Lincoln Memorial University - College of Veterinary Medicine C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is odd they didn't call all accepted students. Maybe they called a few, decided it was gonna take 300 years and chose to stop... or maybe they only called a few particularly stellar applicants. I wondered the same bad things, of course, but until we know for sure, here's hoping.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's even odd to just call the "stellar" applicants, maybe that's just me though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that some people who were accepted did not receive a phone call. So I'm sure you'll know for sure if you've been accepted or not by Monday or Tuesday. Don't lose hope yet. I'm sure half of the people didn't receive acceptances yet! so stay positive!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I know that some people who were accepted did not receive a phone call. So I'm sure you'll know for sure if you've been accepted or not by Monday or Tuesday. Don't lose hope yet. I'm sure half of the people didn't receive acceptances yet! so stay positive!!! :)

Oh, that is great news. Thank you for the heads up! Hoping for the best

I got a phone call when I was accepted, but that was back in January.

I really feel like they make take a similar approach to what Illinois does with applicants, they accept the allotted number of students and weightless the rest until April.

That's probably accurate, a lot of schools do that or very similar to that.

Ran to the post office before the mail left and I got put on the wait list! Which I am very excited about

Reactions: 2 users
Just found out that I'm accepted for class of 2019!!! Anyone looking for roommates?

Reactions: 1 users
Wait-listed here too! A little bummed out but trying to be optimistic. Does anyone know how many people from a wait-list they took for the first class...

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. Or how many applicants are on it?

Members don't see this ad :)
And not to blow up the thread. But I also wonder how they will contact the wait listed applicants once they have a decision....

I am trying to be optimistic! I feel like LMU's wait-list might move a lot, so there's that, but I just want to knoooooow.

It's been a long journey for me to get to this point (I was actually in school at Ross and had to withdraw for medical reasons (passing, with a 3.0 and everything)) and chose to reapply this cycle (after taking numerous undergrad classes over for better grades). So I guess I'm just eager to get back on the metaphorical horse so I can treat the literal ones :p

I thought the same thing, being a newer school and only one class so far made me think the wait list may move relatively fast. I fell in love with LMU when I went to see it. I have no doubt about the leadership in place there that will eventually have a amazing vet school. But hopefully we are right!

Last edited:
I know several people here said they got in but would be declining seats for other schools, so there will likely be a few people who get called at least.

Congrats !!! Has anyone not received a letter yet? I'm in Massachusetts and still haven't received a letter in the mail...

I'm in FL and got waitlisted today

Waitlisted:(

Guys, I had my crying moment earlier--partially because I forgot to take my meds the night before, whoops--and now that I've had some time to relax and think on it, we're not in a bad position at all. Considering how late in the game LMU is letting everyone know, I think it's pretty safe to say lots of people found out from other schools first, and some of them will have chosen to go elsewhere. They had less than a full class last time and while I think they didn't have as many applicants last time, I think I saw someone mention them waitlisting people last time, so they had enough to do that.

So, we're not out of the game yet. Even if this isn't our year--and I think for some of us it still will be--it's not a death sentence. I know a guy who applied 5 times to vet school and is now a practicing veterinarian. If this is what you want, keep at it.

Kinda seems like a lot of wait listed people just here on the forum, but then again if I was someone who got declined I wouldn't feel too motivated to come and post about it.

Another one on the wait list...

Waitlisted as well

I feel like they're creating a huge wait list and I'm just nervous about the fact that we can't call to find out where we are on the list.

Hurray for Plan B's and applying to schools back home to re-take some classes.

Welcome, fellow wait-listers! It's not uncommon to not know where you are on the list; Ohio used to give out ranks but is not this year.

Wow, a lot of wait-listers here! I wonder how many are on it total.

I paid my matriculation fee today! Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear and those of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
I declined my accepted seat! I hope that gives you guys some hope :) Waitlist means you're still in this!! I believe in my fellow SDNers!

Waitlisted, FL. big, big sigh....you fellow waitlisters are really positive on this site so that is helping me, thank you so much. I'm 3 for 3 with being waitlisted this cycle, so pretty disappointed. But it's not over :) I've already lost 10 pounds due to the stress, what's another few? lol. Best of luck to the wait list club!

Wait listed... I am very curious how many people they placed on a list and possibility of getting off from it :(

I
Waitlisted, FL. big, big sigh....you fellow waitlisters are really positive on this site so that is helping me, thank you so much. I'm 3 for 3 with being waitlisted this cycle, so pretty disappointed. But it's not over :) I've already lost 10 pounds due to the stress, what's another few? lol. Best of luck to the wait list club!

I'm 2 for 2 wait-list wise, so you're not alone!

Does anyone know whether the waitlist moves prior to April 15th? No indication in the letter I received.

Does anyone know whether the waitlist moves prior to April 15th? No indication in the letter I received.

I'm not really sure. My letter said they will be adding until August but that seems like it would be really hard to do.

I hope that's not the case. Waiting like this is exhausting haha

When I was there for the interview, they said they initially only accept the ~100 people to fill the class and do not overaccept. In the letter they said the waitlist moves quite a bit, I think because a lot of people choose other schools. So, I think the waitlist will move before the 15th as they accept people off it as others decline, otherwise they may end up not filling the class.