*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are your stats and number of shadow hours?
I'll add it to my original but 22 dat 3.65 gpa with 100 shadowing hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #3!

School: Maryland
Notification date: 8/16/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
Application complete date: 6/01/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.77 sGPA, 3.83 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA / 19 TS / 18 PAT / 26 RC (none under 17)

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #3!

Notification date: 8/16/16
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
Application complete date: 6/01/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.77 sGPA, 3.83 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA / 19 TS / 18 PAT / 26 RC (none under 17)
when did you submit your supplemental app for Maryland?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you tell us your volunteering hours and/or research hours as well? Thanks!
0 research

About 600 hours of volunteering, most of it coming from 2 sources that I spent a lot of time with

Reactions: 1 user
Interview 3!!!

Notification date: 8/16
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24

Interview 3!!!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24
When did you submit your supplemental app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #5!!!
School: Nebraska
Residency: South Dakota
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 4.00 oGPA: 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 20 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 21

Just waiting to hear from one more school, but 5 out of 6 is a solid number right now.

I wish you all the best!

Hey! I also got invited for an interview for UDM! Did they ever email you back confirming an interview date? I emailed them back two dates that worked for me and then haven't heard back since :/
yeah after I selected August 27th, they sent me a confirmation email on July 21st (3 days after I received and responded to the interview invitation).

Interview #5!!!
School: Nebraska
Residency: South Dakota
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 4.00 oGPA: 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 20 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 21

Just waiting to hear from one more school, but 5 out of 6 is a solid number right now.
Really hoping I get an interview here too. My application complete date wasn't until later though, because I took my DAT on July 21.

Interview #3!

School: UNC
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: email
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/27 GPA Verified 7/7
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.42 oGPA:3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 26 TS 26 PAT 23 RC 25

Reactions: 2 users
I got the 10th too. Luckily I don't have any interviews conflicting. I'll see you there!

Interview 4!!

Notification date: 8/17
Residency: South Carolina
Application complete date: 7/6
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 26/TS 23/PAT 18/RC 25/QR 30/None below 17

Everyone, Please help with my Status. Feel free to PM. I am depressed.

sGPA: 3.89
oGPA: 3.90

DAT
Reading: 15
AA: 20
TS: 22
PAT: 20
Math 20

I applied to Louisville, Penn, Temp, LECOM, Kentucky, NYC, Alabama, Boston, Tuff,...

Does any know if a 15 would restrict my chances of getting interviews and accepted this cycle? I am extremely shocked and depressed.
I have good amount of shadowing and volunteer, personal statement, and strong recommendation letters.
English is my second letter.
Do you have to retake it? or just sit tight?
Thank you

DAT
Math 20

I applied to Louisville, Penn, Temp, LECOM, Kentucky, NYC, Alabama, Boston, Tuff,...

Does any know if a 15 would restrict my chances of getting interviews and accepted this cycle? I am extremely shocked and depressed.
I have good amount of shadowing and volunteer, personal statement, and strong recommendation letters.
Thank you

I think at this point all you can do is sit tight. Look for school that have no minimum cutoff scores and apply there. Everything is good except for the rc, and that an important section too.

DAT
Math 20

Thank you
I really feel like 15 in RC is killing you. I took my DAT two times as well cus my RC was 16 first time

DAT
Math 20

Thank you

Go over to the Chance me thread so we can discuss it there instead of clogging this up

School: University of Michigan
Method of notification: E.mail
Residency: California
AADSAS submitted: 6/13
Application complete date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.33/3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/23/none

Haha I'm actually stoked with how little money I'm spending. I just happened to be playing golf with a buddy in chapel hill on labor day and got round trip tickets from raleigh to minnesota to philly back to raleigh for about 370 and am only paying 40 bucks for one night in an airbnb in minneapolis. My cousin lives right in the city in philly and I have friends that I can stay with at both UNC and ECU. 4 interviews in 3 different states and only spending a little over 400 is perfectly okay with me lol. Although I know it'll start to add up from ubers and food and stuff.
That is pretty darn sweet!

Interview 2
Ohio state!
3.65 22, Utah or Cali residency not really sure

Interview #4!

Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: ~3.6 (both)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23 TS 23 PAT 24 RC 23

congrats man!

Finally.... #1 interview!!
School: loma linda
Notification date:8/17
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall) 3.57/3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17)
20/20/22/20/none

Interview#2
School: UDM
Notification date: 8/1/2016
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8/16
Application complete date: Submitted 6/21/16, Verified 6/29/2017
secondary complete date: haven't done it
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.22 oGPA: 3.32
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/22TS/22PAT/25RC/none below 17

I'm actually curious if I'd end up getting the same invites
I'm curious. You are rejecting these interviews, right?
(Since you are already starting this fall.)

If this is true, that's not cool. Someone is applying to schools while being in D-school? So effectively, if I understand how this works correctly, each interview invite he/she gets, another qualified one is denied an interview on the basis they think this person will show up and maybe matriculate. Why doesn't this person inform all schools not to consider him/her and allow others to have a fair chance? Even if the impact is small, it's still an impact.

If this is true, that's not cool. Someone is applying to schools while being in D-school? So effectively, if I understand how this works correctly, each interview invite he/she gets, another qualified one is denied an interview on the basis they think this person will show up and maybe matriculate. Why doesn't this person inform all schools not to consider him/her and allow others to have a fair chance? Even if the impact is small, it's still an impact.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the applicant heard back so late that he applied for the next cycle, in case no acceptances came his way. An unfortunate monetary loss and headache, I'm sure.

Edit: but yes, if the person accepts interview invites, it's a slot someone else could have had. :|

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Actually, I'm pretty sure the applicant heard back so late that he applied for the next cycle, in case no acceptances came his way. An unfortunate monetary loss and headache, I'm sure.

Edit: but yes, if the person accepts interview invites, it's a slot someone else could have had. :|

Not just accepting. When they evaluate a stack of apps, they compare and contrast. By the time he/she gets the invite, the damage has already been done. They aren't going back to that pile. It sounds like they're having fun doing this, but I hope they consider the butterfly effect this has.

Reactions: 1 users

You are correct. As previously stated on this same thread, that is indeed my situation. I had stated previously that once my schools confirms all is well and there is a near 0-chance of complications causing me to become rescinded, I would properly reject the interviews as well as inform all schools I had completed secondaries at. Once NYU gave me the okay this week, that is what I did. As I was accepted so late there are many complications in terms of finances and documentation and it would be ill advised for me to have dropped my plan B-especially since I already paid the supplemental fees.

Not just accepting. When they evaluate a stack of apps, they compare and contrast. By the time he/she gets the invite, the damage has already been done. They aren't going back to that pile. It sounds like they're having fun doing this, but I hope they consider the butterfly effect this has.

At the very least, read my previous posts before deciding to judge me. It's not like I applied last cycle, hoping to get in so late that other applicants may miss out on an interview.

Reactions: 12 users
You are correct. As previously stated on this same thread, that is indeed my situation. I had stated previously that once my schools confirms all is well and there is a near 0-chance of complications causing me to become rescinded, I would properly reject the interviews as well as inform all schools I had completed secondaries at. Once NYU gave me the okay this week, that is what I did. As I was accepted so late there are many complications in terms of finances and documentation and it would be ill advised for me to have dropped my plan B-especially since I already paid the supplemental fees.

Amen to that, can't say anybody would have done differently. Definitely sorry the process took a lot from you, but at least you're officially a student at a phenomenal school.

Amen to that, can't say anybody would have done differently. Definitely sorry the process took a lot from you, but at least you're officially a student at a phenomenal school.
Agree 100%. Seems like there's some salt going on in this thread, and for very little reason. Would have done the same thing!

Reactions: 5 users
Agree 100%. Seems like there's some salt going on in this thread, and for very little reason. Would have done the same thing!
Exactly. If I didn't know for certain and wanted to reapply, I would. He spent the thousands of dollars and can do what he wants this cycle.

Reactions: 5 users

^^^ this guy so much salt on this whole site, when we should be encouraging each other because we all know how it feels going through this cycle haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile