Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
SOV and I are still at the first sentence for ours, so until we both get some time freed up, a release date cannot be determined. Don't know that I need to be doing anything for the next two weeks anyway besides digging out of the "I just don't have it in me to care right now" to finish these looming finals.

SOV and I are still at the first sentence for ours, so until we both get some time freed up, a release date cannot be determined. Don't know that I need to be doing anything for the next two weeks anyway besides digging out of the "I just don't have it in me to care right now" to finish these looming finals.
Go Lupes!!!

And I don't have set plans for a launch for a speed WW. I have my weekends off for my upcoming rotation so I need to schedule appropriately :) Otherwise, I'll dust off my old ideas and make them work.

Couldn't join the last one cuz almost finals but I think I've stalked enough threads to take a stab at playing now :p looking forward to another game starting sometime.

I'd be interested in speed, but it would depend on the day and time.

Also in about two weeks my schedule is essentially free for the summer so I might go back to working on one of my actual games then and try to start it at the beginning of June if any of my co-mods are free?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm up for speed whenever, just graduated so I'm free for a while.

Also, @Mad Jack and i are working on something quite special... by which i mean I have once again become involved in nurturing the brainchild of one of my crazy friends ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Category A: Games that are ready to go
????

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary

1. The Following (tv show)--hedgie

Category C: Games in some stage of development
1. Supernatural - swingnsave + gwen
2. Best of- SOV and Lissarae
3. Resistance Redux Not WW - Rojo
4. Portal - EC
5. ????? - Chillbo
6. '80's Sex Toys/Cartoons - Philliab + kaydubs
7. Avatar: The Last Airbender - kaydubs & Cyndia

Category D: Games in planning stage/conceptual
1. Walking Dead: Packen/LIS (08/07/2012)
2. Horse theme - Philliab + EC
3. Super Mario Bros: EC + Zany
4. The Colony -Trema
5. Firefly - wildcatj + LIS
6. Mystery Theme - LIS + dyachei
7. Disney Redux - Philliab and DVMD
8. Jurassic Park Redux - cuitlamiztli + DVMD
10. Indiana Jones- Devyn and DVMD
12. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD + Escalla
13. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
15. A Series of Unfortunate Events - EC and Lupin
17. Lonely Island - rojo
18. ?????????????? - Escalla & kaydubs
19. Immunology WW - Lissa and DVMD (writing credits to SOV as well from last year).
20. WW Mental Hospital - SnS, Lupin, and Dy
21. Kingdom Hearts - Ashgirl and Gwen
22. RWBY- Gwen and Ashgirl (noobs be getting adventurous )
23. The Dark Tower - Philliab + WildZoo
24. Wheel of Time - Cyndia, WL, and Ashgirl
25. BioShock - MadZoo
26. Once Upon A Time Redux - BI + DVMD
28. Hannibal - WildZoo
29. His Dark Materials - WildZoo + Gwen
30. Star Wars III - Zensing + Lupin21

Members don't see this ad :)
I will probably not be on when it goes up, so if someone can sign me up, that would be amazing :)

You are talking about speed WW, right?

You are talking about speed WW, right?
Nah, I'm leaning away from speed FTM. Just gotta finish up stuff from my LAST rotation (life aka coughcryptocough got in the way) and make sure my 2 cases are done for Thursday. I'll look to post sign ups in the next day or so. I'm debating about theme and cap number. I may just fly by the seat of my pants....

Can you please save me a place, too? I'm going to be driving a lot the next few days but I should be active after :).

Hello guys.

If I'm posting this in the wrong place or if this is an unwanted post, I apologize and please of course feel free to delete it, but I'm very much hoping this will be interesting to you.

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 2

In 2013-2014 I hosted a Mafia Championship that featured more than 100 different players from more than 45 different mafia communities. Each community chose their best player to represent them and they battled it out. The best players from the initial games advanced to a finale game where an ultimate winner was decided. The event was endorsed and supported by the creator of mafia himself (Dmitry Davidoff) who even offered to have a private chat with the ultimate winner. Overall it was a huge success and spawned many cross-over games between sites.

I am hoping that you guys will want to participate in season 2 :)

If you are interested, I need one representative to play on behalf of Student Doctor. How you decide this representative is completely up to you.

Now, this part is important: You should of course be aiming to send one of your best players. But more important than that, that person needs to be able to participate adequately in terms of activity. Be prepared for up towards 500 posts (and potentially even more than this) per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. More on the game format below.

The current plan and what's happened so far in season 2

This was the original plan for season 2:

• 65 different communities will be represented.
• 1 player per community for the entire season.
• 5 qualifying games will be played with 13 players each.
• 2 players advance to the finale from each game based on post-game votes.

This has now been slightly altered: Game 5 is currently ongoing, but we've decided to add a Game 6 in which 5 new communities (hopefully you are one of these) will join, bringing us to 70 communities represented in total. We are doing this because I was late to discover your community and a few others that I totally think should be represented. The 8 remaining spots in this game will be wildcard spots from the first 5 games - players who are given a second chance. From this game 3 people will advance to the finale, giving us our 13 players for the finale.

Game setup

The game will have a very basic mafia setup: 3 mafia members, 9 vanilla townies and 1 cop. The cop starts the game with a random vanilla townie peek. Roles revealed upon death.

Some communities are not very used to playing basic setups like this, but for the first season, we utilized a setup with a good share of power roles, so this time around we are trying something new. For season 3 we will switch it up again.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends). In other words, 3 game days per week. This means the game will last a maximum of 2 weeks.

Timeline and dates

The first qualifying game was played back in April and we're now on Game 5, which is currently ongoing and will finish within a week.

Game 6 - the one that your representative (if you choose to participate) would be playing in - will start June 15th. If your representative advances to the finale, he/she should expect that game to probably start July 6th or July 13th, though a Doodle will be sent out to check the finalists' availability.

Relevant links

List of the participating communities

And here are links to the game threads from this season:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5

500 posts in 24 hrs...

3CFcHZU.gif

500 posts in 24 hrs...

I think we only have one that could reach that level of posts.
you don't post 500 times... just have to read 500 posts I would assume.

I can't imagine how "SDN" could agree on a player.
In the past I would just send nutmeg, but he kind of flaked last game.

you don't post 500 times... just have to read 500 posts I would assume.

I can't imagine how "SDN" could agree on a player.
In the past I would just send nutmeg, but he kind of flaked last game.

500 posts is a lot to read in 24 hours. I am not sure anyone on SDN would have time for that, but maybe someone does? :shrug:

But then I would have no idea who and who would be best to send.

It is admittedly a lot and I would understand if nobody from your community would be able to fulfill the activity requirements - there have also been a few other communities that had to drop out because of that.

If you want to get a feel for how the games might go (both pace- and style-wise), you can click through on the links.

That's only what...10 SDN pages per day? Lol.

Thanks for correcting me, SOV, I was laughing to myself with posts though :p

I nominate @WildZoo because she is the obvious choice of the only one here often enough nowadays. :p
Aw, I feel so loved, but also I'm a terrible player :laugh:

Maybe in an "all-star" game being a terrible player could be an advantage. No one would suspect you are a terrible player, so you would be so it would be so unpredictable.

Not to mention in such a plain vanilla game, against people who you have no history on, I am not sure how much skill is involved.

Maybe in an "all-star" game being a terrible player could be an advantage. No one would suspect you are a terrible player, so you would be so it would be so unpredictable.

Not to mention in such a plain vanilla game, against people who you have no history on, I am not sure how much skill is involved.
I'm not gonna lie, I have the time, so if no one else wants to do it, I'm game

That's unfortunate :(

I'll give you guys another day to see if there would be any others willing to volunteer. Not that you'd need a specific representative finalized by then, but I'd just need to know if you'd even be able to send anyone - otherwise I need to find a different site to fill up the spot with enough time to go before the game, I hope you understand :)

@DocEspana do you have time to be our SDN champion? I know this would satisfy your ego! Are you willing to sacrifice every waking non-medicine minute of your life at the chance to be the champion of champions?

@Nutmeg will you come out of retirement for the ultimate challenge?

@DocEspana do you have time to be our SDN champion? I know this would satisfy your ego! Are you willing to sacrifice every waking non-medicine minute of your life at the chance to be the champion of champions?

No idea what this entails, but I'd probably be in.

No way. Last game killed me on WW, and I'm in one of the busiest months of my life, with a need to wrap up a job and move and all. Thanks but no.

If you all will have a megalomaniac like me, that is.

Plus I've played old school bare bones mafia for a full decade now. It's where I'm most comfortable.

Reactions: 6 users