OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks Crazybob... I've been on my cell phone so I couldn't use any overly excited emoticons!!! LOL

I feel so much better knowing that I got into the school I really wanted :D

I just made chicken salad and now I have to write a paper. I'm going to be so grateful for science once I get done writing all these papers! :laugh:
Are you going to withdraw all your apps or see what other offers come forward?

Mercer is one of my top schools, I bet you're so excited!

where is everyone? are you busy studying like I am?
homework......:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys- I am so excited! Just thinking about how we are all going to be going through school together. I am SO going to keep posting on here. We should keep it going! :)

Guys- I am so excited! Just thinking about how we are all going to be going through school together. I am SO going to keep posting on here. We should keep it going! :)

I'll be posting about what it's like to live on campus :laugh:

v My happy dance for all the lucky people getting accepted. :)

PANDA_CAT.gif

Way to go, yall.

Did anyone catch the Canada USA Olympic Game on Sunday.

I'm a Pens fan, but I loved seeing USA stick it to the Canadian and Cosby.

I know the game was a few days ago, but I feel USA is a medal contender.

so who is still waiting for their first acceptance? :(

Are you going to withdraw all your apps or see what other offers come forward?

Mercer is one of my top schools, I bet you're so excited!

homework......:cool:

I dunno... I know I want to go to Mercer so everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do about my other applications! I haven't finished the supplemental for LECOM yet, but I have an interview next week at PBA and I'm not sure if I should go. I'd rather leave it open for another student who doesn't have a spot you know?

I'm totally going to keep posting here, but maybe not as much. LOL I have to keep up my grades and I want to try and transfer to a Publix in Georgia for my internship. I'm going to try and work at least 1-2 days a week. The student who gave me my tour of campus said he only works once a week to stay on the pay-roll so he can get his hours in over summer and winter break (I don't think your hours count when school is in session). Plus they're going to give preference to the interns who are already working there throughout the year you know?

v My happy dance for all the lucky people getting accepted. :)

PANDA_CAT.gif

Way to go, yall.

Thanks! He's cute I like him. lol

Congrats to Lea and Tink! I didn't get a chance to get on sdn last night, so my belated congratulations will have to do. :hardy:

kmoogs, I'm waiting to interview (March 11th).

Thanks and Good Luck! Posting on here really helps because I felt like I was prepared after talking to everyone who is already in pharmacy school, etc.

I dunno... I know I want to go to Mercer so everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do about my other applications! I haven't finished the supplemental for LECOM yet, but I have an interview next week at PBA and I'm not sure if I should go. I'd rather leave it open for another student who doesn't have a spot you know?

Don't finish your supp for LECOM!!! And why spend the extra cash for PBA? You know you want to go to Mercer. It is a well-known school, great reputation and you seemed to love it! My vote is for you to go with Mercer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't finish your supp for LECOM!!! And why spend the extra cash for PBA? You know you want to go to Mercer. It is a well-known school, great reputation and you seemed to love it! My vote is for you to go with Mercer.

I definitely want to go to Mercer! lol I just didn't know if it was stupid to cancel everything after getting accepted to one school, but since it is a top choice then I guess that is all I need = )

I definitely want to go to Mercer! lol I just didn't know if it was stupid to cancel everything after getting accepted to one school, but since it is a top choice then I guess that is all I need = )

At this point I'd say it's just 'finish remaining classes in a relaxing manner'... :D

At this point I'd say it's just 'finish remaining classes in a relaxing manner'... :D

Very true. I have over 90 percent so far on all my business papers, and I really only need to pass them with a B. My science classes are going pretty well also, so I guess I'm doing okay. I'm going to be working 40 hours a week soon though, so that is going to be totally new for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing my bank account grow because that means less working in pharmacy school. :laugh:

I had class ... now an all-nighter for my cell and molecular exam ... Ughh. These schools need to hurry up and get back to me so I can relax for the rest of the semester :D

I had class ... now an all-nighter for my cell and molecular exam ... Ughh. These schools need to hurry up and get back to me so I can relax for the rest of the semester :D

You'll have your acceptance soon enough, don't you worry! :)

I have to write a couple of essay for my "Women in Music" class...booooooooo sometimes I really despise Fine Art class requirements.... meh

I know what you mean.

Seems like everyone around me is getting acceptance letters like hotcakes. It's going to be another 2 months before I find out :mad:

Congrats to both of you, does that mean you'll go to U of A?

And that now makes literally everyone I know that has gotten an acceptance letter but me lol

Thank God for booze!

Don't forget me :(

I know what you mean.

Seems like everyone around me is getting acceptance letters like hotcakes. It's going to be another 2 months before I find out :mad:

Mine's more that four people I work with got into my #1 choice and I was waitlisted. It irks me because none of them really no jack about pharmacy.

Oh well, my own fault for having sucky grades my first two years. The wife says I'm becoming a bit of an a-hole the last few weeks. Oops lol

Mine's more that four people I work with got into my #1 choice and I was waitlisted. It irks me because none of them really no jack about pharmacy.

Oh well, my own fault for having sucky grades my first two years. The wife says I'm becoming a bit of an a-hole the last few weeks. Oops lol
:( just be patient.... before you know it you'll be getting letters from all 5 schools saying they want YOU :p

then who'll be the big man at your pharmacy?
:cool:

:( just be patient.... before you know it you'll be getting letters from all 5 schools saying they want YOU :p

doubt I'll be getting letters from all five. my problem is I know precisely what is holding me back... and it is completely my fault. If I had done things just a little differently then, I wouldn't be in this situation.

That is something that is hard to stomach every night.

doubt I'll be getting letters from all five. my problem is I know precisely what is holding me back... and it is completely my fault. If I had done things just a little differently then, I wouldn't be in this situation.

That is something that is hard to stomach every night.
I think you're being overly critical of yourself. You seem to be very personable so I'm sure that the interview wasn't your issue. You have the experience schools are looking for. Plus as you've mentioned you saw an upward trend post bacc. with your college classes. Stop being so tough on yourself!!!! You'll get accepted then everything will be fall into place.

Maybe good for phathead but I only interviewed at one haha :oops:

I think you're being overly critical of yourself. You seem to be very personable so I'm sure that the interview wasn't your issue. You have the experience schools are looking for. Plus as you've mentioned you saw an upward trend post bacc. with your college classes. Stop being so tough on yourself!!!! You'll get accepted then everything will be fall into place.

When all 5 schools tell you exactly what I just mentioned, I'm not being overly critical ;)

It's ok, there's nothing I can do about it. I had about...10 schools tell me to not even bother applying with my grades. So I know I am a longshot regarddless. I figure best case is I'll get 3 or 4 waitlists.
What are your plans now? I mean besides waiting to hear back from schools... Are you planning on reapplying next year? Or continuing on in post bacc work/possibly getting your masters?

I am still in shock, I think. Seriously...it has not set in yet.

I am SOOOO rooting for you guys :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

It IS gonna happen and we are going to go through pharm school together :)

If you don't get in this year are you going to reapply or take the PCAT and apply O.O.S?

Dunno, I'm not very eager to move out of state unless I'm working in NYC or Boston/Cambridge...

I'll decide based on what Joel (admissions director at UCSF) tells me I'm lacking ... if I get rejected. For me its UCSF or bust.

Dunno, I'm not very eager to move out of state unless I'm working in NYC or Boston/Cambridge...

I'll decide based on what Joel (admissions director at UCSF) tells me I'm lacking ... if I get rejected. For me its UCSF or bust.
Hey that's good! I love the fact you're intent on getting in. Seems like a very very tough school and from what chebs writes it's safe to assume with all the work & tests they give out they're readily preparing their students to be the BEST pharmacists they can be.

Keep your mind occupied, I bet it's nerve wracking but it will be over soon enough. I think this year's students really brought it... so far everyone's gotten their top school acceptances so fingers crossed for the rest of the fellow SDNers!

What are your plans now? I mean besides waiting to hear back from schools... Are you planning on reapplying next year? Or continuing on in post bacc work/possibly getting your masters?

I'll keep reapplying until I get in. My GPA for this school year will be about a 3.74 from my calculations, so that'll certainly help. It'll just take longer.

I'll keep reapplying until I get in. My GPA for this school year will be about a 3.74 from my calculations, so that'll certainly help. It'll just take longer.
sweet GPA. No worries though, YOU'LL get in. Don't put those negative vibes into the universe phat! YOU WILL GET IN THIS YR!!!!!!:thumbup:

I usually don't follow this thread, but congrats to those who got in!!!

Now hurry up and learn to dispense the drugs that I will invent someday.

Hey Bob, do you know anyone in the combined PharmD/MBA program?

Nope. I've considered it, but you have to work separately with UALR's MBA program. I can't take any electives right now, so I don't know anyone in my class who is talking about it. I imagine more people would start thinking about it during our second and third years.

Nope. I've considered it, but you have to work separately with UALR's MBA program. I can't take any electives right now, so I don't know anyone in my class who is talking about it. I imagine more people would start thinking about it during our second and third years.

I'm starting to think about 'backup plans'... since I'm like 90% done with my prereqs (will be 100% after summer term) and I need something to keep me busy until I get in or don't get accepted, and due to my existing undergrad degree I've already got most of the MBA prereqs. If I get in, I'd already be at least halfway done with it.

Even though I'm not exactly planning to go independent or get into management. :confused:

I'm starting to think about 'backup plans'... since I'm like 90% done with my prereqs (will be 100% after summer term) and I need something to keep me busy until I get in or don't get accepted, and due to my existing undergrad degree I've already got most of the MBA prereqs. If I get in, I'd already be at least halfway done with it.

Even though I'm not exactly planning to go independent or get into management. :confused:

I plan on doing a dual PharmD/MBA. Of the schools who didn't offer it already, they all said they'd be more than willing to do a pilot program with me. You just have to ask.