New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Just got an II today, sched. for Jan. 13. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this interview? I heard it's pretty laid back but I'm stressed because my interview is so late in the cycle, I really wanna nail it!

(my stats in case anyone is curious: Complete 8/4, MCAT=514, cGPA=3.6, sGPA 3.5, LM=69, OOS- Maryland)

My advice: First, don't stress!! It really is very laid back and conversational. Second, look over the questions on SDN that are posted, pretty much all the questions were on that list so you can think about possible answers. Also, look over their website and come up with some thoughtful questions for them, just make sure they aren't questions that you could find an answer to easily! Lastly, make sure to enjoy your day - you have great stats, and they obviously want to meet you!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed last week, pretty nice campus, good facilities, not sure if I'll end up going there though. Good luck to all.

I have an interview this friday for the NY campus but was already accepted to state school. Do you think it is still worth it to check it out even if OOS? Thanks!

II!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my application and II..good luck to you all!

Thanks for sharing! Was yours also one 1-on-1 interview?

Yes it was, just one 1-on-1 interview (anywhere from 20 min to 40 min depending on the interviewer). They did not ask any specific questions from my file, but did check my personal statement at one point. Overall just very conversational

still no word on acceptances/waitlists/rejections for those who interviewed in early/mid September? 8 weeks is here!

still no word on acceptances/waitlists/rejections for those who interviewed in early/mid September? 8 weeks is here!
Hey guys,
interviewed the last week of September. I called last Thursday and they said nothing has been sent out yet –they're still meeting as a committee. Hang in there!

Has anyone else called during the last week to inquire about acceptance packages?

Has anyone else called during the last week to inquire about acceptance packages?
I called yesterday and was told (very nicely) that they were still making decisions and nothing had been sent out. The person I spoke with said he thought they should be ready "soon"...

Reactions: 1 users
I called yesterday and was told (very nicely) that they were still making decisions and nothing had been sent out. The person I spoke with said he thought they should be ready "soon"...
Thanks for the update! This wait it torturous though...I hope we find out before the holiday

anyone know what time the interview day ends for the afternoon session? interviewing tomorrow

Thanks for the update! This wait it torturous though...I hope we find out before the holiday

I know, last year's thread indicates they were later than the 6-8 weeks but people still started hearing in mid November so I'm hoping its the same this year!

Interviewed today. This school is amazing. Definitely one of my top choices. Hope to gain an acceptance here!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
It's been over 2 months since I got the completion email should I call up the school and ask for a status update? Or is that frowned upon?

It's been over 2 months since I got the completion email should I call up the school and ask for a status update? Or is that frowned upon?
pretty sure they won't tell you anything (their policy)

I think we need to stalk our mailboxes this week

I think we need to stalk our mailboxes this week

I been in stalker mode since this month started. The second I see my mailman on my block I am at the door to greet :bookworm:.

Hi guys,
so I'm taking this as nobody has received an acceptance yet? :/

Also, does anybody know how many interviews vs. how many people they accept are?

Also, does anybody know how many interviews vs. how many people they accept are?

I've been paying closer attention to the mail/this forum than my own job haha. I don't think they released any acceptances yet. I'm not sure about the ratio of interviewed vs accepted, but I remember reading somewhere 65% acceptance rate? I could be off a little

I've been paying closer attention to the mail/this forum than my own job haha. I don't think they released any acceptances yet. I'm not sure about the ratio of interviewed vs accepted, but I remember reading somewhere 65% acceptance rate? I could be off a little
ok, thank you! and haha me too! the wait is driving me crazy!

congrats! if you don't mind sharing, what were your stats? when were you complete?
sGPA: 3.23 cGPA: 3.38 MCAT: 508. Completed July 5th. Not the most competitive numbers, but it shouldn't stop you from pursuing your dream of becoming a doctor.

I've been told that NYITCOM AdComs like applicants who keep in contact and express their continued interest in the school. You have to realize that they receive thousands of applications each cycle, so if you really want to get into this school, let them know and be active because that's the only way they notice you! Nothing in life is just handed to you.
Also, I suggest you to go on their Campus Tour on November 18th (http://www.nyit.edu/medicine/events). This is a great opportunity to speak with current students and AdCom members. I highly suggest it for anybody who is really serious about attending this school.

Got my acceptance package today and I will be attending. See you folks at orientation :)

Reactions: 12 users