2023-2024 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOB98

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Re-applicant here. Wanted to create a new thread to connect with people applying to the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey! I planned to apply here in April. In a bit of a conundrum. January 27th test day and considering pushing back to late March. It's been a while since I last took the exam and my current score won't qualify. Curious if that might exclude me if I don't have my immediate scores back at application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I planned to apply here in April. In a bit of a conundrum. January 27th test day and considering pushing back to late March. It's been a while since I last took the exam and my current score won't qualify. Curious if that might exclude me if I don't have my immediate scores back at application.
Im also concerned about this. retaking MCAT March 24th so i wont have new scores back in time to submit. Might still try anyway

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, does anybody know when does the semester start? I cannot find the exact dates on the website. I am an OS applicant and if accepted I will need to relocate. Also, does anybody know a good area to search for apartments? I just want to get an idea of moving costs.

Hi, does anybody know when does the semester start? I cannot find the exact dates on the website. I am an OS applicant and if accepted I will need to relocate. Also, does anybody know a good area to search for apartments? I just want to get an idea of moving costs.
DPMS Classes to begin June 26th

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Does anyone know whether there will be another informational session?

Hi guys! Can anyone clarify for me how many letters of recommendation we need for the DPMS application? Feel free to break down the details of the required LORs. Thanks.

Hi guys! Can anyone clarify for me how many letters of recommendation we need for the DPMS application? Feel free to break down the details of the required LORs. Thanks.
I'm a current DPMS teaching assistant and a past DPMS student. I would encourage you to read all the details. Here is the website that lays out the requirements: How to Apply to the Drexel Pathway to Medical School - College of Medicine

Requirements:
Three letters of recommendation/evaluation are required: two letters from hard science (biology, chemistry, physics) professors who have taught you and one non-science letter (this letter should be written by someone in a supervisory position such as PI, supervisor from a volunteer commitment, a non-science professor, etc.)

Im also concerned about this. retaking MCAT March 24th so i wont have new scores back in time to submit. Might still try anyway
I'm a current DPMS teaching assistant and a past DPMS student. I think it's more important to have a score that fits within the deadlines, than a particular score since DPMS is broken into 2 different groups based on MCAT score.

ALL MATERIALS (INCLUDING MCAT SCORES) MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE BY APRIL 14, 2023.

Hi There!
I am a current DPMS student. As long as you have an MCAT score you should definitely complete an application! You can always email the coordinator with an updated score because acceptance letters are not typically sent out until late May to early June!
Best of luck with your application cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Wondering if any of y'all applied without 2 letters from science professors. I emailed the admissions office back in October and they said "Students have been reviewed and accepted without 2 hard science letters in the past." I have a letter from a bio professor and a grad school professor who taught a specialized med school course but it doesn't count as a "hard science" so I'm kind of worried on that front.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if any of y'all applied without 2 letters from science professors. I emailed the admissions office back in October and they said "Students have been reviewed and accepted without 2 hard science letters in the past." I have a letter from a bio professor and a grad school professor who taught a specialized med school course but it doesn't count as a "hard science" so I'm kind of worried on that front.
In the same boat rn! I think I read on the 2022 to 2023 forum that there have been students in the past cycles that have gotten accepted without 2 LOR from hard sciences so let’s hope!!

I'm a current DPMS teaching assistant and a past DPMS student. I think it's more important to have a score that fits within the deadlines, than a particular score since DPMS is broken into 2 different groups based on MCAT score.

ALL MATERIALS (INCLUDING MCAT SCORES) MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE BY APRIL 14, 2023.

Hi There!
I am a current DPMS student. As long as you have an MCAT score you should definitely complete an application! You can always email the coordinator with an updated score because acceptance letters are not typically sent out until late May to early June!
Best of luck with your application cycle!

Thanks for the feedback! I emailed Thelicia some weeks ago and she echoed something similar to @Allyssa411. It seems they're under no obligation to consider any materials submitted after deadline, which makes sense.

Still a tough situation for me, it's been years since I last sat for this exam but I do have a score. Not feeling great about the March 11th date and contemplating whether to cancel or take anyways. That'll reduce my re-take amount to 2 (!) remaining (sat for 1 wasn't able to cancel the 2nd sign up) and potentially add another unsatisfactory score.

Have you taken the MCAT before? I'm assuming you have, if so you might still be able to apply with no issues. But the March 24th scores may not be considered and if you don't have any other scores the application would be incomplete :confused:. I'm looking for clarification as to whether there is a year limit on MCAT scores we can use. It's been years since my last. Really confusing as last year the deadline was late April and included late March exams.

