Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm an technology idiot, apparently.

Maul krist

Members don't see this ad.

Day dawns overthe sanctuary and as the sun rises, so too does Nyanko. She comes racing into camp the way only Aussies can, full of energy and life after a two day journey to return from her investigative reporting. She quickly herds the dogs around and tells them the story of how a poser snuck into camp and tried to kill her longtime buddy TT. As soon as she saw the attacking fiend’s face, and smelled her smell, Nyanko knew it was time to get out of Dogde (so to speak). She didn’t stick around to see the valiant defense of TT by the guard dog of the herding group, but she had seen enough.

She then spent the next two days filled with paranoia. The adrenaline rush of this new knowledge made her distrust every bird, every sound, every smell of the forest. She imagined wolves were chasing her at every turn. But she was not daunted, oh no. She was determined to bring this information back to the pack. She kept on circling widely around their clearing, waiting for a safe path, and just this morning she saw Krist leave the clearing to do her morning business and she bounded into the clearing.

She told her story to her fellow Beta and her Alpha and then, in an amazing show of unity, the pack came quickly to a decision almost in minutes. As Krist sauntered back into camp, it was like facing a determined wall, resistance was futile. Krist mumbled a low “whazzup dogs? Someone lose a bone?” There was no smiling at Krist’s lame attempt at humor. The pack advanced surely, and Krist had a resigned look on a suddenly wolfish looking body.

Soon the pack started into the dirty business of dispatching Krist, and they did it with an unusually confident gusto. Shouts of “for Stormwater,” and “I avenge you “Maddie,” and “Rest peacefully Zoovet” or “Traitor”, “fiend”, “Group-betrayer” and the like were heard, along with a few dogs lamenting howls, “sorry my love Lissa,” and “I never doubted you ILoveThomas,” and the like. Jubilation was mixed in as the pack was so happy to be rid of the final wolf. “To the end of wolves” they shouted. “We did it, we did it”. These words encouraged them to finish the act, and so it was that the life was drained from Krist, but yet as Krist lay dying on the ground, the last word was granted to the wolves, and so Krist said “Ha ha ha ha, pathetic little doggies, I was NOT alone!”

And with that, Krist, a proud German Shepherd dog, a proud member of the herding group, but also a proud wolf, the Eastern Wolf, Canis lycaon, and an inheritor of part time sniffing ability lay dead!

There are 12 players left.

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla)
*** Maddiegirl (Lab)***
3- Graduatedly (Weimaraner)
**** LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever)****

Hound Group
.*** Lissarae06 (Bloodhound). The Ghost of Lost Love***
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur)
***Chebanse (greyhound)****
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound)

Working Group
***dyachei (Alaskan Malamute)***
*** Nordicat (Leonberger)***
***jemappellejane (Newfoundland)***
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky)

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin)
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
*** StormWater (Yorkie) ***
*** Psilovethomas (chihuahua)****
***** -Dino (Italian Greyhound)*****

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
2- that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier)
**** zoovet (Black Russian Terrier) *****
***squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier)***

Herding Group
*****krist (GSD)*******
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi)
3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd)
4- sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog)

It is Night 8

And so the hunt continues. Due to the early vote. Let’s get our PMs in as soon as possible. Say 2:30pm EST and then we can crank out another day today!

Nice! But....krist was a wolf, and krist's first action upon returning (well, second, if you count the CGC misdirection) was to clear DVMDream and let us know that there was "nothing to worry about there!". Hmmm.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is TT? Shouldn't she be able to talk by now as it has been over 1 full day and night - and that is the normal silencing period - hmmmm wonder if it is longer for bringing a dog back from the dead or something

I was silenced for two full days and nights after my investigation there, so it seems reasonable for that to be a consequence of a pretty strong power like that too...

Good morning! More like everyone mauled me in my sleep! :)

I had so much fun playing with everyone but knew I was done for in the end! Now I can't wait to see how the rest of the game unfolds! :D Now I'm off to join LMMS and Dyachei at the dead wolf's poker game!

Wolfangel.jpg

Nice! But....krist was a wolf, and krist's first action upon returning (well, second, if you count the CGC misdirection) was to clear DVMDream and let us know that there was "nothing to worry about there!". Hmmm.....

This does sound very incriminating! I wonder how many are left, are they wolves? or are they hybrid doggies turned wolf, so someone once innocent that we may need to be in question of.

I hate to say this but, to bring someone back to the dead, what price do you think you have to pay? Lissarae didn't have to pay a price, but maybe graduatedly did?! I'm sorry fellow group member, but I am curious what you have to say?!

Here's a halo for Terry, StormWater! Come into the light!
While I appreciate the sentiment NordiCat, my new avatar would probably be more appropriate, given Terry's grumpy personality....

