Cthulhu & Friends: A Lovecraftian Tale - 9th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I need to know when this happened lmao
Night 4, after the pulley vote

I finally picked a wolf to track (Elenor), and I was led to a gathering where they converted me

It was perfect, because right after I gained all my village credibility, I switched sides

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope a lot of y'all continue to play! What a great noob class! :biglove::biglove:

I think you'll find the typical cycles of 36/12 (or 48/24 with closed nights 👀) are a little less life-consuming than 12/12!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Night Eight

View attachment 364358

That feeling of dread? The one you've felt since that night, where the sky was dark, darker than it had been in a very long time, and strange whispers were carried on the wind? That night where you should have rejoiced because it was a night without death, in fact a night of rebirth, but instead you felt a chill in your bones?

Now, at the end of things, let me show you where that dread came from, where it has lived since that fateful night...

Nodens stood beside his remaining friend. His chariot and the terrible beasts that pulled it rested behind him. He thought on all he had seen through the days since the Ascension. How he had grown tired of the old guard, how the new ones, the ones they called traitors had approached him. Was it wrong, to want a little more for themselves? To see that they were superior, and take what was rightfully theirs? What sense did it make for the worship of the humans to be spread so thin, among so many gods, when they could concentrate it between a precious, worthy few?

The previous night had not gone exactly as planned, but they were sly, and resourceful. They had made it work. And now, all they needed was to remove one more from the ranks of those who would stand in their way. Cthulhu had declared himself. They no longer needed to worry about him. And anyone who could protect the others, or prevent their plans, was gone.

"You do the honors," Nodens said to Ithaqua. "You've earned it. Especially since I took the kill last night."
"Gladly," said Ithaqua, whistling for the win to carry him. And then he stopped. Why should he hide, now, when they were so close to victory? Why bother? "You know," he said to Nodens, "the humans seem so enthralled with these things called guns. Perhaps I can get them to loan me a couple."
Nodens smiled, a horrible thing to see stretch across the face of an Elder God.

Later, after Ithaqua had acquired the necessary weapons, he went in search of Nug. Quiet, and yet perceptive, this god among ghouls had not been so far from the truth as some of the others. Really it was an honor to be the final kill. He aimed, and fired, throwing a little Great Old One power behind the bullets, to make sure they sealed a permanent fate.

"Pewpew, as the humans say," he said to Nodens, and they laughed. The rest would be easy enough now.

Dead is @katykat2222, who was Nug, a village mason

Cthulhu looked on, unconcerned, for he had done all he meant to do in this world, and was sure he could find another to entertain him someday...​
Omg this writeup is SENDING ME. My night action was submitted as "chic pewpews Katykat" and I guess they liked that so much they ran with it.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
It's also in the spreadsheet, but here are the Tor/Tee matches. The wolves were actually divided up when matches were sent out**, so Zenge had chic and pulley, Santy had zuri, and Lumi had eleanor.

Matches:
TeeTor
Wolves (eleanor713, chicandtoughness, pulley, zuriburi)Zenge, Lumi, Santy
futuredogtor614AM
PlumPoppyAM
matthirten13shorty
cobrien01shorty
riderrapidashSporty
pxtonPSV
WondalfyBarks
beepboopbop1Wonder
mightyrunner7Dina
gs38mkg
miranda920SAR
CaptNemoalley
katiemcatVissy
VeggieTrexApril
HW_88genny
GeckoKD6samac
motheatenlysisNate

**The intention was for everyone to give more general, pre-role assignment advice, but seems instead most everyone assumed they were village since they weren't in a pack :laugh:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Signups for next game!

Reactions: 1 users
Y'all, thank you for an amazingly fun game, and I apologize to all the misyeets we had to perform on the way to make this happen. We said many times in wolf chat how bad we feel about betraying everyone. Special hugs to pxton (I'm sorry, I spilled so many lies to you and then threw you to the wolves, literally), Poppy (who somehow totally bought my wolf Rojo until the end), and Gecko, who I unfairly accused of horrible things on the last day :'(

But also, this game is hard!!! Some of you guys pull out analyses that I can't and don't have the attention span to follow :rofl:

I don't think I've told a single truth this game about anything lmao. No item, no surviver status, not 3p.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
It was a super fun and great game! I think the wolves did great. Not sure if I ever would have guessed mighty! Crazy

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
WOLVES HAVE REACHED PARITY WITH THE VILLAGE!
WOLVES WIN!

Congratulations @chicandtoughness @mightyrunner7 @zuriburi @eleanor713 and @pulley !

AND, BECAUSE SHE MADE IT TO THE FINAL 5 PLAYERS...
CHAOS ALSO WINS!

Congratulations on meeting the inclusive version of your wincon @justafluff !

