Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all, I have an interview here next month. Which hotel do you guys recommend?

Hey Aqua,

There are lots of hotel options in Spartanburg. If you are flying in and don't want to hire a car, the Hampton Inn provides shuttles (at least they did last year). If you are driving, i would perhaps suggest looking on priceline and finding something that might be cheaper. I drove in to town for my interview and to try save money i stayed at the howard johnson. It wasn't the best, but was clean, comfortable and less than half the price of some of the bigger hotels.

Here is a link to some of the hotels that VCOM gets a discount on...

http://www.vcom.edu/visit/accommodations-carolinas.html

Good luck on your interview! VCOM is a great school! If you have any questions, let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Aqua,

There are lots of hotel options in Spartanburg. If you are flying in and don't want to hire a car, the Hampton Inn provides shuttles (at least they did last year). If you are driving, i would perhaps suggest looking on priceline and finding something that might be cheaper. I drove in to town for my interview and to try save money i stayed at the howard johnson. It wasn't the best, but was clean, comfortable and less than half the price of some of the bigger hotels.

Here is a link to some of the hotels that VCOM gets a discount on...

http://www.vcom.edu/visit/accommodations-carolinas.html

Good luck on your interview! VCOM is a great school! If you have any questions, let me know!
Thank you so much! I will definitely look around!

Any current VCOM students out there? I have a question for you.
Can you comment on how accessible the faculty are at the Carolina campus? So I am asking if it is easy to meet with them if you have questions or need any other help related to the class they teach.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current VCOM students out there? I have a question for you

My question is about the curriculum. I know the first 2 years are broken up into blocks, I was wondering how current students prepared for the COMLEX exam. My concern is that as I progress through the blocks I will become less familiar with the content covered in the earlier blocks. Is there a connection to previously covered blocks that I am not seeing? Or is it just the responsibility of the student to review before block 8?

Interviewed 10/12 and accepted 11/12. Deferred until class of 2018.
My Overall GPA was 3.52, Science 3.6, MCAT 20,23,23.
Tennessee Resident.
Biology degree. Had a year of ER scribe experience and year of Cardiology MA experience (going on 2 years now).

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

My question is about the curriculum. I know the first 2 years are broken up into blocks, I was wondering how current students prepared for the COMLEX exam. My concern is that as I progress through the blocks I will become less familiar with the content covered in the earlier blocks. Is there a connection to previously covered blocks that I am not seeing? Or is it just the responsibility of the student to review before block 8?

My question is about the curriculum. I know the first 2 years are broken up into blocks. Is there a connection to previously covered blocks so that you don’t forget the material in the 1st blocks?