Thanks all for the fun...especially to you SOV for all your hard work!
Looking forward to some explanations from SOV when it's all over, just so I can play better next time.

maul deyvn...... no..... maul soop....... no...... maul WTF......oh never mind
[SOV- names chosen totally at random]

Another one bites the dust!:claps: I like your point sooprnova, may be something to look into day 9. I have a pretty busy rest of the day but hopefully I will be able to check back in.

Thanks all for the fun...especially to you SOV for all your hard work!
Looking forward to some explanations from SOV when it's all over, just so I can play better next time.

Agreed!!!! It was a lot of fun while it lasted, and I am still really enjoying reading the saga as it continues.

My biggest regret is that I got suddenly busy right after I joined the game when I actually had time on my hands the week before... sigh... Hopefully next time there is a game I can join and actually be more involved!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooops, forgot the rest of my star brackets. Sorry.

I only pay the price of silence when I mate, but when I bought Liss back, there was no mating involved - I guess that's why SOV didn't PM me a silencing message.

I can't believe there are more wolves :scared:

This does sound very incriminating! I wonder how many are left, are they wolves? or are they hybrid doggies turned wolf, so someone once innocent that we may need to be in question of.

I hate to say this but, to bring someone back to the dead, what price do you think you have to pay? Lissarae didn't have to pay a price, but maybe graduatedly did?! I'm sorry fellow group member, but I am curious what you have to say?!

No hard feelings at all. I can understand why I can appear to be suspicious. LMMS did fool us for a bit before.

I'm just waiting for SOV to give me a role or something other than "dog in heat" :laugh:

Like I said in the previous post, I wasn't silenced when I brought Liss back because I hadn't mated with her (which would cost me a day of silence). I also can't do any mating until 13 days after the last mating period. However, there are no bitches for me at the moment, so I don't know what use I am to the pack. Again, probably another reason why wolves haven't attacked me. I figure they would rather try to take someone out who actually has powers that threaten them than a horny lonely dog :laugh:

Excellent, we got another wolf! And I got the notification late but thank you to whoever healed me earlier :)!

Anyway, this won't help figure out the next wolf but I have a suspicion that "those mysterious attacks from the sky" are from some sort of bird or bat non-canid player (or players). SOV mentioned that the details in each day's writeup are relevant. So far, they've revealed that a honey badger, a mountain lion, and a snake were players in the game.

I don't think it's wrong to think that there are more 'hidden' characters, given this statement from day 2:

Soon, the dogs unearth more interesting tracks to practice following, deer, and rats, and snakes, and cats, and more.

My guess is that the non-players who have posted are these mysterious characters. So far, 3 of them (CorporateFatCat, Trematode, and KayDubs) have turned out to be non-canid players. That leaves maybe 3 left... probably PetPony for sure since she's posted a lot, and maybe GellaBella and kakurubird since they've posted only a few times.

But I could totally be barking up the wrong tree. Any thoughts?

Also, this:
Then when I was attacked by Lissa she "swooped down"

Made me think of this:
[YOUTUBE]pukDzbhXD7Y[/YOUTUBE]

After the unanimous mauling of Krist, the pack should have had a peaceful night, but still a shadow loomed over them. These attacks “from above” weigh on their minds, and Krist’s ominous words still hang in the air… “I was not alone.” Sure Nyanko had dangerously unearthed a wolf, but how could there be more than 3. Surely that couldn’t be possible <Yes, it is possible, and stop calling me surely>.

There’s no use drawing it out, this night was like so many before in the past week in the forest. 2 attacks occurred. One from above caused another injury, and one from trees led to a death.

The death, sadly, of, once again, one of the battle hardened guard dogs who had defended their dogs so valiantly. So busy looking out for their pack, they seem blind and defenseless when it comes to defending themselves. Yes my four-legged friends, Sooprnova, who had been silenced defending its group more than any other, an Australian Cattle Dog of the herding group, was taken from this sanctuary prematurely. No healer was available to heal this wound, so poor Sooprnova is deceased.

There are 11 players left.

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla)
*** Maddiegirl (Lab)***
3- Graduatedly (Weimaraner)
**** LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever)****

Hound Group
.*** Lissarae06 (Bloodhound). The Ghost of Lost Love***
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur)
***Chebanse (greyhound)****
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound)

Working Group
***dyachei (Alaskan Malamute)***
*** Nordicat (Leonberger)***
***jemappellejane (Newfoundland)***
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky)

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin)
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
*** StormWater (Yorkie) ***
*** Psilovethomas (chihuahua)****
***** -Dino (Italian Greyhound)*****

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
2- that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier)
**** zoovet (Black Russian Terrier) *****
***squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier)***

Herding Group
*****krist (GSD)*******
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi)
3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd)
***sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog)****

It is Day 9
Please select a player to maul by 9:30 EST. A 6 vote plurality will end the life of another player as well.

Knew that was coming!

Hoooooooooowwwwwwwwl!!!!!!!!!

