NYCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Most likely yes. Deciding btw LECOM Erie and NYCOM as of now. How about you?

Not sure yet, still waiting to hear back from a few schools. The $1500 deposit deadline might be a pain though...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!Where are you from? When was the letter postmarked?

Postmarked December 6th, just found out because I had to wait for my parents to mail it to me at school!
I'm from Wantagh (Long Island) about 20 minutes from campus.

Have you heard anything yet?

Postmarked December 6th, just found out because I had to wait for my parents to mail it to me at school!
I'm from Wantagh (Long Island) about 20 minutes from campus.

Have you heard anything yet?

Gah! I'm still waiting! It's making so nervous/ anxious that so many heard back and I haven't yet. Then again I think they are sending it to my school address in PA? Or my permanent residence in NJ? Idk but I just wanna hear back and I pray it's good news! :(

well good luck! fingers crossed for you, and hope you hear soon!

Accepted! Received it in the mail Friday 12/9, interviewed 11/8. My stats are 26P c3.6 s3.3. Is anyone planning on making a facebook page for NYCOM 2016?

Dumb question maybe...
are they still offering interviews?

OOS, when should I expect to hear back (completed in early november)

Accepted! Received it in the mail Friday 12/9, interviewed 11/8. My stats are 26P c3.6 s3.3. Is anyone planning on making a facebook page for NYCOM 2016?

I totally would but I'm not sure how

Hi pf26, if you don't mind me asking, are you a NY resident?

Interviewed 11/15, Accepted 12/13! Very Excited, loved the school. My first acceptance too :D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i called in asking about the decisions and was hopign they could tell me since i haven't heard back from them and i interviewed 11/10. they tell me to be patient and some letters haven't been mailed out yet but truthfully I think those of us who haven't received good news probably are rejected or waitlisted. I can't imagine how ppl who interviewed later gets the letters earlier.

i called in asking about the decisions and was hopign they could tell me since i haven't heard back from them and i interviewed 11/10. they tell me to be patient and some letters haven't been mailed out yet but truthfully I think those of us who haven't received good news probably are rejected or waitlisted. I can't imagine how ppl who interviewed later gets the letters earlier.

I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

well i hope not either but i think its probably better to face the truth. I asked someone who interviewed on the same date as I did and she already got her acceptance so I can only assume the worst. She lives within like 20 mins of my house. Its really hard to assume anything else. At first I thought oh maybe its due to where we live but after hearing that she got her acceptance, I know its probably just bad news.

well i hope not either but i think its probably better to face the truth. I asked someone who interviewed on the same date as I did and she already got her acceptance so I can only assume the worst. She lives within like 20 mins of my house. Its really hard to assume anything else. At first I thought oh maybe its due to where we live but after hearing that she got her acceptance, I know its probably just bad news.

Are you from NY? It seems like people in NY have gotten their letters first.

Interviewed 11/10, acceptance letter was dated 12/09 but postmarked 12/12 and received 12/13 (today). Give it some time, and try to stay positive...this was the most torturous wait I've experienced thus far.

Interviewed 11/10, acceptance letter was dated 12/09 but postmarked 12/12 and received 12/13 (today). Give it some time, and try to stay positive...this was the most torturous wait I've experienced thus far.

Congrats! Where ya from?

ah hope yet! i am from ny so there is like no chance of delay due to time it takes to get the mail to me. i like literally like an hour away. i could understand if i lived in like alaska itmight take a bit longer haha.

Has anyone that interviewed in November received a letter that they are rejected or wait listed?

ah hope yet! i am from ny so there is like no chance of delay due to time it takes to get the mail to me. i like literally like an hour away. i could understand if i lived in like alaska itmight take a bit longer haha.

Haha I hope you hear from them soon. I'm from NJ but I go to school in PA. So I hope I hear from them like tomorrow! :)

Dumb question maybe...
are they still offering interviews?

OOS, when should I expect to hear back (completed in early november)

I have the same question. Haven't heard a peep from them

I interviewed 11/16 and on my original AACOMAS application I had me legal address in NY, so I'm pretty sure that makes me a NY resident even though I live in Florida. If some of the letters were postmarked 12/12 then I have to imagine I will be getting my letter either today or tomorrow.

3.35 cgpa 3.1 sgpa and 35R MCAT..Anyone with similar numbers get accepted? What are my chances here? I was complete mid-late October but haven't heard back from them yet.

Accepted!! I just received the letter the 17th, postmarked the 16th, interviewed 11/9. GPA 3.7 MCAT 28R. From Long Island. I'm really excited, I'm pretty sure NYCOM will be my choice! Good luck to everyone!

Ok so I interviewed on 11/08 and still have not heard back. Should I be worried?
can people who interviewed around the same time reply back (specially if you are still waiting for a response)

Ok so I interviewed on 11/08 and still have not heard back. Should I be worried?
can people who interviewed around the same time reply back (specially if you are still waiting for a response)

i think u should be worried. i interviewed on 11/10 and have not heard back and i am worried. BUT there is hope! sabrina's acceptance took a month +11 days so there is hope. at least i hope there is hope for us...

i think u should be worried. i interviewed on 11/10 and have not heard back and i am worried. BUT there is hope! sabrina's acceptance took a month +11 days so there is hope. at least i hope there is hope for us...

