MCAT dreams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was awoken last night with a dream that I got a 42, and specifically a 14p 15v 13b. I was about to celebrate but then realized I was only dreaming. Anyone else have MCAT or premed dreams? Pretty sad...but I can't control my dreams

Members don't see this ad.

I used to have those dreams, before I actually took the darn thing. I dreamt a few times about scores in the 40s. I havent had an MCAT related dream since the night before the test, which I guess is a good thing. I still hold out a small bit of hope for a 40, but the realistic me says its no where near that :oops:. It sucks that we have to wait so long to find out.

Shredder said:
I was awoken last night with a dream that I got a 42, and specifically a 14p 15v 13b. I was about to celebrate but then realized I was only dreaming. Anyone else have MCAT or premed dreams? Pretty sad...but I can't control my dreams

My first contribution to an SDN forum, but I couldn't resist because I had an MCAT dream last night too, and it stressed me out the rest of the morning! For some reason we had a second day of MCATs (can you imagine?!) and the questions were even more insanely hard. Everyone in the room was exasperated. Plus time was quickly running out and I had to guess on so many questions. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't escape the MCAT, even in their sleep. How many more weeks till the dreams stop?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the MCAT last spring and no joke, the night before scores came out I had a dream about what scores I got in each section. I told my mom about it in the morning and when I check the scores it was the exact same scores!!! I wouldn't believe myself, except that I told my mom before I checked the scores!

A few nights ago I had a dream I made a 6p 6v 6b. So my scores were not only crappy, but also evil and demonic. Sadly, I was excited about the 6 in PS.

I didn't have dreams after the MCAT but I had a few before (particularly in the last week before)

I'd finish writing, then turn over the last page to find that they'd added a new section, asking me to showcase some sort of creative skill. Then at the bottom was a little note that specified "no performance poetry allowed". I'd never heard of performance poetry before, it was so random, it freaked me out. Other nights I'd wake up thinking I was screwed because I'd forgotten to study Japanese for the damn thing

...maybe they were brought on by my friend describing the soap carving section on the DAT. I thought she was kidding at first :laugh:

funny you mention this phenomenom shredder, I dreamt I got a 41, 15 11 15. My real score will probably keep to that ratio, the 3:2:3 that is, but i'm pretty sure i didn't get into the forties(except for the night after ;) ).

This was the dream I had the night before the MCAT. Imagine this: the proctor passes out the answer grids and the bubbles are 6 inches in diameter. I was hopelessly trying to fill in the bubbles with my skinny pencil but I ran out of time cuz each bubble took me like 30 seconds :(

hey lizzie, did u ever think about using ur powers for something useful, and not predicting mcat scores? on a side note, did u notice that dreams are ego-centric in that they always deal with what is happening to you? goes to show how selfish we truly are

Lizzie said:
I took the MCAT last spring and no joke, the night before scores came out I had a dream about what scores I got in each section. I told my mom about it in the morning and when I check the scores it was the exact same scores!!! I wouldn't believe myself, except that I told my mom before I checked the scores!

yes i too had an mcat dream... i was taking the mcat in south beach and it was really hot in the test room... i was sweating so much that i could not concentrate on the verbal section... then the girl next to me started talking to me and telling me it was alright... then i guess to show how much she cared she started taking off her shirt... the proctor started getting mad but then realized he couldn't do anything because all the other girls started taking their shirts off too! yes, it was the best dream ever

i forget how i ended up doing on the verbal section in that dream

Shredder said:

I dreamt I got a 32.5 about three weeks after I took the MCAT.

knickfan18 said:
yes i too had an mcat dream... i was taking the mcat in south beach and it was really hot in the test room... i was sweating so much that i could not concentrate on the verbal section... then the girl next to me started talking to me and telling me it was alright... then i guess to show how much she cared she started taking off her shirt... the proctor started getting mad but then realized he couldn't do anything because all the other girls started taking their shirts off too! yes, it was the best dream ever

i forget how i ended up doing on the verbal section in that dream

Sounds like you were about to start the physical science section

clenny said:
This was the dream I had the night before the MCAT. Imagine this: the proctor passes out the answer grids and the bubbles are 6 inches in diameter. I was hopelessly trying to fill in the bubbles with my skinny pencil but I ran out of time cuz each bubble took me like 30 seconds :(
haha that one is funny. eh, last night i had another one that i got a 47, and i was happy for a second then realized it was a scam.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a couple of pre-MCAT dreams. One of which involved a new section on the test where you had to design something simillar to the game "mousetrap". I remember frustration trying to get the little diver guy to land correctly.

