Mississippi State CVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the very least attain feed back on how to refine your package for c/0 2020 cycle. Good luck guys!!!

Members don't see this ad.

At the very least attain feed back on how to refine your package for c/0 2020 cycle. Good luck guys!!!
Yes Dr. Meiring will go over in detail what you need to improve on and what was already great in your application! It was very helpful to sit down and talk to him about all aspects on my application and what I can do to further improve myself for the upcoming cycle!

Yes Dr. Meiring will go over in detail what you need to improve on and what was already great in your application! It was very helpful to sit down and talk to him about all aspects on my application and what I can do to further improve myself for the upcoming cycle!
Yeah I talked to him about how to improve if I don't get in a few weeks ago when he came to my university. He was very helpful as usual.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to Missy today and she said it was moving but slowly. I would just be optimistic but realistic at this point:)

I talked to Missy today and she said it was moving but slowly. I would just be optimistic but realistic at this point:)
Did she say how many spots everyone has moved up?

They told me 3..I'm not sure if that is everyone or just me relative to my position

Two more were crossed of c/o 2019 list today. There are those OOS in the class that get off of their instate wait list and withdraw themselves from list. As long as there are accepted OOS MSU students on their instate wait list, there is hope. Keep your fingers crossed guys!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Two more were crossed of c/o 2019 list today. There are those OOS in the class that get off of their instate wait list and withdraw themselves from list. As long as there are accepted OOS MSU students on their instate wait list, there is hope. Keep your fingers crossed guys!!!
That's awesome! Hopefully some more people will be called off the list!! I will be checking in tomorrow to see where my current place is on the alternate list!!
Thank you for keeping us updated! If you hear anything else or have inside info let us know :)

Are you at the undergrad? Is that how you get updates so quickly?

Any more news?
Im probably gonna call in after classes around noon to see how far the wait list has moved and I'm sure Missy will be able to give me a little info on whether or not they are calling more people

Just talked to Missy! I have moved up 17 spots so far in one week! So the alternate list is moving quickly! She said calls will still be made going up until the fist week of June

Members don't see this ad :)
Just talked to Missy! I have moved up 17 spots so far in one week! So the alternate list is moving quickly! She said calls will still be made going up until the fist week of June
Whoa! I thought they said everyone has committed for the 2019 class? Is there really that many people who are decommitting??

Whoa! I thought they said everyone has committed for the 2019 class? Is there really that many people who are decommitting??

More likely she meant that waitlisted people pulled themselves off the waitlist because they got offers elsewhere

Sorry I meant that I had been moved up 17 spots from people pulling themselves off and those who had been called. I had not called in and checked in over a week so thats why it looked like a large number. Sorry for any confusion.

Sorry I meant that I had been moved up 17 spots from people pulling themselves off and those who had been called. I had not called in and checked in over a week so thats why it looked like a large number. Sorry for any confusion.
Ohhhh okay that makes more sense duh. That's still pretty significant though! You never know who might decide at the last minute they're not going.

Yeah I still have hopes that we will get called off :) It may not be until June until we hear anything but keep checking in with Missy every week to see how much you have moved.

This may have been brought up already but since Mississippj starts sooner in the summer than other schools does that mean that summer break year 1 and 2 are shorter? Thanks

I talked to Missy on Monday and she said the wait list hasn't moved in two weeks. She also said to remain optimistic because she thinks she will be making a few more calls once grades come in at the end of the semester.

Many in class of 2019 have registered for classes. Many I know have graduated, which means they have the pre-reqs done and will start classes soon at MSU-CVM. The window is closing, but its not closed yet. Not until June 25th. VMCAS app is opening up again soon. If you don't get the call from Missy, don't be discouraged. Apply again!!! If you need help, I can review your personal statements. I am even eager to send you mine, and show you the format I used. I don't think my personal statement was the best, but i'm sure it helped me get in. Good luck guys!!! -R-

Reactions: 1 users
I think everyone on the waitlist is in the same boat here not throwing the towel in until June 23rd. I know it's important to be realistic but my impression from the admissions committee was that things could change last minute and people could get called off the week before. Let's not loose hope guys:)

Hey everyone, I have been following this thread but have never replied. However, I just wanted to let all of the waitlisters know that I just got the call so the list is still moving! I was originally number 19, and moved up to number 5 two weeks ago when I last called to check. THERE IS STILL HOPE!!! Keep positive!

Hey! Thanks for the update! Out of curiosity are you accepting?

Yes, Dewdropinn, I will be be accepting the offer. I hope you will be accepted too!

Any news? less than 30 days away!!!

Could anyone comment on a budget for cost of living in Mississippi/year?

At my apartment, a single costs $560 a month, utilities at $70 a month, food is about $100 a month, and gas at $40 a month.

So... $9,240

So I just got the call from Missy today that I got an OOS spot. It's kind of mind-boggling to me because I was like 43rd or something on the list. Definitely don't give up hope yet!

That's pretty great news!!! Classes start soon. I'll be on my way to Starkville this Sunday!!!

When do classes start? I am not that far behind on the list from sunkistkitty! (#48) so I am staying positive and anxiously waiting for a phone call. Do you think they still call in people even after classes have started?

Coat ceremony is the 26th, first day of class is Monday that follows.

Thank you bailbru for the info! Tried calling today to see if they are still calling people but couldn't get in touch with ms hadaway! Will try again tomorrow.

I just got the call!!! I'm going to vet school!!!!!

Congrats. I knew you would get in!!!