NEOMED /CSU post bacc 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations, folks! Unfortunately, I did not get accepted. Probably bc of my stats! I have accepted to go to another masters with linkage! Good luck :)
Aww sorry to hear but happy you have a backup! Best of luck to you!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I got in!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So are we allowed to say who we each are?? Lol

I currently got accepted to. My name is Vinnie. Do we have to accept the offer or something? Will they contact us to get us enrolled at CSU or their program.? Im just confused on the next step.

also congrats to all who were accepted. I think I figure out who some of you are already. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email from NEOMED. I need to confirm my acceptance into the program by March 13th.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you sure? I received 2 email from NEOMED, first one was in error and 1 email for CSU about the next steps. I would contact them if you didn't get the email because you have to accept the offer soon.

So, here's a little bit of information I learned about paying for the CSU portion of the program. Assuming you take 15 credit hours per semester, your total cost of tuition will be $27,000 with a $450 credit hour cost for 4 semesters. This calculation doesn't include lab fees, equipment, books, or software (like webassign). Please feel free to add/edit information!

1) Submit a FAFSA asap but mark that you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree. This can qualify you for loans but not grants. But if you say you aren't pursuing another bachelor's, you won't qualify for grants nor loans. Although, you are declaring second bachelor's degree, just don't get one. Pretend like the classes we need to take are going towards a second degree. For undergrad degrees, you are allowed a maximum of $57,500 in loans.

2) Post-bacc programs count as prep for medical school. This allows post-baccs to qualify for Grad Plus Loans, which are normally available for graduate/medical/law schools. Something you should know is that it effects your graduate loan limit of $138,500 in a lifetime.

3) Here is something I thought about. You cannot get loans from options 1 and 2 at the same time. By recognizing CSU classes as part of a post-bacc program to get loans from Grad Plus, you are, therefore, recognizing you are not getting a second bachelor's degree. And if you say you are receiving a second bachelor's degree, then it won't count as a post-bacc. Therefore, I think option 1 is the best option. If you choose option 2, the max loan limit of $138,000 will be effected by CSU and NEOMED. This would mean you have less loan money for medical school since you used some of it on CSU. However, if you choose option 1, CSU tuition will be paid by the $57,500 since it counts as undergrad work. The $138,500 max loan amount will remain untouched until you use it for medical school.

4) Additionally, there are scholarships and there really isn't a difference in scholarships for people pursuing their first or second bachelor's. You can get small ones of maybe $400, but if you get a bunch they add up. Also, banks and credit unions can give unsecured student loans. PNC is a good place to start.

I just found a good website to search for scholarships: fastweb.com

Im lucky that I didn’t take out any student loans during my undergrad and I’m also lucky that I did well in pre-req. I can get through all the requirement by taking 6 credits each semester and 8 except 1.

Also most school and Cleveland state charge per credit hour till you are full time. So it’s more like 20000 for the full 2 year of full time

Also, the FAFSA deadline for the 2020-2021 year is June 30th, 2020, but applying early gives you access to loans that are in limited numbers.

has anyone received their acceptance letter from CSU and signed up for classes and all that jazz? I am still waiting for my letter and contacted the person we were told to contact if we did not receive a letter and all she told me to do was wait lol

I have a phone meeting with ronetta to set up my ICP and Promo document next week

I was told that CSU does not offer financial aid for retake classes

Hello, I'm an M3 at NEOMED who went through the CSU pathway. I serve as one of the mentors for current/entering CSU students. If anyone has questions about CSU or NEOMED, reach out. Congrats to those who were accepted and hope youre all staying safe.

Side note: I received a two year scholarship that helped pay for tuition while a CSU student. I'd look into scholarships associated with the partnership on the CSU website.

Thank you so much. Do you know if that scholarship is still available?

Just register for classes
What classes did you sign up for? Also who is our advisor we speak to? I'm still waiting for my transcript credit evaluation to be complete. But I already registered for all the classes I believe I need to take. I got all As in undergrad so I am not worried about having to retake.

What classes did you sign up for? Also who is our advisor we speak to? I'm still waiting for my transcript credit evaluation to be complete. But I already registered for all the classes I believe I need to take. I got all As in undergrad so I am not worried about having to retake.
Her name was Ronetta. She setup my ICP and told me which classes to take. You might run into a issue because you have to take 30 credits while at CSU. I signed up for both BIO and PHYS sequence. Also the urban health and professional development 1.

Thank you so much. Do you know if that scholarship is still available?

This is the scholarship I was referring to. It used to be NEOMED/CSU pathway specific but it seems this is no longer the case.

Theres a dean's grant for partnership students on the link below.

This is the scholarship I was referring to. It used to be NEOMED/CSU pathway specific but it seems this is no longer the case.

Theres a dean's grant for partnership students on the link below.

Nice thanks!