GEMS Georgetown 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from the east coast heard back?
lol, yea I know, its weird. I guess maybe they are trying to contact people who are further away first. Probably trying to give them time to buy coats and sweaters for the weather here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
lol, yea I know, its weird. I guess maybe they are trying to contact people who are further away first. Probably trying to give them time to buy coats and sweaters for the weather here.
I'm from NY

Hi everyone! If you have beens scouring the past threads you may have seen my previos posts...I try to check SDN this time of year to see what people are talking about! I am a current M2, former GEMS...congratulations to those of you that have alerady heard back for an interview! To everyone else BE PATIENT and if you are freaking yourself out, then get off SDN!!!!! If you have any questions for me I would be happy to answer them!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know approximately how many people get interviewed?

Thank you... And how many did you have in you class? Do you remember?

I got that, I meant how many people got accepted out of the 50-52 interviewees.

Both my friend and I submitted our applications on the same day, march 23, within the same hour, he got a "complete" email on 4/2 and I didn't. Neither of us got an interview invite

Both my friend and I submitted our applications on the same day, march 23, within the same hour, he got a "complete" email on 4/2 and I didn't. Neither of us got an interview invite
yea I submitted on march 23rd too. maybe they didn't send anything out today yet...Perhaps Monday...sigh

Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading last years thread, it seems like the committee tells those they invite for an interview not to tell anyone. Maybe they gave more interview invites but some people just don't want to tell... Has anybody gotten an April 20th invite? If nobody else has gotten an interview invite, then maybe there is still some hope for next week :/

I was reading last years thread, it seems like the committee tells those they invite for an interview not to tell anyone. Maybe they gave more interview invites but some people just don't want to tell... Has anybody gotten an April 20th invite? If nobody else has gotten an interview invite, then maybe there is still some hope for next week :/
When I got the call I wasn't told not to say anything, but maybe that was just my call. I did see that in the previous years they were told that

When I got the call I wasn't told not to say anything, but maybe that was just my call. I did see that in the previous years they were told that
I wasn't told not to say anything either

II yesterday evening via call for April 20th.

I submitted the 23rd, and was worried about never receiving a complete and/or under the review emaIl. I guess it doesn't really mean anything.

Reactions: 3 users
I received an II call on Thursday for May 4th. I didn't receive an under review email either.
I'm from CA btw.

Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday evening via call for April 20th.

I submitted the 23rd, and was worried about never receiving a complete and/or under the review emaIl. I guess it doesn't really mean anything.
Congrats! (You too JN). Also to those that got the interview invite, have you all received any subsequent emails?

Hi, Congrat to all of you who got the interview invitation. Was the phone call displayed as an unknown ID?

Thanks guys.

No, mine was a regular 202 number. But I have this caller id app so I saw Georgetown on my screen when they called ... lol

also, I was told on the phone call that I will receive an email with information, but I haven't gotten anything yet, I assume we are suppose to go to the Gtown med school campus, but no specifics on what building or where to go.

They said they would email within the next days. So we should get an email next week.

I also received an April 20th interview. Before we get the info e-mail...has anyone started looking for places to stay?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an II for April 2oth too and no email as of yet. I'm driving down from CT on Sunday and still trying to decide where to stay. I was considering Georgetown Hotel but I hear that they are not exactly flexible with check in/check out times. Air Bnb is another option I suppose.

I received an II for April 2oth too and no email as of yet. I'm driving down from CT on Sunday and still trying to decide where to stay. I was considering Georgetown Hotel but I hear that they are not exactly flexible with check in/check out times. Air Bnb is another option I suppose.

Watch out for parking tickets. DC police does not play!

Sounds like a lot of people have heard back by now. Is there still hope for those still waiting?

Im from NYC, do you suggest I drive or take a bus? Meaning is parking really bad?

Parking on DC streets is as bad as parking in NYC. But You can definitely drive and park in one of the parking garages close by and pay the daily fees... it's only for a day.

I was wondering about the parking situation myself. I don't want to start my morning flustered and annoyed trying to find a parking space (on top of having dealt with early morning DC traffic), and not to mention I'm absolutely terrible at parallel parking in tight spaces:uhno:. I found a place on AirBnb that I may be staying at that is 7 miles away so I may have to drive. Does anyone know what the rate typically is for daily parking around there? The last thing I need is to walk outside to a towed car:laugh:. It's a looonnggg way back to Connecticut lol.

How close to campus are you guys staying?

I was wondering about the parking situation myself. I don't want to start my morning flustered and annoyed trying to find a parking space (on top of having dealt with early morning DC traffic), and not to mention I'm absolutely terrible at parallel parking in tight spaces:uhno:. I found a place on AirBnb that I may be staying at that is 7 miles away so I may have to drive. Does anyone know what the rate typically is for daily parking around there? The last thing I need is to walk outside to a towed car:laugh:. It's a looonnggg way back to Connecticut lol.

How close to campus are you guys staying?

There is a parking garage on Georgetown's campus. I believe you do have to pay for it but at least you don't have to worry about your car getting towed. Lol I would look it up on the Georgetown website for parking rates.

Last edited:
For anyone else driving to campus, per the Georgetown website, "A limited number of daily parking spaces are available in the Southwest Garage and can be accessed via the Canal Road entrance."

Parking is $3/hr or $20/day

Has anyone from DC or VA received an interview? I wonder if they have finished interview invites. Has anyone received a rejection letter yet? I think it was around this time. :/

Just checked last years thread--people received rejection letters starting April 14th. AHHH.

Has anyone from DC or VA received an interview? I wonder if they have finished interview invites. Has anyone received a rejection letter yet? I think it was around this time. :/

I live in the DC area.

This is an email I just got from them:

Thank you for your email for status updates. The GEMS Admissions Committee is still reviewing "completed" applications for possible interview. Please remain patient.

Good luck to all who have interviews tomorrow! Be confident, you'll be fine.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok the suspense killing me people lol, how was it?! I've read in previous treads they try to create a nice familial, community vibe during the interview day.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an interview in the past week? Hopefully more interview calls will be made next week? Kind of losing hope here.

Did anyone get an interview in the past week? Hopefully more interview calls will be made next week? Kind of losing hope here.
I guess we just have to remain patient and hope for the best. I'm in the same boat as you are.

I know how you all feel...I actually got screwed because Georgetown sent me a rejection email saying my application was incomplete...However; I sent them a letter showing them an email they sent me confirming all supplemental materials were sent. My application was then forwarded for the committee to review but I think the whole mishap shot my chances of getting an interview before the second interview date...

I know how you all feel...I actually got screwed because Georgetown sent me a rejection email saying my application was incomplete...However; I sent them a letter showing them an email they sent me confirming all supplemental materials were sent. My application was then forwarded for the committee to review but I think the whole mishap shot my chances of getting an interview before the second interview date...

Hey VitalBean, I'm sorry to hear about the mixup with your application. I understand how it can be discouraging, but let me reassure you, if your application fits what the GEMS committee looks for, they will contact you for an interview. I say this because I went for the interview on the 20th of April and the committee and students are amongst the best people I have ever met. They are very caring and very supportive. The last thing I would ever think of them is that they would not give an applicant a fair chance, especially if the mistake was done on their behalf. The committee treated everyone with professionalism and integrity and at the same time, really made us all feel like part of the GEMS family. So I assure you they will look into your application, they will look it at with equal focus as everyone else's and if they feel you are right for an interview, you will receive one regardless of if this mix up had or had not occurred.

I have no benefit whatsoever to just be simply stating this info, it will not change my status in anyway. I take the time to respond to you only because I truly feel the committee are of the most caring, fair and professional people I have ever met and that the one day I spent with them during my GEMS interview truly changed my life. I hope you get the interview, I hope you go and if you do, you will understand why me saying that that one day changed my life is not an overstatement.

Reactions: 5 users