Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has a Divergent game been done?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
:whoa:So, a small eternity has passed. I believe most of my co-mods have abandoned me at this point (@Escalla , @Cyndia , @Philliab ) but I really want to mod a game. It's been so long, I've undoubtedly forgotten how it's done:shifty: Seeing as dates are claimed, I could potentially run something before the next game is set to start (Dec. 15th) and once the current game is finished. But if there's a game to go that I missed, I'll wait til January (....or fall off the network again) when the time may be more appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

For those of you that focus only on the pre-vet forums for WW games, keep your eyes open for a large lounge game sign ups to pop up soon (will be posted way ahead of the actual start). Will start after Dec 15th, with the hope that many of you who can't participate due to school conflicts will be able to participate. Theme is OiTNB redux. It will be large and crazy. And you should do it.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all,

For those of you that focus only on the pre-vet forums for WW games, keep your eyes open for a large lounge game sign ups to pop up soon (will be posted way ahead of the actual start). Will start after Dec 15th, with the hope that many of you who can't participate due to school conflicts will be able to participate. Theme is OiTNB redux. It will be large and crazy. And you should do it.
Perfect timing. I want in.

Hey all,

Uhh, if I were you, I would take some time actually posting in the lounge and getting to know the people there.

They take ww way more seriously than we do here, and I don't think you realize what you are getting into attempting to do a game over there. Especially since NOBODY knows you. The first comments at this point are going to start with "who the eff is summerthelynx???" and "Is this a joke?"

Uhh, if I were you, I would take some time actually posting in the lounge and getting to know the people there.

They take ww way more seriously than we do here, and I don't think you realize what you are getting into attempting to do a game over there. Especially since NOBODY knows you. The first comments at this point are going to start with "who the eff is summerthelynx???" and "Is this a joke?"
Wildzoo is the one setting the game up there and I can assure you that most know who that is. And I know most of the lounge WWers that still play (at least in lounge games)

Wildzoo is the one setting the game up there and I can assure you that most know who that is. And I know most of the lounge WWers that still play (at least in lounge games)
doesn't mean it will go as you think it will. DVM isn't saying what she's saying to be mean

@dyachei @DVMDream We could always ask to see what kind of interest there is, right? I wouldn't be opposed to running the game over here if there isn't interest over there (though it's more STL's game than mine so that would be up to him), but I don't see how it hurts to try. I could be wrong though :)

Wildzoo is the one setting the game up there
Good to know :p

@dyachei @DVMDream We could always ask to see what kind of interest there is, right? I wouldn't be opposed to running the game over here if there isn't interest over there (though it's more STL's game than mine so that would be up to him), but I don't see how it hurts to try. I could be wrong though :)

Good to know :p
It isn't the interest that is the problem, WZ...you guys are missing the point about lounge games.

It isn't the interest that is the problem, WZ...you guys are missing the point about lounge games.
Oh no, I understand the point about them being more serious and everything. I thought you guys were making multiple points. Unless the seriousness wasn't the point either.

Oh no, I understand the point about them being more serious and everything. I thought you guys were making multiple points. Unless the seriousness wasn't the point either.
it's not just the seriousness. I honestly hope you have play-tested the game before you drop it in the lounge. They are much less forgiving over there. Most of the lounge crowd that would be up for a lighter game just comes here.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's not just the seriousness. I honestly hope you have play-tested the game before you drop it in the lounge. They are much less forgiving over there. Most of the lounge crowd that would be up for a lighter game just comes here.
Ok, I see what you mean.

Ok, I see what you mean.
1) Just make sure you have a thick skin.
There will be plenty of criticism, even if it is a good game - some of it deserved, some of it.......

Personally, I don't run games in the lounge. Having those players in pre-vet games has been enough angst for me. Just doesn't seem worth it. I still invite a bunch of them over (depending on how I feel about the game I designed) so that they have to be a little bit constrained a least.

2) they have strong stylistic differences with certain pre-vet game's tendencies. Anything that seems "fun" is taboo. I do this shiz for fun. So there is that.

1) Just make sure you have a thick skin.
There will be plenty of criticism, even if it is a good game - some of it deserved, some of it.......

Personally, I don't run games in the lounge. Having those players in pre-vet games has been enough angst for me. Just doesn't seem worth it. I still invite a bunch of them over (depending on how I feel about the game I designed) so that they have to be a little bit constrained a least.

2) they have strong stylistic differences with certain pre-vet game's tendencies. Anything that seems "fun" is taboo. I do this shiz for fun. So there is that.
We may not ťry to run it over there after all. Not sure what @SummerTheLynx decided.

I'm just hoping we can get enough people to sign up.

We may not ťry to run it over there after all. Not sure what @SummerTheLynx decided.

I'm just hoping we can get enough people to sign up.

I agreed with you last night lol :p. And yeah, that's the part that we are honestly most worried about...

honestly, you will get more people signing up in pre-vet than in the lounge.

My advice: If you want extra people from the lounge to come here and play, just send out invites to the players there, or have vets over here (devyn, dyachei, wtf, etc) ask them to play.

Last edited:
Because I will take every opportunity to say "This is my design"

Category A: Games that are ready to go

1. OitNB Season 2 - STL + WildZoo (December 15th)

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary

1. The Following (tv show)--hedgie

Category C: Games in some stage of development

1. Supernatural - swingnsave + gwen
2. Best of- SOV and Lissarae
3. Resistance Redux Not WW - Rojo
4. Portal - EC
5. ????? - Chillbo
6. '80's Sex Toys/Cartoons - Philliab + kaydubs
7. Avatar: The Last Airbender - kaydubs & Cyndia

Category D: Games in planning stage/conceptual

1. Walking Dead: Packen/LIS (08/07/2012)
2. Horse theme - Philliab + EC
3. Super Mario Bros: EC + Zany
4. The Colony -Trema
5. Firefly - wildcatj + LIS
6. Mystery Theme - LIS + dyachei
7. Disney Redux - Philliab and DVMD
8. Jurassic Park Redux - cuitlamiztli + DVMD
10. Indiana Jones- Devyn and DVMD
12. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD + Escalla
13. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
15. A Series of Unfortunate Events - EC and Lupin
17. Lonely Island - rojo
18. ?????????????? - Escalla & kaydubs
19. Immunology WW - Lissa and DVMD (writing credits to SOV as well from last year).
20. WW Mental Hospital - SnS, Lupin, and Dy
21. Kingdom Hearts - Ashgirl and Gwen
22. RWBY- Gwen and Ashgirl (noobs be getting adventurous )
23. The Dark Tower - Philliab + WildZoo
24. Wheel of Time - Cyndia, WL, and Ashgirl
25. BioShock - MadZoo
26. Once Upon A Time Redux - BI + DVMD - COMING SOON
27. Christmas Theme - WildZoo + Gwen (Christmas 2014)
28. Hannibal - WildZoo

Taking myself off the Christmas game because I'm lame and have no time

1. OitNB Season 2 - STL + WildZoo (December 15th)

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary

4. Portal - EC
5. ????? - Chillbo

4. The Colony -Trema
17. Lonely Island - rojo
19. Immunology WW - Lissa and DVMD (writing credits to SOV as well from last year).
25. BioShock - MadZoo
27. Christmas Theme - WildZoo
28. Hannibal - WildZoo

Has no one suggested Welcome to Nightvale yet?

enhanced-buzz-8130-1376676021-8.jpg

Eventually I am going to put together a very complex either 1) Forgotten Realms/D&D or 2) Warcraft one.....if I can ever find the time. I can't half-ass a WTF WW. I'd probably run it in the Lounge but would give people here a heads up.

Reactions: 4 users

27. Christmas Theme - WildZoo + Gwen (Christmas 2014

4. Portal - EC
5. ????? - Chillbo

4. The Colony -Trema
17. Lonely Island - rojo
25. BioShock - MadZoo
28. Hannibal - WildZoo
29. HIMYM - STL

I am currently reading the three books of His dark materials. It includes the golden compass, the subtle knife and the amber spyglass. I was thinking I could.make one really good ww game from this series of books, I could have lots of roles and lots of items. I was also thinking of making an avatar based ww, but I am not sure I could give everyone a role with that theme. Those are two ideas I currently have but nothing set in stone.
Dragging up a post from an old game thread, but DVMD I was wondering if you ever ended up making a game based on His Dark Materials? I feel like that would make a really cool game. I love those books :D

Dragging up a post from an old game thread, but DVMD I was wondering if you ever ended up making a game based on His Dark Materials? I feel like that would make a really cool game. I love those books :D

No, I didn't. I still haven't gotten around to finishing reading those books.

I am interested in co-modding a game in the future. I've never been a mod before, but I'd like to be on the other side of a game. Let me know if you could use a hand!

I am interested in co-modding a game in the future. I've never been a mod before, but I'd like to be on the other side of a game. Let me know if you could use a hand!
If you want to help on HIMYM, I would be happy to take you on. Just not sure if you are a HIMYM person or not.

@WildZoo , if you want to do a HDM WW, I have the books and can re-read and help out!

thanks a lot you guys now I'm hooked on HIMYM
18 episodes in this weekend lol

Reactions: 3 users