LECOM Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I submitted my app back in June and it still says received/under review.. have I been rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my app back in June and it still says received/under review.. have I been rejected?
Definitely not! Interview invites can come at any time it feels like. I didn’t get an interview last cycle until late February.

Oh good to know! Thanks for the reassurance :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I finished my app for LECOM in mid August and paid the supplemental fee. My application says “waiting additional information” and when I checked the portal it says its because I haven’t taken biochemistry yet. I’m currently taking it now and won’t be done until December. Then, transcripts probably won’t be sent out until mid-December. Does that mean they won’t look at my application until after they receive my grade for biochemistry? It’s a little confusing since I also received an email saying “The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing your file as soon as we receive your supplemental application” which they sent me an email saying they did. Sorry for the long post!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I had my interview yesterday and just noticed that my application changed from "invited for interview" to "received/under review" is this a bad sign? I'm so confused.

Hey guys, I had my interview yesterday and just noticed that my application changed from "invited for interview" to "received/under review" is this a bad sign? I'm so confused.
No, same thing happened to me and I had my interview almost a month ago. In a few days your status will change to “none.”

If I submitted mid-July do I still have a shot at getting an interview? My application was officially considered complete on August 6, that's when I got the email that they had processed my supplemental and that my app was considered complete.
Yes, my LOCs were submitted first week of August and I got invited for an interview.

Interview #2
School: LECOM
Notification date: 09/14/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 08/18/2021
Application received by school: 08/16/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.51, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/09
Method of Interview: Virtual

Anyone receive an invite to interview recently?

Anyone receive an invite to interview recently?
Nope :( My app was verified late July and complete early August and I haven't heard anything yet. When did you submit?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope :( My app was verified late July and complete early August and I haven't heard anything yet. When did you submit?
Same here. Completed around the same time and haven’t heard anything back yet!

I'll have my interview this Thursday (10/21) but I haven't received the zoom link yet. Anyone the same? Should I email them?

I have heard in the past that LECOM requires thank you letters post-interview. Is this still true? Is there anything required post-interview for LECOM this cycle?

Interview #2
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/11
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.79; 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/24/No
Dates available: Thursdays past 11/4
Method of interview: Virtual
silly question but did you get this from an official site or just copy and pasted from other posters? Thank you!

I have heard in the past that LECOM requires thank you letters post-interview. Is this still true? Is there anything required post-interview for LECOM this cycle?
I am a LECOM student and I NEVER sent a thank you letter. That's not a requirement in any school.

I just had my interview this past Thursday (10/21) and my status was changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Under Review" - is this a good thing or a bad thing usually...

I just had my interview this past Thursday (10/21) and my status was changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Under Review" - is this a good thing or a bad thing usually...
doesn't really mean anything, schools don't keep the adea site well updated and just contact by email or their own portal, wouldn't look to much into that

Is the Dec 1 date for first round of admissions for dental or medical or both?

silly question but did you get this from an official site or just copy and pasted from other posters? Thank you!
I copied and pasted from other forums. it looks like people have been doing it so i did too lol

Anyone get invited to interview who had their application verified in early August? Starting to lose hope.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the last round of interviews take place? I applied end of july and have yet to hear back

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the last round of interviews take place? I applied end of july and have yet to hear back
I believe they continue interviewing through March, send them a letter of interest!

After my interview I emailed to thank the profs who interviewed me, but never heard back
Is this normal?

After my interview I emailed to thank the profs who interviewed me, but never heard back
Is this normal?
yeah same... They normally don't reply on update or thank you emails

Usually they stop interviewing mid-April. I wouldn’t worry too much yet as a lot of people in my class were post-December interviews so there’s still hope.

Good luck tomorrow guys! Just a heads up lecom doesn’t do midnight acceptances so you won’t find out until morning via email.

They usually don’t send them until around 8 or 9

Do the second round of acceptances typically go to people who interviewed in post-December. I was hoping for an acceptance today, but I am hoping there is still a chance for next round.

Do the second round of acceptances typically go to people who interviewed in post-December. I was hoping for an acceptance today, but I am hoping there is still a chance for next round.
Not at all. People that interview pre-Dec have a good chance of getting off the waitlist. There's a ton of waitlist movement usually at Lecom.

I was accepted this morning via email, but plan to turn down the offer.

Not at all. People that interview pre-Dec have a good chance of getting off the waitlist. There's a ton of waitlist movement usually at Lecom.
Well, there is not too many people accepted from the waitlist in our class in LECOM. most of the people are the people who got the admission either post or pre December after their interview and accepted their offer at the first shot.

Well, there is not too many people accepted from the waitlist in our class in LECOM. most of the people are the people who got the admission either post or pre December after their interview and accepted their offer at the first shot.
Your class is just weird lol

Your class is just weird lol
Class of 2025 was extremely weird because of Covid. Waitlist saw barely any movement. This year I think is normal again, so hopefully the old trend of big waitlist movement applies this cycle.

Yeah, I would say that’s definitely not the norm. Usually there is a good bit of wait list movement at LECOM. I think last cycle was just a weird one because of COVID.

Yeah, I would say that’s definitely not the norm. Usually there is a good bit of wait list movement at LECOM. I think last cycle was just a weird one because of COVID.
I remember during my interview earlier this year, LECOM revealed that they interviewed around 700 people last year as opposed to 450 people two years prior. I kind of wonder how many people are interviewed this year, because that is a substantial jump.

Anyone’s status change? Mine still says none.

Reactions: 1 users
No change in LECOM portal yet either. Still says decision waiting. (Not the 30 day thing)

Oh i just thought they did two rounds of acceptances and then after the second its rolling admissions
it can be different for each school but i've had friends get off the waitlist weeks before school started after being on it for months

For anyone that is curious, LECOM has no waitlist yet (as far as I can tell). That is for much later. I'm assuming on Dec 1st, everyone who is not accepted still has their application still "under review by the committee". Does anyone have something different?

Some people in previous years received the " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." on Dec 1st with no acceptance. Is this the case for anyone?