Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Updating out of sheer desperation. Just got my third rejection today. On the one hand, I'm happy to hear any news at this point because waiting is absolute torture. But I'm starting to lose hope. So fortunate for the 1 interview I've had but still feeling really discouraged today.

1 II
1 Hold
3 Rejections
10 Silence

Don't give up! I'm in the exact same place as you... Spent like half the night reading through last years' threads and it seems like plenty of people who waited this long got IIs and acceptances even in December and January. Just focus on acing that one interview (if its yet to come)! My lone II is on monday and I'm panicking but excited.... I applied to 3 DOs a couple of weeks ago, and am planning to apply for an SMP in case even those pan out... always a good idea to have a couple backup plans!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been holding off for a while but I guess I'll throw myself in here for good luck's sake! So tired of refreshing email...fingers crossed I'll get good news from one of my interviews this week.

LizzyM <65
Applied: 25 MD
6II (attended 4 so far)
2 holds (survived GW slaughter woo!)
4 rejections, 3 secondaries never received, 1 withdrawal - wouldn't meet requirements
Silence from 9

Don't give up! I'm in the exact same place as you... Spent like half the night reading through last years' threads and it seems like plenty of people who waited this long got IIs and acceptances even in December and January. Just focus on acing that one interview (if its yet to come)! My lone II is on monday and I'm panicking but excited.... I applied to 3 DOs a couple of weeks ago, and am planning to apply for an SMP in case even those pan out... always a good idea to have a couple backup plans!

Thanks for the kind words! I actually attended my one interview a week or so ago and it went really, really well! Keeping my fingers crossed. It's just so stressful to feel like it's all riding on one school.

Wishing you the best of luck at your upcoming interview! Mine was surprisingly laid back and conversational. Hope yours is, too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the kind words! I actually attended my one interview a week or so ago and it went really, really well! Keeping my fingers crossed. It's just so stressful to feel like it's all riding on one school.

Wishing you the best of luck at your upcoming interview! Mine was surprisingly laid back and conversational. Hope yours is, too!

Thats awesome! I hope it works out for you!! And thanks for the good luck! mine is MMI which I'm excited for, but I wish I had a couple so I could trust that I'd get used to the process after the first one... But all it takes is one success to be a doctor!

But after all this fuss to think that I could have just applied to this one school? Its almost hilarious. Until I look at my bank account lol...

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping for another II...
Even if im sick of interviewing.

5 II (4 attended)
1 hold (EVMS)
1 rejection (GW)
0 acceptances

hoping for some good luck, didn't make it through the rochester mass rejection, but I survived the GW slaughter for now....

sent out a few update letters to schools that seemed receptive to that kind of thing, hopefully some good comes from that! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping for another II...
Even if im sick of interviewing.

5 II (4 attended)
1 hold (EVMS)
1 rejection (GW)
0 acceptances
Same.
3 IIs (2 attended, have the last one this week)
3 preinterview rejections
1 deference post-interview
3 preinterview holds
11 silence

Same.
3 IIs (2 attended, have the last one this week)
3 preinterview rejections
1 deference post-interview
3 preinterview holds
11 silence

This having 4 outstanding interview decisions pending is killing me inside.

2 II (both attended)
1 post interview "hold"
1 pre interview rejection
16 silence

Complete mid to late August

Ohhhhh you poor thang you...Lol, but forreal wishing good vibes your way, chances are at least 1 of the 4 go your way! :)

I know I'm lucky to be already through this part, but the day before October 15th I was having out of body experiences.

Long ass cycle.

Update!
1 II, 1 acceptance:biglove:
3 holds
3 rejections
Silence from 15 others
Hoping for some more IIs but if not I can't complain! I'm very grateful for an MD acceptance!!

Keep it up guys! We've got this:)

Reactions: 13 users
Updating in hopes of some more good fortune

3 II (2 Attended, 1 Withdrawn)
1 Acceptance
5 Rejections
12 Silence

Y'all are my favorite group of people, keep working hard!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been lurking for a while on this thread, but figure if posting can bring luck to others, it may bring some luck to me.