ALL MATERIALS (INCLUDING MCAT SCORES) MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE BY APRIL 14, 2023.He
Would you mind elaborating on the 2 different groups based on MCAT score? I haven't seen anything about that. Thank you!!

Would you mind elaborating on the 2 different groups based on MCAT score? I haven't seen anything about that. Thank you!!

One group only has to meet post-bac GPA requirements and another has to meet both post-bac GPA and MCAT re-take requirements to receive acceptance. I'm not sure what the MCAT cut-off is to be in the group that doesn't need to re-take.

One group only has to meet post-bac GPA requirements and another has to meet both post-bac GPA and MCAT re-take requirements to receive acceptance. I'm not sure what the MCAT cut-off is to be in the group that doesn't need to re-take.
Hi! I’m a current student and I was on the MCAT track (aka track 1).
In order for you to be on track 2 (the track that only needs the GPA requirement) you need to have an overall MCAT score of at least 499 with 123 or more on each section. Let’s say you have an overall 503 on the MCAT but you have a section with 122, you would be on track 1 (MCAT retake). Hope this helps!

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me :)

Hey Everyone! I know interview offers start in March, has anyone heard anything from admissions? Also for current students, when was your interview offer / when was the interview? Trying to decide if I should start studying for the CASPer test after my MCAT.

Hey Everyone! I know interview offers start in March, has anyone heard anything from admissions? Also for current students, when was your interview offer / when was the interview? Trying to decide if I should start studying for the CASPer test after my MCAT.
Hi. I'm a current student. I heard back the last week of April and scheduled my interview for May 9th. I would recommend prioritizing the MCAT.

Hi Jackie!
I am also a current student. I received my indication for interview mid March, and interviewed one week following the invitation to interview. I the recipe ever by acceptance at the beginning of June. Hope this helps!

DPMS is composed of two tracks:
Track 1 or the MCAT track provides student the Princeton review study classes and material so they can study and resist the MCAT to make the score required for making contract. Which AngieMed has listed above.
Track 2 or non MCAT track will take additional courses instead of completing the MCAT work. You typically sit three extra courses over the two semesters including, neurobiology of mental illness, immunology, and neuroanatomy. In these courses you must score at least a passing grade and meet all other contract requirements. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

For DPMS current students, when did you submit your application, and when did you get the interview invite?

Hey, I applied to this program back in October/November, since it’s March and they start sending out interviews this month, has anyone heard anything?

Hi Jackie!
I am also a current student. I received my indication for interview mid March, and interviewed one week following the invitation to interview. I the recipe ever by acceptance at the beginning of June. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! Did you take the Casper test after your interview then? I imagined it had to be completed prior.

Hi. I'm a current student. I heard back the last week of April and scheduled my interview for May 9th. I would recommend prioritizing the MCAT.
Thank you! That's very helpful :) I wanted to make sure I had enough time to mentally prepare for a potential interview.

For DPMS current students, when did you submit your application, and when did you get the interview invite?
Hi Jackie!
These were the answers I got to my similar question, hope that helps!

Hey, I applied to this program back in October/November, since it’s March and they start sending out interviews this month, has anyone heard anything?
I haven't heard back yet but people say they start receiving interview offers mid March

Hi everyone :) has anyone been marked as complete yet? or sent LORs via Interfolio? Mine are still saying incomplete so just wondering if anyone is in the same boat. tia!

Hi everyone :) has anyone been marked as complete yet? or sent LORs via Interfolio? Mine are still saying incomplete so just wondering if anyone is in the same boat. tia!
Just got marked complete today, sent in my last unofficial transcript (last thing I needed)! Fingers crossed!!

Hey everyone, quick question, it says on the website that students should have in the 25th percentile on the MCAT which is 492ish, but was wondering if people have gotten in with a lower MCAT score than this before? I am asking because I have a lower MCAT score and my retake date is in late April which does not help for meeting the deadline but I am really interested in this program! I know I am late but just knew about it recently! Thanks

Hey everyone, quick question, it says on the website that students should have in the 25th percentile on the MCAT which is 492ish, but was wondering if people have gotten in with a lower MCAT score than this before? I am asking because I have a lower MCAT score and my retake date is in late April which does not help for meeting the deadline but I am really interested in this program! I know I am late but just knew about it recently! Thanks
Hi there! I’m a current student and I’m in track 1 (MCAT retake). Even though I don’t know anybody that has gotten in with a score with less than a 490 (granted I don’t know every persons score), I would suggest still applying! Especially since you’re retaking.

