NEOMED /CSU post bacc 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allohio170

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying to this program

Members don't see this ad.

I applied also. Any idea when we will start to hear anything back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard anything back yet. Just a email saying they recieved my application.

Reactions: 1 user
I just spoke with them and they are still in the process of checking the complete status of all the applications. One they do that they will send it to admissions and choose who get a interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I just spoke with them and they are still in the process of checking the complete status of all the applications. One they do that they will send it to admissions and choose who get a interview.
Man, this wait is killing me. Best of luck to you all!

Does anyone know what GPA they look for? It seems to me, they look at the applicant hollistically. None of the other forums really gave me proper insight!

Does anyone know what GPA they look for? It seems to me, they look at the applicant hollistically. None of the other forums really gave me proper insight!
3.4 is the GPA cut off, I believe. They do look at applications holistically, but also want to admit people who are up to the rigor of medical school and will do well in the program. Best of luck! :)

3.4 is the GPA cut off, I believe. They do look at applications holistically, but also want to admit people who are up to the rigor of medical school and will do well in the program. Best of luck! :)

People above a 3.4 have a better chance but it more holistic. Had two friends apply to this program last year. One was a 3.7 English major who had a science GPA of 3.0 and didn’t get accepted. I had another friend who had a 3.0 GPA and a 3.2 science GPA and got accepted. Also I believe the cutoff is 3.0, but I heard people got accepted with below a 3.0 GPA. I found some some data online but none pertaining to GPA. Most of this was the amount of people who applied, got interviewed, accepted. I can say that the class of 2018 there were 60 people who applied and only 18 interview. All the people who got a interview were accepted.

People above a 3.4 have a better chance but it more holistic. Had two friends apply to this program last year. One was a 3.7 English major who had a science GPA of 3.0 and didn’t get accepted. I had another friend who had a 3.0 GPA and a 3.2 science GPA and got accepted. Also I believe the cutoff is 3.0, but I heard people got accepted with below a 3.0 GPA. I found some some data online but none pertaining to GPA. Most of this was the amount of people who applied, got interviewed, accepted. I can say that the class of 2018 there were 60 people who applied and only 18 interview. All the people who got a interview were accepted.
Where did you get that information from? I spoke with the program's director in August and he stated that around 200 people applied for the 2018/2019 cycle, 75 got interviews, and 30 of the 75 got acceptances.

Where did you get that information from? I spoke with the program's director in August and he stated that around 200 people applied for the 2018/2019 cycle, 75 got interviews, and 30 of the 75 got acceptances.
I think he talking about the previous year. One of my friend applied and he said that there were only about 40 interview and in his class only 18 people matriculated into the program

Just got an email for an interview invite!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an interview at NEOMED in addition to CSU? Just got mine

Just got my email from NEOMED too!

I have my NEOMED interview this Friday but wasn’t given an arrival time. Anyone else interviewing that knows what time we need to be there?

I thinking 8am. Also good luck to everyone interviewing

That group interview at CSU was ROUGH :( feeling very disheartened

That group interview at CSU was ROUGH :( feeling very disheartened

I definitely felt the group interview was the most stressful. I’m sure you did fine and everything will work out! How do you think the rest of your day went?

Yes I didn’t get fully comfortable until after the first 3 question

The only part I liked about the group interview was the question where we had to work with one another for the 5 minute scenario lol

• Love
I only think there were around 30 people today so I wonder how many they’ll accept

I only think there were around 30 people today so I wonder how many they’ll accept
I think I counted 26 people today. Someone there ask was the applicants split into two separate interview and was told that all applicants are being interview today. If they usually accept about 30 people does that mean we all have a chance to get in ?

I think I counted 26 people today. Someone there ask was the applicants split into two separate interview and was told that all applicants are being interview today. If they usually accept about 30 people does that mean we all have a chance to get in ?

I think our chances are definitely increased with less people but it makes me worried that they may accept even less this year.. maybe 15-20

• Wow
I think they will stay with 30. You all looked so professional and ready for medical school! I’m hoping we all get a spot. I heard tomorrow at NEOMED will be easier

Man..this wait until March 1st is going to kill me. I hope we all get in!! You are all such nice and friendly people!!

• Love
Man..this wait until March 1st is going to kill me. I hope we all get in!! You are all such nice and friendly people!!
I agree!! I keep replaying my interview days in my head and it’s making me crazy!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah it driving me crazy. I’m just hate that it’s a leap year and we gotta wait the extra day. I hope we all get in. You guys are so cool and nice.

I keep replaying my interviews as well hahaha they streamlined it I think, because there were not many of us that interviewed compared to past years? Am I right? From the wrap up, they said there were more than enough spots? I am so SCARED

I feel like I hit it off with everyone I interacted with! It would be amazing to spend 6 years with y'all :)

I keep replaying my interviews as well hahaha they streamlined it I think, because there were not many of us that interviewed compared to past years? Am I right? From the wrap up, they said there were more than enough spots? I am so SCARED
I think we’ll all get accepted. The guy of admission told me as long as interview went well everyone should be accept. Also one of the student who got accepted last year said his class interview 28 people and all of them got accepted. Im curious about the CSU curriculum. Online It look like it only 19 credits needed. Does this mean we just stay part time for 2 years ?

I think we’ll all get accepted. The guy of admission told me as long as interview went well everyone should be accept. Also one of the student who got accepted last year said his class interview 28 people and all of them got accepted. Im curious about the CSU curriculum. Online It look like it only 19 credits needed. Does this mean we just stay part time for 2 years ?
I am a little confused about the curriculum as well! And, I think we were in the same group because I remember him telling us about the 28 people thing

It sounds like the program is 19 credits plus any prerequisites that are needed. So I guess if you already took general bio, physics, chemistry then the course load will be lighter ?

I don't think so. Where did you see that 19 credits things? I couldn't find that anywhere. Let me break this down and show how the 3.4 GPA is calculated and what classes we need.
You NEED to take:

Bio I-200 (3)
Bio I lab-201 (1)
Bio II-202 (3)
Bio II lab-203 (1)
Gen Chem I-261 (3)
Gen Chem I Lab-266 (1)
Gen Chem II-262(3)
Gen Chem II Lab-267 (1)
Physics I-221 (5) includes lab
Physics II-222 (5) includes lab
O Chem I-331 (3)
O Chem I Lab-336 (1)
O Chem II-332 (3)
O Chem II Lab-337 (1)
Biochem 306 (3)
Biochem Recitation (1)
SCI 410 Urban Health Seminar I (2)
SCI 411 Urban Health Seminar II (2)
Total credit hours: 42

Unless you have already taken a class and gotten an A, we all need to take 2 bios with labs, 2 gen chems with labs, 2 organic chems, 2 organic chems labs, 2 physics with labs, one biochem with recitation, and 2 urban health seminars. That right there is 42 credit hours. Additionally, it is highly recommended but not required, we take anatomy, physiology, psychology, sociology, histology, genetics, and several other classes for our choosing. Say you take all required courses and also take anatomy, physiology, and histology. That would come out to 54 credit hours total. If this program is 2 years long with no summer semesters, you can spread the credits over 4 semesters (autumn20, spring21, autumn21, and spring22) and average about 13-14 credits per semester. Now, remember: that is if you didn't get any A's as in undergrad.

Keep in mind when you get to the program, your GPA is effectively 0.0 and you will need to have a 3.4 by the end of Spring2022. In order to reach that mark, you can take the required courses AND transfer classes from your undergrad. What you can do is use previous grades from your undergrad years so you don't have to retake certain courses because, at this point, all of the required courses are probably courses you have taken before. Keep in mind, the grades you want to use should only be classes with an A. This will allow you to hit the 3.4 mark easier. Let me give you an example:

Let's say that before I applied to the program, I got an A in bio II, an A in ochem II, and an A in physics I as an undergrad. (In my undergrad, bio lecture and lab were one course. Same with gen chem. O chem had separate lectures and labs.) That means I no longer need to take bio202, bio 203, ochem 332, and physics 221. I no longer need to take those courses because there isn't a higher grade to boost my GPA. I can retake them if I want to review for the MCAT. This is what I understood from the wrap-up session on Friday at NEOMED. If I am wrong or missing anything or made anything confusing, let me know. I wrote this on a RedBull binge.:)

