Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's the week before Thanksgiving and I am freaking out. Updating for some of the good luck that everyone else on this thread seems to be having:

LizzyM ~67
Complete around August-September for all
0 IIs :(
5 Rejections (UWash, UPitt, VCU, USUHS, Georgetown - OOS for all) :inpain:
Silence at 24 MDs and 3 DOs :nailbiting::scared::shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the good fortune you've had! Why did you withdraw an interview to Harvard?????
Thanks! I received an acceptance to my top choice state school and I couldn't pass it up. No matter how prestigious a medical school is, I would be miserable being in such a new and stressful environment with absolutely no support system within driving distance, that's just the kind of person I am. Plus both of my parents currently have serious medical conditions, so I want to stay close to home for personal reasons. Same goes for UCLA. It was definitely a tough decision that's for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I received an acceptance to my top choice state school and I couldn't pass it up. No matter how prestigious a medical school is, I would be miserable being in such a new and stressful environment with absolutely no support system within driving distance, that's just the kind of person I am. Plus both of my parents currently have serious medical conditions, so I want to stay close to home for personal reasons. Same goes for UCLA. It was definitely a tough decision that's for sure!

Eh if you got an interview at Harvard, then I cannot attribute all of your II success to being a Texas resident and neither should you (noticed you were implying that being a Texas resident is what helped you succeed) . There are however many applicants who probably would not have gotten into a MD school if they had not lived in Texas, West Virginia or Florida.

LizzyM ~ 68, high GPA, lowish MCAT

6 II (2 MD, 4 DO)
4-5 pre-interview holds
0 rejections
0 acceptances
Haven't heard back from like 6 or 7 schools?

Really bummed because I didn't think I did well with my MMI interview this week =( I did really well at some stations but got nervous and rambled at others. Hopefully I'm over analyzing my performance but I guess I'll know in 4-6 weeks!

Eh if you got an interview at Harvard, then I cannot attribute all of your II success to being a Texas resident and neither should you (noticed you were implying that being a Texas resident is what helped you succeed) . There are however many applicants who probably would not have gotten into a MD school if they had not lived in Texas, West Virginia or Florida.
No not all of my success comes from being a Texas resident, but a lot of it does. I doubt I would've gotten the same love from OOS schools like GW where I am currently on hold. And the main reasons why I applied to both Harvard and UCLA are because I got letters from both schools encouraging me to, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with those surprise II's :rolleyes:

No not all of my success comes from being a Texas resident, but a lot of it does. I doubt I would've gotten the same love from OOS schools like GW where I am currently on hold. And the main reasons why I applied to both Harvard and UCLA are because I got letters from both schools encouraging me to, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with those surprise II's :rolleyes:

Ok now the bolded is odd. How did that come about?

Well I'm URM so I think it's because I filled out that Med-Mar thing when I took the MCAT but I'm not entirely sure.

Ah, I didnt think they actually looked at those things haha

Ah, I didnt think they actually looked at those things haha
Well I always thought that those letters didn't really mean anything. I also got one from Case Western Reserve, Northwestern, and 5 other schools. But I guess they really do send them if they genuinely think you should apply to their school. But anyways, ;) I couldn't be happier with my IS acceptances!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Update:
Rejections: 4 [USC, Albany, NYMC and Vandy (pre-secondary)]
Hold: GW
II: 0000000

Ugh. I just want 1 II to know my committee letter isn't garbage...
Where's the poop emoji when you need it!!

LM ~65. Complete at most schools around mid-September. 36 schools left to hear from...

Update: two more rejections today. Looks like it's wine o'clock!

LizzyM <65
Applied: 25 MD
6II (attended 4 so far)
2 holds (survived GW slaughter woo!)
6 rejections, 2 secondaries never received, 1 withdrawal - wouldn't meet requirements
Silence from 8

I also got a letter from Harvard. Should have went for it hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 12 or so MDs.

I got 1 rejection thus far. 1 acceptance. 1 waitlist. 4 interviews so far. (2 I haven't gone to yet). I don't know how many of the interviews i will go to considering I have been accepted at a very good school.

Lizzy M approx 65.
27 schools
1 II
5 holds pre- II
6 rejections
reapplicant
no acceptance yet, and at least holds are better than rejections!

I just interviewed at my dream school and it has been a long time since I've updated. Decisions come out in a week so - if this posting is lucky, now would be the best time for that luck! :)

LizzyM ~64
Applied to 27 schools
7 II (all MD)
2 Pre-interview holds
10 Silences
A ton of expected rejections haha

I have to say that I am overwhelmed by how fortunate I feel to have such a positive response this cycle. With my LizzyM, I honestly didn't even think I had a shot at medical school and I am so thankful that many have chosen to look past that. Crossing my fingers like crazy that I will receive good news next Wednesday and good luck to everyone awaiting good news as well!

Reactions: 6 users
First acceptance today!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally and completely stunned. I seriously thought that with my less than stellar MCAT score, I'd for sure be reapplying next year. So so excited. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting! It's a long cycle and it's not over yet. :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 users
LizzyM ~65 (low MCAT, good GPA)
complete late August
6 rejections
3 Pre-interview holds
0 interview invites
Seeing you guys getting good news gives me at least some hope! Good luck and congrats to everyone who already got some acceptances! :)

Update!

4 II (two of which are at my top two choices)
3 rejections
0 holds
Silence from 18 schools

I'm well under a 65 LizzyM, and my stats are:

2 II
1 acceptance
Silence from the rest, which I haven't actively pursued

I firmly believe that if you care about one school, you need to speak up. I don't think that <70 LizzyM is a disadvantage as 3.8/31 is pretty amazing. 2.8/31 can be amazing with the right story attached to it...

Reactions: 4 users
I'm well under a 65 LizzyM, and my stats are:

2 II
1 acceptance
Silence from the rest, which I haven't actively pursued

I firmly believe that if you care about one school, you need to speak up. I don't think that <70 LizzyM is a disadvantage as 3.8/31 is pretty amazing. 2.8/31 can be amazing with the right story attached to it...
Wow congrats!! :)
May I ask where were you accepted?

First rejection yesterday from Hofstra
1 hold
1 rejection
and a whole lot of silence

Guess I didn't want to be within 12 minutes of my house anyway :rolleyes:

Pass the love along!

First acceptance today!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally and completely stunned. I seriously thought that with my less than stellar MCAT score, I'd for sure be reapplying next year. So so excited. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting! It's a long cycle and it's not over yet. :love:
congrats!!!!!! this is exciting!!!

It's the week before Thanksgiving and I am freaking out. Updating for some of the good luck that everyone else on this thread seems to be having:

LizzyM ~67
Complete around August-September for all
0 IIs :(
5 Rejections (UWash, UPitt, VCU, USUHS, Georgetown - OOS for all) :inpain:
Silence at 24 MDs and 3 DOs :nailbiting::scared::shrug:
In case you have to reapply next year, you should look into which schools accept a significant number of OOS applicants. I bring this up because the only way you can get in to UWash as an OOS (Out of Region to be more accurate) applicant is to have top stats and EC's.

Interviews: 3
Rejections: 7
Silence from everywhere else

Hoping for some more II love this week!

Last edited:
Few rejections the last 2 weeks. Rejected from nymc, hofstra, and Georgetown. Interview invite from OUWB, hoping to hear back from GWU soon, interviewed in late Oct.

I've got silence. Strange because I'm technically IS.
Silence is not the worst thing tho, there's still hope. I was under the assumption that Jefferson doesn't have a strong instate preference (they only reserve like 20 or so spots for Delaware students). Am I mistaken?

Applied to 21 schools: 16 II, 4 rejections (1 post-interview), 2 acceptances (!!), ORM. A lot can happen with a 31 MCAT :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Applied to 21 schools: 12 II, 4 rejections (1 post-interview), 2 silences, 2 acceptances (!!), ORM. A lot can happen with a 31 MCAT :)
Jesus. Congrats. You must have more going for you than your MCAT though!

Jesus. Congrats. You must have more going for you than your MCAT though!

Thank you!! I personally don't think the rest of my application is anything special, however I did try to apply strategically and only to places where I thought my application aligned with the schools mission. I also emphasized fit on the supplemental essays. It goes to show that there's a lot more at play in admissions than just stats!

So - I was just accepted to UCSD - my absolute top choice! :biglove: I've been basically convulsing in excitement for the past hour. With a LizzyM of 64, I literally didn't think this was possible! About to withdraw my other interviews and send in my matriculation paperwork. I hope you all get those spots!

Reactions: 15 users
LizzyM of 68 - I got accepted to Emory today, my dream school!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
85bVjCF.jpg

If I get accepted to UCincinnati, I'm withdrawing all apps that haven't sent me an II.

Update!!

2 II at my state schools (1 attended, 1 scheduled yesterday).
1 rejection (Tulane)
Silence at 9. I survived the GW massacre though, so that's promising.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Y'all are incredible! You give me hope that I might actually get an acceptance somewhere this cycle :)

LizzyM 66-67
Applied to 30 schools
8 II (5 attended)
4 rejections (Case Western, Cooper at Rowan, Brown, UPitt)
18 silence
0 acceptances :(

Good luck to all of you!

Update!
LizzyM ~68-69
Applied to ~20 md
3 II
1 preinterview hold
2 rejections

Complete late September to mid October