbooks yet :smuggrin:

Are you west coast??? I thought Nordy's was a west coast thing!! I'm so glad you share my indulgence!!!

Are you west coast??? I thought Nordy's was a west coast thing!! I'm so glad you share my indulgence!!!

i'm east coast! DC area :) we have like....at least 2 nordstroms in the area.

i could just spend hours in their shoes/purse departments.......and drool over everything i can't have but dream about in my head! :rolleyes:

Dang! We're all effed!

Glad to find some comrades in shopping arms :)

Lol Nordstrom is a wallet killer thing more than regional :D

Abney: When you move to Pullman next year, don't worry! They have a Nordstrom in Spokane (a mere hour away). Just sayin' :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Girl! Right in town!!!! Literally 1 min from my house!

Welcome to Pullman. Two Walmarts and a Shopko within 8mi of each other :)

Plus awesome beer! And many, many hippies.

My sentiments exactly! PM me in Jan/Feb and we will plan it! I'm sure I could pick you up from the (teeny) airport as well if you don't want to rent a car.

I have just the bar in mind! All of the professors go there to get wasted and the food is pretty good. Talk about dinner and a show. It's a great time every day of the week :)

My sentiments exactly! PM me in Jan/Feb and we will plan it! I'm sure I could pick you up from the (teeny) airport as well if you don't want to rent a car.

I have just the bar in mind! All of the professors go there to get wasted and the food is pretty good. Talk about dinner and a show. It's a great time every day of the week :)

:laugh:

I'll probably fly into Spokane. Maybe. It was cheaper since I HAD to rent a car this last time anyway. Besides. I don't want to you to be stuck with me :D

Spokane is wayyyyy cheaper for airfare. Just can be a touch sketchy driving to Pullman from Spokane in Feb. Have you looked into flying to Lewiston ID? It's only 30mi instead of the 75mi to Spokane and is occasionally cheaper. Although everyone claims we are due for another mild winter (crosses fingers. I cant drive in the damn snow yet). I can definitely advise you on the cheapest day parking pass on campus though!

Dang. I'm excited for Feburary already :)

Spokane is wayyyyy cheaper for airfare. Just can be a touch sketchy driving to Pullman from Spokane in Feb. Have you looked into flying to Lewiston ID? It's only 30mi instead of the 75mi to Spokane and is occasionally cheaper. Although everyone claims we are due for another mild winter (crosses fingers. I cant drive in the damn snow yet). I can definitely advise you on the cheapest day parking pass on campus though!

Dang. I'm excited for Feburary already :)

LOL!! Me too!! I'll probably scope out the situation when it gets closer. Though if I go with Hertz again, they only rent out 4WD in the winter there they told me. And I am totally fine with driving in the snow :D

I plan on kidnapping Alexander Skarsgaard from Comic-Con this weekend as a birthday present for my bestie.

Can you swing by my house with him? He is on my "5 celebrities we can sleep with" list. And get Joe Manganiello while you're at it. He's on there, too. Oh, and you can't forget Ian Somerhalder. Almost my entire list will be at Comic-Con. What does that say about me?

I'm watching Antiques Roadshow. I like that show........ :lame:

No joke? I am seriously obsessed with that show. You can watch episodes online on PBS!! It's pretty much all I've been doing while my husband is out of town. He already knows I'm a nerd but my love of Antiques Roadshow skyrockets me into über nerd zone.

I plan on kidnapping Alexander Skarsgaard from Comic-Con this weekend as a birthday present for my bestie.

Can you plz make a pit stop at my house for the night?? Kthanks!

So I tried Capoeira a bit a ago but I didn't want to say anything because then I would have to admit I looked like a friggin idiot. I mean, it was really bad.

Oh my gosh. How cute.

Basically any dog with a listening head tilt, though, is super adorable to me.

Neurologic dogs tilt their heads so much they look like they're going to fall over

LuKKI.jpg

Neurologic dogs tilt their heads so much they look like they're going to fall over

LuKKI.jpg

Awww. Your dog is a cutie!

And I'm totally unsurprised that the picture you have to post easily has her in a hockey jersey!

Awww. Your dog is a cutie!

And I'm totally unsurprised that the picture you have to post easily has her in a hockey jersey!

:laugh: she's a native Canadian breed from a breeder in Calgary and I happened to have a Team Canada jersey just lying around so decided to take a couple pics for her breeder with the jersey on her.

I feel terrible but my little brother went out with some friends drinking and now I just heard him get up to vomit and I thought "haha". :lame:

After that stupid vegetarian thread I want me a nice juicy steak.
and a side salad.

I am debating becoming a gold donor so I can have gifs as my avatars.......

I've never been able to make a gif work for mine. :(