Hi there! I’m a current student and I’m in track 1 (MCAT retake). Even though I don’t know anybody that has gotten in with a score with less than a 490 (granted I don’t know every persons score), I would suggest still applying! Especially since you’re retaking.
Thanks for your suggestions.
I don't quite understand this if you can clarify this point? how are you accepted into the program but need to retake your MCAT? I thought once they accept you in the program(which means you are good in terms of the MCAT score), you complete this one year's worth of courses and you are matriculated the following year into their MD program, am I right?

I'm a current DPMS teaching assistant and a past DPMS student. I would encourage you to read all the details. Here is the website that lays out the requirements: How to Apply to the Drexel Pathway to Medical School - College of Medicine

Requirements:
Three letters of recommendation/evaluation are required: two letters from hard science (biology, chemistry, physics) professors who have taught you and one non-science letter (this letter should be written by someone in a supervisory position such as PI, supervisor from a volunteer commitment, a non-science professor, etc.)
Any idea if I can submit old letters like the one I have used in my Interfolio for med school last year? Thanks!

I don't quite understand this if you can clarify this point? how are you accepted into the program but need to retake your MCAT? I thought once they accept you in the program(which means you are good in terms of the MCAT score), you complete this one year's worth of courses and you are matriculated the following year into their MD program, am I right?
From what I've seen in previous threads, there are two tracks, one for MCAT retake and one without, it is possible to get accepted below the MCAT requirement, you will just take an MCAT prep course instead of the other electives offered

In order to be accepted into the medical school you need to meet certain benchmarks within the program. Those benchmarks are a MCAT of 499 with a score of 123 or above on each section and a GPA of a 3.2 with no less than a C on any course.
There are students (like me) that applied with a less than a 499 or had less than 123 on a MCAT section. Those students are placed on track 1 were they have to retake the MCAT and score the 499 with a score of 123 or above on each section in order to matriculate into the medical school.

Disclaimer: those benchmarks can be changed any year.

Also, I think the you can submit the letters of rec from last year. For me, I submitted the ones I had gotten years before from my professors.

In order to be accepted into the medical school you need to meet certain benchmarks within the program. Those benchmarks are a MCAT of 499 with a score of 123 or above on each section and a GPA of a 3.2 with no less than a C on any course.
There are students (like me) that applied with a less than a 499 or had less than 123 on a MCAT section. Those students are placed on track 1 were they have to retake the MCAT and score the 499 with a score of 123 or above on each section in order to matriculate into the medical school.

Also, I think the you can submit the letters of rec from last year. For me, I submitted the ones I had gotten years before from my professors.
how is the MCAT track? I have a lower MCAT as well but am unsure if I should try to retake or not (if accepted)

Also, I think the you can submit the letters of rec from last year. For me, I submitted the ones I had gotten years before from my profesa
Thank you for clarifying that!

Hey everyone! I'm gearing up to apply but I was wondering how long y'all made your disadvantaged essay be? I know it's a limit of 5300 characters and mine is about half that but I wasn't sure if that was considered too short.

Hey everyone! I'm gearing up to apply but I was wondering how long y'all made your disadvantaged essay be? I know it's a limit of 5300 characters and mine is about half that but I wasn't sure if that was considered too short.
Mine is about 3700 characters. I don't think you need to come close to the 5300 characters. I think a shorter essay that is to the point is better than trying to fluff it up to reach the character count. Best of luck with the application cycle!!

Mine is about 3700 characters. I don't think you need to come close to the 5300 characters. I think a shorter essay that is to the point is better than trying to fluff it up to reach the character count. Best of luck with the application cycle!!
Awesome okay thats what I figured. Good luck to you as well!

@AngieMed I was wondering if you know about this concern: let's say I get accepted in this program and simultaneously get accepted into other medical schools to matriculate the following year(coz i dk what my new MCAT score will be, could be good to apply to medical schools directly without a postbac), do you have to complete the program and pay its full tuition or can you opt out and disregard their MD acceptance?

Basically, can you just opt out of their program whenever you want and just pay for whatever classes you have taken with them?or do they take the full tuition upfront, and now you are stuck with them? Thank you so much!

@AngieMed I was wondering if you know about this concern: let's say I get accepted in this program and simultaneously get accepted into other medical schools to matriculate the following year(coz i dk what my new MCAT score will be, could be good to apply to medical schools directly without a postbac), do you have to complete the program and pay its full tuition or can you opt out and disregard their MD acceptance?

Basically, can you just opt out of their program whenever you want and just pay for whatever classes you have taken with them?or do they take the full tuition upfront, and now you are stuck with them? Thank you so much!
Hey there,
I'm not too sure about this. If i am not mistaken, you pay for each semester similar to college.