Drexel IMS? Work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeNa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two options right now. I can either work full time in a medicaly related job or I could go to the drxel IMS program. What do you guys think would be the best option for me? I have a ~3.55 GPA and a 25 MCAT (7vr,8ps,10bs). I just got accepted into the IMS program but I'm not sure which option would be ideal for me.

Members don't see this ad.

TeNa said:
I have two options right now. I can either work full time in a medicaly related job or I could go to the drxel IMS program. What do you guys think would be the best option for me? I have a ~3.55 GPA and a 25 MCAT (7vr,8ps,10bs). I just got accepted into the IMS program but I'm not sure which option would be ideal for me.
go through IMS, that will give you the best chances of gettng into medical school since adcoms can see directly your performance in medical school classes. people who work and research in medical fields are a dime a dozen when it comes to getting into medical school, but someone who gets their masters at an established SMP, who does wlel in medical school and earns their masters is certainly more attractive then doing a medically related job ,i might suggest you take the MCAT over again however, even with a IMS acceptance and a good performance in the classes, a 25 MCAT still will raise red flags, something the IMS is supposed to prevent.

Ya I agree definately retake the MCAT. The IMS w/ your GPA should be a great combo. I would do some medical work before the program starts to get as much medical experience as possible.