**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview #3! Like other posters above, it has been over 2 months since I've heard anything. Super excited since I was no longer expecting any more pre-dec interviews.
School: USC
Notification date: 10/29/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: UT
Application complete date: 7/11/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.56, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/25/none
Interview Date: Probably 11/12

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from Maryland recently???

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a late applicant, don't give up guys....
When I called, there were two more pre-december dates available.

Interview#2
School: NYUCD
Notification date: 10/30/14
Residency: NY
Application complete date: 9/24/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.12, 4.05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/20/none
Interview Date: 11/17

Can't believe this is interview #7, so thankful and exhausted. 32 days till December 1st!!!

School: University of Pittsburgh
Notification date: 10/29/14 (at like 10PM!)
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 6/26/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 23/22/20/24

did anyone else that interviewed at SIU have their portal change from "invited for interview" To "application complete"?? What does this mean? So they made a final decision?

also, what is a polite way to ask a school about the status of your application? Im getting a bit nervous about some schools and just wanted to ask. Is phoning them too upfront? email better? am i just overthinking?

did anyone else that interviewed at SIU have their portal change from "invited for interview" To "application complete"?? What does this mean? So they made a final decision?
Hopefully that's what it means, mine just switched to that yesterday.

Snagged the last available Friday in November for Rutgers; I'd given up on hearing from them!

School: VCU
Notification date: 10/21/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 21/21/21/21/QR 16

School: Rutgers

Mine also switched to "application complete" yesterday. I'm interpreting it as they have reviewed my full application with interview and have made a decision, but really thats just me being hopeful haha

Hey guys, just a question for those people going to cold places. So I know that we should be wearing formal suits and all for the interviews, but what about the coats that we wear? Will those need to be formal as well? Only dark solid colors?

Hey guys, just a question for those people going to cold places. So I know that we should be wearing formal suits and all for the interviews, but what about the coats that we wear? Will those need to be formal as well? Only dark solid colors?
I wouldn't worry about the formality of the coats as you will be taking them off once you are in the building.

Reactions: 2 users
I would think that if you can get a hold of a nice coat, that would be best, but I wouldn't stress about it. You can always leave it in the car and tough it on the walk into the school, or take it off as soon as you get in the door. I have always found the suit jacket to be enough to keep me from suffering.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry about the formality of the coats as you will be taking them off once you are in the building.
I would think that if you can get a hold of a nice coat, that would be best, but I wouldn't stress about it. You can always leave it in the car and tough it on the walk into the school, or take it off as soon as you get in the door. I have always found the suit jacket to be enough to keep me from suffering.

Okay, got it, thanks!!
When we take it off though, we'll be holding it the whole time during the interview/tour/etc. right? Like, there won't be a place where we can hang our coat at the school admissions office and come back to get it after the day?

Okay, got it, thanks!!
When we take it off though, we'll be holding it the whole time during the interview/tour/etc. right? Like, there won't be a place where we can hang our coat at the school admissions office and come back to get it after the day?
I'm sure schools have a place for you to keep your belongings for the duration, at least mine did.

SO delighted to get a phone call from such a wonderful school! Almost in tears!

School: University of Maryland
Notification date:10/31
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: Late July
GPA (science, overall) : 3.8, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/20/24/no

Reactions: 7 users
Snagged the last available Friday in November for Rutgers; I'd given up on hearing from them!

School: VCU
Notification date: 10/21/14

School: Rutgers

What's the date of your Rutgers interview?

SO delighted to get a phone call from such a wonderful school! Almost in tears!

School: University of Maryland
Notification date:10/31
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: Late July
GPA (science, overall) : 3.8, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/20/24/no
Wow I got an email only, I never got a phone call for my interview notification. I'm jealous!

