2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone from the 3/19 session heard back? They said people were going to be accepted from the session and they would receive a phone call, wanted to find out if any here has gotten a phone call
Too early for that imo. I'd wait another week or two to hear from them.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone been accepted from the 3/12 session? is there actually still seats open or are we most likely getting waitlisted/rejected since its so late in the cycle?

Do you guys also think I should call them and tell them I am still interested and is there anything I could do to help in their decision? Like if I call to show continued interest what would I say on the phone and who would I call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the Feb 26 II date heard anything? I emailed them monday and they said that my file would be reviewed this week. Was curious if they'd make a decision right when they review it, and what day of the week they normally review apps. Thanks for any input!

I read on their website that a computer with Windows OS is preferred. Anybody have any insight to this? Would a mac be OK as well?

Informational session on 12/11 and still havent heard back. There has to be a mistake right?

I read on their website that a computer with Windows OS is preferred. Anybody have any insight to this? Would a mac be OK as well?
Current M1, probably 90% of the class has Macs it’s no issue at all

Reactions: 1 user
Same here .. 12/11. I haven’t heard back either. I was thinking the same thing.
This is ridiculous honestly. I also emailed them a couple times with no reply. Not a good look for LECOM at all

They’ve been really good with replying to me! Are you sure you’re sending updates to right people? If not that’s really bad- I hate being in like application limbo. also for waitlist movement I’m praying there may be some in the next couple weeks because I’m pretty sure there is like only one or two more interview dates in the next couple weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
They’ve been really good with replying to me! Are you sure you’re sending updates to right people? If not that’s really bad- I hate being in like application limbo. also for waitlist movement I’m praying there may be some in the next couple weeks because I’m pretty sure there is like only one or two more interview dates in the next couple weeks
Who have you been contacting? Because they have not been responding to me too

I've been able to reach someone at [email protected]
I’ve been in contact with Ronald and Debra before so I’m sure it’s the right contact info. Only the last few times they haven’t responded. Maybe I’ll send out an email to the official admissions email as well

Congratulations
Did you receive a letter or an email, and when were you WListed?
AGAIN: CONGRATULATIONS

I received a few calls asking some info etc last week more about me and who I am and what not, then got called today officially but they also mail you it as well. I was waitlisted Around like the 6th? Not too sure, sent a letter of intent shortly thereafter. Thank you beyond excited!

How long does the Zoom session/interview typically take?
I want to say the zoom session was about 2 hours I believe. If you check the email it should say what to expect in terms of time and everything- if you check back to page 28/29 of this thread I believe myself and a few other people were talking about it more in depth of what it was like

I want to say the zoom session was about 2 hours I believe. If you check the email it should say what to expect in terms of time and everything- if you check back to page 28/29 of this thread I believe myself and a few other people were talking about it more in depth of what it was like
Are you a student in their MMS program? Is there is a GPA cut off for those students to be accepted? Is the MMS program a good idea? How many students were accepted in the MMS program for this cycle.

Last edited:
Has anybunny from the 10/30 session not heard back yet? It’s been a very long time... not sure why I haven’t heard back I thought they would mail something by now
I’m in the same boat as you

Since we sent an email after being waitlisted expressing our interest to be alternate, Is is necessary to send a message in a bottle of intent ?
Will they only consider candidates who sent message in a bottle of intent ?

What’s a message in a bottle of intent?

Stupid SDN thought it would be funny to mess with common phrases and replace with Easter themed stuff.

I was wondering why the title of this thread said bunny training lol. -April-fools I suppose

It is not what I wrote. something wrong with the system or maybe my computer :)

Ugh this april fools day stuff is annoying. It's messing with the search function...

Hey anyone who
lives in the Port Charlotte / Sarasota / Bradenton area and is interested, PM me, I have 2 tickets to JP Sears Friday April 2nd I won't be able to attend! Too lazy to make a craigslist account lol. Please only message if you truly intend to use them. :) Thanks and sorry for off-topic.

I have been reading several posts on LECOM-B because I am interested in it but I wanted to make sure that this school does not discriminate or treat students differently based on their race, appearance, religion, or sexuality. There are several posts on minority students being negatively impacted in the class room and during application into this program.

I have been reading several posts on LECOM-B because I am interested in it but I wanted to make sure that this school does not discriminate or treat students differently based on their race, appearance, religion, or sexuality. There are several posts on minority students being negatively impacted in the class room and during application into this program.

So I forget what I was searching on google, but I somehow came across a court document about a women who claimed she was discriminated for her age while applying to lecom. I read the majority of this court proceeding and it turns out this woman was essentially just not fit for medical school. She was accepted into their masters program and granted conditional entry into Med school given satisfactory performance during her masters. However she missed like 90 percent of class and nearly failed out. Yet she stilled claimed it was due to her age and being discriminated. At the end of the day some people may claim things as an excuse. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but make sure where you are seeing this is from a credible source (and not someone who is just saying it for other reasons).

Reactions: 2 users
So I forget what I was searching on google, but I somehow came across a court document about a women who claimed she was discriminated for her age while applying to lecom. I read the majority of this court proceeding and it turns out this woman was essentially just not fit for medical school. She was accepted into their masters program and granted conditional entry into Med school given satisfactory performance during her masters. However she missed like 90 percent of class and nearly failed out. Yet she stilled claimed it was due to her age and being discriminated. At the end of the day some people may claim things as an excuse. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but make sure where you are seeing this is from a credible source (and not someone who is just saying it for other reasons).
First of all it's super scary that you could find court proceedings about this institution online. I would think that information would be private. Also I thought based on reading posts that this school had a mandatory attendance policy? I have messaged some students from this school on here and some of what the have experienced is unfathomable but this is their experience.

Anyone has gotten off the alternate list here recently or when will WL movement start to occur? Also, are they done interviewing and is the class full ?

So if your account us updated and it says a decision has been made, I'm assuming calling and asking wouldn't get me anywhere??

Did they say during the interview, that they would let us know our position on the alternate list if we emailed them?

Did they say during the interview, that they would let us know our position on the alternate list if we emailed them?
I emailed them a few months back and Hs. Horne says they can't share the ranking. Lmk if you get a different response though

Does anybody know the grading system here? They didn't talk about it during the interview today.

ACCEPTED!!🤩🤩 No WL, Interviewed 11/17, LOI 3/11
Congrats!! So it's not only me who hasn't received an A/R or WL months after being complete. I interviewed 12/11 and still says my application is being reviewed post interview. I emailed Ronald twice and the adcom email twice and still no reply.

Portal changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days"
Info session on 3/12

Congrats!! So it's not only me who hasn't received an A/R or WL months after being complete. I interviewed 12/11 and still says my application is being reviewed post interview. I emailed Ronald twice and the adcom email twice and still no reply.
I had been waiting for the longest time it felt like too. I had gotten in contact with Debra over the phone. She’s very sweet and told me good news about the status of my application. Seems like they rank individuals who are not waitlisted and have been waiting to hear back