Lizzy M 68-70 (new MCAT). Completed most applications late August through mid September.

2 II (2 Attended)
1 Rejection (Mayo pre-LOR: applied right before their deadline did not expect any love from them)
Silence from 25 others

Hoping for an acceptance following two positive interview experiences, and hopefully a few more interview opportunities in the near future.

Congrats to everyone who survived the GW and Vandy storm this week! Its been an eventful week I got rejected at both of those, waitlisted at U Miami, and accepted at Virginia Tech!

LizzyM 69 (3.2 sGPA)
Total Rejections: 7, Acceptances: 5 (4 MD & 1 DO)

Dropping some of the acceptance this week, hope they go to people on here!

Reactions: 10 users
update

Lizzy M 66-67 (non-trad)
IIs: 6 MD (rosalind franklin, albany, temple, george washington, fiu, vermont), 1 DO (lecom-bradenton)
Hold:1
Acceptance: 1 (lecom-bradenton)
Rejections:3 (georgetown, rochester, tulane)
Silence:17

Rooting for all the other re-applicants on this thread!

Reactions: 5 users
update

Lizzy M 66-67 (non-trad)
IIs: 6 MD (rosalind franklin, albany, temple, george washington, fiu, vermont), 1 DO (lecom-bradenton)
Hold:1
Acceptance: 1 (lecom-bradenton)
Rejections:3 (georgetown, rochester, tulane)
Silence:17

Rooting for all the other re-applicants on this thread!

Did you get the Lecom-B Acceptance email today too?!?!?!

I hope posting here will send some good luck my way. Seems like most are doing well this cycle. Good job everyone!

LillyM ~ 66 (new mcat)

IIs: 0
Holds: 0
Acceptances: 0
Rejections: 6 (all MDs)
Silence: 22 MDs, 1 DO

Can't wait to share some positive updates!

Congrats everyone!

Does anyone here feel like you are kind of borderline? Like with just slightly higher stats you'd get massive amounts of II's

Do you guys think us sub 70 Lizzy M's will get a lot of Spring IIs?

Just got another interview! YASSSSS. Hope you all get more interviews and acceptances really soon :) LizzyM ~66-67
3 II
1 Hold
2 Rejections
All MDs!

LizzyM ~68

Acceptances: 3 DO
Interviews: 6 DO (4 attended), 4 MD (1 attended so far)
Holds/Waitlist: 1 DO, 2 MD
Rejections: 3 MD

Wishing you all good luck!

UPDATE:
CA Resident, LizzyM 65
24 Secondaries Completed (mid-July)
11 MD, 13 DO
IIs: 2/2 attended (both DO)
Acceptances: 1 DO:soexcited:
Holds: 2 (1 DO, 1 MD)
Rejections: 6 (4 DO, 2 MD)
Silence: 14

Here's to more good news for everyone here!

UPDATE:
LizzyM of ~68, complete mid-August through late September
15 secondaries completed, waiting on VCU secondary and finishing up VCOM

II: 3 MD (1 attended)
Holds: 1
Rejections: 0

Updating out of despair. I just want one II :'(

LizzyM ~69
16 MD applications
4 rejections (GW, Brown, Boston, Dartmouth)
1 hold (NYMC)
0 II

Reactions: 6 users
Updating!

4 IIs attended - 1 acceptance, waiting to hear from one soon, and two non-rolling schools
2 Holds - withdrew from one, will most likely withdraw from the other soon
2 Rejections - Vandy, USC (just now)

Might as well update again

LizzyM ~67
Applied 42 (30 MD, 12 DO)
4 II (3 attended)
1 Post-interview hold
1 Post-interview waitlist
0 Acceptances

How many rejections have you gotten this cycle so far? We have similar stats and applied to a similar number of schools.
Thus far I'm sitting at seven rejections and five pre-interview holds.
9 rejections. But you've been killing me with all your II and acceptances.

Update for my homies. Congrats to those with acceptances. I'm convinced that more than we realize of our real personality shines through in settings like this. If this is true, I would be happy to work alongside many of you in the future.

DO II: 4 (3 attended, 1 will likely be canceled)
MD II: 2 (2 attended)
Post-interview hold: 1 (MD)
Acceptances: 2 (DO)
Post-interview decision pending: 2 (1 MD, 1 DO)
Pre-interview hold: 1 MD
Silence: 11 MD
Rejections: 3

Reactions: 3 users
New here, but I like the camaraderie on this thread and it's curiously soothing to see other people's progress, so I guess I'll share.

LizzyM: ~69 (possibly 70? New MCAT), NY Applicant
Applied: ~16 MD
II: 6
Pre-interview rejections: 1
Acceptances: 0

Best of luck to everyone!

Well...
5 completed interviews in the books.

LizzyM is around a 67-68 iirc..
5 II
0 acceptances
1 hold (evms)
2 rejections (gw & ouwb)
21 silent nothingness

(All md)

Just got another ii the other day

LizzyM ~ 67-69
3 II (UWash, GWU, and OUWB), 2 attended
0 acceptances
0 post-interview rejections
0 holds
2 pre-interview rejections (Tulane and Boston)
14 silence

LizzyM 65
2 II attended (OHSU VCU)
6 rejections
7 silence
Hopefully a couple more interviews are thrown my way.

Congrats everyone!

Does anyone here feel like you are kind of borderline? Like with just slightly higher stats you'd get massive amounts of II's

Do you guys think us sub 70 Lizzy M's will get a lot of Spring IIs?
I do and hopefully us normal stat folks start getting more action. With that being said I'm very happy about how this app season has gone so far.

Update
I am extremely grateful for all the II's I have received thus far. Hoping for an acceptance this coming week.
4 completed interviews
3 post secondary rejections
1 post interview deference
3 pre-interview holds
10 silence
0 acceptances

Last edited:
Pre II rejects got the feels like:
Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 11.20.12 AM.png

Reactions: 19 users
Back again.

5 II (all attended)
2: Pre-interview rejections
1 hold
1: post- interview rejection
1: waitlist
0: acceptances

Still waiting to here back from three other interviews. Silence still from 20 schools.

I really need a sign here. I feel rotten right now and need something good to happen ;:

Back again.

5 II (all attended)
2: Pre-interview rejections
1 hold
1: post- interview rejection
1: waitlist
0: acceptances

Still waiting to here back from three other interviews. Silence still from 20 schools.

I really need a sign here. I feel rotten right now and need something good to happen ;:

Hey at least you have had 5 IIs.

After an update letter fiasco and two rejections within 24 hours last week, I'm happy to come back here with a more positive update! Just got accepted to another school today :)

4 IIs attended - 2 acceptances, and 2 non-rolling schools
3 Rejections - Vandy, USC, UCSF

Sent update letters to schools I'm still interested in, and will probably withdraw from a couple. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
After an update letter fiasco and two rejections within 24 hours last week, I'm happy to come back here with a more positive update! Just got accepted to another school today :)

4 IIs attended - 2 acceptances, and 2 non-rolling schools
3 Rejections - Vandy, USC, UCSF

Sent update letters to schools I'm still interested in, and will probably withdraw from a couple. Best of luck to everyone!
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was the fiasco?

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was the fiasco?
It was more a fiasco on that particular school's end - in their response to my update they sort of let slip that they misunderstood/misread my timeline/educational background by telling me they don't accept students without a bachelor's from the US, which I have. I do admit I have an atypical background, which can lead to confusion, but I thought a thorough review of my app will prevent that. It's all sorted out now, but I don't know what impact that clarification will have on my application (hopefully good).

Just updating!
LizzyM 69
11 II's, 9 interviews attended, 6 acceptances!!

Reactions: 7 users