Official August 27th 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaitianMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might as well get one started. I'm taking it in August but prepping now! Haven't seen my Sciences in YEARS so I'm starting early. Join as you will.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I'm probably going to be doing that. We're just learning about some basic TCR and BCR formation in regards to gene rearrangements and how they generate their diverse specificities.
That's funny you mention that, we just went over that in my immuno class last week; we has our first exam last Thursday (still waiting for results).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Now that it is score release day I'm remembering a bunch of questions I think I missed or am hesitant about... I hope I at least get a 33

the more I try to remember the exam, the less I can. I honestly remember like 3 questions. I wish they would release a report of our exam with our score so we could see which ones we missed. although I guess if you miss a lot of stupid ones you may beat yourself up about it.

Thankfully studying for my immunology midterm tomorrow is keeping me occupied. Its at 7PM... don't know if I should look at my scores before or after?
wait till the test is done! I'm not touching my scores till after my toxicology. Don't want to be too jittery or depressed... T minus......

Members don't see this ad :)
I sincerely wish everyone here the best! Hopefully we all achieve our target scores, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
so nervous! I had an exam this morning that I definitely bombed because I can't concentrate on anything right now

Seems a bit unrealistic to retake for a score within 2 points of your AAMC average.
My range was 28-35 and the next MCAT I'd write would be a completely new format. It's completely realistic LOL. Not to mention the med schools I'm applying to only look at your best and 2 points makes a massive difference.

My range was 28-35 and the next MCAT I'd write would be a completely new format. It's completely realistic LOL. Not to mention the med schools I'm applying to only look at your best and 2 points makes a massive difference.
Haha, well, I'd hope you wouldn't get a 32 on the new one...but I'm betting it won't be an issue anyway

do you have a range that you think you scored in?
Honestly, I don't think I can make any predictions. I was very calm during the test, I was able to pace myself well, and when I came out I thought it was a fair exam (although verbal was pretty hard - and it's my best section). Now, I feel like I might have fallen for some trick questions, and possibly bombed physics (my weakest section). I'm very nervous right now.

Almost there! My mind will be wandering all day until they are released. Thank goodness I'll be able to just sit in the back of class and keep my excitement :clap:or disappointment +pity+to myself lol.

Best of luck to everyone who is expecting their score today. Reading this thread makes me nervous about mine and it doesn't come out for another three weeks!

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

The 8/21 scores were released at 12:27 PM, according to: https://twitter.com/AAMC_MCAT. I don't know what time zone. I even have some reservations as to the correctness of that statement, because I have vague memories of posts that I read yesterday about tweets either by AAMC or Kaplan that scores were released (but they weren't).

The 8/21 scores were released at 12:27 PM, according to: https://twitter.com/AAMC_MCAT. I don't know what time zone. I even have some reservations as to the correctness of that statement, because I have vague memories of posts that I read yesterday about tweets either by AAMC or Kaplan that scores were released (but they weren't).

I believe that was 12:17 PST

Pchem = v. tough. Surprisingly so; I thought it would all be intuitive integrals, but apparently so far it's a bunch of quantum (non-intuitive) summations.

Hello all, been here for a while but I never used it. Hope I did, I could have used the support lol, my views on the exam were,

PS: Chem was a but hard and somehow time consuming. Phy was easy.
VR: lol what is that, I did 1 as a preparation for the test. But I felt they are all long passages. Did not do them all and took 5 in to rest for the BS section. (They don't really take it into consideration here in my country)
BS: Overall easy, 2 O-chem passages and few discrete. easy as f**k.

I myself am a Biology major and aced O-chem both of them. Not so good in Phy and okay in General Chem. I hope for the best and expect the worst as someone said upwards.

I wonder if they're really going to post it the second after they actually release the scores. What if they do it an hour later or something... lol

Btw, the scores for the 21/7 were released 2 hours before estimated. So we ought to stay alert !

I wonder if they're really going to post it the second after they actually release the scores. What if they do it an hour later or something... lol
I think it might take them time, during the registration they reported that the registration was open 30 min after it was actually opened.

Btw, the scores for the 21/7 were released 2 hours before estimated. So we ought to stay alert !
You are referring to the AAMC tweet, which has been mentioned. Trust me, all the anxious premeds on this forum, including me, have already looked into this. It has been rumored that the time of that tweet was of the PST (or was it PDT: more neurosis) time zone.

I setup a script to refresh the Twitter page every 5 seconds, and email/text me if it finds "8/27 #MCATday, scores have been released!"

How's that for neurotic?

:)

EDIT: Just modified the script to refresh my THX page and look for "08/27/2014" instead. Duh!!

Reactions: 3 users