***Official Creighton University Class of 2018 Interview/ Acceptane Thread***

I received an invitation to interview this thursday! (9/12) Almost cried of excitement, good luck to everyone else!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone have interview today?
How long was the interview itself? (without the tour).
Was it 1:1 interview with Dr. Norton?

I have an interview next Monday and so excited!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Wish I could help, mines not for another week and a half. I have heard its been 1:1 in the past, but I assume that's why you asked. Otherwise I don't know, sorry!

Well I got a troll e-mail from Creighton about supplemental apps...-.-

Thanks in advance!

im guessing you did get the confirmation email.
I cant imagine the 1:1 being longer than 1 hour.

check the interview feedback:
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/cusd/survey/26

most look like they're 20-30 mins long.

How long did it take for them to appear on AADSAS after you application was submitted?

I had mine the other day. Was very simple, short and strait forward. Nothing like other interviews ive had. make sure you have questions for them. read the interview feedback

I called today like 3 times and 10 mins after I received this email:

Dear 2014 Dental School Applicant:

This is a generic email being sent to all applicants to Creighton University School of Dentistry. It is simply a notification to inform you that we have received your application from AADSAS.

If you have NOT sent in your supplemental application, photograph and $60 processing fee, you should do so now. If you HAVE sent in your supplemental application, photograph and fee, this email is not asking for anything else at this time.

You can always check your status on the AADSAS web site.

:scared::scared::scared: I wonder if they tracked my number and sent me that so I stop calling them :laugh:

Just had the interview today and it was very simple. I wasn't asked any questions that were difficult. I wasn't really asked any questions at all.

This is a generic email being sent to all applicants to Creighton University School of Dentistry. It is simply a notification to inform you that we have received your application from AADSAS.

If you have NOT sent in your supplemental application, photograph and $60 processing fee, you should do so now. If you HAVE sent in your supplemental application, photograph and fee, this email is not asking for anything else at this time.

:scared::scared::scared: I wonder if they tracked my number and sent me that so I stop calling them :laugh:

Don't be scared, they send that email to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)

I have a regional interview here in Idaho because Creighton has an agreement to accept 8 Idaho students. Any other Idaho interviewees please PM me!

I got that email maybe a month ago.

I just would really like to hear SOMETHING from them. Their office isn't giving me any love!

I haven't heard back from Creighton yet. Does anyone know if they've already sent out the majority of their interview offers? Also, I read that it's a school where the interview is optional. Does that mean it's possible they may not send someone an invitation at all, but still accept that person in December, or would they definitely offer an interview invitation beforehand?

I haven't heard back from Creighton yet. Does anyone know if they've already sent out the majority of their interview offers? Also, I read that it's a school where the interview is optional. Does that mean it's possible they may not send someone an invitation at all, but still accept that person in December, or would they definitely offer an interview invitation beforehand?

Meh, be very patient with Creighton. It's a school that has one person reviewing applications, and they receive quite a few. And yes, you may never hear from them until they say "Yes".

Interview invite this morning, and I set up my interview this morning for this coming Monday, October 14th. South Dakota resident, but I'm in school at Nebraska. 21AA 23 PAT 19 TS. 3.65 GPA.

Is acceptane some new energy drink I should know about?

Is acceptane some new energy drink I should know about?

Yeah it really gives you the kick you need to get through dental school. I hear I gives you all As with half the work!

For those who have interviewed did your status go to Received/Under Review or Received/Application complete after you had the interview?

Mine updated to Received/Application Complete after my interview!

Mine did too. Anyone have any idea what that could mean?

What's running through my mind is they have reviewed our application and

a) made a decision to reject on Dec 2
b) decided to accept without interview
c) it's a generic update they've done for everybody

I'm thinking a or c is the most likely. I've heard of b happening, but I would assume it to be really rare.

What's running through my mind is they have reviewed our application and

a) made a decision to reject on Dec 2
b) decided to accept without interview
c) it's a generic update they've done for everybody

I'm thinking a or c is the most likely. I've heard of b happening, but I would assume it to be really rare.