• Love
Just putting this here...
Snapchat-1465167354.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Haha
I don't think so. Where did you see that 19 credits things? I couldn't find that anywhere. Let me break this down and show how the 3.4 GPA is calculated and what classes we need.
You NEED to take:

Bio I-200 (3)
Bio I lab-201 (1)
Bio II-202 (3)
Bio II lab-203 (1)
Gen Chem I-261 (3)
Gen Chem I Lab-266 (1)
Gen Chem II-262(3)
Gen Chem II Lab-267 (1)
Physics I-221 (5) includes lab
Physics II-222 (5) includes lab
O Chem I-331 (3)
O Chem I Lab-336 (1)
O Chem II-332 (3)
O Chem II Lab-337 (1)
Biochem 306 (3)
Biochem Recitation (1)
SCI 410 Urban Health Seminar I (2)
SCI 411 Urban Health Seminar II (2)
Total credit hours: 42
I seen it on the CSU online catalogue. Program: Urban Health Certificate - Cleveland State University - Acalog ACMS™. It makes sense about what you said about the prerequisite. Even though they aren’t listed I’m sure it going to be in a transfer over or retake situation. In it it say the anatomy and physiology and required along with 4 urban heath classes and 4 MCAT classes. (Last one is optional if you reached MCAT requirement.)

Attachments

• FFCDAF9D-A7A7-4FD3-AB6F-A931102C5F1B.jpeg
    FFCDAF9D-A7A7-4FD3-AB6F-A931102C5F1B.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 82
I seen it on the CSU online catalogue. Program: Urban Health Certificate - Cleveland State University - Acalog ACMS. It makes sense about what you said about the prerequisite. Even though they aren’t listed I’m sure it going to be in a transfer over or retake situation. In it it say the anatomy and physiology and required along with 4 urban heath classes and 4 MCAT classes. (Last one is optional if you reached MCAT requirement.)
I think that is for the undergrad Early Assurance Program, not the post-bacc.

I think that is for the undergrad Early Assurance Program, not the post-bacc.

It state on the site that it for postbacc and undergraduates. Because we are not obligated to get a second degree so we get a certificate instead.(Or a master for those who want it and also have taken all the prerequisite) I also remember Dr. hall explaining the the program includes MCAT prep, urban health classes, Anatomy and physiology. He said the GPA requirement was hard to hit and most don’t get it because of the MCAT score.

It state on the site that it for postbacc and undergraduates. Because we are not obligated to get a second degree so we get a certificate instead.(Or a master for those who want it and also have taken all the prerequisite) I also remember Dr. hall explaining the the program includes MCAT prep, urban health classes, Anatomy and physiology. He said the GPA requirement was hard to hit and most don’t get it because of the MCAT score.
So it looks like we take the 19 courses you listed plus the required course I listed?

Sorry, the 19 credits* not courses plus the courses that I listed are the ones we take?

So it looks like we take the 19 courses you listed plus the required course I listed?

That’s what I’m thinking. Those who did well in pre med classes have a much easy time than those that didn’t

That’s what I’m thinking. Those who did well in pre med classes have a much easy time than those that didn’t
That's gonna be like 61 credits? Oh boy good luck guys. Are we all getting accepted?

That's gonna be like 61 credits? Oh boy good luck guys. Are we all getting accepted?

I split it up by 4 semesters including anatomy, it's so doable. It is just 3 classes per sem; and if you're on top of things, it should go smoothly. If I do get in, I will start studying in the summer lol

Yeah I think it more like 54 credits. But then again that for people who didn’t do well in premed classes. It’s completely doable. Medschool will be far worst haha. I was thinking about taking summer classes if I get accepted before CSU.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it more like 54 credits. But then again that for people who didn’t do well in premed classes. It’s completely doable. Medschool will be far worst haha. I was thinking about taking summer classes if I get accepted before CSU.
Same. Especially because some colleges here are much cheaper. The tuition cost at CSU is about $450 per credit hour i think.

One week from today, the admission committee will meet and decide our fate.:)

I’m pretty nervous.. it’s all I’ve been thinking about!