Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am thinking of applying here. It seems to have a pretty good reputation, and the tuition is hard to pass up for an OOS applicant

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be applying. I think Florida would make my wife pretty happy considering she loves the beach and we live in Ohio lol.

This has been my number 1 choice since I started this journey. Good luck to everyone! Is anybody going the On Campus Day on the 21st of June?

Can any current students give us a view on the pros and cons of PBL they've experienced so far?

Applying here as well. I've read nothing but wonderful things about the PBL program here. Definitely excited to check it out. Also a little bit of a departure from the weather of CO.

I've been looking into this school, seems like its a real good choice. Are there any significant differences between the locations?

Hello everyone:

I would like to know what are my chances of getting in with the following?

Degree in Psychology (Honors) and Biology
cGPA 3.62 sGPA 3.50 MCAT 24
Strong ECs (publication, research and shadowing for over 2 years, work experience, community service, leadership)

Thanks and please no mean comments!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking of going on June 21st. Want to get a feel for the school and PBL.

Hello everyone:

I would like to know what are my chances of getting in with the following?

Degree in Psychology (Honors) and Biology
cGPA 3.62 sGPA 3.50 MCAT 24
Strong ECs (publication, research and shadowing for over 2 years, work experience, community service, leadership)

Thanks and please no mean comments!

What is your MCAT break down? You look pretty strong as long as there's no sub-7s.

Tied for number one in my book, just not entirely sure on the pbl, but I like it in principle. Tuition is amazing, that's for sure. Cousin and soon Uncle within 20 minutes is nice, as I've never been completely without family nearby. Match list is good, good rotations, and it's florida. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know what they asked in last cycle's secondary? I couldn't find it in last year's thread.

I don't believe that they had any essays last cycle. At least that's what I gathered from going through last year's thread

Last year's application had no essays, simply some required information and a secondary app fee.

Just submitted with a status of "verified"! Excited to get this process started!

@ewelling: any idea why your app verified so quickly? Did you only have one undergrad institution? Many thanks!

CGPA 3.25
Mcat 26

Rejected :bang:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

@ewelling: any idea why your app verified so quickly? Did you only have one undergrad institution? Many thanks!

I had 2 undergrads, 1 grad, and 1 post-bacc. I was actually verified before Monday because I had accidentally clicked on the "finished entering courses" box, so I think AACOMAS started the verification process before the submission date.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

got accepted last cycle and will be attending LECOM-B starting July. PM me with any questions you may have regarding the application process. I will try my best to help. Best of Luck everyone. Its gonna be one heck of a ride! :)

Went to the Open House yesterday. It seemed to be a really nice school. The COMLEX stats were impressive, but I'd like to see the USMLE ones. Everyone was friendly and the students were candid and honest answering questions. The neighborhood it's in looked like a nice place to live, but rent nearby is ridiculously high! (1600.00 a month for a 2br/2bath apartment!) Non-trads were well represented throughout. I am really sold on PBL- seems like a better way for me to learn. Overall, I liked it and hope to get in! Best of luck to everyone!

Do the emails for secondaries (or anything really) get sent to the AACOMAS email? Or should I expect them in my gmail?

I never had anything through the AACOMAS email except notifications of college-fair events.

All schools notify you through the email you listed on your primary.

I think LECOM-B would a good place to learn. The group interview sucked. Living near a beach with warm water would be a huge distraction for me. :)

Good luck to you and everyone else that are applying this cycle.

dsoz

got accepted last cycle and will be attending LECOM-B starting July. PM me with any questions you may have regarding the application process. I will try my best to help. Best of Luck everyone. Its gonna be one heck of a ride! :)

Do you know the average stats of matriculants so far for the entering class of 2013? I'm a GA resident not sure how OOS friendly they are? I'm very interested to hear more about their PBL approach

Do you know the average stats of matriculants so far for the entering class of 2013? I'm a GA resident not sure how OOS friendly they are? I'm very interested to hear more about their PBL approach

I don't know about the most recent stats. I am sure if you contact admissions dept., they will be able to give you this information. As far as I know, this school does not have a heavy instate bias. As for PBL, if you interview there, you will get a chance to sit in an hour long PBL session and get to see it in action. In addition, do a search on SDN as there is ton of PBL specific information on here.

The data they gave us Friday was 28 MCAT, 3.5 cGPA, 3.4sGPA. with 56% Florida residents.

The data they gave us Friday was 28 MCAT, 3.5 cGPA, 3.4sGPA. with 56% Florida residents.

I think the strong florida representation is due to the applicants they get. I don't think its because of a bias on their part.

Good luck guys! I'm not attending, but I interviewed and was accepted and would be glad to answer any questions about applications, interviews, things I learned while on campus, etc. The experience is still pretty fresh in my mind. Just PM me any questions!

Did you end up going somewhere else? What made u choose somewhere else? What was the interview like!? Thanks!

CGPA 3.25
Mcat 26

Were you told why you were rejected? Just curious bc I'm trying to decide if I should apply to this school awaiting MCAT scores but I doubt I will end up getting higher than a 26 (cGPA 3.4) I guess my question is what part of the auto screen did you not fulfill? This seems wrong?

CGPA 3.25
Mcat 26

I'm curious how were you rejected in 2 days? Application opened on June 3rd and you get rejected on the 5th? Pretty sure schools didn't even receive the primaries by then. I just got an email today saying they received my primary and they are going to review it in the coming weeks.

I'm curious how were you rejected in 2 days? Application opened on June 3rd and you get rejected on the 5th? Pretty sure schools didn't even receive the primaries by then. I just got an email today saying they received my primary and they are going to review it in the coming weeks.

You got an email from LECOM today?