Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol I'm on the verge of sending a PM to SOV to give me a role. I feel like a chump.

on another note, based on DVM's research i choose:
maul Devyn

I'm going to be on the road for the most part Friday, so I want to get a vote in first.

Members don't see this ad.

For throwing us too many curves and
having too many wolves.....

MAUL SOV

For throwing us too many curves and
having too many wolves.....

MAUL SOV

:rofl:
You're awesome, SOV. This has to take a huge chunk of time to organize!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I have an exam I have to get to so I will reply more after, but here are my thoughts...

First of all, I am a dog. I have been quiet about my role as in this game you are to trust no one (I did not even tell the terrier group) and I knew once I revealed it I would be a target for the wolves as it seems that is what happens. The only reason I did not vote for that redhead was because I was unclear on which way to go (I have been sick, studying, and my brain is a bit foggy) and that redhead is a very smooth talker.

I am the vet's puppy (hence why I changed my avatar to a SBT puppy from my original avatar of my adult SBT) - my role is as a healer. I healed StormWater twice and Cuit once. And I can only heal on even number days. I can only heal injured players not bring them back from the dead. If TT were to die, I would inherit her role. So there you have it...I am outed and I hope I don't get eaten by wolves now.

As for who to vote for now - the thing that is getting me is that SOV said something about conversion and so it is possible that there is a dog among us that has converted to a wolf or perhaps we had more than one (JMJ) hybrid in the pack.

SOV - said the one who attacked Nyanko was a good friend of hers - not sure if that means anything

Also WTF said this early on in the game -
I have been made aware of one other role when I became Alpha (because I had to give it up to become Alpha) though I will not divulge it's secrets publicly. Those who have this role may know what I am talking about. Let's just say that, when no one dies, conversion of a dog to a wolf is not the only thing that could have happened.
WTF - what does this mean? On the nights that no one died did a dog convert to a wolf or something else????

From the sounds of the storyline there is still more than one wolf left - perhaps 2 (wolfen kind)? From the looks of it so far we have had one wolf in each group. That leaves the hound & toy group without a wolf yet.

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla) - supposedly a guard dog, but odd voting habits
*2- Maddiegirl (Lab) - dead - dog
3- Graduatedly (Weimaraner) - mate - makes puppies
*4- LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever) - dead – WOLF

Hound Group
*1 - Lissarae06 (Bloodhound) - ghost dog - dead - dog
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur) - confirmed dog by that redhead
*3-Chebanse (greyhound) - dead - dog
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound) - guard dog

Working Group
*1- dyachei (Alaskan Malamute) - dead - WOLF
*2- Nordicat - dead - killer dog
*jemappellejane (Newfoundland) - dead - hybrid
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky) - guard dog

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin) - sniffer
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) – attack dog
*3- StormWater (Yorkie) - guard dog - dead
*4 - Psilovethomas (chihuahua) - dead - dog - stealth dog
*5 -Dino (Italian Greyhound) - dead - dog

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier) - vet's puppy (healer)
*2- that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier) – investigator – dead - wolf
*3- zoovet (Black Russian Terrier) - dead - dog - sniffer
*4-squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier) - dead - dog - guard dog

Herding Group
*1- krist (GSD) - wolf (confirmed by Nyanko) - dead
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi) - vet's dog - healer
3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd) - investigator of sorts
*4- sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog) - guard dog – dead

That would leave WTF, Sheepsdogpsu, & DVMdream as suspects if they are from those groups. Otherwise Grad is still an interesting candidate with no real role.

I started the game as a pack member with no role, but after WTF was chosen alpha I got a message from SOV telling me I had inherited the guard dog role.

Also WTF said this early on in the game -
I have been made aware of one other role when I became Alpha (because I had to give it up to become Alpha) though I will not divulge it's secrets publicly. Those who have this role may know what I am talking about. Let's just say that, when no one dies, conversion of a dog to a wolf is not the only thing that could have happened.
WTF - what does this mean? On the nights that no one died did a dog convert to a wolf or something else????

The role I was talking about was the Guard Dog. What I meant was, when do one dies, a successful defense by a Guard Dog was mounted. And yes, as we have seen, conversion can happen (remember the whole JMJ debaucle about how she could have been converted due to her role?). It is a common thing in the WW games played here, so I assumed it as a possibility.

The role I was talking about was the Guard Dog. What I meant was, when do one dies, a successful defense by a Guard Dog was mounted. And yes, as we have seen, conversion can happen (remember the whole JMJ debaucle about how she could have been converted due to her role?). It is a common thing in the WW games played here, so I assumed it as a possibility.

