OFFICIAL 2008 Interview Invite Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it just means they're unfriendly and enigmatic. I wouldn't want to go to a school that doesn't want me contacting them. But that's just me.

Question for anyone that applied to, is in, or knows anything about University of Missouri - Kansas City:

Do they even conduct interviews? It is the only school I haven't either gotten an invitation from or heard that invitations are either out that I applied to. I checked out their website and found .

Does this mean they just send out offers of admission with no interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Question for anyone that applied to, is in, or knows anything about University of Missouri - Kansas City:

Do they even conduct interviews? It is the only school I haven't either gotten an invitation from or heard that invitations are either out that I applied to. I checked out their website and found .

Does this mean they just send out offers of admission with no interviews?

Received a rejection letter from them last Thursday, so I'd take it that if you haven't heard from them yet you're still being considered.

Anyone know about NYU PhD developmental program?

Members don't see this ad :)
The first interview day is actually March 14, not the 15th.

Received a telephone call from Albany today telling me the interview day is either March 15th or 17th; The on-site interview for UF coulseing psychology (in Psychology Department) is Feb 25th.

Someone told me that it is still early in the process and most schools have not extended interviews -- is this true?

I think someone posted it yesterday, but I'm not sure. They are still calling for interviews! So if you're waiting ... don't give up!!!!!!!
I JUST got one!:D
Awesome! Except that airfare on short notice is highway robbery!:eek:

Even though it was posted a while ago, I just got called by my POI at Catholic University for interviews 2/25. There is still hope:)

Someone told me that it is still early in the process and most schools have not extended interviews -- is this true?

*edit....I read this wrong*

I think a lot of programs have extended invites, but there are still some that are traditionally late at extended invitation offers. I believe a number of Canadian programs drag their feet a bit, and sometimes places do a second round (if their first round didn't yield good matches).....though this isn't a common occurance.

Today I got a phone call from the director of grad admissions inviting me to interview with them on March 3.

Anyone know about NYU PhD developmental program?

Is this for developmental track of cognition/perception or social? I believe the cog/perception did their interviews the first week of feb. I heard this from another person who had interviewed there (I was not invited!). When I wrote an e-mail to the graduate studies assistant she wrote back that she was unable to tell me anything about interview dates or invites!

Also, for U New Mexico, it seems like someone was invited on page one, but I haven't heard anything. I am waiting on them and Wisconsin-Madison!

Any word from New Mexico (clinical)?

I too and still waiting on the University of New Mexico (clinical) and not giving up hope yet gosh darnit! haha... but really, anyone else heard from them? I know apps were due kind of late but really, it seems like they should start extending invites for interviews, doesn't it?

I'm getting a bit antsy... this whole "going to graduate school fall 08" thing isn't working out the way i planned it would ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
i have an interview at mcgill tomorrow, but they don't seem to have a whole weekend. i set up everything up with my poi and i don't know that any other interviewees will even be there.

Anyone hear anything from New School for Social Research? I'm almost torn whether to post this question here or in the other psych forum, since it's a masters program, but it's also the only way of getting into their PhD track...

So I never thought this day would come for me this year but it did. Just as I had given up all hope of getting a call my POI from Reno calls and invites me for the interview!!!!! :laugh: My first and probably only call this year!!!!

Interview weekend is Feb 29-Mar 02. I had contatced them last week and the secretary said that all interviews had been extented and letters sent to applicants. I heard of someone who got a rejection letter. I was waiting for mine and got a call instead.

So for everyone out there who is giving up hope...DON'T. There IS still a chance and I guess people are right when they say it ain't over until you get that rejection letter!!!!!

So for everyone out there who is giving up hope...DON'T. There IS still a chance and I guess people are right when they say it ain't over until you get that rejection letter!!!!!

Thanks for your words of encouragement! I've only interviewed at one PhD program so far (and I think it went well :D). Despite the fact that I am anxiously awaiting decisions (eh hem...DePaul-Clinical Child: anyone received anything recently?:scared:), I'm reminding myself that very same thing! It's not over until you get that rejection letter!

Best of luck everyone! Hang in there! :luck::luck::luck:

I know SDSU/UCSD already sent out invites a little while ago, but I just wanted to announce that they FINALLY received my transcript!! Haha. It only took 3 times. :p

Too bad I didn't get an interview so it doesn't REALLY matter. Haha.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this website- I just found out about it and read all 27 pages of posts! I am wondering if people are receiving rejections via mail or email? I haven't received any rejections via email yet, but maybe they send them out...

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this website- I just found out about it and read all 27 pages of posts! I am wondering if people are receiving rejections via mail or email? I haven't received any rejections via email yet, but maybe they send them out...

Perhaps someone should start an official rejection thread!! I know there's an unofficial one "Village of the Dinged." Anyway, I haven't received any formal rejections yet either. Some do them by E-mail, some by snail mail, some just let you check your online status, and some supposedly never even tell you! But I think a lot of schools wait until April to send out rejection letters... just to make sure they filled their spots.

Hi everyone,

This is for social psych, but I got mine through snail mail (CUNY).

I know someone who was rejected from Yale's program, and that was by email.

I got in the mail today an offer of admission from teachers college for their masters program and rejection to their counseling ph.d program which is what I had originally applied to.

LIU-Brooklyn (phone call; they just started to assign callers & interviewers) is interviewing on Sat. 2/23 & I think also Sat. 3/1.

I've only gotten one interview at this point and haven't heard from most of my programs. It's really tough to still hang on to hope at a lot of schools right now... so how about we start posting places that sound like there are still pretty good chances...

Here are my hopefuls (I think they've only begun invites, if at all). Feel free to burst my bubble though:
BU
Delaware
Penn State (? I've heard mixed things about this one)
UFL (technically I think they are still deliberating)
Emory (?)

And my "maybe there's still hope" places:
UMD
Northwestern (Feinberg)
Yale
UNC Chapel Hill

Just for the fun of it, these are my rejections (i.e. my "you didn't get an interview and you won't"):
UMN
SDSU/UCSD
Berkeley
Wash U
Pitt

Where do you still have hope? :luck:

By the way, I highly recommend watching the show "Intervention" on A&E if you find yourself drowning in stress about this process.
The first time I watched it, I thought it was too depressing.

But right about now, it makes me remember how much worse my life could be!!!!:thumbup:

I invite you to wander over to the thread called the only one invite club ... many folks there in your exact situation.

I've only gotten one interview at this point and haven't heard from most of my programs. It's really tough to still hang on to hope at a lot of schools right now... so how about we start posting places that sound like there are still pretty good chances...

Here are my hopefuls (I think they've only begun invites, if at all). Feel free to burst my bubble though:
BU
Delaware
Penn State (? I've heard mixed things about this one)
UFL (technically I think they are still deliberating)
Emory (?)

And my "maybe there's still hope" places:
UMD
Northwestern (Feinberg)
Yale
UNC Chapel Hill

Just for the fun of it, these are my rejections (i.e. my "you didn't get an interview and you won't"):
UMN
SDSU/UCSD
Berkeley
Wash U
Pitt

Where do you still have hope? :luck:

I also applied to UNC-CH but didn't get an interview. And unless the people they interview next week turn out to be completely socially awkward (here's hoping!! :laugh:), I'm pretty sure it'll be a rejection for me. I interviewed at UMaryland-College Park last weekend, and I'm pretty sure they're not extending any more invites. However, I do know that 2 of the faculty members at Maryland only invited 3 applicants each to interview... so maybe there is a chance none of the 3 will work out. Who is your POI there?

oh, and I'm still waiting on Wisconsin-Madison, St. John's (adult), and Purdue.

I received an email from a professor inviting me to their interview day, which is Feb. 25.

How am I supposed to obsessively check my voice mails and e-mails now that I dropped (and flushed) my phone down the toilet? I'm screwed, at least for a few days. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

Is this for developmental track of cognition/perception or social? I believe the cog/perception did their interviews the first week of feb. I heard this from another person who had interviewed there (I was not invited!). When I wrote an e-mail to the graduate studies assistant she wrote back that she was unable to tell me anything about interview dates or invites!

Also, for U New Mexico, it seems like someone was invited on page one, but I haven't heard anything. I am waiting on them and Wisconsin-Madison!
Yeah NYU will NOT under any circumstances give you information about that. But they HAVE bumped up their invites soooooo if you haven't received an invite yet... you won't.

Anyone hear anything from New School for Social Research? I'm almost torn whether to post this question here or in the other psych forum, since it's a masters program, but it's also the only way of getting into their PhD track...

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think they interview. i have been checking and checking my app. online, and so far, nada.

even though it is a masters, because there are many folks like ourselves with an eye on the phd, they may have a more complicated admissions process than some other MAs.

FYI U of M sent out invites for clinical psych. Interviews will be March 7-9.

I too and still waiting on the University of New Mexico (clinical) and not giving up hope yet gosh darnit! haha... but really, anyone else heard from them? I know apps were due kind of late but really, it seems like they should start extending invites for interviews, doesn't it?

I'm getting a bit antsy... this whole "going to graduate school fall 08" thing isn't working out the way i planned it would ;)

Yes. I received an email from my POI at the end of January. My understanding of the way the process at U of NM works is that you first speak with your POI (1st round, phone interview) and then if there is a match, etc - you are invited to the open house/interview on campus scheduled for the beginning of March. I spoke to my POI in February and was contacted a week later and invited to the open house/interview. So it could be that your POI has not started to contact people yet.

Out of curiosity, I called Columbia again after reading that people received invitations to interview, which conflicted with what I was told and posted. Today I was given different information. Basically, invitations for interviews have been extended, but the committee is still reviewing applications and may extend more invitations. (This may be the week to week and a half period that I was originally told?????)

How am I supposed to obsessively check my voice mails and e-mails now that I dropped (and flushed) my phone down the toilet? I'm screwed, at least for a few days. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

I suppose Freud would have a field day with that...

:D

Adelphi (Clinical PhD) is also offering interviews the week of 3/3.

FYI U of M sent out invites for clinical psych. Interviews will be March 7-9.

Would you mind posting how/when you heard (or you can PM me if you want)? I'm on the edge of my seat about UMich...(I assume you're talking about Ann Arbor campus, right?)

Did you apply for both masters and Ph.D. and get an offer for their masters? or did you just apply for the Ph.D program?

I got in the mail today an offer of admission from teachers college for their masters program and rejection to their counseling ph.d program which is what I had originally applied to.

I figured it had been awhile (a week really, but it seems like forever) since I asked this and thought it was worth asking again. Has anyone heard anything from Virginia Tech-clinical? Their application was due on Dec 15th.

The director of the program said they'll be inviting people this week to interview. She didn't give me an interview date though.

I thought that someone else had posted Temple interviews? I'm sort of confused as to how this works. When I check the original thread list- two of my interests (UPenn & Temple) are listed as:

"Univ. of Pittsburgh (Clinical Psych PhD, phone invite from POI, interview 2/22-2/23) (contacted for phone interview, possible face-to-face interview if there is a good match)"
"Temple University (interviews 2/1, 2/4) (School psych PhD, email from a prof, interview 2/25)"

Which means, if I haven't heard yet, I was at least not in the first round of people they contacted, right?

Let me know if this is correct. Sorry everyone, I'm new, but loving this forum!

Thanks!!!

I figured it had been awhile (a week really, but it seems like forever) since I asked this and thought it was worth asking again. Has anyone heard anything from Virginia Tech-clinical? Their application was due on Dec 15th.

I'm still waiting too....

I tried calling last week and was unable to get a person on the phone. Should we try again?

I received a personal valentine today from my Professor or Interest! :love: What, didn't everyone? I heard this was the norm if you are going to be accepted.

Now, if you wouldn't all mind filling out this State Strait Anixiety Inventory.

Debriefing: Thank you for allowing me to induce a mild state of anxiety in all of you in the name of mad science. This study is dealing with stress levels of applicants to graduate school and how much it takes to push them over the limit so they go postal. :boom: Receiving a valentine from your POI is not the norm nor is it probably acceptable. Just so no one feels left out this Valentine's Day, I would like to extend a Valentine's Day greetings to all of you: (picture of a smiling train) "I choo choo choose you to be my Valentine!" :love: (the very same one Lisa Simpson once sent to Ralph Wiggum on the Simpsons!). There, no more anxiety. You are all back to normal which was probably rather abmormal anyway!:laugh: Any questions can be addressed to GiantSteps. The IBR for this study was Ollie123 (he will basically approve anything if it means sticking it to the traditional IBR reasoning! He does not even require consents because he is tired of all the signatures). :laugh:

I wonder if I should send my POI chocolates or flowers? :laugh:

Now if you will all excuse me, I have to go deliver all my valentines to all of my PO(L)Is!

I was contacted by email by an admissions person at St. John's and was told that they never received my online application. I responded and said that I have proof of submitting my application and of payment. I tried calling this person and she doesn't pick up her phone and her mailbox is full. She still has not responded to my email either. I know interviews are already being extended and I fear that this may actually hurt me, what should I do?

I was contacted by email by an admissions person at St. John's and was told that they never received my online application. I responded and said that I have proof of submitting my application and of payment. I tried calling this person and she doesn't pick up her phone and her mailbox is full. She still has not responded to my email either. I know interviews are already being extended and I fear that this may actually hurt me, what should I do?

They told ME they are jmissing my lab report & undergrad transcript... Yet DHL says it was signed for on 1/4. Annoying... and the person's mailbox is full!

They told ME they are jmissing my lab report & undergrad transcript... Yet DHL says it was signed for on 1/4. Annoying... and the person's mailbox is full!

i'd say call or email someone in the program itself, perhaps the DCT. that is really wrong. i had a similar thing happen at one school. i had called admissions several times to make sure they had gotten everything, and they said that they were too swamped to look right now, but to call back if they didn't get back to me. when i finally got through to them and they were willing to give me an answer, my gre scores WERE missing, and all the apps had already been sent to the department, leaving me to be considered only after all the "complete" apps were considered and invites extended. because ETS was my problem (and there is no way i know of of seeing if it was an ETS, grad school, or USPS mistake) i just had to lump it, but with a reciept of delivery, i saw this is too important to just let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.