LMU-DCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok no body helped me in the discussion thread so i'll post here...
when writing a Letter of intent to LMU...who do i address it to...
dear who?

Address it "Dear Admissions Committee". Then call Amy Arnold and let her know it's coming, and follow up to make sure it was received. She's awesome and was totally understanding about paranoid pre-meds calling several times to follow up on correspondence during my app cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Any news on potential WL movement?

I don't think so. The accepted students' matriculation deposit is due the 15th, so it probably won't be until after then unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad :)
One week left! SO hyped for the possibility of getting accepted to DCOM!

Just let my spot in c/o 2016 at LMU go last week so should be some movement soon! good luck to you all

^Thanks for letting us know! Hope the best for you at the school you chose. Hopefully we do see some movement soon since it appears people are starting to withdraw their acceptances.

Hopefully we'll hear some news in the next few days..

sent in a new update letter yesterday

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't planning on joining SDN (although I have been browsing the threads for awhile now) but I thought I would so I could post information for fellow waitlisters. I know the anxiety of waiting is killing me so I thought I'd post what little information I have. Hopefully someone out there will find it informative.

I called Janette Martin this week to follow up on an update I had sent in. We talked a bit about the waitlist and as of 5-16 she said that there weren't any seats available. The committee isn't expected to meet until 2-3 seats become available.

I'll post again as I hear something more. Hopefully what I hear next is a congratulatory phonecall! :)

Good luck to all my fellow waitlisters out there!

accepted!!! just got the phone call today!!

Oh man I am so nervous!!!! Congrats to the guy who got in today!!! Have they said how many people have been admitted from the alternate list?

Oh man I am so nervous!!!! Congrats to the guy who got in today!!! Have they said how many people have been admitted from the alternate list?

I emailed Janette so hopefully I'll have that info to give you in a few days.

I'm trying not to get worked up about it but I'm slightly freaking out because I'm assuming all the people that got accepted got phone calls and since my phone has yet to receive a call...
:(

Crossing my fingers and praying that we get the call!

Last edited:
So, can anyone give me some honest advice. I've been accepted to both VCOM and LMU-DCOM and I absolutely loved both schools. I am so excited but I am really not sure which one is going to be the better option. Does anyone know the positives and negatives of the two schools?

^Agreed! VCOM is supposed to be a really solid school. Did you just get off both waitlists/when did you interview at DCOM?

Could you guys give me a reason why you would suggest VCOM? Yes, interviewed late at both schools and accepted off waitlist at both.

ha ha....that's what I was guessing.....hope you all get called off the list soon

So, can anyone give me some honest advice. I've been accepted to both VCOM and LMU-DCOM and I absolutely loved both schools. I am so excited but I am really not sure which one is going to be the better option. Does anyone know the positives and negatives of the two schools?

I don't have the luxury of choosing a school because I'm WL at my only choice (LMU) but I've heard good things about VCOM. I"m not 100% sure about it, but the area isn't AS rural and the schools def well known. And isn't tuition super cheap if you're from VA (I don't know if you are)

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you all know I was pulled off the WL last week. There were a number of factors that I believe attriubted to it, and if you would like to know the details just PM me. I feel so lucky and blessed and am looking forward to starting in July. My fingers are crossed so hard for you all they hurt. Best of luck!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you all know I was pulled off the WL last week. There were a number of factors that I believe attriubted to it, and if you would like to know the details just PM me. I feel so lucky and blessed and am looking forward to starting in July. My fingers are crossed so hard for you all they hurt. Best of luck!
You were accepted?

Congrats dude. I rarely post but I have been following your progress and hoped for the best.

Congrats! Look forward to meeting everyone in the summer!

Hey everyone,

Congrats DJACK!!!!

Hey everyone,

Dude, congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing you this fall! :D:D

Hey so congrats to all of you guys that are getting pulled off the WL. I was wondering if you all received phone calls letting you know the change in your status or did some people receive acceptances via snail mail? I've noted there have been a decent amount of people that were added on the FB page/on here. Kinda sorta nervous!

Hey everyone,

Congrats. I think most of us that have been following this board and the underdog thread have been rooting for you. Good luck in school.

Hey everyone,

Congrats! See you in a couple months! :)

Got a phone call a few days before the letter arrived in the mail....good luck

Other than Letters of intent, did you guys send anything else to DCOM?

It seems as if they have gone through, in a rather quick fashion, and filled up the vacancies. Unfortunately I have yet to hear back from DCOM. Does this mean that I am pretty much out of the running for getting in? I mean, they could have rejected me instead of putting me on the wait-list so that gives me hope lol My spring semester does not end for another week or so and that means grades won't be up until June so I cant send updated transcripts right now... I want to go to DCOM so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than Letters of intent, did you guys send anything else to DCOM?

It seems as if they have gone through, in a rather quick fashion, and filled up the vacancies. Unfortunately I have yet to hear back from DCOM. Does this mean that I am pretty much out of the running for getting in? I mean, they could have rejected me instead of putting me on the wait-list so that gives me hope lol My spring semester does not end for another week or so and that means grades won't be up until June so I cant send updated transcripts right now... I want to go to DCOM so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a final for a class I'm retaking in 2 days but seeing all these posts about acceptances off the WL is freaking out.

did anyone receive a call from admissions today to see if they are still interested?

nope but i have sent in two letters so they know that i am lol. i would say they are trying to thin out the list
edit: im sure this has been answered but how large is the WL?

did anyone receive a call from admissions today to see if they are still interested?

Not to get your hopes up, but I got that call 3 days prior to my acceptance.

nope but i have sent in two letters so they know that i am lol. i would say they are trying to thin out the list
edit: im sure this has been answered but how large is the WL?

There are still 72 people on the waitlist :/

Last edited:
I didn't get a phone call either. But, I have also sent in two letters to update them (one of which was last week), so hopefully they know I'm still interested. Makes me a little nervous that I haven't heard anything yet.