Then only question now is...

Was someone converted or were they a wolf to begin with?

And, Did they have to be a hybrid to be converted? It seems JMJ's role allowed her to choose if she wanted to be a dog or a wolf. I wonder if thatredhead's role of converter allowed her to convert anyone she wanted into a wolf.

Still not a lot of info to go on...

Since Grad's role really seems to be of no benefit to the rest of the pack and the rest of the pack seems to have roles of benefit well except those guard dogs that are left by themselves now (can only protect yourself, can you do that?) I am going to pick Grad because I have no other leads/ideas.

Maul Graduadetly

From the looks of it so far we have had one wolf in each group. That leaves the hound & toy group without a wolf yet.

Wolves are randomly assigned. There could easily be more than one wolf in a single group. Honestly, based on the Canine Good Citizen ploy, I don't know how well I can trust anyone is saying what their role is now....

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla) - 100% guard dog, has been sniffed (since heylodeb's role is now public)
*2- Maddiegirl (Lab) - dead - dog
3- Graduatedly (Weimaraner) - mate - makes puppies
*4- LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever) - dead – WOLF (Confirmed by heylodeb)

Hound Group
*1 - Lissarae06 (Bloodhound) - ghost dog - dead - dog
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur) - confirmed dog by that redhead
*3-Chebanse (greyhound) - dead - dog
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound) - guard dog, Role was picked up after WTF became alpha

Working Group
*1- dyachei (Alaskan Malamute) - dead - WOLF
*2- Nordicat - dead - killer dog
*jemappellejane (Newfoundland) - dead - hybrid
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky) - guard dog

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin) - sniffer
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) – attack dog
*3- StormWater (Yorkie) - guard dog - dead
*4 - Psilovethomas (chihuahua) - dead - dog - stealth dog
*5 -Dino (Italian Greyhound) - dead - dog

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier) - vet's puppy (healer)
*2- that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier) – investigator – dead - wolf (confirmed by heylodeb)
*3- zoovet (Black Russian Terrier) - dead - dog - sniffer
*4-squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier) - dead - dog - guard dog

Herding Group
*1- krist (GSD) - wolf (confirmed by Nyanko) - dead
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi) - vet's dog - healer
3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd) - dead- Took over stealth dog when psilovethomas died
*4- sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog) - guard dog – dead

That would leave WTF, Sheepsdogpsu, & DVMdream as suspects if they are from those groups. Otherwise Grad is still an interesting candidate with no real role.

Look above I added in all the information I have in purple. Still going to be suspicious of myself and WTF...after all we have communicated back and forth and helped to bring down...3 wolves and voted to bring down all 4 of them.... yup a smart wolf would instantly out their fellow wolves... makes NO sense for either of us to be wolves.

Since I heard of your role, vet's puppy, from my previous role, killler puppy, I am inclined to believe you... for now.

I think the hard part here is that anyone could have been converted...

Now we just have to get more clues to find out who.

Ok, this is a stretch, but.....redhead is a relative n00b to the game. If she had a conversion ability, she is probably going to pick someone close, someone in her group, because they will be the first people she thinks about and the people whose roles she may know. Based on this (and yes, it's half psychology and half a guess, but it;s all I got), my suspicions like with devyn.....however, I also agree with DVMDream on Grad.

Based on what we know (very little, unfortunately) these may be the best guesses. In addition, I don't think we can rule Katie8 and cuitzawhatsit completely, because they could have possibly been converted even though they were Guards. I assume they still must have still been required to perform their guard tasks. However, Guard dogs can refuse to defend one night. Perhaps they directed the wolves to attack other groups because they knew they had to defend; hence why their groups tend to have more people than others? They guarded perfectly well until conversion, and then directed things elsewhere? I could be barking up the wrong tree :laugh: but it's something to think about.

I'm sorry Grad, but I am starting to wonder what your role is. I got to thinking last night, what is SOV going to throw at us next. We have a the vet healer's "puppy" and "dog". So we know "little guys" can exist. Since you can mate, could there be another "bitch role" and could you have mated with a wolf?! Could there be wolf puppies that have now become full wolves?! I know this is a stretch, but my thought last night was wolf pups are sooo going to be the next twist.

However, I am intrigued by this from above and how Nyanko's attacker was a friend. Who was Nyankos friend?

I'm going to read through the thread, but starting at 11am (EST) I will be unavailable for 2-3 hours (hopefully less, but if you wonder why I'm silent that's why). I may post my vote before then, but if you guys find GOOD proof for graduatedly, I have to notify SOV I won't be defending or else she will live anyway.

My doggie brain is getting so confused!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry Grad, but I am starting to wonder what your role is. I got to thinking last night, what is SOV going to throw at us next. We have a the vet healer's "puppy" and "dog". So we know "little guys" can exist. Since you can mate, could there be another "bitch role" and could you have mated with a wolf?! Could there be wolf puppies that have now become full wolves?! I know this is a stretch, but my thought last night was wolf pups are sooo going to be the next twist.

However, I am intrigued by this from above and how Nyanko's attacker was a friend. Who was Nyankos friend?

I'm going to read through the thread, but starting at 11am (EST) I will be unavailable for 2-3 hours (hopefully less, but if you wonder why I'm silent that's why). I may post my vote before then, but if you guys find GOOD proof for graduatedly, I have to notify SOV I won't be defending or else she will live anyway.

My doggie brain is getting so confused!!!!!

The mauling is final, you can't guard from a mauling. Each time we choose to maul a dog that dog ends up dead... no matter what.

WHAT'S IN THE HOLE! I WANNA SEEEEE!

original_mountain_cur_895_11.jpg

this photo seems very incriminating WTF....definitely "from above".....buuut would SOV actually be that literal?

The mauling is final, you can't guard from a mauling. Each time we choose to maul a dog that dog ends up dead... no matter what.

ohhh I did not know that! well then that makes that problem easy

1) How do we know if devyn is telling the truth, or it just basing it off the fact we have puppies from another role (stealth/attack?). It sounds plausible, but after the CGC role gambit, I just don't know.

2). The thought of wolf puppies also crossed my mind, I mentioned it earlier....hrmmm...

Ok, gotta prep for seminar now....

Ok...this photo was posted WAY before the whole "attacks from above" came into play... this was like Day 1 or 2... maybe Day 3..

Um.... *I* posted that photo. And it was a joke. You're taking things WAY too seriously.

I guess my only point is SOV has already used people who aren't even in the game, sooo it could be a SOV thing to use things previously posted now....sigh this game is too complicated for me

however, I also agree with DVMDream on Grad.

So do I. I'm in class so I don't have time to go back through the thread or speculate much, but since s/he's been on my radar before I'm going to vote to maul Graduatedly for now.

Based on what we know (very little, unfortunately) these may be the best guesses. In addition, I don't think we can rule Katie8 and cuitzawhatsit completely, because they could have possibly been converted even though they were Guards.

I don't think we can rule out anyone completely... Role/past actions don't mean much if they were converted after the fact :/

Look above I added in all the information I have in purple. Still going to be suspicious of myself and WTF...after all we have communicated back and forth and helped to bring down...3 wolves and voted to bring down all 4 of them.... yup a smart wolf would instantly out their fellow wolves... makes NO sense for either of us to be wolves.

Since I heard of your role, vet's puppy, from my previous role, killler puppy, I am inclined to believe you... for now.

I think the hard part here is that anyone could have been converted...

Now we just have to get more clues to find out who.

I have been on your side all along DVMdream as zoovet said from the beginning you were a dog. That is the only thing she sniffed. I voted for WTF for alpha and I think she has been very forthcoming with info. The only thing that throws me off is why that redhead decided to pretend she had a role as an investigator and then said WTF was a dog - why not lie and say she was a wolf? :confused:

It is a wonder if Grad did mate with a wolf and perhaps made puppies - hybrids maybe? I had wondered that in the past, but just not sure who they would be.

Someone said something about needing to pick off the guard dogs first in groups to really get to the rest of the players - I don't remember who. So for remaining guard dogs - hmmmmm.... just a thought

I have been on your side all along DVMdream as zoovet said from the beginning you were a dog. That is the only thing she sniffed. I voted for WTF for alpha and I think she has been very forthcoming with info. The only thing that throws me off is why that redhead decided to pretend she had a role as an investigator and then said WTF was a dog - why not lie and say she was a wolf? :confused:

It is a wonder if Grad did mate with a wolf and perhaps made puppies - hybrids maybe? I had wondered that in the past, but just not sure who they would be.

Someone said something about needing to pick off the guard dogs first in groups to really get to the rest of the players - I don't remember who. So for remaining guard dogs - hmmmmm.... just a thought

Because if she lied, and then I was lynched and the truth came out, she would immediately be found out. By saying Ohhh look at me! I investigated WTF and she's a dog! (no **** Sherlock) she could add more support to her cause if I was killed by them or mauled.

I'm also on DVMDream's side. She's been absolutely positively honest with me, and has given me absolutely no evidence for conversion.

