***Official Creighton University Class of 2018 Interview/ Acceptane Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did in September, just to make sure that my application was complete and it was. It sounded like their office is pretty small (1 or 2 people) and I know they get a ton of quality applicants so maybe it just hasn't been reviewed yet.

As much as I or anyone would sure like to get one, am I the only one who thinks the acceptance with no interview concept is a bit strange? While I know they extend these to highly qualified individuals, I feel like they would be doing themselves a disservice by not inviting them to take a look at the school. Not only that but by the time you get the acceptance, people would have thrown Creighton to the side and have already been recruited by other schools. To me, it's sort of like saying "hey here's a hail mary of an opportunity to attend but we didn't make you interview because we didn't think you'd be all that impressed". Dental schools also do not host Second Look Weekends like medical schools do. From what I have heard, it is an extremely strong school in a nice town. I also feel like the interview is a rite of passage (it takes time and money and you spend a ton of time stressing over it) to getting an acceptance and attending a school.
It is true that the no interview, acceptance is strange. However, I think they know (and it is true) that they will be a #1 choice for a lot of people: people with no state dental schools in particular, and OOS applicants that were rejected from their respective state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from them? Last year at this time, people started getting emails. Let us know.

Reactions: 1 user
Just recieved my acceptance email! 8am! Good luck everyone!

[quoteinterviews="karl66, post: 14665461, member: 518068"]did you interview at the school?[/quote]
Ya. I interviewed at the end of October.

[quoteinterviews="karl66, post: 14665461, member: 518068"]did you interview at the school?
Ya. I interviewed at the end of October.[/quote]
Thanks for replying, and congratulations!!

I didn't interview and I received an email of acceptance today! But I am most likely going to decline due to my acceptance to Iowa, so they do accept without inerview and my DAT AA was a 17 so don't be discouraged anyone!

I didn't interview and I received an email of acceptance today! But I am most likely going to decline due to my acceptance to Iowa, so they do accept without inerview and my DAT AA was a 17 so don't be discouraged anyone!
Congrats again!

What was your status on portal before and after acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)

congrats! that's awesome. what time did you get the email??

Congrats again!

What was your status on portal before and after acceptance?
Before I got a status Check back Dec. 2nd for more information regarding your status. After, it changed to offer made

Got an acceptance email at 12:30am this morning :) . I applied in the first round and interviewed mid October.
For those of you that are going to go to this school, want to exchange some contact info?!

Got an acceptance email at 12:30am this morning :) . I applied in the first round and interviewed mid October.
For those of you that are going to go to this school, want to exchange some contact info?!
Lets start a facebook group!

Reactions: 1 user
All of you guys who got posted can you post stats and residency?
Thx

Residency: New Mexico
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/21/none

Last edited:
Residency: Colorado
GPA (science/overall): 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/22/none

Has anyone here received an acceptance without going for an interview? I know this is one of the only schools that does that

So does any applicants that go on the requested interview in Jan get accepted? What's the likelihood?

My post interview review: I really liked the school. It's a little on the older side but the students and faculty really seemed happy to be there. Manual dexterity test was easy and no pressure don't worry about it. The interview was 2 professors talking to you. They could not have been nicer. The students said the course loads are about 20 to 30 credits per semester over the first two years. Mostly 8am to 5pm class schedule with not a lot of clinical work the first two years. You are in school every Summer you attend so the breaks are not very long. They are trying to increase total class size year after year. The total number of people interviewing that day was 9. There is a mini tram that carts you around campus that's neat. Kind of like a mini Disney mono rail. The city of Morgantown was like a red neck San Francisco. I say that in a good way. Steep mountain sides leading down to the river. Hills covered with tons and tons of apartments. The medical grounds where the school is looked top notch and new. Morgantown is probably one of the top 3 cheapest places to live in of any of the dental schools in the country. I saw homes for sale blocks from the campus for sale for 75k. Hope that helps.

Ooops this was supposed to be on the west va page. My mistake!

i still haven't heard anything from creighton? Do you guys know if they are done doing interviews?

How did you find out that they filled their class? did you call them? :nailbiting:
Then, are they going to send the notification email (rejection email)?

yeah how do you know the class is filled?
I actually called them about four weeks ago and they said their class was almost full. I emailed them last week too to check on my application and they said, "the class is currently filled and the next thing that the admissions committee will do is create a waiting list."

Did anyone get an interview for the online pharmd program? I have not heard anything.

Did anyone get an interview for the online pharmd program? I have not heard anything.
When did u apply? I applied the week before march deadline and did not hear anything yet. I am tempted to call them, i wonder if all seats have been filled already..

When did u apply? I applied the week before march deadline and did not hear anything yet. I am tempted to call them, i wonder if all seats have been filled already..
I applied the same time you did

Do you guys know when to submit the second (and final) deposit?