Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some IAs don't show up on your official transcript. Looks like you will need to call your Dean of Student Affairs.
I'm not that neurotic... yet.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No matter what background you come from, if you're eating in a McDonald's you're all on the same level.

Reactions: 1 user
What happened to the Lion's Den?

Wolf's den, you mean? It's name was changed back to the lounge.

Yeah. I haven't been here in a while. I couldn't ever really find it back when it was named Wolf's Den.

Yeah. I haven't been here in a while. I couldn't ever really find it back when it was named Wolf's Den.
The Lounge was its original name- they changed it to The Wolf's Den as an April Fool's Day thing, but just never bothered changing it back for years.

The Lounge was its original name- they changed it to The Wolf's Den as an April Fool's Day thing, but just never bothered changing it back for years.

Ah. I still don't get it, but that's okay.

And here I am waiting for 11:00 to come so I can order those ghetto nuggets.

20 for 5 isn't bad. I like them.. just not after they get cold.

I just hit 5,000 likes! Thanks @Mad Jack!!
aliens2.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Whenever I encumber myself with too much (usually on the social side of the triangular spectrum) or when I unnecessarily doddle... I usually use one of three methods to get myself back into "the swing of things:"

I watch med school parody videos. I typically use the ones that use popular contemporary musical instrumentals.

I listen to the intro of House or Gray's A.

I watch a show like Helix.

He's probably the funniest poster I've ever seen on this forum. Is trolling categorically not allowed? If not, laughingfrog should be let back on the condition that he doesn't overdo things.

Speaking of med school parodies, here's a new one that's not really a parody but pretty good:

It's like that one guy who was calling out people hasn't lurked enough to experience a lalex or dreamadream thread. And those two posters are new af.

Oh gawd, the cringe is palpable.
cringe.jpg

I threw up in my mouth a little bit. That was so bad I worry just reading it might have permanently damaged my social wiring.
That reminds me -- saw this on 4chan:
Cringe 2.jpg

I don't want to live in this world anymore MJ :arghh:

That's kinda ****ed up by the mom. I've stopped judging people for their interests and hobbies because I know many people would be quick to make fun of mine.

I got a shot in my arm and I'm in more pain than when I got my wisdoms pulled.

These immunization deadlines will be the death of me.

This is my first post on SDN, but I've been reading these forums for years. Recently, I've been caught up in something a bit crazy and thought maybe SDN can help me. I'll try to make it brief:

I've liked a guy for a while now, and all through last semester, I've been trying to find ways to talk to him. He knows me like a colleague, but never really took the chance to know me as a friend. We didn't have any classes together, so I guess that made it harder to find opportunities to meet :/

I'm also pretty shy when it comes to "making a move" so nothing ever materialized, although I'm pretty sure he must have noticed me hyperventilating around him. After watching my plight, my friend thought it would be fun to prank text him to see if he liked anyone and just get him talking. She texted him as a fake-name student in a class he TAed for, and later asked him if he wanted to hang out. To our surprise, he showed interest and started talking. I've been texting him for a week now and never knew he could be so much fun to talk to. He keeps flirting with me and saying how much he really likes talking to me. He wants to hang out and says he wishes he had met me earlier.

It makes me feel good because I'm being the 'real me' (as in showcasing my personality) when I talk to him, and he likes that. However, he obv doesn't know it's me…he still thinks I'm a student with a different name. I didn't lie to him anymore after that, but I can't keep deceiving him like this. If only I had texted him like this as the real me when we first met! :(

At the same time, I'm sure he will stop talking to me if I tell him I lied. And I don't want that to happen. I'm taking my MCAT in 3 weeks, and it's weird, but talking to him calms me down lol I guess it kinda helps relieve my stress idk. I feel all jumpy when I don't talk to him that day and I always look forward to his texts. I might be overreacting, but I'm worried ending this game abruptly will affect my MCAT studying. I want to eventually tell him the truth, but should I wait until after my test is over? :unsure:

So there it is. I feel terrible and desperate. I honestly didn't think it would get this far after my friend texted him randomly for fun. But it did, and now I feel a little dependent on talking to him. I wish I could say his texts were so bad it made me get over him, but on the contrary, I'm starting to like him even more.

What do I do??

God I feel like I just read a middle schooler's diary. Just talk to the kid in person.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
You'll eventually have to tell him the truth at some point. Even though he calms you down for your MCAT studying, I suggest you tell him sooner rather than later. Though he may be irritated and never speak to you again if at all possible, there is always that chance that he will be understanding. If this is the case, you may be able to go on a few dates with him, which will make you even happier and can help you in your MCAT preparation. It's certainly risky, but as an aspiring physician, you should know the importance of telling the truth.