1) How do we know if devyn is telling the truth, or it just basing it off the fact we have puppies from another role (stealth/attack?). It sounds plausible, but after the CGC role gambit, I just don't know.
Here is the PM from SOV - maybe this will prove it better -
You are a vet's puppy. You were born in a great vet's house (he was a Pennwe of course). One day you may grow up to be a vet's dog, if the current vet's dog dies. If you grow up, I will explain your new role at that time.

Currently, you have the ability to heal someone who has been injured. You must figure out who is injured (they cannot respond on the thread or the PM).

You can only attempt this on even numbered days. If you attempt to heal a person who is not injured, you will be injured for a day during which you cannot PM or respond in the thread.

If you want to attempt to heal someone, you can PM during day or night, and they would be healed from that point forward.

Good Luck.

Also how did you think those dogs were being healed? by magic?! I can assure you it was me.

Votes to; Maul
Graudate 2 (DVMd, cuitl)
devyn: 1 (graduatedly)
SOV: 1 (stormwater)

4 votes or 9:30pm EST

A word of encouragement to wolves and dogs:
As many of you are playing this for the first time I just want to make 2 quick points:
1 - Whomever you choose to maul will be killed automatically in this game. But, I would say that it is not true in other WW games you play in the future. I have teased you in my descriptions, but there is no escaping the pack when they have their minds set on the kill. And there is no reviving a player that has been voted on to be mauled.

2 - More importantly, some of you seem a bit down and confused right now. Please know that is actually quite normal at this point late in the game. Don't despair. Just figure out what you can, and trust yourselves. Both sides have done really well and it is a toss up who will win. Keep the faith and keep on questioning!

All things will come clear in the end.

[/End pep talk]

Remember krist cleared my name with get cgc ploy as well. The wolves are trying to distract us. Ok off to work....

Here is the PM from SOV - maybe this will prove it better -
You are a vet's puppy. You were born in a great vet's house (he was a Pennwe of course). One day you may grow up to be a vet's dog, if the current vet's dog dies. If you grow up, I will explain your new role at that time.

Currently, you have the ability to heal someone who has been injured. You must figure out who is injured (they cannot respond on the thread or the PM).

You can only attempt this on even numbered days. If you attempt to heal a person who is not injured, you will be injured for a day during which you cannot PM or respond in the thread.

If you want to attempt to heal someone, you can PM during day or night, and they would be healed from that point forward.

Good Luck.

Also how did you think those dogs were being healed? by magic?! I can assure you it was me.

So the vets puppy can heal as well as the vets dog? You each pick one person a night or something? Argh, complicated. I cannot remember if nyanko actually had any abilities when she was stealth puppy, or if she had to wait for the stealth dog to die before she did anything.

So the vets puppy can heal as well as the vets dog? You each pick one person a night or something? Argh, complicated. I cannot remember if nyanko actually had any abilities when she was stealth puppy, or if she had to wait for the stealth dog to die before she did anything.

No - the vet's puppy can heal injured players, but only on even numbered days. The vet's dog can bring back players from the dead like StormWater & heylodeb, but then must rest for a day. Being a puppy I am not skilled enough to heal dead dogs, only injured ones, but I would inherit TT's role if something happened to her. According to TT earlier in the thread, she could not heal injured dogs.

The undying love of a bitch and her stud can do marvelous things, well besides making cute puppies that is.

I know this might be a stretch, but based on this posting from SOV with Lissarae was brought back from the dead, I think grad can make pups, and I think perhaps wolf pups, so my vote is for Grad. Sorry fellow group member :(

maul graduatedly

that being said, there HAS to be something in the "attacks from above" SOV, references them 5 times (launched from nearby tree, another attack from above, seemingly out of the sky, injured by attack from the sky, understood all these attacks from above). I just don't know how to interpret it

that being said, there HAS to be something in the "attacks from above" SOV, references them 5 times (launched from nearby tree, another attack from above, seemingly out of the sky, injured by attack from the sky, understood all these attacks from above). I just don't know how to interpret it

Yeah I do wonder if there is some morphing wolf that can morph into like a bird or something? Or if SOV has just placed in another random character in the mix. Has an attack from above ever killed a dog? I will have to go back and check.

I really believe that's the wolves are trying to distract the dogs and trying to waste a maul vote. I thought about it and realized that if a wolf was to attack me, they would injure Katie8 (if she chose to defend me) and the attack may not be successful AND they risk injuring themselves. There's too much on the line by just attacking me. However, it's a bettter option to cause a diversion by making me an easy target for a mauling and to take down another dog.

