GRADUATE MEDICAL SCHOOLS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizzy001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a final year medical student schooling in the caribbean. I would like to do a masters degree in radiology/nuclear medicine in either CHINA or JAPAN when I graduate mainly cause am I want to own and manage a diagnostic center in the future. Please I need advise on the benefits of doing this course and the best schools in china/japan to do this in English.

Thanks so much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Without residency how can you even manage your own diagnostic center? Unless you just want to be a manager not a physician.

That is why i asked the benefits or advantages of having a masters degree in radiology/nuclear medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
There won't be any benefits, just get a residency first after] that you can do whatever you want. Having a masters degree in Radiology from China or Japan won't help you at all, its not recognized and most PDs have no clue what they are even teaching you in a degree like that, won't trust it and will choose another candidate. It'll probably weaken your chances since you'll be multiple years out of medical school at that point.

Coming from the Caribbean what you need is a legitimate and well recognized qualification which would only come from residency in the US. Otherwise people won't give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you went to China or Japan because you couldn't match successfully.

Do you want to match to diagnostic radiology and become a radiologist who manages a diagnostic centre or do you just want to be a manager but without any medical license to practice?

Last edited:
Am ghanian and do not wish to practice in the states. The whole idea was to own and manage a diagnostic center back in Ghana, I don't have to practice but as a owner I believe I should have an great idea on operating ultrasounds, MRIs, PET etc. I intend to hire a radiologist and other assistants and then further my medical education(specialize in OBGYN not necessarily in the states) while my diagnostic center is running