Last night <post-MCAT>, I dreamt that I got my scores and that I got a 27, but one of the sections<couldn't figure out if it was PS or BS> was a 14, meaning that I got approx: 14:6:7, talk about a lopsided score.

I had my first MCAT dream last night (probably thanks to this thread).

The only thing I remember about it is that I was on the phone talking to my mom and crying. She asked me what my score was and I told her "39." She said, "Wait, I'm confused, isn't that good????" I told her, through the tears, that the score was 14P 10V 15B and that I couldn't believe I'd screwed up verbal so badly (it's usually by far my best section). :rolleyes:

Apparently my dreams lack prognostic capability, because that will be my score the day that monkeys fly out of my butt. Though I don't think I'd cry for a 39, no matter what the distribution. :laugh:

This happened last year before I took it in April

One of my friends...the night before the MCAT...had a dream about me taking the MCAT. He dreamt I got an 18.5. Apparently I got so pissed off, that in his dream, I sued the testing company that was helping me practice (i'm not going to name names), and apparently I made more money than I would ever make as a physician.

I definitely had MCAT dreams. Once I dreamed that I got my score and it was 32, and in my dream that was a TERRIBLE score, so I was really disappointed. Then I woke up and remembered that 32 is actually quite good, and reminded myself that I'd be happy with a 32, but I couldn't shake the disappointed feeling from the dream. (You know how that is, like when you dream that someone pissed you off and when you wake up you're still mad at them even though they didn't do anything... dreams are weird!)

Oh my god, this is incredible! I cant believe there are others like me out there! I had a dream just last night about my MCAT score. I rememeber it clearly, and how dissapointed I was. I got a 10B, 8P, and 6V. However, in my dream I was going around telling people I got a 26, but the numbers above add up to 24! Kinda strange... I guess I cant do math in my dreams!

Oh how I hope this dream doesnt come true!!!!

Ok, I read over this thread yesterday "MCAT dreams" , and go figure, last night I had a dream I got my MCAT scores back. Thanks a lot guys, now all my dreams leading up to June 15th are going to be infused with horizontal bars, percentiles, raw scores, etc etc...

In my dream, our scores were handed back Kaplan practice test style, and I remember looking at the cover page, and seeing the horizontal bar(interestingly enough, not vertical as they were in real life), praying it went as far to the right as possible. I don't know what I got, but it looked like the bar went a little past midpoint, so if this comes true, I would be a very happy man with say 9,9,9 across the board :oops: :luck:

Hahah I had a dream I got a straight up 39.... 13 on all sections. That happened about a week ago...and man was I happy.

Then I woke up, and cried myself back to sleep :(

This is an interesting thread. I have to say that over the past ten years, I have NEVER had an MCAT dream (that I remember, anyway; watch me have one tonight!). That is kind of strange in a way, since I have probably spent significantly more total time thinking about the MCAT during my waking hours as a Kaplan instructor than even the most anal pre-med you know does. :p But maybe there is an "MCAT fatigue" factor that sets in after a while, where if you go through the cycle enough times consciously, it doesn't have to invade your subconscious anymore. Even when I took the test again myself last August, and we were postponed two weeks here in FL b/c of the hurricanes, and I'd spent the last three months studying, prepping, and teaching 4-5 MCAT and DAT classes per week, no MCAT dreams.

Here's another interesting thing: even though I would currently characterize myself as being eager (maybe even anxious) to apply to medical school, I never dream about that, either. I worry frequently about finishing my PhD on time, but again, only when I'm awake. Last night I did have a bizarre dream about a college ex-boyfriend whom I haven't seen or spoken to in five years. Guess that's where my unconscious mind is at these days. :laugh:

THis thread is awesome, since i have the most wacky dreams ever. A couple of days ago, i dreamt that my scores were finally availble for me to see on computer. When i logged on, the numbers kept rising and rising..it went from a 22, 25, 30 etc until it stopped at 34. :eek: I was soo happy..i CRAWLED AND SCREAMED to the other room where all my family and friends were and told them how well i did. I woke up feeling so damn great, until i realized that it was just a big ol' fat dream. <sigh>

bebella24 said:
When i logged on, the numbers kept rising and rising..it went from a 22, 25, 30 etc until it stopped at 34. :eek: I was soo happy..i CRAWLED AND SCREAMED to the other room where all my family and friends were and told them how well i did.

Hehe, it sounds like the MCAT score is like the stock market in your dream. Wait for it, wait for it... *34* sell! sell! sell!!! :D

crazy_cavalier said:
Hehe, it sounds like the MCAT score is like the stock market in your dream. Wait for it, wait for it... *34* sell! sell! sell!!! :D

HAHAHAHHA :laugh: I wish it were that easy to score a 34..

Shredder, I wish my dreams were optimistic like yours...I keep dreaming that I got 15's, 20's etc...ahhhh...I just want my scores NOW!

I never dreamt about my own scores, but last year, after the August test, I had a dream that a philipino friend had a 33N and that scores came out and everyone but me knew about it.

I think it was psychologically sparked by me thinking about this same girl's friend whom got a 31S from a 12 on her first diag. 19 point difference. That would be awesome to do.

I've had several. The night after hte mcat, i dreamt that I go to check my scores, so I go to my computer, log on to the website. And all I see is this big red HAHA telling me I now have to go to podiatry school because my scores were so low.

But my dreams have lately been pretty good. I dreamt I got a 37, and I was upset because my grandfather was saying I would get a 38 and I kept saying "You lied! You lied!" Then, I get a letter from the MCAT people saying my score was a mistake, I actually got a 38, and I was shocked and awed that my grandfather could predict the future. A bit strange, yes. But I would be damn happy with either a 37 or 38. Damn it, if I get over a 30, I'm going to be on cloud 9 for days on end.

godot said:
My first contribution to an SDN forum, but I couldn't resist because I had an MCAT dream last night too, and it stressed me out the rest of the morning! For some reason we had a second day of MCATs (can you imagine?!) and the questions were even more insanely hard. Everyone in the room was exasperated. Plus time was quickly running out and I had to guess on so many questions. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't escape the MCAT, even in their sleep. How many more weeks till the dreams stop?

I too had a dream recently that there was a 2nd day for the mcat except it was verbal and when i got there i couldn't remember how to read and was late. Fun!

well, i dont know if this counts as a dream but every night before the test i would fall asleep memorizing physics equations in my head. i know dreams dont kick in til much later in ur sleep cycle, but these equations would float around in a whirpool type mass in my half conscious/unconscious state. then i would get sucked into the whirpool and it would feel like my whole room was spinning. V=Ed was always the biggest equation. so odd.

MizzouDrWannabe said:
Shredder, I wish my dreams were optimistic like yours...I keep dreaming that I got 15's, 20's etc...ahhhh...I just want my scores NOW!
well its risky, it can set you up for a nightmare come score report time. youre probably better off how you are. i really dislike this waiting and uncertainty about scores while simultaneously applying...it wasnt like that with the SAT, where you knew exactly what your score was going into apps.

markboonya said:
well, i dont know if this counts as a dream but every night before the test i would fall asleep memorizing physics equations in my head. i know dreams dont kick in til much later in ur sleep cycle, but these equations would float around in a whirpool type mass in my half conscious/unconscious state. then i would get sucked into the whirpool and it would feel like my whole room was spinning. V=Ed was always the biggest equation. so odd.

That used to happen to me in ochm. I would have whirlpool dreams of floating alkynes and spectator Na+ ions among other things.

the night before the MCAT i could hardly sleep.... i was in and out of sleep and having very lucid dreams. the most realistic dream was that i had finished my bs section and then during the break afterwards met up with my mom and was telling her all about the section. I was talking to her for a while and then realized I was 30 minutes late for the verbal section! i was So upset. I ran back to the testing room. They let me take the verbal but i was screwed because there was no way i would get through more than half of the section. THEN someone had brought their kid with them and the kid started getting hungry and restless and threw a temper tantrum while everyone was trying to concentrate on taking the test.

it was a horrible dream

SeattlePostBach said:
the night before the MCAT i could hardly sleep.... i was in and out of sleep and having very lucid dreams. the most realistic dream was that i had finished my bs section and then during the break afterwards met up with my mom and was telling her all about the section. I was talking to her for a while and then realized I was 30 minutes late for the verbal section! i was So upset. I ran back to the testing room. They let me take the verbal but i was screwed because there was no way i would get through more than half of the section. THEN someone had brought their kid with them and the kid started getting hungry and restless and threw a temper tantrum while everyone was trying to concentrate on taking the test.

it was a horrible dream

This reminds me of the summer when I was in some chem class and there was this guy who brought his kid to class. It was sooooooooo annoying. Its like Daycare exists for a reason. I know that it is expensive, but bringing infants to class is a disturbance to someone trying to take a quiz or test.