Official August 27th 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaitianMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might as well get one started. I'm taking it in August but prepping now! Haven't seen my Sciences in YEARS so I'm starting early. Join as you will.

Members don't see this ad.

Im hoping we get a surprise and they come out today! I'm going to be working and going to class nonstop from 8am-9pm and really don't want to have that feeling of anticipation through it all

We're all going to be fine.

OpB4gIy.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan sent me a message saying the scores have been released and to fill out their survey... screw you kaplan they're not out

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy AAMC MCAT twitter tweeted that the scores would be released tomorrow. I have my phone set to give me a notification every time they tweet so I assumed it was an early release since they've never tweeted something like that. UGH.

Reactions: 2 users
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy AAMC MCAT twitter tweeted that the scores would be released tomorrow. I have my phone set to give me a notification every time they tweet so I assumed it was an early release since they've never tweeted something like that. UGH.

they gave me a heart attack!! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I had found this forum sooner!

I am so nervous to get my score tomorrow. My best friend took it a week before me and scored way below his practice average. He had an average of 31 on the AAMC exams and ended up with a 26 on the actual MCAT! Praying something like this does not happen to me tomorrow..

I took all the AAMC exams timed and under test like conditions. I even took them in the library with other people around to simulate the actual test day as much as possible. These were my scores:

AAMC # 3 – 7/12/10

AAMC #4 – 8/11/10

AAMC # 5 – 8/14/13

AAMC # 7 – 8/12/12

AAMC # 8 – 10/13/12

AAMC # 9 – 10/11/10

AAMC # 10 – 10/13/11

AAMC # 11 – 10/11/11

Average is approx. 9/12/11 – I would be thrilled to hit my average, but I am feeling very worried and doubtful

I had to work so hard to get my PS scores up and I really don’t want to have to take this beast again!

Good luck to all!!

I feel sick waiting! Trying to overload my brain thinking about my 2 exams tomorrow so I don't freak over this news!

aghhhhhhh

I have been very patient over the past month, but for some reason, today **** just got real

Reactions: 1 users
My heart rate is going up reading this thread, even though my scores don't come out until a week later. Maybe I should stay off SDN (ha, right?). But good luck to y'all tomorrow!

Lol can't wait to have a meltdown tomorrow when I check my scores. I think I got a 30 or 31, trash scores oh well that's life son

Here's what's going to happen tomorrow.

I'm going to think that I did badly but I will have hope that I scored a 34+

Day will pass by very slowly

My heart will start palpitating when I enter my username and password into THx

I'm going to look at the webpage and my eyes will see the score (either a 29,30,31). I will start to get a lump in my throat as I add up the subsections manually to see if somehow the computer added wrong.

Hopes and dreams will be crushed

In gonna have a meltdown and walk out of class

Semester will be ruined

Seriously **** this test. I'm ******* done.

Dude, get a grip! It's gonna be alright! It's an important test, but it's still just a test and even if you don't get the score you want, it can't destroy your hopes and dreams unless you quit because of it. Besides all of that, a 30 or 31 is a competitive score at most medical schools. I don't know if your hopes and dreams include going to Harvard, Stanford, etc. but, if not, you're in luck because you can definitely get into a good school with a 30! Be proud of yourself for even getting to where you were in a good position to take the test. Pre-med is tough and a lot of people don't even make it this far. If you can get a 30 you will be fine! Even if you don't, it's a test you can retake!

Reality is that this is just the beginning. You can't let the MCAT stress you out this much because the things you will have to do from this point forward as a medical student, resident, and doctor are only going to demand more from you.

Best of luck to you all! I hope we all get the scores we want, but if we don't there is still opportunity and time for us to succeed.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't know if your hopes and dreams include going to Harvard, Stanford, etc. but, if not, you're in luck because you can definitely get into a good school with a 30!
Not in Canada.

I agree with the rest of all that, though.

I think the general release time is usually around 3:30PM. Also, nice avatar :)

"We who are about to die, salute you." - Spartacus
and on that note, best of luck everyone!

Any time before 5 PM EST. From other threads, I have heard it can be released any time between 3PM or 5 PM.

Guys, right when you find out they're online, post here. I will check here rather than AAMC all day (the few hours after lunch).

This is like Christmas eve when you're 8. So excited for tomorrow
Specifically, like that Christmas eve of the night before a gift-opening of a bunch of boring undies and flashlights, etc. So excited, and then so disappointed :D

Last edited:
I am substituting tomorrow at a local elementary school so the kids are probably going to see their sub cry lol (either joy or sorrow)

And I don't mean that I scored 40+, I meant that my score + your score is at least 40. At least, I certainly hope so.

And I don't mean that I scored 40+, I meant that my score + your score is at least 40. At least, I certainly hope so.
haha, I hope so too. I'll retake if it is anything less than a 32 or one of my sections was extremely low (7 or lower). What about you?

I'm guessing I got a 28-29, my average was 31.6 and I'd rewrite with anything less than a 31.

haha, I hope so too. I'll retake if it is anything less than a 32 or one of my sections was extremely low (7 or lower). What about you?
I like your 32 figure. 32 would be slightly cringe-worthy for me, but it's a bit too high to benefit greatly from retaking. Or so I hear.

Last edited:
Hey guys, been lurking around for a few weeks but finally registered tonight. Also wrote Aug. 27th, so relieved we get our scores back tomorrow!

So, who else has a designated score checker? I already decided I'm too much of a coward to look myself.

My AAMC average was 36 so I'm expecting 34-36, hopefully closer to the latter (I'm anticipating 12/11/13. or 13/10/13). Probably retake anything below a 32

Thankfully studying for my immunology midterm tomorrow is keeping me occupied. Its at 7PM... don't know if I should look at my scores before or after?

I miss immunology. I had an amazing professor. What are you guys learning right now?

Definitely focus on your midterm before anything else. God forbid, ..you don't want your emotions fogging up your performance. But hopefully, you'll do great!

Yea I'm probably going to be doing that. We're just learning about some basic TCR and BCR formation in regards to gene rearrangements and how they generate their diverse specificities.

Gonna have to check scores around 6-7 for me since I got a exam at 4 ... hate the anticipation of waiting all day .