Yeah, b seems unlikely. Let's hope for c.

Can anyone help me where do I go to print the aadsas summary sheet. Is the summary sheet just the actual application?

Hey I was just wondering what the day was like at Creighton? I know it's only two hours max it says. I was just wondering if the interview is first or the tour of the school? Thanks for your help in advance!

Hey I was just wondering what the day was like at Creighton? I know it's only two hours max it says. I was just wondering if the interview is first or the tour of the school? Thanks for your help in advance!

When did you recieve your interview? What is your state residency?

Got the invite Oct 7th. I'm Canadian. They had interview dates for all of Oct and Nov free when I got the invite. I was busy till now. So I don't know if they're all filled up with pre-dec.

Got the invite Oct 7th. I'm Canadian. They had interview dates for all of Oct and Nov free when I got the invite. I was busy till now. So I don't know if they're all filled up with pre-dec.

I had mine the other day. Was very simple, short and strait forward. Nothing like other interviews ive had. make sure you have questions for them. read the interview feedback

What do you mean by 'nothing like other interviews you had.' Were others longer and harder?

What do you mean by 'nothing like other interviews you had.' Were others longer and harder?

Apparently my phone likes you post all my replies twice

Has anyone gotten the "check back Dec. 2nd" status?

Did any of you guys who applied to Creighton (but did not interview there) receive the "check back Dec. 2nd" status?
Thanks.

Did any of you guys who applied to Creighton (but did not interview there) receive the "check back Dec. 2nd" status?
Thanks.

I applied but never received interview invite. Last update is mid october at "under review".

Last edited:
I applied but never received interview invite. Last update is mid october at "under review". Pretty sure mine went into the trash can. Oh well!

Did you call them at all? They don't have to interview to give acceptances

I applied but never received interview invite. Last update is mid october at "under review". Pretty sure mine went into the trash can. Oh well!

Mine never changed from "Received/Application Complete" from July!

I think it is safe now to ascertain that if you did not interview yet, you are still in the running. However, if you did interview, and you didn't receive a status update then maybe you should worry??

Reactions: 1 user
I think it is safe now to ascertain that if you did not interview yet, you are still in the running. However, if you did interview, and you didn't receive a status update then maybe you should worry??

From what I know Creighton interviews if they feel they cannot make a decision based off your application and need to meet you in person.

From what I know Creighton interviews if they feel they cannot make a decision based off your application and need to meet you in person.
Oh ok, I never knew that. Thank you for that.

Hopefully this school updates tommorow morning.

Creighton is an odd duck, compared to the others. It sounds like some who have interviewed have a "check back on Dec 2" status (probably good news)

Now, I do not know the numbers of those who apply, don't interview, but get in. However, I know some non-interviewed applicants have one of two statuses "under review" or "app complete". Mine switched to the app complete in october from under review. However, no one really knows what the difference (if any) is between those two are for those of us hoping for the slim chance of getting accepted without an interview

Creighton is an odd duck, compared to the others. It sounds like some who have interviewed have a "check back on Dec 2" status (probably good news)

Now, I do not know the numbers of those who apply, don't interview, but get in. However, I know some non-interviewed applicants have one of two statuses "under review" or "app complete". Mine switched to the app complete in october from under review. However, no one really knows what the difference (if any) is between those two are for those of us hoping for the slim chance of getting accepted without an interview

Yeah, I agree with you. I feel that a lot of people spend too much time worrying about the difference between "Under Review" or "App complete" for all schools. I don't think there is anything you can tell from the two regarding your acceptance status.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I agree with you. I feel that a lot of people spend too much time worrying about the difference between "Under Review" or "App complete" for all schools. I don't think there is anything you can tell from the two regarding your acceptance status.
I really wish I had the numbers of those that get accepted without an interview - it would either let a bunch of people down or cause a feeding frenzy of hope.