I really wish there was some way to prove my innocence other than my voting habits. dawgs, I did bring attention to LMMS by telling you all about the conflicting information I received from a PM. I have given every piece of information I have to you. Plus, because I can't PM anyone AND no one has indicted that they're a new bitch in the group, I haven't been able to mate. If you guys think I mated with a wolf, I would have been silenced - which has NOT happened.

I am worthy of your trust.

Just noting that if I do die, look at whoever was curiously interested in jumping on the mauling bandwagon

Votes to; Maul
Graudate 5 (DVMd, cuitl,katie8, wtf,devyn)

VOTING CLOSED>>>Plurality reached.

Now comes a moral dilemna. Do I dare to do a write-up of the day's events while at work? Maybe I should have you dogs vote on it in the meantime.

Votes to; Maul
Graudate 5 (DVMd, cuitl,katie8, wtf,devyn)

VOTING CLOSED>>>Plurality reached.

Now comes a moral dilemna. Do I dare to do a write-up of the day's events while at work? Maybe I should have you dogs vote on it in the meantime.
Do it!

And on the 10th day, the dogs did gather around and decide that fornication was evil. That the pack should regulate the sexual activities of its members, and that just by being studly you were suspect. Reproduction should be between a bitch and a stud only. Studs and wolves: forbidden. Studs and ghosts: most definitely evil and taboo and forbidden. Studs and anyone else: suspect.

So it came to pass, that Graduatedly, the only intact male in the pack was brought before the tribunal of adjudicating the sexual perversions of its members. The tribunal, being filled with only sexually frustrated castrated males, and spayed females, had no interest in hearing about the biological imperative to reproduce, or raging hormones, or boys being boys, or even "I took a vow of chastity when LissaRae died!". No, they saw his testicles and found him GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY... of being a male and all the horror that accompanies it.

So Graduatedly was to be mauled.

But wait...... he still has the love of LissaRae... the crazy-*ss bitch ghost of lost love and she will not permit it. LissaRae screams "NOBODY MESSES WITH MY BOY! NOBODY. I FORBID IT!!!"

But wait, the dogs say, weren't we just told that maulings cannot be stopped. Is SOV messing with us again? Why didn't we just vote to maul him?

Back to our story (these dogs really get a little out of control sometimes..). So LissaRae is ranting and screaming, but you know what? She is in doggie heaven now and really can't have any more effect or input on the dog sanctuary so we can just ignore her :laugh:.

So the pack had made their choice, and Graduatedly, the stud was mauled dead and free to finally join his true love for frolicking and fornication free of administrative interference.

There are 8 players left.

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla)
*** Maddiegirl (Lab)***
***Graduatedly (Weimaraner)****
**** LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever)****

Hound Group
.***. .Lissarae06 (Bloodhound). The Ghost of Lost Love***
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur)
*** Chebanse (greyhound)****
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound)

Working Group
*** dyachei (Alaskan Malamute)***
*** Nordicat (Leonberger)***
*** jemappellejane (Newfoundland)***
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky)

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin)
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)

*** StormWater (Yorkie) ***
*** Psilovethomas (chihuahua)****
***** -Dino (Italian Greyhound)*****

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
*** that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier)****
**** zoovet (Black Russian Terrier) *****
*** squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier)***

Herding Group
***** krist (GSD)*******
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi)
*** 3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd)
*** sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog)****

It is Night 10. Please send your PMs to me by 7pm EST.

Last edited:
And on the 10th day, the dogs did gather around and decide that fornication was evil. That the pack should regulate the sexual activities of its members, and that just by being studly you were suspect. Reproduction should be between a bitch and a stud only.
Sounds like Oklahoma

at least we can be together in heaven Grad!

Sounds like Oklahoma

at least we can be together in heaven Grad!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Together at last. Hey at least I can say I had Romeo and Juliet relationship in my lifetime lol. Btw dawgs, I'm a bitch when I'm human :cool:

&(**&3$! Sorry, graduatedly... Ugh, I have absolutely no idea now!

You really are sneaky, narrator. Diabolically devious.
An acute discovery: played this game at internship. Good old zoo & Flipadelphia.....;)

Darling doggies: Listen to the details. Or more specifically........yeah. Use 'dem peepers!

Whoops, just got back from class and it seems I have missed the mauling. The plurality is getting really low so I have a feeling the maulings will be quick from now on. Also I'm am going to be at THON starting this afternoon and throughout the weekend so hopefully I will have some chances to get on here.

Grrrrrrrr I'm sorry graduatedly :( this game is so hard!!