****Official 2015 Orthodontic Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Hopefully it is just a few because when I called she said they haven't been sent out yet and that was almost the end of the day yesterday. But you know of a couple non fellows that got the acceptance email as well?
No, I heard some had.

Members don't see this ad.

Patiently waiting to hear from JU, anymore news? Have the majority of the acceptance letters/phone calls been made or was it just to the fellows? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally saw Dr. Alarbi signing hand-written acceptance letters yesterday, which was new because they've been emailed historically. My big sib received an acceptance letter 2 weeks before her program started because someone rejected their acceptance 2 weeks before the program started. So, you never know. I heard that 11 spots were filled, but just rumors.

I personally saw Dr. Alarbi signing hand-written acceptance letters yesterday, which was new because they've been emailed historically. My big sib received an acceptance letter 2 weeks before her program started because someone rejected their acceptance 2 weeks before the program started. So, you never know. I heard that 11 spots were filled, but just rumors.

Do you know if they let people on the wait list know anything? If we are on a wait list will they tell us we are on one? I tried asking the secretary but she said she didn't have access to the wait list.

I don't think they will tell you that you're on a wait list or rejected. I don't think anyone gets rejected. From what I can gather, everyone who was interviewed and doesn't get an acceptance is on a ranked wait list until the program starts.

Does anyone know if Colorado is making you drop out of match if you accept? I know they require a non-refundable deposit - but I received no info about having to drop out of match. Any thoughts? Does anyone also know if Colorado generally fills before match or do they usually still have positions left after match is completed?

Colorado filled all of their spots within a few weeks after their interviews.

Hey guys let's get this thread rocking!
Post your news! Here's the format:
Even if you did not have a successful year please post your results to help others.

Name of School:
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS:
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency:
International Student (yes/no):
NBDE Part I/II scores:
GRE Score:
Class Rank:
Match/Non-Match:
Externship(s)/where:
Research:
Extracurriculars:
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked:

Does anyone know, historically, the time of day that Match generally sends the initial Match emails? Good luck everyone!

Hi,

Do you get the MATCH results by email or do you need to login to the National Matching Services website to get the results?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
So what time zone do they E-mail out match results and when do post-match availabilities become available for those who need it? (if there are any spots left)

Speaking of post-match, how exactly does it work? This is my first time applying via the MATCH system and am not quite sure what to do if I don't get a pleasant E-mail tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

Name of School: matched
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2011
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency: GPR and private practice
NBDE Part I/II scores:83/85
GRE Score:
Class Rank: school didn't rank
Match/Non-Match: match
Externship(s)/where: none
Research: tons and 2 publications
Extracurriculars: tons of ortho CE
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 10/2/2

Congrats to those who matched! For those that didn't, keep trying! I had very average stats (hadn't planned on specializing), but my extracurriculars and my letters of rec from my GPR I feel helped me really get a spot! Very humbling experience, glad it's over.

Reactions: 1 users
As far as post match it looks like there are 2 positions available with each position at a different program.

Since I used this info to help me in the process wanted to pass along. Anyone needing any help in the future just message me. So incredibly thankful I matched this morning! What a ride....

Name of School:
Dental School Attended: UNLV
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency: AEGD, Air Force
International Student (yes/no): no
NBDE Part I/II scores: 84/82
GRE Score:159v/156q
Class Rank: 13
Externship(s)/where: none, visited program twice
Research: some minor in undergrad
Extracurriculars: tons both in dental school and Air Force
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 20/5/5/5, attending my #1!

Reactions: 1 user
Since I used this info to help me in the process wanted to pass along. Anyone needing any help in the future just message me. So incredibly thankful I matched this morning! What a ride....

Name of School:
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 20/5/5/5, attending my #1!

Congrats! The low 80s part 1 boards club making moves today!

Congrats! The low 80s part 1 boards club making moves today!

Ha I know... Honestly I'm not sure all the programs look at that as much anymore because of the pass/fail system now. But a lot of programs liked my AEGD and military practice. So maybe that was it.

Ha I know... Honestly I'm not sure all the programs look at that as much anymore because of the pass/fail system now. But a lot of programs liked my AEGD and military practice. So maybe that was it.

Agreed, I got the sense that my GPR and private practice experience were looked on very favorably. I had also read that when we took our boards they were harder than it used to be. Maybe ortho is turning into endo where you are going to need a year of residency or private practice experience to apply. Very thankful!

OK, I'll bite. Hope it helps

Name of School:LSU
Dental School Attended: School in same area
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2015
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency: no
NBDE Part I/II scores: Pass
GRE Score: verbal-162 math-158 writing-4
Class Rank: 1/60something
Externship(s)/where: San antonio
Research: 4 projects, 2 to meetings, 1 published
Extracurriculars: enough
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 12/9/6/6

Was anyone able to obtain a post match position anywhere?

Name of School: matched
Dental School Attended:
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency: GPR and private practice
NBDE Part I/II scores:83/85
GRE Score:
Class Rank: school didn't rank
Research: tons and 2 publications
Extracurriculars: tons of ortho CE
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 10/2/2

Congrats to those who matched! For those that didn't, keep trying! I had very average stats (hadn't planned on specializing), but my extracurriculars and my letters of rec from my GPR I feel helped me really get a spot! Very humbling experience, glad it's over.
Congrats 011110! Ortho is truly an awesome specialty. I love going to work every day. Trust me, you won't regret making the decision to quit general dentistry and go back to school for ortho.

Well, I'll try to keep this thread going... I was helped by sdn before so here's my contribution

Name of School: A northeast school
Dental School Attended: A different School in the northeast
GRE Score: verbal-153 math-156 writing-4
Class Rank: 2
Externship(s)/where: montefiore, Rutgers
Research: 2 research assistant positions, 0 publications
Extracurriculars: enough, a few leadership activities here and there
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 16/10/8/8

My poor GRE scores didnt really matter as I got into my top choice
My advice: If you are really interested in a program, go out of your way to visit it, even if they do not offer an internship.
Good luck to future ortho-ers!

Has anyone out there heard anything about the NYU post match position getting filled yet?

Name of School: East Coast
Dental School Attended: West Coast
GRE Score: 163-verbal/ 162-math / 4-writing
Class Rank: no rank
Research: 1 predental publication, 2 dental publications
Extracurriculars: a lot
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 23/12/7/6

Name of School:
Hi,
I've noticed that you were in the Air Force and was wondering if you tried to apply to their ortho training? I didn't get in last year and trying again this year but starting to wonder if I even have a chance. If u applied, what was your GRE and GPA, if u dont mind sharing. Any tips?
Thanks much and congrats!