I would call and let them know when your interview date was and you are just concerned since you haven't heard back. They told me that my decision was sent out when I called 12/12. At least you have an idea if it's just the mail being slow or it's them. Best of luck to both of you! Have hope!!!!

I would call and let them know when your interview date was and you are just concerned since you haven't heard back. They told me that my decision was sent out when I called 12/12. At least you have an idea if it's just the mail being slow or it's them. Best of luck to both of you! Have hope!!!!

well i have called and they just told me to keep waiting. i'm gonna call them again when i have time.

well i have called and they just told me to keep waiting. i'm gonna call them again when i have time.

Yeah I would just call and ask. And my letter was postmarked 12/12 so I guess they just haven't mailed yours out yet. Don't lose hope! :xf:

I interviewed on 11/10 as well, and my letter was postmarked on 12/12 (if I remember correctly)...If you don't hear anything by the end of the week, then worry (I assume everyone will be on break?). Until then, I'd just continue to be patient

Hey guys!

Good luck to those interviewing and congratulations to those who got in. I'm a current first year, just finished the first half. It's grueling, people, get ready! Med school is actually as hard as everyone says...unfortunately. ;)

In the meantime, if any of you have any questions about classes, apps, the interview process, or med school in general, feel free to message me.

Hey guys!

Good luck to those interviewing and congratulations to those who got in. I'm a current first year, just finished the first half. It's grueling, people, get ready! Med school is actually as hard as everyone says...unfortunately. ;)

In the meantime, if any of you have any questions about classes, apps, the interview process, or med school in general, feel free to message me.

Amen, gotta love Goldstein's pharm questions!

To everyone that returned the acceptance reply form/other paperwork, is there any way of checking that everything was received? Do you know if they will notify us if anything is missing?

To everyone that returned the acceptance reply form/other paperwork, is there any way of checking that everything was received? Do you know if they will notify us if anything is missing?

I called twice this morning but I think they are still on vacation. I just want to make sure admissions received my acceptance reply. I wish there was a easier way but it seems like calling admissions is the only way.

Hm. I wanted to call but I also thought that they might still be on vaca...Have you tried sending an email? I think I'll just follow up first thing next week.

Hm. I wanted to call but I also thought that they might still be on vaca...Have you tried sending an email? I think I'll just follow up first thing next week.

Yeah that's true. I should probably shoot them one.

Last edited:
I was told that they will send out letters letting us know they got it. They didn't say when that would happen but you should expect a conformation letter.

Supposedly NYIT is demanding NYCOM change its name to NYITCOM.

This has, most likely, no relevance at all to anything except for ruining a really good school acronym. NYCOM is pronounceable. NYITCOM sounds like some sort of weird way to say no in russian. Anyone from within NYITCOM-to-be heard about this and can confirm it just for my own curiosity?

Supposedly NYIT is demanding NYCOM change its name to NYITCOM.

This has, most likely, no relevance at all to anything except for ruining a really good school acronym. NYCOM is pronounceable. NYITCOM sounds like some sort of weird way to say no in russian. Anyone from within NYITCOM-to-be heard about this and can confirm it just for my own curiosity?

I have also heard this from other current students.....Seems silly to me. I liked NYCOM but whats in a name? On another note, I also heard NYCOM is going to be sharing it's rotation sites with TOURO in the very near future. Any word on that tid bit?

I have also heard this from other current students.....Seems silly to me. I liked NYCOM but whats in a name? On another note, I also heard NYCOM is going to be sharing it's rotation sites with TOURO in the very near future. Any word on that tid bit?

We heard that too. This is what I heard from reliable sources: NYCOM and Touro had signed a non-competition agreement for 5 years which runs out next year. We hired one of your old clinical deans (Steier, not sure if he was an assistant or a full dean) to be our clinical dean. TUMEC (touro university MEC. Which is CA and NV, not NY) wants to pull out of its eastern holdings and hand them over to TouroNY but we dont have a true consortium yet (we do have a NJ one, but as its run by one dude and hes only NJ, it wont apply to the various NY holdings).

and then I heard a solution being thrown out there is to let the NJ Consortium be a subset of a shared clinical site network that would be NYCOM sites, our NJ sites and our couple of sites Touro CA/NV is trying to formally pass on to us. I figure the assumption here is touro wants to move east into LI and NYCOM wants to move west into NJ. Given that the NJ sites are supposed to be opening up a crapton of residencies within their little nucleus, it makes sense for both schools to try to do this. NYCOM could use more sites with residencies under their purview (I think any school could, for that matter) and Touro needs diversity of sites. Cooperation sounds cool to me.

Hey guys. I have my interview late January. I heard that its going to be a closed-file interview. Is that right? What kind of questions did you guys face (like more research based or academic or personal)? Also, I know D.O's care a lot about the health care system, did you guys find any questions on it? Would appreciate your answers.

Hello everyone!

I was complete by beginning of October and haven’t heard a peep from NYCOM :confused: Is that a bad sign? I tried calling yesterday but no one picked up, I guess they’re on vacation. Does any one happen to know how long NYCOM will be interviewing? All I know is that seem to be a much later schedule that most schools judging by last years thread, so I suppose not hearing back cant be that bad but it still makes me really nervous!

That void at the bottom of my stomach seems to progressively get bigger each day … not even food can fill it at this point :scared:

Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone :)