****Official 2015 Orthodontic Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can5056

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

This thread is to keep people up to date on who is giving interviews, when they heard, where you eventually matched or accepted a non-match spot.

Feel free to list schools applied to and what schools you were given interviews to.

Good Luck to All!

Members don't see this ad.

I've applied to Temple, Einstein, Maryland, Pitt, Harvard, NYU, and WVU. How about you?

This thread will be indeed clutch, but not for a couple weeks until they start handing out interviews. Longest month of the year.... or my life

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I applied to about 20 programs and sent in all the apps/materials first week of July. I've heard back from about half of them saying my file is complete. Others have not confirmed or told me to assume it is complete unless they request addtl materials. Patiently waiting till the progs start sending interview invites. This seems like an awesome place to share info and talk. Good luck to all out there.

Excited to officially get the ball rolling on this thread! :)
Loma Linda University, phone 8/19, interview 10/15, 10/16

Thanks, 011110! Hope it's not long before more good news shows up on here.

yes,Patiently waiting till the progs start sending interview invites. This seems like an awesome place to share info and talk. Good luck to all out there.
JuZojV

Hi, anybody has any update about Ohio and Harvard Universities interviews?

Don't know about Ohio and Harvard, but received interview invite from Seton Hill via email today.

Hi, I have a wedding on the weekend (Friday to Sun) on both September 19-21 AND November 7-9. I can probably get out of one of them maybe. Are these dates a big risk? Does anyone know which dates/month interviews usually fall on? Past threads I can find on this?
Thanks

Hi, I have a wedding on the weekend (Friday to Sun) on both September 19-21 AND November 7-9. I can probably get out of one of them maybe. Are these dates a big risk? Does anyone know which dates/month interviews usually fall on? Past threads I can find on this?
Thanks

I think Nov 8th last year Boston University had an interview

Thanks

There is almost no school that conduct interview in September. This is the time you will get nearly all the invites.

Oklahoma, phone 8/25, interview 10/31 or 11/7 social the night before.

Members don't see this ad :)
JohnPetty did you receive an official invite from Seton Hill or an email saying that the interview date was october 10th and that the application is currently under review? I got one that says" Should your qualifications meet our needs, you will be invited to attend an interview on October 10th.

I'm dying from impatience right now!

Reactions: 1 user
JohnPetty did you receive an official invite from Seton Hill or an email saying that the interview date was october 10th and that the application is currently under review? I got one that says" Should your qualifications meet our needs, you will be invited to attend an interview on October 10th.

That's the "application complete" email. I got that too couple weeks ago, and then the interview email last week.

That's the "application complete" email. I got that too couple weeks ago, and then the interview email last week.
Gottcha! Their deadline is October and they've already sent out interviews! Did they say how many were going to be invited?

I didn't understand that either. Why would a school send out interview invites before their application deadline? And how many of you were appalled at the level of excessive duplication of work during this application process? I was shocked to see that at this level some schools request the same materials that were added to the PASS application this year. Not only that, but unless you had a typewriter or a program which converts Adobe documents, you were definitely hand writing some of your supplementals!!

Gottcha! Their deadline is October and they've already sent out interviews! Did they say how many were going to be invited?
You are right. I believe they are going to send out more invites as they review more applications. I remember their webpage mentioning that they interview about 30 applicants, but I could be wrong.

Hi. I am a resident at Seton Hill and I believe we send out invites on first come first basis because one of my friends applied early and got an invite. My assumption is that if u didn't receive one within the last few days u might not get one, bc invites tend to be given out within the first couple days, at least that's how I remembered it from last year. If someone cancels their interview last minute, you might get an invite, so keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

Hi. I am a resident at Seton Hill and I believe we send out invites on first come first basis because one of my friends applied early and got an invite. My assumption is that if u didn't receive one within the last few days u might not get one, bc invites tend to be given out within the first couple days, at least that's how I remembered it from last year. If someone cancels their interview last minute, you might get an invite, so keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!
Wow, so that's it for Seton Hill? Why do they send out application complete emails with the interview dates and all that information then? And I thought I was applying early for this school!

Any one heard from Harvard /TUFTS /LAU/ OHIO?

THOSE schools had a deadline on August 1 !!!!!!

----------------------

And what in case I don't receive neither rejection nor interview letter?
They should, at least, reply to every applicant with either (call for interview) or (rejection letter )

I've heard nothing yet...I thought that we would hear from Vandy, Iowa and Rochester this week since last year they extended invites this week and their interviews aren't that far away. Ahhhh.
Also Ohio State last year extended their invites quite a bit after their deadline even though it's so early (August 1!)

Second that. Been waiting for Vandy and Rochester given last year's invite dates...

Iowa, Email 9/3, Interview 9/25-26 or 10/23-24 (Social on 1st date)

UIC, Email 9/2, Interview 10/2, 10/16, 10/30, 11/13 (Social night before)

Does that mean that UIC will not send out any more invitations for an interview? Should I attempt to call them?

Baylor, phone 9/4, Interview 10/13, 10/14, 10/15

University of Maryland - Email 9/4, Interview dates 10/7 and 10/10

Vandy- email 9/4, Interview date 9/26, Social 9/25

Hey guys, Some information here is not true, :mad:
Please double check your information and then put it here.

yea what's not true again?
should i cross out maryland and vandy off my list at this point? two of my top picks gone...?:cryi:

--disclaimer: I only know UIC and Iowa are correct. I have no idea what Zebeldesh is talking about. It is just easier if all of the info is in one place. Please add to this list when you add so all info is in one place. Thanks--

Question: If I don't get an email, what then? Shouldn't they send out rejection emails for those that didn't make the interview?

I don't think they send rejection emails right away bc some back out of the interview and they keep a waitlist to fill those spots.

Plus these schools can easily be getting 200-300 applications, for 20 or so interviews. I don't think they send out rejection emails

A colleague of mine received an interview invite from Mayo on 9/2. Not sure when the interview is or whether it was email/phone. (secondhand)

Wow, so that's it for Seton Hill? Why do they send out application complete emails with the interview dates and all that information then? And I thought I was applying early for this school!

Like I said before, I am basing this information off what I remember from last year. The only way to know for sure is to contact our business manager directly. She took a couple of days to send out my interview invitation.

Hi,
University of IOWA sent out 20 invitation letters few days ago.They had 112 applicants.

Last edited:
Too bad the university of Ohio doesn't have an ortho program.

I feel that this thread is just filled with misinformation. I'll keep waiting for information to be verified.

Seton Hill, Email 8/29, Interview 10/10 social night before

Str8smailes- Surprised,
If you check the Ortho programs, You can see University of Ohio has Orthodontic Residency Program, I called them and they mentioned they are gonna call by end of next week.
University of Pacific has not made decision. they told me may be third week of September.

It's THE Ohio State University...big difference buddy.

I just received an email from Tennessee that stated I would not be offered an interview. Fyi I did not follow through with the entire application after PASS submission...they required a handwritten essay and photo is all I believe.

Reactions: 1 users