Official 2014-2015 Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha thanks. Hit a nice steak in the last two days. I'm hoping a few nci centers come thru in the next couple weeks.

How many interviews do you think you are going on? I was originally thinking 10. I might do more depending on proximity.

Guessing 12-13 if I can fit them in. Probably unnecessary, but I'd rather be safe then sorry come December.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got MDACC. Only gave me one interview date with no other options... strange.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Advocate Lutheran General: 08/21
Albert Einstein-Montefiore: 08/08
Albert Einstein-Philadelphia: 08/19
Arizona: 08/21
BIDMC: 07/18
Boston University: 08/07
Brown: 07/30
Case Western: 08/14
Chicago: 08/18
Cincinnati: 08/15
Colorado: 08/12
Columbia: 08/21-22
Connecticut: 08/11
Cook County: 08/22
Dana Farber/Harvard: 08/06
Dartmouth: 08/18
Drexel: 08/18
Duke: 07/28
ECU: 07/25
Emory:08/14
ETSU: 08/19
Fox Chase: 07/29
Florida: 08/06
Georgetown: 07/30
George Washington: 08/15
Gunderson: 08/21
Illinois-Chicago: 08/08
Iowa: 08/12
Jackson Memorial/Miami: 08/12
Jefferson: 08/13
Johns Hopkins: 08/11
Karmanos/Wayne State University 08/21
Kentucky: 08/08
Lankeanu Medical Center: 08/08
Lehigh Clinic: 08/22
Loma Linda: 7/31
Louisville: 08/01
Loyola: 08/22
LSU-NOLA: 08/07
LSU Shreveport: 08/18
Marshall: 08/21
Massachusetts: 08/22
Mayo Clinic: 08/15
MD Anderson: 08/09, 22
Medical College of Wisconsin: 08/21
Medstar/Washington Hospital: 08/06
Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSKCC): 08/18
Moffit/USF: 07/18
Michigan: 07/18
Mt Sinai: 08/11
MUSC: 08/08
NIH: 08/08
Northwestern: 08/12
NSLIJ: 08/08
NYU: 07/28
OHSU: 08/11
Ohio State: 08/21
Oklahoma: 08/18
Orlando Health: 07/29
Ochsner: 08/18
Penn: 08/11
Pittsburgh: 08/13
Rochester: 07/23
Roger Williams - Boston University: 08/21
Roswell Park: 08/08
Scripps: 08/08
Scott and White: 08/07
St. Elizabeth: 08/14
Tennessee: 08/12
Texas Tech Lubbock: 7/29
Tufts: 08/18
UC Davis: 08/08
UC Irvine: 08/21
UCLA-Harbor: 07/29
UCLA-Olive View: 08/22
UCSD: 8/15
UCSF: 07/29
UNC: 07/30
USC: 07/31
Utah: 08/08
UT Southwestern: 08/11
Vanderbilt: 07/23
Vermont: 08/07
Virginia: 08/08
Virginia Commonwealth: 07/22
Wake Forest: 08/18
Washington/Fred Hutch: 08/08
Wash U: 08/08
Wisconsin: 08/04
Yale: 07/30

Last edited:
@gutonc
What do you think of medical oncology only fellowships?
In terms of job market afterwards? I know some med oncologists who are in practice with a group and doing both hem and onc.
I did it. I'm Onc-only trained. I have a community-based (but academish) job and I see ~20% benign heme. Most of them a modestly intelligent M2 could manage, the rest gets turfed to the ivory tower.

I did it. I'm Onc-only trained. I have a community-based (but academish) job and I see ~20% benign heme. Most of them a modestly intelligent M2 could manage, the rest gets turfed to the ivory tower.
Just got UC IRvine !! I am surprised beyond words

Reactions: 1 user
very calm day for me :) No Int or rejection. Hopefully, will get some good interviews next week.

UCLA olive view and UC Irvine today... (8/22)

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA-Olive View today too (8/22)

Oncaspirer, are u img or amg. btw congratss on ur interviews. Stuck at 5. need more to be safe.!:)

OHSU !! I trained in a community hosp in Portland, i think that has something to do with this coz i wasnt expecting this

Reactions: 3 users
I'm an east coaster trying to move out west but with a total lack of west coast IVs! It's so competitive. Just USC so far. Looks like others are having more success, congrats...it's apparently no easy feat.
I'll hold out a little hope for next week...

I'm an east coaster trying to move out west but with a total lack of west coast IVs! It's so competitive. Just USC so far. Looks like others are having more success, congrats...it's apparently no easy feat.

Its so random, but Columbia is a nice consolation prize :)

I wonder if geography matters ?? I am not getting many east coast interviews which I was expecting ,but I have a few west coast now which I was not. IMG and live in ca

Yeah davis and the dream ucla :)
I have heard one needs phd and such to get call from ucla... So I am not really expecting anything from them. Harbor has not sent out bulk invites yet, at least not reported to sdn

The invite from UCI says that the interview ends at the VA in Long Beach around 3 PM. What is the earliest flight that would be safe for me to take out or should I leave the next morning? I should have called and asked more specifics today, I want to book the flight this weekend since the interview is coming up...thanks

The invite from UCI says that the interview ends at the VA in Long Beach around 3 PM. What is the earliest flight that would be safe for me to take out or should I leave the next morning? I should have called and asked more specifics today, I want to book the flight this weekend since the interview is coming up...thanks
Depends on where you're flying from. LAX? Give yourself 2 hours to get there (plus another hour for the security theater that is air travel in the US these days). Long Beach? You can probably cut it a little closer.

Depends on where you're flying from. LAX? Give yourself 2 hours to get there (plus another hour for the security theater that is air travel in the US these days). Long Beach? You can probably cut it a little closer.

I'm leaving from John Wayne. I ended up just selecting the next date, I rather have some time. I'm used to Chicago craziness, but not the mayhem of California.

I'm leaving from John Wayne. I ended up just selecting the next date, I rather have some time. I'm used to Chicago craziness, but not the mayhem of California.
Wise on both fronts (waiting a day and not flying out of LAX...that place is a s***show).

When is your interview. I asked for sep 19th have not heard back yet

I would suggest 530 to 6PM, John Wayne is not too far away from Long Beach VA. It is not as hectic as LAX either

Update: UAB, MSKCC, Tufts, and Wake Forest this week.
Rejection to UCSD.

Can it be December already.... This whole process is so anxiety provoking

Update: Barnes-Jewish, St.Louis last week
already listed

Don't over think it. It's just like it was in residency interviews. Dress business casual, don't get drunk and look interested.
Do most programs do dinners ? I only have the invites and no details yet and already booking tickets....may be better to hold off on tickets until I have full itenary

Hoping a great week for all of us. :)))

OHSU last week. Not sure whether or not to go. Jersey seems like a more hip future home. Hoping for UMDNJ

Status
Not open for further replies.