GEMS Georgetown 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted today!! phewww... Now let the waiting begin...

When did they say we're supposed to hear back for interviews again?

Previous threads had interview calls starting on April 8th!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
My application still says "Submitted". Is there anybody else whose application says "Under Review"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all.

My application also says submitted but knowing my application was complete, I emailed the admissions dept regarding the status of my application and they informed me that my app is under review and that my online status would change after they made the final recommendation. This was last week.

Reactions: 2 users
Also got the complete/ forwarding for review email today

I got an official email regarding app under review and complete as well.

Did anyone receive interview calls?? Ahh mine still says submitted!

nope, mine also still says submitted so don't worry! The office must be busy because I sent them an email and they opened it but they didn't respond.

In the past, interviews were coming out April 10th. Ahhh so anxious!

Members don't see this ad :)
How does this process go? Do they call and give an initial interview over the phone or just call to inform you of your interview date and time? Thanks in advance.

If I'm not mistaken the interviews are given out in person and the calls are only to verify which day you'll be going to. I think interviews are given both the last Monday of April and the first Monday of May. I could be wrong but I feel like I read it on the website under one of the attached documents before.

How does this process go? Do they call and give an initial interview over the phone or just call to inform you of your interview date and time? Thanks in advance.

If I'm not mistaken the interviews are given out in person and the calls are only to verify which day you'll be going to. I think interviews are given both the last Monday of April and the first Monday of May. I could be wrong but I feel like I read it on the website under one of the attached documents before.

Yeah, I think you're right. I read the same thing. Just didn't know if the calls were also part of the interview or just a notification. Hopefully everyone hears back soon.

Interviews are both Mondays April 20th and May 4th per their website. So Im sure those invited to interview will be notified in the next few days.
Good luck to all of us!

Reactions: 1 user
II today via phone call!!!!

I got a phone call today

I never received the official complete email D:

Also to those who received interview calls, congrats! Where do you guys live?

I never received the official complete email D:
Yeah, I don't know why they did that...either they are really far behind or we got flat out rejected. Somebody from the GEMS cohort this year said the same thing happened to him and he told me to just be patient. So don't stress! If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, it wont :). No matter what path we take, we will all get there! All rivers lead to the same ocean; we will all be doctors if we keep cruisin down the stream.

I feel like I read somewhere in the past threads that they contact out of state or people who love farther away first to schedule their interviews. Then local applicants usually have to be more flexible. Or I may have been hallucinating while reading the threads lol

Yeah, I don't know why they did that...either they are really far behind or we got flat out rejected. Somebody from the GEMS cohort this year said the same thing happened to him and he told me to just be patient. So don't stress! If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, it wont :). No matter what path we take, we will all get there! All rivers lead to the same ocean; we will all be doctors if we keep cruisin down the stream.

I never got the complete email either... hmmm... Either way, Congrats to those who received an II. You genuinely deserve a spot if you have been invited to interview!

Hey, Congrats!!!! I hope you make it all the way!
If possible, can you tell us your submission dates? I just want to know if they contact based on submission time or if its totally random.

Thanks and CONGRATS again!!!

March 8 submitted

March 8 submitted
Hey, follow up question. Does the March 8 date include the recommenders submitting their part as well? Because I submitted on March 10th, but one of my recommenders didn't submit until the 25th so just wondering. Thanks again.

Hey, follow up question. Does the March 8 date include the recommenders submitting their part as well? Because I submitted on March 10th, but one of my recommenders didn't submit until the 25th so just wondering. Thanks again.

Did you receive the "complete" email yet?

Did you receive the "complete" email yet?
Yeah, I received one on the 2nd, it stated that my application is complete and is "being forwarded to the committee for review" but I never got anything stating "under review" like Love4many did so was just curious. have you received a complete email? when did you submit?

Yeah, I received one on the 2nd, it stated that my application is complete and is "being forwarded to the committee for review" but I never got anything stating "under review" like Love4many did so was just curious. have you received a complete email? when did you submit?

I have not. I sbmittted the 23rd, and my last LOR was sent in the 25th.

I have not. I sbmittted the 23rd, and my last LOR was sent in the 25th.
Not to worry, I'm sure you'll get it soon. It might be based on the submission of the application. I submitted on the 10th. It's not like you submitted it past the deadline, they will send one out sooner or later. Good luck to you!

Not to worry, I'm sure you'll get it soon. It might be based on the submission of the application. I submitted on the 10th. It's not like you submitted it past the deadline, they will send one out sooner or later. Good luck to you!

Thanks Man! You too!

I received a complete e-mail on 4/2 but my app still says "submitted", and not "under review". Lol time to drive ourselves neurotically crazy

I'm also coming from CA and my date is also May 4th so looking forward to meeting you both (KD and love4many). Also, I never received a 'complete' or 'under review' email so I truly think they got behind. My application was submitted a couple days before the deadline after both recommenders had submitted their letters. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone from the east coast heard back?

I received a complete e-mail on 4/2 but my app still says "submitted", and not "under review". Lol time to drive ourselves neurotically crazy
Lol u guys, what have I caused oh my my application was submitted and I got an email that said under review guys my status in the application portal didn't change oh my

Lol u guys, what have I caused oh my my application was submitted and I got an email that said under review guys my status in the application portal didn't change oh my
lol, oh ok. thanks for explaining. I guess I was confused. Was your "application complete" and "under review" emails the same email or did you get two separate email?

I submitted early march, but my last recommender did not submit until a couple days before the deadline. Received the complete email like4/2. Good luck guys cant wait to meet the may 4th peeps!

Sweet what part of Cali?! Stalking past threads I saw that interviewees got together the day before the interview and I'd be down to do that! We can wait until everyone hears back before we organize this if people are interested! :)

Sweet what part of Cali?! Stalking past threads I saw that interviewees got together the day before the interview and I'd be down to do that! We can wait until everyone hears back before we organize this if people are interested! :)
LA (culver city). I'd definitely be down for that! What part are you coming from?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,
For those who got the interview. Did they ask for preference date or did they just inform you that it would be May 4th?