Interview
Schools: midwesterm IL
Date : 10/31
They told me to come in next Thursday , but I'll be at Temple.
All fall interviews are full apparently. I'm going to schedule for January as soon as the dates are open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interview #1
I am so excited!!! But my interview isn't until January :/

School: Loma Linda
Notification date: 10/30/14
Method of notification: E-Mail
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28/14
Application complete date: 9/16/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/17/22

Reactions: 5 users
I've been scared all day that I'm going to get a rejection email. Scariest halloween ever!!!

To anyone who interviewed at ASDOH:
I interviewed there on Monday and they told us that we would find out by Friday (today) whether we are rejected or moving forward. Anyone else remember them saying that? Anyone hear anything yet?

Last edited:
To anyone who interviewed at ASDOH:
I interviewed there on Monday and they told us that we would find out by Friday (today) whether we are rejected or moving forward. Anyone else remember them saying that? Anyone hear anything yet?
I was there Monday as well and remember them saying they would email us by Friday, but I haven't received an email yet :unsure:

Rejection from UPenn via snail mail :/. It's ok though. Btw stats 23AA 3.9+ GPA.

Can it be dec 1 already. Nov going to be a slow month.

Reactions: 7 users
Rejection from UPenn via snail mail :/. It's ok though. Btw stats 23AA 3.9+ GPA.
How does any school have the decency to reject those stats? What could possibly be the downside to a 23 and a 3.9?!

Reactions: 6 users
Can it be dec 1 already. Nov going to be a slow month.
Slow seems faster than the pace this month will actually go. Hang in there until thanksgiving, eat a whole turkey and sleep enough so that you wake up just in time for the first. Good luck! :)

How does any school have the decency to reject those stats? What could possibly be the downside to a 23 and a 3.9?!

The only explanation I can think of is sometimes you're just too good lookin and they know it.

The only explanation I can think of is sometimes you're just too good lookin and they know it.

haha it's ok guys. I mean it was a gut shot. I felt like I met the credentials, but I guess it wasn't enough. You can't win them all haha. Sometimes it's just not meant to be :). I have no hard feelings. The competition has gotten really tough this cycle, so I'm not surprised.

BTW ....I had no interview. Wished I at least had a chance to show them my personality...but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
Does anyone know any good hotels close to midwestern il? i have my interview on tuesday!

Can't believe this is interview #7, so thankful and exhausted. 32 days till December 1st!!!

School: University of Pittsburgh
Notification date: 10/29/14 (at like 10PM!)
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 6/26/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 23/22/20/24
Congratulations! when is your interview? thanks
I am so sorry.

hey guys! So I just wanted to post something here because it may make some feel better idk. So I haven't received any interviews yet, and whenever I saw someone getting interviews at my top choice schools, I'd feel jealous and upset. It really started to bring my confidence down, and lately, I've been crying a lot. Well, I have learned that I am just TOO competitive, and I am soooo happy for all of you. and I hope we all receive interviews since I know we are all checking emails and SDN 1000x a day.

Anyways, for those with no interviews, or no interviews from your top choice schools: don't envy others or get let down. It isn't a one winner competition.. we're all different and just because someone got an interview, doesn't mean you won't get one. so don't get let down or envious; We'll all be successful dentists one day.

ok rant over, carry on and God bless :love:

Reactions: 29 users
Same boat. I got sick of this thread when people started crying about how they haven't gotten an interview invite in a few weeks. I had my app in Jun 3rd sooo try 5 MONTHS. Just check this thread once a week is my advice, and get some killer grades for that academic update.

Reactions: 4 users
Same boat. I got sick of this thread when people started crying about how they haven't gotten an interview invite in a few weeks. I had my app in Jun 3rd sooo try 5 MONTHS. Just check this thread once a week is my advice, and get some killer grades for that academic update.

Word.... Once a week is all I can give without losing some of my sanity lol I'll still quietly ninja-like everyones posts though :hardy:

I think I need to cut down too. Glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting on a first interview though. Stay strong everyone!

I've only had one interview and I was 3rd batch, but a below average GPA will do that to you. As it stands right now I'm looking to get an A in my grad-level proteins class and an A+ in biochem so hopefully I'll get some more news after the update.

I think I need to cut down too. Glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting on a first interview though. Stay strong everyone!

Your stats are SOLID. It blows my mind schools will pass up students who have put in the hard work of getting good grades, studied for the DAT, paid the AADSAS fee, and then an additional supp fee but STILL not seem interested enough to go to that school? I don't throw hundreds of dollars willy nilly. If I did, I wouldn't be wearing socks with holes and call them well-ventilated socks.

I've only had one interview and I was 3rd batch, but a below average GPA will do that to you. As it stands right now I'm looking to get an A in my grad-level proteins class and an A+ in biochem so hopefully I'll get some more news after the update.

Ive been quietly rooting for you since I see you post here. Cmon, who WOULDNT want a chihuahua dentist?

How are your extracurriculars? I have higher gpa but lower dat. schools like kentucky and western LOVE extracurriculars..be unique! try looking to work with underserved communities..Good luck and hang in there! :)

Stay strong peeps, I've only had one interview too but honestly I applied two years ago and didn't get in and it was seriously the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I have received my masters, have a wonderful fiance, and seriously feel I'm going to be a kick ass dentist. Stay strong, everything happens for a reason and I truly believe God has a plan. Everyone has different stats and a different situation so try not to compare urself to others on this forum. The stress and anxiety is not worth it. :)

Reactions: 23 users
Stay strong peeps, I've only had one interview too but honestly I applied two years ago and didn't get in and it was seriously the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I have received my masters, have a wonderful fiance, and seriously feel I'm going to be a kick ass dentist. Stay strong, everything happens for a reason and I truly believe God has a plan. Everyone has different stats and a different situation so try not to compare urself to others on this forum. The stress and anxiety is not worth it. :)
Did you get the one interview this cycle? Or two years ago?

How are your extracurriculars? I have higher gpa but lower dat. schools like kentucky and western LOVE extracurriculars..be unique! try looking to work with underserved communities..Good luck and hang in there! :)

Shadowing: 60 hrs shadowing general dentist, 32 hrs shadowing OMFS, 24 hrs shadowing endo, 24 hrs shadowing ortho.
Volunteering: 200 hrs at time of application at an underserved clinic and adding another 190 hrs during academic update.
Work experience: 5.5 yrs working as a full-time medical laboratory scientist

Surprised I got an interview this late, but excited!!

School: Pittsburgh
Date: 11/2/2014
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/16/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/nope

Keep your head up guys! We're almost to December 1st, but don't forget there are still plenty of interviews to come post-December!

Reactions: 3 users
Surprised I got an interview this late, but excited!!

School: Pittsburgh
Date: 11/2/2014
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/16/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/nope

Keep your head up guys! We're almost to December 1st, but don't forget there are still plenty of interviews to come post-December!

nice!

Did you get the one interview this cycle? Or two years ago?

One last time, Creighton, and one interview this cycle at Western. Waiting to hear from Roseman and OHSU!

One last time, Creighton, and one interview this cycle at Western. Waiting to hear from Roseman and OHSU!
Nice! One of my best friends just started her first year at western :) it's a great school! Good luck! Where did you get your masters if you don't mind me asking? If I don't get in this year, that is my back up plan so I can reapply again for next cycle

One of my friends, who was a pre-dental member with me all throughout undergrad, committed suicide last December after being rejected for the second time. I miss that guy every day and he really inspires me to want to be a dentist even more. He was the nicest guy I've ever met, so please don't get depressed if you don't get in. I'm right there with you and I might not get in this cycle. But never give up. Don't let a rejection break you. I'm sure you are all wonderful people and will all be wildly successful. I believe in you guys! Motivational speech over.

Reactions: 33 users
FIRST INTERVIEW!!!! Hopefully I'll get more interviews in the near future...kinda regret submitting my application so late :(
School: UPenn
Date: 10/29
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/22/20/no