*~*~Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2022-2023~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, just saw my courses that were combined lab/lecture - like "Organic Chemistry I w/ Lab" were classified as Lecture Only. Is this normally how they classify courses? Having a hard time finding info about this online.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, just saw my courses that were combined lab/lecture - like "Organic Chemistry I w/ Lab" were classified as Lecture Only. Is this normally how they classify courses? Having a hard time finding info about this online.
Some people have commented before that AACOMAS changed the classification. The individual schools will normally ask about pre-requisites and allow you to state/sort your classes on their secondary to show which ones meet their requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
One school I submitted a secondary for just emailed me saying they need another science letter of rec. I can get one, but it will be generic (maybe not good) because I did not know the professor. If I put it into AACOMAS, will the other schools I have already applied to receive it as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
One school I submitted a secondary for just emailed me saying they need another science letter of rec. I can get one, but it will be generic (maybe not good) because I did not know the professor. If I put it into AACOMAS, will the other schools I have already applied to receive it as well?

Yes, all the letters for AACOMAS go everywhere.

is there a list of when DO schools typically send II?

You can use RunningMSN and SeaAtDusk's CycleTrack. Also, the guidelines provided by gonnif and I for MD interviews can be used for DO schools too:

Do any DO schools waive prerequisite requirements? I'm missing some lab requirements, but would like to send a few more primaries to schools that would be lenient

Do any DO schools waive prerequisite requirements? I'm missing some lab requirements, but would like to send a few more primaries to schools that would be lenient
If they let you apply without having previously finishing them, will require that you finish those prerequisites by the time you would start classes for medical school.

I'm trying to input the last semester of my transcript, but it's taking SO LONG and the last time I tried, the website crashed. Anyone have any tips for transcript entry on AACOMAS? Does a certain browser work better?

@Goro @Mr.Smile12 @gyngyn
Hi. I requested and am waiting for a letter to be uploaded to my AACOMAS. If you were reviewing my app, and I hit all of the letter requirements for a school not requiring such a letter, is it possible you would treat my application as unfinished? I got two IIs before creating the letter request, and radio silence since making the request. Wondering if I should just delete the request.
Thank you so much.

Hi. I requested and am waiting for a letter to be uploaded to my AACOMAS. If you were reviewing my app, and I hit all of the letter requirements for a school not requiring such a letter, is it possible you would treat my application as unfinished? I got two IIs before creating the letter request, and radio silence since making the request. Wondering if I should just delete the request.
Thank you so much.
I can't speak for most schools, but if you hit the letter requirements, the extra letter should not change your status.

Thank you so much.
Please read my signs

Thank you so much.
We don't use AACOMAS, sorry.

Thank you so much.
No it wouldn’t show your account as incomplete. It shouldn’t affect your application at all. Unless the letter that you requested is needed by certain program’s requirements, then that would be the only scenario. It just sounds a like a coincidence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you use Interfolio to send your LORs saved on Interfolio to AACOMAS? I'm not seeing an option to use Interfolio to send LORs to AACOMAS.

How many experiences can I put into AACOMAS, do they limit it to 10-12? Are achievements limited to a cap as well?

Is it too late to send apps through aacomas? (Today's date 12/20/22)

Is it too late to send apps through aacomas? (Today's date 12/20/22)
Technical answer, if you can still submit an application and they take your money, yes.

Practical answer: most schools will probably get your verified application after they have selected most applicants for interview.

How can you send letters of recommendation from Interfolio to AACOMAS so that AACOMAS can dispense the letters to the chosen medical schools, like what AMCAS does with LORs?

How can you send letters of recommendation from Interfolio to AACOMAS so that AACOMAS can dispense the letters to the chosen medical schools, like what AMCAS does with LORs?
Letters sent to AACOMAS will be sent to all schools. You will not be able to pick and choose them. See Interfolio's website for a guide on how to send the letters:

Letters sent to AACOMAS will be sent to all schools. You will not be able to pick and choose them. See Interfolio's website for a guide on how to send the letters:

I think I have it figured out now, it looks like I use a Interfolio-assigned document email (ex: [email protected]) and input that into AACOMAS's Evaluation section. But I also see on Interfolio's instructions that we should use Interfolio's Dossier Delivery service for $48/Year to send LORs to AACOMAS using Interfolio document emails (ex: [email protected]). Did y'all spend money to send Interfolio-stored LORs to AACOMAS's evaluation section this way?

I think I have it figured out now, it looks like I use a Interfolio-assigned document email (ex: [email protected]) and input that into AACOMAS's Evaluation section. But I also see on Interfolio's instructions that we should use Interfolio's Dossier Delivery service for $48/Year to send LORs to AACOMAS using Interfolio document emails (ex: [email protected]). Did y'all spend money to send Interfolio-stored LORs to AACOMAS's evaluation section this way?
As you have read, Interfolio requires payment for delivery services. Only the uploading and storage of the letters on their site is free.

About to submit 1 AACOMAS application, I see they have an entry to put in a coupon code. Anybody have a coupon code that they can share for these application fees?

About to submit 1 AACOMAS application, I see they have an entry to put in a coupon code. Anybody have a coupon code that they can share for these application fees?
The coupon code is the fee assistance

The coupon code is the fee assistance
AACOMAS has fee assistance like AMCAS? How do I sign up? Cuz I got accepted for fee assistance on AMCAS, I wanna see if AACOMAS also gives me fee assistance.

