FEU-NRMF Grads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fremitus

BRAIN DOC AND SHRINK
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just lookin' for graduates of FEU-NRMF.

Members don't see this ad.

cranium,

where you at now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the US applying for residency. anong batch ka? also here in the US?:)

cranium,

I'm here in the Phils. I'll be graduating this April. Are tou a Fil-Am, cuz I'm not. So where have you applied? What type of residency are you applying for? I'm still thinking about taking the USMLE. My whole family will be migrating there after my graduation. I don't know if I wanna stay here and practice or if I'm gonna follow them to the US and take my chances there.

Hello everyone, I am batch of 2002. Good luck to all of you

just curious... how are all the graduates from the philippines doing? are you all waiting for Match results? i just finished step 1. taking step 2 march 31st

don

st luke's 2003

how is it, problem based learning or spoon feeding learning? how many percent of the original batch graduate on their 4th yr? Does the premed course reall plays an important role in the medschool? And does it mean that if i dont have any bckground on chem and zoo (because i have totall forgotten everything ive learned from those subj) i would be definitely hard for me to survive? pls help

hellered said:
how is it, problem based learning or spoon feeding learning? how many percent of the original batch graduate on their 4th yr? Does the premed course reall plays an important role in the medschool? And does it mean that if i dont have any bckground on chem and zoo (because i have totall forgotten everything ive learned from those subj) i would be definitely hard for me to survive? pls help
1. Teaching style would not matter much for a motivated student(most schools have abandoned or modified their PBL). Studying HARD is a given as a medical student.
2. FEU was known to be "strainer" or "weeder", it used to be that only 1/4 of each batch (around 150) graduate. They have fewer incoming students lately (around 215-230) but it does not mean that it will be easy to graduate. Just make sure you are in the top 100 students and you'll be safe.
3. Pre-med plays a minor role although med techs have a slight advantage.
4. Med school is hard but you can survive if you put enough effort into it. It's a great equalizer as everybody will have a difficult time. Take some physio-anatomy course and see if you can tolerate it.

tantrum said:
1. Teaching style would not matter much for a motivated student(most schools have abandoned or modified their PBL). Studying HARD is a given as a medical student.
2. FEU was known to be "strainer" or "weeder", it used to be that only 1/4 of each batch (around 150) graduate. They have fewer incoming students lately (around 215-230) but it does not mean that it will be easy to graduate. Just make sure you are in the top 100 students and you'll be safe.
3. Pre-med plays a minor role although med techs have a slight advantage.
4. Med school is hard but you can survive if you put enough effort into it. It's a great equalizer as everybody will have a difficult time. Take some physio-anatomy course and see if you can tolerate it.

how hard is hard? :) how much is your average sleeping time in a week? and regarding the # of graduating students, do they just allow the top 100 of the batch for example to graduate or it depends on your grade?

in what way they became strainer or weeder, what might bethe factors that led them to be called this way?

hellered said:
how hard is hard? :) how much is your average sleeping time in a week? and regarding the # of graduating students, do they just allow the top 100 of the batch for example to graduate or it depends on your grade?

in what way they became strainer or weeder, what might bethe factors that led them to be called this way?
This is difficult to answer as each student is different. I usually try not to cram so I study almost every day. I get about 5-6 hours of sleep each day. I'm not sure about their policy but you still have to pass all their exams. You can PM a poster on another thread, hnerypaoho, who is a current student there. He posted under St. Luke's and UERM and Filipino med schools.

They use to be a big weeder since they used to accept a lot of first years (300-400) knowing they can only accomodate only a few by their clerkships (about 150). With less applicants nowadays, I doubt if they will kick-out a lot of students (it's financial suicide on their part) during their first 2 years knowing they will need a certain number of students. Most likely, the failing students will get some form of remedials or just delay some of them.

hey there fellow feu med grads/studs! hows feu nowadays? i'm glad that somebody revived this thread after i started it back when i was a clerk! phew! how time flies! just for you guys to know, right now i'm taking up my residency here at THE UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS HOSPITAL! im currently a first year resident in Neurology and Psychiatry. but regardless of where i am i still consider myself a full blooded tamaraw doctor!!!!! FEU MED ROCKS! anyway i wish everybody the best of luck and hopefully someday i'll be back there in my beloved University! but for now im a TAMARAW ROAMING AROUND IN A DEN FULL OF GOLDEN TIGERS!

DoktorBee here, saying Kumusta sa mga taga FEU-NRMF. I did my residency and Fellowship training at the University of Maryland-Baltimore.

DoktorBee here, saying Kumusta sa mga taga FEU-NRMF-batch 1990--IMPRIMIS of the 90's. I did my residency and Fellowship training at the University of Maryland-Baltimore.:hello:

DoktorBee here, saying Kumusta sa mga taga FEU-NRMF-batch 1990--IMPRIMIS of the 90's. I did my residency and Fellowship training at the University of Maryland-Baltimore.:hello:

doctorbee,
are you a filam? how did you able to take up your residency in the states? im an incoming first year at feu im. will it be also a good med school of choice if im planning to have residency in the states in the future?

doctorbee,
are you a filam? how did you able to take up your residency in the states? im an incoming first year at feu im. will it be also a good med school of choice if im planning to have residency in the states in the future?

uhhh...doc B...i think you would have better luck contacting FEU grads in a NURSING FORUM...

and to the incoming freshman: you will have LOTS of opportunities to train in the states, more so however if you study NURSING!

just a joke guys! :eek:

hehehe. my pre med was nusing... but i love md most!!!

ang galinggaling ng mga doctor!! :) :) :)...... doctors... simply d best!!!!

Angiostent, I applied for residency dito sa States in 1994-1995. Marami pang opportunities for IMGs (international Medical Graduates) during that time and the application requirement was not as complicated as now na meron nang kelangan na Clinical Skills Assessment na offered lang ata sa Philadelphia.
I passsed the USMLE 1 and 2, sent out inquiries and application materials to many many many teaching/training hospitals...got several interview invitations which I presented to the US Embassy to get a tourist visa---interviewed with 10-11 hospitals all over the US and "matched" to Univ of Maryland...may mga kasabayan din akong 3 Pinoy at Pinay sa residency program...DoktorBee:)

Hi,

Would you know any vhen rivera? Studying in FEU FERN 3rd year med student/intern?

Last edited: