OK State c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alrighty, checked with Anna and all notifications have been sent for disqualifications and IS interviews, so OOS, no news officially equals good news for now. Also, all acceptance, wait list and denials will be email this year, so no more waiting for snail mail! :clap:

Thank you for finalizing my suspicion! Whew! I can finally live anxiety free for the next 30 days! Haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Eep, so excited for everyone! Good luck:luck:

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like I may be withdrawing my application as I received a contract seat at UGA, it's hard to pass up in state tuition! There is also the chance I could get a contract seat at Oklahoma but I want to work in the poultry field and it seems that Georgia has more opportunities in this. Does anyone know what Oklahoma's opportunities for poultry is like? This is a tough decision to make!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like I may be withdrawing my application as I received a contract seat at UGA, it's hard to pass up in state tuition! There is also the chance I could get a contract seat at Oklahoma but I want to work in the poultry field and it seems that Georgia has more opportunities in this. Does anyone know what Oklahoma's opportunities for poultry is like? This is a tough decision to make!
Our dean actually originally studied to be a poultry vet before happening on the academia track. She is a great one to talk to if that is your interest. There are electives in avian physiology and anatomy as well as externship opportunities, and I believe I saw a scholarship or two for those with that interest. I don't know what Georgia offers, but like anything, the opportunities will be there if you have the interest.

Congratulations on the Georgia acceptance!! :highfive: It is a great school from what I have heard from others. As far as choosing where to go, you just have to make the pros and cons list for yourself and see what happens when you flip a coin. Were you secretly hoping for one more than the other during that moment before the coin hits?

Also, seeing as how you won't hear for another 3-4 weeks from Oklahoma anyway, there is no reason to rush the decision. Personally, I would wait and see what happens before making the decision, unless of course you just really have a predilection that UGA is the school for you. You have until April 15 to solidify your decisions.

Sorry this is probably discombobulated, My brain is not working quite yet as I wait for my coffee to brew. :laugh:

There is nothing wrong with waiting to hear from OK before deciding. Then, you decide, or the decision has been made for you. See what the cost difference would be and take that deeply into consideration as well.

I know of one c/o 2014'er that went into poultry industry med. It's not a very popular path for people to take so you have to seek out some experiences on your own. However, a genuine interest with decent grades will likely get you several scholarships, since there are usually a few that are specific to those interested in industry and/or chickens.

Br-auk!

Plus, we're really close to Arkansas, which is a huge poultry state. I agree with the other's, though. We don't have a ton of poultry stuff, but yay for scolarships. And if you get the contract seat Oklahoma is pretty cheap!

Plus, we're really close to Arkansas, which is a huge poultry state. I agree with the other's, though. We don't have a ton of poultry stuff, but yay for scolarships. And if you get the contract seat Oklahoma is pretty cheap!
Yes being close to Arkansas is a plus that's where I have done all of my poultry related internships and I loved it there. I even got to travel to Stillwater and work in one of the Tyson hatcheries while I was there. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm not sending my acceptance into Georgia yet, first I want to see if I have any comparable offers. I would love to receive an offer from Oklahoma especially one of the contracts seats. For some reason not many Delaware people applied to Oklahoma this year as they did Georgia, but I've toured the campus/area and really like the environment.

Alrighty, checked with Anna and all notifications have been sent for disqualifications and IS interviews, so OOS, no news officially equals good news for now. Also, all acceptance, wait list and denials will be email this year, so no more waiting for snail mail! :clap:
Are disqualifications different from rejections?

Are disqualifications different from rejections?
Yes, some people have an issue with the required prerequisites, so they are notified earlier about being disqualified from the applicant pool. Rejections are for those who qualified but did not make it past consideration for a spot. Rejections, wait list and acceptances all go out at the same time.

Last edited:
Yes, some people have an issue with the required prerequisites, so they are notified earlier about being disqualified from the applicant pool. Rejections are for those who qualified but did not make it past consideration for a spot. Rejections, wait list and acceptances all go out at the same time.
Thanks, guess I'll remain worried lol

Hi All! I emailed them this week and was told "early March". I am OOS but hoping!!

I called today and withdrew my application (OOS) because I got accepted to my in-state school. So, one less person on the list. :) Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called today and withdrew my application (OOS) because I got accepted to my in-state school. So, one less person on the list. :) Good luck everyone!

congrats on getting accepted into your instate school!

Hello! I just got the strangest e-mail and was wondering what everyone else thought of it. I'm OOS and because one of the schools I'm applying to suggested it, I applied for FAFSA. Today I got an e-mail telling me that they wanted more forms and that I should log-in with an O-key but as far as I know, acceptances haven't even been e-mailed out yet, so I don't have one! Did anyone else get a similar e-mail?

Hello! I just got the strangest e-mail and was wondering what everyone else thought of it. I'm OOS and because one of the schools I'm applying to suggested it, I applied for FAFSA. Today I got an e-mail telling me that they wanted more forms and that I should log-in with an O-key but as far as I know, acceptances haven't even been e-mailed out yet, so I don't have one! Did anyone else get a similar e-mail?

It's probably just a mix up. Main campus does all that stuff, and they know nothing of the vet school's affairs. Just ignore it for now. If you get in, then you will have what you need to apply. You are just pretty early with filling out that stuff I think.

Apps are still being reviewed. The doctor I'm around this week had 87 files to review. So it's still happening.

I got the same email. It was really weird because it came to my undergrad email and not the one I used for grad school and VMCAS.

Thanks @twelvetigers and @MouseWrangler ! I was just concerned, even though it's early, that I had missed some sort of admissions anouncement because I actually missed the anouncement via e-mail for where and by when to send our transcripts to OSU. -.- Aparently, OSU e-mails are highly susceptible to spam. Anyhow, I guess they just sent them out as a sort of pre-emptive thing.

Also! Good News! When I called to ask about the e-mail, Anna told me that admissions are moving along and she said they would likely be out in two and a half weeks!

Last edited:
Good Luck the next couple days to all in IS folk interviewing! I will be sitting in the lobby most of the afternoon tomorrow mingling, so if anyone is hiding in the SDN woodwork and wants to say hi, feel free to PM me or something! :=|:-): :luck::luck:

Ooo interviews! Guess that means I won't be studying in the library tomorrow. Good luck in-staters!

Does anyone know why the tours were cancelled? I'm kind of bummed out about that.

Does anyone know why the tours were cancelled? I'm kind of bummed out about that.
We had a special case in the hospital. I agree that it was unfortunate, but hopefully anyone who really wants a tour can come during open house, or just email Anna to set one up. :)

We had a special case in the hospital. I agree that it was unfortunate, but hopefully anyone who really wants a tour can come during open house, or just email Anna to set one up. :)
Ok, thanks! Yeah, I was thinking I would call and set one up sometime. :)

Hey guys I'm OOS and haven't heard anything since Christmas so I guess that's good. Good luck and can't wait to hear the news...as long as it's good!

Hey guys I'm OOS and haven't heard anything since Christmas so I guess that's good. Good luck and can't wait to hear the news...as long as it's good!
I'm an instate applicant and they told us at our interview that admissions would be preparing and sending out e-mails the 26th and 27th of Feb.
So if you haven't heard anything yet, I would take that as good news for now! Good Luck!

Still have not heard anything from OSU so im guessing that's good news for now. I was wondering if it was okay to write a letter of continued interest? Just to let OSU know its still a top choice and update them on any new experience I have? Or if this is an annoying thing to do before they mail out decisions?

Last edited:
I got my e-mail!! I'm accepted! :) Will there be a Facebook page started for the class of 2019?

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats OOSers! :) That is awesome!

Congrats everyone accepted! I'm an alternate OOS, but I've been accepted to my in-state:D, so good luck to everyone on the waitlist! You'll have one extra spot out of the way. ;)

Congrats everyone accepted! I'm an alternate OOS, but I've been accepted to my in-state:D, so good luck to everyone on the waitlist! You'll have one extra spot out of the way. ;)
Congrats on getting accepted in state! :) Big accomplishments are happening everywhere!

OOS alternate... accepted at another school but still considering going here if I get a spot due to tuition costs. Can anyone tell me reasons why they chose OK State? I'm trying to decide what's better for me if I would be offered a spot. Thanks! And congrats to everyone else!

Well it's a NO for me from OK state. That's ok, I figured it was a long shot being OOS... still hoping for LMU or Ohio State

Accepted oos from MD!!! Could a current student possibly tell me a little bit about housing?? Pet friendly?? thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS alternate... accepted at another school but still considering going here if I get a spot due to tuition costs. Can anyone tell me reasons why they chose OK State? I'm trying to decide what's better for me if I would be offered a spot. Thanks! And congrats to everyone else!
Lots of reasons I chose to come here. Small class size, no tracking, plenty of case variety, and cheap living are just some of them. I posted in the Factors in choosing a school thread for a slightly more complete breakdown. :cat:
Factors when picking a school

Accepted oos from MD!!! Could a current student possibly tell me a little bit about housing?? Pet friendly?? thanks!
Tons of options. I live by myself in a two bed one bath house w/ garage and big backyard for my dogs for $600 a month and pay ~$160 for utilities, plus or minus time of year. Takes me 25 minutes to walk or 5 minutes to drive to school. Lots of housing students share right next to the vet school as well and plenty of apartment complexes. People here have a wide variety of animals including many with horses since there are plenty of places to board.

So OOS waitlisted. My next question - does anyone know how many they waitlist?

So OOS waitlisted. My next question - does anyone know how many they waitlist?
I was wondering this, too. In the email it says something like "you compare favorably to those that were offered admission" but I am sure that is what is written to every alternative, right?..

I was wondering this, too. In the email it says something like "you compare favorably to those that were offered admission" but I am sure that is what is written to every alternative, right?..
Wait listed OOS mine said the same thing. Good luck!

Last edited: