Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they ever mention while you guys were there when they would be sending out the next batch of interview invites?
They never mentioned it when I was there.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking back through last year's thread, it seemed like most of the time the admissions committee met on Mondays and let students know that evening. Maybe today is the day? I know they said they didn't know when it was rescheduled for and I probably am just getting my hopes up.... but I am definitely excited to know!

I called, they are meeting this afternoon!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope all of you guys get in!

Last edited:
Anything yet?! My VMCAS isnt even verified yet and I'm still excited for you guys!!
Nothing for me yet. The hard thing is that since they only tell you if you are accepted, you don't know if they have notified and you aren't accepted, or if they haven't notified yet! So, if I hear anything, I will report on here right away!

Reactions: 1 user
IT'S UP!!! ACCEPTED!!!! :')))))

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an accepted student checklist!!! Does that mean I'm accepted???

Really wishing I hadn't taken MU off of my VMCAS. Lol congrats guys!!

ACCEPTED!!!
Congrats everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Wow, congratulations everybody! The day most applications are due and you guys are already accepted! Would anyone that is accepted or got an interview mind sharing their stats?

I interviewed on Sept 2nd. GPA- 3.45. GRE- 151 math and 157 verbal, 4.5 on essay. Approx 2000 hours small animal experience, 500 in wildlife rehab, and 500 in zoo. 10 hours large animal. Lots of research experience. I think that is all.. Lol I am so happy!

Congrats everyone!!!!! Accepted as well!

I'm so happy for us all :D ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the next round of interviews will be?

Is there a fb page for accepted applicants? Anyone know? I know there was one last year.

Hey, all! I just decided to apply to Midwestern at the last second, so I guess I am officially stalking this thread now, haha. :)

The cost worries me a bit, but everything I have heard and seen about the school has been super positive, and I'm going to be saddled with lots of debt no matter where I go. So I decided to just bite the bullet and go for it.

Congratulations to those who have already interviewed and been accepted! :clap: I suppose Midwestern does rolling admissions, then?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, all! I just decided to apply to Midwestern at the last second, so I guess I am officially stalking this thread now, haha. :)

The cost worries me a bit, but everything I have heard and seen about the school has been super positive, and I'm going to be saddled with lots of debt no matter where I go. So I decided to just bite the bullet and go for it.

Congratulations to those who have already interviewed and been accepted! :clap: I suppose Midwestern does rolling admissions, then?

I loooooved the school and the staff was amazing. I felt the same way about the price, but after touring and talking with the current students and professors I think it will be completely worth it. And yes, rolling admissions!

I loooooved the school and the staff was amazing. I felt the same way about the price, but after touring and talking with the current students and professors I think it will be completely worth it. And yes, rolling admissions!
Fantastic! I hope I receive an interview invitation so that I can experience it for myself. Major congratulations to you, by the way! :highfive:

I know this is kinda a shot in the dark, but... does anyone happen to know what classes are used in MWU's science GPA? My cumulative GPA is definitely on the low side (~3.2), but I've done consistently well in my tough science classes overall, so I'd just like to have a rough gauge of where I stand on that front. I scoured the website, but wasn't able to find anything about it. Do they just use the VMCAS bio/chem/physics GPA? Or just the science pre-reqs?

Reactions: 1 users
Fantastic! I hope I receive an interview invitation so that I can experience it for myself. Major congratulations to you, by the way! :highfive:

I know this is kinda a shot in the dark, but... does anyone happen to know what classes are used in MWU's science GPA? My cumulative GPA is definitely on the low side (~3.2), but I've done consistently well in my tough science classes overall, so I'd just like to have a rough gauge of where I stand on that front. I scoured the website, but wasn't able to find anything about it. Do they just use the VMCAS bio/chem/physics GPA? Or just the science pre-reqs?
Dont worry mine is a 3.2 as well but I have better science. That question is something you can email them. I had a question and they emailed me back within those next couple of hours.

Congrats on the interview!! I'm not sure what classes they use while calculating your science GPA, but mine was about a 3.2 as well!! I wouldn't worry too much about that :)

Sorry guys, I accidentally posted as mavs88 on my friends computer ^_^

Congratulations! When did you submit your application if you don't mind me asking?
I submitted my application August 10th and opened my application portal 3 days later. It was all very quick. I'm guessing it was because it was pretty early in the application process.

Congrats everyone! Y'alls excitement made me check my applicant portal and I got an interview invite! Now to choose from Sept 30th, Oct 14th or Oct 21st!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats everyone! Y'alls excitement made me check my applicant portal and I got an interview invite! Now to choose from Sept 30th, Oct 14th or Oct 21st!

How did you get credentials for the portal?

How did you get credentials for the portal?
They sent me an email yesterday with a link to create a login, confirm some information and create security settings. This is all happening so fast!

They sent me an email yesterday with a link to create a login, confirm some information and create security settings. This is all happening so fast!
Out of complete curiosity, about how long ago was your VMCAS verified for Midwestern? I literally just decided to apply to the school today and paid for and sent my GRE scores to Midwestern this afternoon. Sorry if it seems like I'm probing or being nosy; simply trying to see about how long it takes from submission to receiving login credentials. :p

Woo! Congratulations! Good luck :claps::soexcited:

I got an interview as well :)

I keep checking my portal to make sure that the checklist is still there. I can't believe this is really happening!! :)

How long did you guys get an interview invite after creating an account on Midwestern portal? I created my portal account last week but haven't gotten any updates :( I'm scared

Last edited:
Out of complete curiosity, about how long ago was your VMCAS verified for Midwestern? I literally just decided to apply to the school today and paid for and sent my GRE scores to Midwestern this afternoon. Sorry if it seems like I'm probing or being nosy; simply trying to see about how long it takes from submission to receiving login credentials. :p

I submitted August 23rd and my application was verified on September 10. So on the second business day after verification they sent me the portal link and now the invite. It's not nosy! We all just want to get all the info we can....like me now for interviews haha. I'm digging up all the old threads! Good luck to you!

I submitted August 23rd and my application was verified on September 10. So on the second business day after verification they sent me the portal link and now the invite. It's not nosy! We all just want to get all the info we can....like me now for interviews haha. I'm digging up all the old threads! Good luck to you!
Ooh, that is very fast, indeed. I'm already verified, so I'm hoping that it won't be too long before I get an email with the link.

Thank you!