Edit: Nvm, I found the fee assistance page and just applied for it. Waiting for the fee waiver decision, Idk how long a decision will take.

Last edited:
AACOMAS has fee assistance like AMCAS? How do I sign up? Cuz I got accepted for fee assistance on AMCAS, I wanna see if AACOMAS also gives me fee assistance.
If you are trying to apply now, it is very late. ASCOMAS fee assistance is first-come, first-served and likely has run out. It would have covered only the initial application fee (not the 20 schools that AMCAS provides). Most DO schools will have used up many of their interview slots by now.

Edit: Nvm, I found the fee assistance page and just applied for it. Waiting for the fee waiver decision, Idk how long a decision will take.
How fast does AACOMAS process fee waiver applications at this point in the application cycle, at the very last stretch of the cycle? Because I can't submit applications to DO schools until they give back a decision about my fee waiver application.

Great timing.
Usually those waivers are given out at the start of every application cycle. All you can do is ask, but I think they are out of waivers until next cycle.

Otherwise ask the schools but don't beg. Be patient enough to apply next May.

As you have read, Interfolio requires payment for delivery services. Only the uploading and storage of the letters on their site is free.
Oh I see, I ended up using Interfolio's uploading LOR option, so I did it for free. All I had to do I realize was just use the interfolio unique signature document email they have constructed fro each LOR saved on Interfolio. I plugged that into each evaluator entry for the evaluation section and it worked seemlessly with spending any money for it.

Oh I see, I ended up using Interfolio's uploading LOR option, so I did it for free. All I had to do I realize was just use the interfolio unique signature document email they have constructed fro each LOR saved on Interfolio. I plugged that into each evaluator entry for the evaluation section and it worked seemlessly with spending any money for it.
It won't deliver them without payment.

It won't deliver them without payment.
Well, it just did on my AACOMAS application, I don't know what to say. I see on the evaluation section that the evaluator letter requests I made on AACOMAS are complete and I didn't have to pay anything.

Last edited:
Well, it just did on my AACOMAS application, I don't know what to say. I see on the evaluation section that the evaluator letter requests I made on AACOMAS are complete and I didn't have to pay anything.
Just make sure to keep an eye on the secondary portal then of the individual schools over the next week or two. Once one of them gets the letters, that should mean the rest will as well.

Do DO schools have secondary essays? because so far, I have just been getting simple yes/no questions for the primary application and that's it. I have only gotten secondary essays from NYIT so far.

Do DO schools have secondary essays? because so far, I have just been getting simple yes/no questions for the primary application and that's it. I have only gotten secondary essays from NYIT so far.
oh yes they do

oh yes they do
Do most schools require secondary essays or is it just schools like NYIT, PCOM-GA, and DeBusk? Because so far I haven't gotten additional secondary invites, I don't know if a massive storm of essays is coming like what happened with me applying to 60 schools on AMCAS.

Do most schools require secondary essays or is it just schools like NYIT, PCOM-GA, and DeBusk? Because so far I haven't gotten additional secondary invites, I don't know if a massive storm of essays is coming like what happened with me applying to 60 schools on AMCAS.
Most do

I should not have extended my apps to 15 schools had I realized there's this many secondary essays. I'm gonna waste my money if I don't write all these secondaries on time.

Does anyone know if there is a date by which we can’t hold multiple deposits to schools? For example if I submit a deposit to 2 schools cuz I want more time to decide between them, do I need to narrow it down to 1 school by a certain date?

Hey guys, so I am currently waitlisted at a few schools and I am sending out a LOI to one of them tomorrow. It is my true top choice school, but I interviewed there in mid December. At this time, is it worth it to send an LOI even if I am 3 months removed from interview? If so, is there a specific structure or things I should focus on to help my chances? Thanks for any and all input.

Hey guys, so I am currently waitlisted at a few schools and I am sending out a LOI to one of them tomorrow. It is my true top choice school, but I interviewed there in mid December. At this time, is it worth it to send an LOI even if I am 3 months removed from interview? If so, is there a specific structure or things I should focus on to help my chances? Thanks for any and all input.
You can send one. Keep it short, especially if you do not have anything new to update the school.

Not sure where else to post because I can't seem to find the 2023 - 2024 AACOMAS thread, but I was just wondering how I can add a college which I only attended for 1 quarter? It asks for a start quarter and end quarter, and because they are both the same quarter, the system says "The end date must be later than the start date". So do I just put the last month of the quarter instead of the first month of the quarter for the end quarter? I apologize if this is confusing. Thanks!

Not sure where else to post because I can't seem to find the 2023 - 2024 AACOMAS thread, but I was just wondering how I can add a college which I only attended for 1 quarter? It asks for a start quarter and end quarter, and because they are both the same quarter, the system says "The end date must be later than the start date". So do I just put the last month of the quarter instead of the first month of the quarter for the end quarter? I apologize if this is confusing. Thanks!
Yes.

Thanks! I assume I would need to follow the same procedure for other schools for which I attended for more than 1 quarter? In terms of noting the first month of my first quarter and the last month of my last quarter?

Thanks! I assume I would need to follow the same procedure for other schools for which I attended for more than 1 quarter? In terms of noting the first month of my first quarter and the last month of my last quarter?
Correct. That way it shows the full date range clearly.