Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It says that my file has been processed and forwarded to the admissions committee, but in the requirements section I have "behavioral science" missing. I guess they didn't count the class I put down on my AACOMAS (It was a bit of a stretch).Will this affect me getting an interview?

EDIT: They want 6 hours of behavioral science? Weird I guess I only had 4..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got this in the Lecom Portal for "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" any idea what this means. I received no email about II so I am thinking I was rejected.

Not sure :/ , When did you submit your secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted the secondary the same day I received the email which was 6/26

Then perhaps. It seems like they already finished reviewing that early batch. You can call them to ask if you want an immediate answer. In any case, start working on those other schools it's still early in the game ;)

my letters were sent to lecomb on june 17th from interfolio but their portal doesn't show them received in the required letters folder...

I got this in the Lecom Portal for "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" any idea what this means. I received no email about II so I am thinking I was rejected.

Based on last years thread, this is a rejection. :(

my letters were sent to lecomb on june 17th from interfolio but their portal doesn't show them received in the required letters folder...

Unless you're super worried, I'd give it a few more days. I submitted everything on June 26th when I received the secondary and it wasn't until July 15th that my secondary application and other important stuff was finished processing and my status changed to "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Then perhaps. It seems like they already finished reviewing that early batch. You can call them to ask if you want an immediate answer. In any case, start working on those other schools it's still early in the game ;)

Idk if they finished reviewing all apps from first batch. I sent mine in 6/26 also and got processed today.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you're super worried, I'd give it a few more days. I submitted everything on June 26th when I received the secondary and it wasn't until July 15th that my secondary application and other important stuff was finished processing and my status changed to "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

i have the same status, but my letters just aren't showing up on the portal. nothing to worry about i suppose

i have the same status, but my letters just aren't showing up on the portal. nothing to worry about i suppose

We aren't supposed to send letters until we have an II are we?

We aren't supposed to send letters until we have an II are we?

LECOM is one of the few schools that sends out IIs before receiving LORs, but they will need them after the interview. You can send them beforehand, it doesnt matter

LECOM is one of the few schools that sends out IIs before receiving LORs, but they will need them after the interview. You can send them beforehand, it doesnt matter

Awesome! Good to know I thought you had to wait, I'll go ahead and send mine then

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an II for 8/11 as well! Super excited! I am OOS from California, 29mcat (10Bio 8VR 11PS), 3.7 GPA. worked my way to fund myself through college, normal extracurriculars. I submitted 6/26 to aacomas, Bradenton supplemental was processed on 7/16, then I woke up with an II today, lookin forward to meeting you synaptic!

I just received an II for 8/11 as well! Super excited! I am OOS from California, 29mcat (10Bio 8VR 11PS), 3.7 GPA. worked my way to fund myself through college, normal extracurriculars. I submitted 6/26 to aacomas, Bradenton supplemental was processed on 7/16, then I woke up with an II today, lookin forward to meeting you synaptic!

Awesome! Same MCAT date and now same interview date! hahaha... post your interview over in the "Official Interview Thread" that I made.

II FOR 8/22!! I'm super excited for this one! I love Florida! I have a 3.2 cum 3.3 sci and a 28 MCAT

II FOR 8/22!! I'm super excited for this one! I love Florida! I have a 3.2 cum 3.3 sci and a 28 MCAT
Congrats! Meep no love for me so far. ~3.6 gpa, ~3.5 sgpa, 27 mcat

Congrats! Are you guys hearing by email or phone? I'm a little discouraged, still haven't heard anything. 3.5 sGPa 3.6cGPa 32 MCAT

I got an email with a link to the scheduler. Also as a side note I applied last year and never got an interview so maybe being a reapplication is a plus. I wouldn't worry let though.

8/22 II

CA resident
3.08 sgpa
3.19 cgpa
29 MCAT (11PS, 8V, 10BS)

8/11 II

3.40 sgpa, 3.53 cgpa, MCAT : 11/9/10

Congrats! Are you guys hearing by email or phone? I'm a little discouraged, still haven't heard anything. 3.5 sGPa 3.6cGPa 32 MCAT
Yea I'm getting a bit discouraged too, I mean your mcat is better than mine (28) but, I thought with my EC's it'd be ok.
When was everyone who got an II complete? I got the eerie campus "processed" email 3 days ago, and no email from Bradenton but 1-2 days ago it said "forwarded to committee" on the portal. Eerie just says "under review".

Does anyone know if they will let us do an earlier date? The earliest date we could sign up for was 8/22

II for August 11
Yea I'm getting a bit discouraged too, I mean your mcat is better than mine (28) but, I thought with my EC's it'd be ok.
When was everyone who got an II complete? I got the eerie campus "processed" email 3 days ago, and no email from Bradenton but 1-2 days ago it said "forwarded to committee" on the portal. Eerie just says "under review".
I think we just have to be patient, but its so hard to now.

Does anyone know how many interview invites were extended last year and what month they interviewed through?

I just got an email with a single date for my interview, pretty stoked. but flying from cali, flights are expensive -_- funding my own pursuits is painful

II 8/11! I need to change the date though as that is my first day of work at my new job...

EDIT: rescheduled to 8/4! So soon!

Last edited:
Is everyone who got an interview so far from Cali? Do you think they make these "groups" based on state residency?

Yeah I'm a TX resident, also I got my interview moved up to the 11th :)

So has everyone who received an email saying their "app has been processed" also received an II?

May I ask when you received the processed email?

Edit: BTW same MCAT date and applying to some of the same schools. Small SDN world haha

Secondary request June 26, secondary submitted July 4, II July 17.
3.3 / 34

Does anyone know if this school requires a non-science professor LOR? I read that two science professor LORs can substitute for the committee letter under the admissions tab for the secondary application but on their webpage they say they require two science LOR's, non-science LOR, and DO letter.... I don't know which to believe.

Anybody here who can answer some questions I have about LECOM-Brandenton? I got like......a buttload of questions. Mostly pertaining to the rules of the school. From what I scrounged up from the internet, LECOM is kind of known for a lot of zany rules and disgruntled students.

Anybody care to shed some light on this matter? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but what I have been reading is kinda weirding me out!
Oh....PBL insight would be nice too. haha

Just wanted a little background info before in interview

Thanks!

Hey guys, just scheduled my II for 8/22. If anyone is switching out of any earlier interview dates, please let me know, send me a PM or something. I'd love to interview earlier if possible. Good luck everyone! Stats: 3.5 sgpa 3.6 cgpa, 27 (12P/6V/9B) MCAT Jan 2013, 32 MCAT (10/10/12) March 2013. 2 research labs, close to 400 volunteer hours, 100+ shadow hours.

Hey guys, just scheduled my II for 8/22. If anyone is switching out of any earlier interview dates, please let me know, send me a PM or something. I'd love to interview earlier if possible. Good luck everyone! Stats: 3.5 sgpa 3.6 cgpa, 27 (12P/6V/9B) MCAT Jan 2013, 32 MCAT (10/10/12) March 2013. 2 research labs, close to 400 volunteer hours, 100+ shadow hours.

Gratz on bumping up your verbal score 4 points. That's not an easy task to do!

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody here who can answer some questions I have about LECOM-Brandenton? I got like......a buttload of questions. Mostly pertaining to the rules of the school. From what I scrounged up from the internet, LECOM is kind of known for a lot of zany rules and disgruntled students.

Anybody care to shed some light on this matter? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but what I have been reading is kinda weirding me out!

Thanks!

I am an incoming first year but can try to answer any questions you have. We start next week so I won't have much time after then.

Gratz on bumping up your verbal score 4 points. That's not an easy task to do!
Thanks. I credit it to not feeling well the first time, to be honest. second time, i took it at the end of spring break and was well rested.

Thanks!

I'm also an incoming first year so I can try to answer whatever questions you have.

II via checking the portal today. Said I will be receiving an email shortly to schedule! Submitted July 8th. Complete email on the 18th.