@PlumPoppy - Hastur - 3x Vigilante
@mightyrunner7 - Nodens - Tracker - CONVERTED to Wolf
@chicandtoughness - Ithaqua - Ninja Wolf
@justafluff - Cthulhu - Chaos
@GeckoKD6 - Night Gaunt - Post Restrictor

LOCKED BACK IN THEIR WORLDLY PRISON

@holdthemayo - Human - neutral Ritual Sacrifice
@cobrien01 - Yig - Protector
@riderrapidash - Cthylla - watcher
@miranda920 - Tsathoggua - Innocent Child
@HW_88 - Shudde M'ell - Hider
@VeggieTrex - Nyarlathotep - Tinker
@pulley - Y'Golonac - Wolf Strongman
@gs38 - Hypnos - Fruit Vendor
@futuredogtor614 - Azathoth - Oracle
@motheatenlysis - Yeb - Mason
@eleanor713 - Dagon - Bulletproof Wolf
@CaptNemo - Kassogtha - Jailer
@matthirten13 - Ghatanothoa - Blocker
@pxton - Shub-Niggurath - Resurrector, Mayor
@beepboopbop1 - Yig - Protector
@Wondalfy - Cthugha - Vengeful
katiemcat >>> @katykat2222 - Nug - Mason
@zuriburi - Yog-Sothoth - Wolf Absorber

Manators

@Animal Midwife
@Animal Midwife
@supershorty
@SportPonies
@LuminousLag
@Zenge142
@potentialsheltervet
@Barkley13
@WonderingStudent
@SARdoghandler
@mkg323
@Santygrass
@Dinashadow
@alleycat03
@Viscernable
@Aprilthearab
@genny
@samac
@NateTheLesser

~Table of Contents~
🤯🤯🤯 I freaking swapped 2 wolves last night

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
@justafluff were you intentionally lying about your role in last year's noob game to keep the bodyguard/protector confusion going or did you just forget that you were a protector and got night killed proper :laugh:
I thought I had been killed protecting stoat lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
The night text came in and I initially freaked out because I was like OMG THEY'RE GONNA KNOW IT WAS US. At least three manators had to hold me down to explain why this was a GOOD thing lol

• Care
Also my swapping did work on wolf kills but mods just clarified that today. So I kinda knew it wasn’t chic who killed beepboop but my belief in Benoit Blanc blocked out the rest of the explanation that mighty did indeed killed beepboop 😩

• Care
All the Gecko drama today was 100% caused by this swap.

The plan was to kill Gecko and frame beepboop (who already had sus), but you reversed it, so we were forced to frame Gecko, which literally nobody believed

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Wolves targeted you for the kill that night
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We were pretty sure it was over for us and then everyone hopped onto Wonda, I was sitting here making my post going, "There's no way anyone is going to buy this and then I'm going to die alsdkjalskdjasd" and then half an hour later....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
So much fun playing with you all! And all the nice things I said to yous while stabbing you in the back were totally sincere. Y’all are wicked sharp and this was TOUGH for us!

Also my swapping did work on wolf kills but mods just clarified that today. So I kinda knew it wasn’t chic who killed beepboop but my belief in Benoit Blanc blocked out the rest of the explanation that mighty did indeed killed beepboop 😩
The fact that everyone thought there were only 1-2 wolves left but we really had 3 helped us out immensely

The night text came in and I initially freaked out because I was like OMG THEY'RE GONNA KNOW IT WAS US. At least three manators had to hold me down to explain why this was a GOOD thing lol
But like honestly I needed your guys’s kills cause if I made it to last 3 I’d be the sole winner :laugh: I was secretly hoping there’s more wolves left!
But also Zuri just explained you converted mighty and my brain was like “why would a tracker be a wolf power”, so I didn’t even think of it as a possibility

But like honestly I needed your guys’s kills cause if I made it to last 3 I’d be the sole winner :laugh: I was secretly hoping there’s more wolves left!
But also Zuri just explained you converted mighty and my brain was like “why would a tracker be a wolf power”, so I didn’t even think of it as a possibility
Any role can be a wolf power other than innocent child.

• Love
Also I don’t remember which of you said it, but someone said that Matt was really intense and it made me laugh soooo hard because I’m a very intense player and manator, and so far my tees have been too :laugh:

I gave him assigned reading before roles even randed 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
What a great game y all!!! So good to play with you and hope you join in future games!

• Care
I can't believe that I was jailed and targeted for the role block the one night the wolves didn't kill anyone 💀💀

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I'm really curious what was going through everyone's minds when I posited the vigilante theory and then strongly implied I was vigilante and threatened to shoot everyone 😂

• Haha
Awesome game guys, what a fun way to pass the time. Thanks to our creative mods, dedicated manators, and clueless peers for the fun experience! Definitely going to need a break before I jump in on another one though. The SO is not so happy with my newest time sink. XD I'll definitely be back to join future games!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Also I don’t remember which of you said it, but someone said that Matt was really intense and it made me laugh soooo hard because I’m a very intense player and manator, and so far my tees have been too :laugh:

Yeah, I was wondering what you were doing in the background with your intense tees!!! :cat:

• Haha
  • Wow

I think any of y'all that meet me irl going to be shocked by how reserved I am when not playing chat games, two different personalities for real

Shorty for Dean of WW University, I sure got my reading in 💀

• Haha