DHAM87B.jpg

My guess is that the non-players who have posted are these mysterious characters. So far, 3 of them (CorporateFatCat, Trematode, and KayDubs) have turned out to be non-canid players. That leaves maybe 3 left... probably PetPony for sure since she's posted a lot, and maybe GellaBella and kakurubird since they've posted only a few times.

I'm not sure what you're saying....if you're not on the player list, you're not a player and can't participate. Are you suggesting these characters are attacking? That doesn't jive with the rules of the game.

I'm sorry, sooprnova... it looks like whoever healed me should have waited :(

I think honey badger and things were jokes, also ;)

Yeah, I was suggesting that the non-players were attacking. I thought it was a joke, too, then I went through the daily writeups and found a few other things (like the "don't give a damn" attacker and the badger who just doesn't give a damn, hissing fight and mountain lion, etc.). Thought I'd throw the theory out there.

Oh, well. I'll blame it on pre-and-post-toxicology-exam-brain :oops:.

Am I the only guard dog left?!?! :scared::scared::scared:

Am I the only guard dog left?!?! :scared::scared::scared:

No, I'm still here, but now I feel really dumb for revealing myself when I though krist was the last wolf.

There were two attacks during the night so who else is injured? And does that mean 2 wolves left or since there may only be one wolf left can they attack multiple times a night now?:shrug:

No, I'm still here, but now I feel really dumb for revealing myself when I though krist was the last wolf.

There were two attacks during the night so who else is injured? And does that mean 2 wolves left or since there may only be one wolf left can they attack multiple times a night now?:shrug:

do you think anyone in your group could be a wolf? i.e. has kept you alive so you could protect them should they be attacked?

Maul that readhead

For sure. 100% wolf

do you think anyone in your group could be a wolf? i.e. has kept you alive so you could protect them should they be attacked?

If you're referring to me, since I'm the only one left, I can assure you I am not. I have my own Guard Dog and do not need a group guard. If I was a wolf, I would have taken sheepdog out right away in order to expose the rest of the group to attacks.

If you're referring to me, since I'm the only one left, I can assure you I am not. I have my own Guard Dog and do not need a group guard. If I was a wolf, I would have taken sheepdog out right away in order to expose the rest of the group to attacks.

Oops sorry WTF I didn't look at the list to see who was left! I don't think you're a big bad wolfie.

Good work heylodeb!!! That redhead was silent the day we couldn't decide who the bad guy was!!!

maul that redhead

Hold on one sec...just went back thru my PMs....heylodeb, I am assuming you are DVMDream's toy contact....I was informed that you were sniffing redhead last night, and you are silenced after finding a wolf for a day?

Maul that readhead

For sure. 100% wolf

Before I vote against the last remaining Terrier in my group can you give me any specifics as to how you know for sure she is a wolf? I don't even know your role, so you could just be protecting yourself as wolf. She has been assuring me all along she is not a wolf and so I just need something to go on before I blindly vote for her.

I was told that redhead was being sniffed by a sniffer in the toy group, and DVMDream was passing the info to me.

This was for the very last night cycle that we just had.

However, I was also told that after finding a wolf, the sniffer is silenced for a day...so...wait...how can you be posting this the very following day, heylodeb? I'm confused.....

Good morning! More like everyone mauled me in my sleep! :)

I had so much fun playing with everyone but knew I was done for in the end! Now I can't wait to see how the rest of the game unfolds! :D Now I'm off to join LMMS and Dyachei at the dead wolf's poker game!

Welcome to the table! And, believe me, this game is really something when you can just watch & not calculate every single move! Let's see what the doggies do now...:smuggrin:

I wasn't silenced a d I have no idea why. This is only my 2nd wolf finding (LMMS was sniffed by me).....maybe I got attacked that night and it was just a coincidence?

Either way. TRH is a wolf. You can kill me tomorrow of I'm wrong- I have no defense abilities besides other pack members.

Votes to: Maul
that redhead 3 (heylodeb, wtf, katie8)

Deadline in 3 hours, 9:30pm EST. or 6 votes.

No votes for the past 1.5 hours. Lame lame lame. So lame we need to do an ortho exam.

I miss all the PMs from heylodeb and DVMDream.

Just got into Portland and this is what I find? I'd like to know how we can trust Heylodeb in this scenario, since she mysteriously wasn't silenced after a sniffing. I've defended myself pretty well here and I haven't seen a DROP of information on Heylodeb. Anyone want to clarify this?

I wasn't silenced a d I have no idea why. This is only my 2nd wolf finding (LMMS was sniffed by me).....maybe I got attacked that night and it was just a coincidence?

Either way. TRH is a wolf. You can kill me tomorrow of I'm wrong- I have no defense abilities besides other pack members.

I wasn't doubting you, since I know you can sniff and have been correct before...I was just confused as to timing (and making sure DVMDream was relaying the correct info to me). No problemo sista ;)